You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "poppit26" started this thread

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Monday, July 12th 2010, 10:28pm

hypothyroidism after bubs

towards the end of pregnancy i got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and they put me on thyroxine, it was only 4 weeks before i was due. when bubs was born i was told to have another blood test 6 weeks after to give the old body chance to sort itslef out a bit. so 6 weeks later i repeated the blood test and the results came back fine. the doc said must have been the strain on the body and it is quite common in pregnancy....dont come again
4 months later i went to get my cholesterol checked so they did the bloods again and my thyroid has dropped like a stone! (6 something) and the doc called me back the next day and put me on levothyroxine....come back in 6wks......the 6 wks is up this week. i have to have another test thursday.
my cholesterol is also high, but he said this is probably due to the thyroid and should hopefully stabalize once the thyroid has settled

in the meantime ive been depressed, bloody knackered, mood swing, cant lose weight etc....looking back all classic signs of thyroid problems. i was been treated for post natal.... now this has come to light it may all be due to this.....

anyone else had this type of thing?
im hoping its a blip not a life changing thing....could the ivf drugs have caused this?
sorry for the essay x

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 9:50am

Hi Poppit, sorry to hear you've had such a hard time. I don't know anything about thyroid problems during pregnancy, sorry.
I just wanted to say I do know it's not something that will change your lifestyle. My dad has Hyperthyroidism and once they get it under control with the drugs life can go on as normal.
So it is just a blip, not life changing. Good luck hun.
By the way your little boy is sooo cute. xx