You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

roxy7

Star

• "roxy7" started this thread

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 9:11pm

Support Pillows and Feeding Positions

My EZ2 Nurse pillow has been a life saver so far but the twins now seem too big for it. They're nearly 4 months old and with the position I've always used (double rugby hold with their feet to the rear, under my arms) they seem too long to fit anymore. Even when I try and bolster myself forward by putting pillows behind me and raise up the sides of the ez2 using cushions, the twins won't fit without their legs in the air and look really uncomfortable. I'm struggling withough a comfortable tandem position as they often eed conforting at the same time.

How do others do it? I'm desperate to sort this out soon. Unfortunately the EZ2 Nurse is anything but...

TIA

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 9:00am

Hi Roxy

I used the EZ2 pillow for feeding too, both bf and bottle. Definitely a must purchase for any twin mum I say! I stopped using it though for the same reason as you, the twins just outgrew it's length. I don't bf anymore but all i do to bottle feed is place a regular pillow on my lap and put the twins head to head diagonally with the legs just on the sofa by my side (does that make sense?) Maybe you could adapt this for bf too? The V pillows you can get for pregnancy/feeding are much much longer and softer, and may be something that could help also?

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

roxy7

Star

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 5:49pm

Thanks Duffy, it does make sense but my boobs won't reach far enough! When I've tried that position, I have to stack the cushions/pillows up to get the babies close enough to my nipples and when they're both crying in the night it can be pretty stressful trying to get the height just right and the stacks stable enough. I think I'm going to take a visit to our local foam shop and see if they can cut me two triangular shaped wedges of firm foam that I can put either side of me with enough height so that I only have to use a small cushion for each of their heads. Meanwhile, I have two body pillows that i'll try to wrap round me in the fashion of a V shaped pillow and if the two are stacked on top of each other maybe it'll be high enough? Problem is, these babies are quite heavy now (and one's far heavier than the other) so they squish soft cushions - they need to be quite firm.

Any other thoughts twin mummies?

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 3:27pm

Hi Roxy, I'm a bit out of date here, but did you come up with a solution? I'm still using the EZ-2 nurse pillow with my twins although it's not easy because they are so big and heavy and Finn especially is a little wriggler, they've both managed to wriggle right off (feet first into sitting position on sofa, so safe!). In the day time I feed them on the sofa, and have a cushion stuffed under each side to keep the cushion up. I also have a blanket behind the back pillow which pushes me forward a bit so there's a bit more leg room. They kind of curl around me, and I pull their bottoms out sideways a bit to get a bit more length room. For the last feed of the day and the first 2 feed of the next day, I feed them in bed. Then I use my pillows, both against the wall, but the one closest to me folded lengthways in half, then the ends of the EZ-2 pillow sit on top of that (as does the back pillow), and I use my knees to prop up the front. They then have a fair distance to the wall. I'm not sure how long I can keep it up though. At my breastfeeding group I go to, I got the lady who runs it to try and show me some no pillow solutions, but it just didn't work as they are too big! They feed fairly quickly now, so I think at some point I will resort to feeding one at a time as they are only getting more and more wriggly!

4x IUI
Mar 08 IVF BFN
Jun 08 ICSI BFN
Sep 08 ICSI BFN
Oct 08 FET BFN
Apr 09 ICSI brief BFP
Aug 09 ICSI :BFP:

Me 40, DH 38

Our dream came true,

Lukas and Finn were born 13/04/10 at 36w6d biggrin2
My diary

roxy7

Star

Monday, October 11th 2010, 4:34pm

I've come up with a similar solution, Claire. I also fold up blankets as little head supports for the babies and so I can shuffle them into the best position as they crash into each other otherwise!

Me 41, DP 42
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
cs booked for 20/04/10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE