You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Danielle" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 9:46pm

cow's milk and effects on the body (nappies!!)

Hello fellow mums,
advice needed please... alert, TMI... poo talk!!
Charlie is now a year old and I have moved him onto cows milk and no more formula. He's loving it and has about 16/18 oz a day. That's a cup in the morning, some with breakfast and a bottle at night. Thing is he is now doing at least 4 horrible, nasty dirty nappies a day and his bottom is getting very sore. It's not diarrhoea, but very wet and sticky and flippin' loads of it!!! The biggest problem is that he is going in the middle of the night and by morning it is everywhere!! Sorry if you've just had your dinner!!

Has anyone else had this problem after moving their LOs onto cows milk? Is it the milk or could it be something else?? He eats a lot of fruit and veg and not sure if that is contributing to this almighty mess as well. I'm not really sure and my health visitors are useless at times, so I'd rather ask you lot.

Thanks, fingers crossed I don't have to wash anymore sheets, sleeping bags, cot bumpers, vests, pj's teddies tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!!!

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Jessica

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 9:52pm

Ooh, that sounds nasty, Danielle. :scared:

I can't speak from personal experience but a friend of mine was saying only yesterday that since she moved her little girl over from formula to cows' milk she hasn't needed to give her (the little girl!) any lactulose. She thought it might be because formula is fortified with iron, which bungs you up. So, if Charlie didn't used to get bunged up on formula perhaps the reduction in iron has caused the problem?

(That's not to imply that the reduction in iron is a bad thing, as at this age of course it's hardly necessary as long as he's having a varied diet which I know he is!).

• United Kingdom

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 10:35pm

Hi Jessica,

It's not nice but I'm more worried about his poor little insides!! I didn't know such a small person could produce such a huge load of ... you know what!! Sounds like it's the milk then if your friend has experienced similar with her little one. I was also concerned about iron and chose not to put him on follow on milk as it's very sweet apparently and then they don't like cows milk. He does get a good balanced diet so I guess he's ok. Just very very regular!
xx

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, August 20th 2010, 8:12am

I have moved KJ to cow's milk and he having no problems at all. Might be worth asking the HV.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

• United Kingdom

Friday, August 20th 2010, 9:12am

Thanks Gemma. I asked the HV yesterday and she said go and see the Dr. How helpful? My mum told me I had an intolerance to cows milk and had goats milk at a year. HV's eyes nearly popped out of her head, goats milk is a big NO NO and can be harmful to young children. 'Luckily I'm alright, but my mother obviously went against medication recommendations' according to the HV.

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 11:30am

Hi Danielle, no advice i'm afraid. I didn't have a problem switching L to cows milk but just wanted to say Hi. Can't believe the LOs are over 1! goes so quick! Anyway hope you got chance to speak to your dr. Im sure he or she will have a solution for you :) xx
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

• United Kingdom

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 7:48pm

Hi Jen!! How are you and L doing? Yes a year certainly flies by! C is getting better actually and he's not as sore, I think he's either getting used to the milk or something else upset him I will talk to the Dr if it continues.
Lovely to hear from you xxx