You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nettynoodle" started this thread

Reg: Jul 9th 2009

Tuesday, August 17th 2010, 10:46pm

stabbing pains in uretha?

Ridiculous I know but I'm worried, I've had 6 previous m/c and am currently 14+4 weeks pg. I've always regarded my pregnancies as painful, but this is sharp stabbing pains in my uretha. I had a negative urine test for infection. Clueless, but its so painful I'm considering going to EGU, I've been a complete nuerotic nightmare since I found I was pregnant and I feel like I'm going insane! Baby was fine a week ago at the scan, could it all be in my head due to my past? :wacko:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 17th 2010, 11:00pm

Mmmmmm.......

How much liquids are you drinking and is the pain before/during/after urination or in between? Do you have increased urgency to wee?

It's incredibly common to get water infections while you're pregnant. Your bladder doesn't drain as well as usual and your whole urinary tract takes a bit of a battering due to hormones and things changing down there. If you've had just a few days of not drinking enough it can tip you over into a water infection.

For now, make sure you're drinking lots of water. A couple of litres a day is about right. When are you next being seen for a check up?

Tuesday, August 17th 2010, 11:11pm

Thanks for your quick reply :)

I'm due back 2 weeks tomorrow at the Midwife. I've had an increased need to wee for a few weeks. I maybe haven't drank as much as I should as my 'area' became sore through wiping all the time. Thats stopped now, but this feels more inside.I'm lay here with a cushion between my legs which helps a little but the pains are still coming. I've never had a water infection so im unable to compare them. I've had no cramping, or blood. I had cramping with previous m/c except missed. Would I know if they were contractions?

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 17th 2010, 11:20pm

Yes, if you were cramping you'd have period pains in your uterus

There doesn't need to be blood or cramping for you to have a water infection although it 'can' be a sign. Some women don't know they've got one but bacteria shows up in urine tests. Some women get symptoms like a frequent urge to wee, a feeling that they need another wee as soon as they've been, a sharp stabbing pain at the end of a wee, dull tummy aches, an uncomfortable feeling at in their urethra, back aches etc... some will even feel faint, sick and dizzy.

If I were you I'd make an appointment with your GP in the morning. If you have an awkward GP with long waiting times you MUST say that you're pregnant, that you have a water infection and that you're worried as you've had previous miscarriages. That will probbaly ensure that you're seen. A good GP will decide on the spot whether s/he thinks it's a water infection and will give you some antibiotics.

You can take some paracetamol for the discomfort and you really must make sure you're drinking plenty.

Tuesday, August 17th 2010, 11:32pm

Thanks Bells,

I will make an appointment in the morning. I'm lucky in that I have a fantastic GP. I've had back ache and nausea too, but just thought they were pg symptoms. The backache is only a little uncomfortable so I didn't think too much into it. Have just installed a bottle of Volvic next to bed :)

Thanks again

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:00pm

Just wanted to say thanks, I saw GP today and she said I had white blood cells in my urine and prescribed me tenkorex tablets for 2 weeks. I also have thrush, oh the joys of pregnancy :)