You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gambouk" started this thread

Reg: Oct 24th 2008

Sunday, August 1st 2010, 9:17pm

Help - my one year old son is biting his twin sister! Advice?

Hiya, hope somebody may have a few words of advice. My twins have been a dream to raise until now - guess I've had it easy! However my DS has started biting his sister really hard - the teethmarks and bruising are there for days and of course she's really upset when it happens. Because he's only 12 months old it's obviously not malicious and probably he sees his sister as yet another thing to help him along with teething. I have no idea how to stop this - a 12 month old won't understand a telling off or even a loudly shouted NO!!!! I separate them as soon as I realise it's happened but any ideas as to how to stop this before my DS gets an ASBO?!
gambouk xx

I am 36, have 2 gorgeous daughters aged 10 and 6 and have now completed my family with twins!

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 9:05pm

I had a smiliar incident today, with my almost 1 year old biting my cousin's little girl! I'm thinking much the same as you, at this age I don't think there was any malicious intentl, and she has quite a few teeth coming through, so she can sometimes try and gnaw on anything available! That said, it's not something I want to encourage! So, considering she is still very young, today I took her away from my cousin's little girl, and said firmly, but not shouting that we don't bite, it's not nice, and then put her back onto the floor, a little bit away from them. I'm not sure what/how much she understood, but I think I have to start somewhere! My son didn't really bite at all, but we have already had a few nips from L, so we'll see how we go!

<

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 6:15pm

My LO isn't big enough yet to start biting (he only has 2 teeth) but from what I understand from other mums at 12 months old they will understand cause and effect so if you are always consistant with taking him away, firmly saying no and putting him down away from his victim for a bit then he should learn that biting her gets this response and he will not wanthese it so should gradually stop biting - that said these things always sound easier on paper than they are in practice!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

• "gambouk" started this thread

Reg: Oct 24th 2008

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 9:16pm

Thanks for the advice ladies, hope all of my little boy's teeth come thru quickly and that this lovely little stage will be over soon!
gambouk xx

I am 36, have 2 gorgeous daughters aged 10 and 6 and have now completed my family with twins!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests