You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ozzy

Star

• "Ozzy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 9th 2008

Location: I live in West Yorkshire but will always be a Geordie!

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 9:20pm

Holiday/flying with a 12 month old - top tips please?!

Hi!

Hi ladies - just looking for some advice and/or top tips please!

Thomas is 1 on the 17th September and we go to Gran Canaria on the 25th. My mum and dad are coming so we have extra hands and extra room in hand luggage if necessary!

He's great with eating, even with no teeth, so I'm hoping he'll eat whatever's available as we're All Inclusive and meals are buffet-style. Will take a jar or pouch for the plane and a few in the case on a friend's advice just to be on the safe side and am hoping I can get some there if I really need to? My mum and dad know the hotel quite well and it sounds like there's plenty of choice.

I'm stressing about milk. He's currently on 2 formula feeds a day, one from a bottle and one from a beaker. I'm planning on getting him off bottles by the time we go (then less sterilising stress) and also on to just cows milk. There's a fridge in our room so I'll get some from the local supermarket.

Have got some new small books and toys for the plane that I've hidden away!

So... Sorry for the ramble. Any tips on food, milk, nappies, the plane, the sun etc etc all gratefully received!
Catherine

Me 37, PCO. DH 44, average!
IVF #1 April 08 abandoned (too many follies, risk of OHSS)
IVF #2 - BFN
IVF #3 - BFP 14/02/09

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 10:37pm

This thread should help Travelling abroad with babies.....

We went AI at Easter to Gran Canaria -when baby bubs was about 14 months. I took a few pouches of food with us which were really handy for the plane etc, esp the fruit smoothie ones which she just drinks by herself. AI buffet was great because if she didn't like something we just got something else - the soups and pasta dishes seemed to go down the best. Oh and pancakes and scrambled egg for breakfast. I worried a little about the salt content but then figured it was just for a week which couldn't really do any harm. We also bought some yoghurts over there which we kept in the fridge and sometimes took to dinner as the sweets tended to be very sugary and she wasn't keen. Food really wasn't a problem. Milk wise we did what you're thinking and just bought fresh and kept it in the fridge. Nappies we took a bag over and just had to buy a few more near the end of the week when we ran out. If you do need to buy some just buy the local brand as Pampers are very expensive. Plane wise, new toys books etc are all great. And lots of snacks. Sunwise we took a UV tent but she didn't tend to use it much, preferring to sleep through the hottest part of the day.

Can't think of much else. AI made it a really easy holiday to be honest and you should really enjoy it.

Have fun x

Ozzy

Star

• "Ozzy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 9th 2008

Location: I live in West Yorkshire but will always be a Geordie!

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 9:14pm

Thanks Bubble - I was starting to worry I was too laid back about it all if that makes sense! Really looking forward to it but I knew this would be the best place for excellent tips and advice!

x
Catherine

Me 37, PCO. DH 44, average!
IVF #1 April 08 abandoned (too many follies, risk of OHSS)
IVF #2 - BFN
IVF #3 - BFP 14/02/09

Reg: Aug 8th 2008

Children: m/c at 14 wks 2007

Monday, September 20th 2010, 3:40pm

Hey Ozzy
I went to New York In August with my 8 month old, I would agree with what Bubble has said above. I really prepared for the plane especially as it was a long haul flight, my good friend gave me great advice when she said "zip lock bags!!" they are just the wee resealable freezer type bags, I had one with 2 nappies and wipes in to put just by your seat on the plane so you dont have to continually get a bag down from the locker, and I had an extra tshirt for me just incase she got sick over me, and plenty of snacks. I also took out toys and books gradually, so she didnt get bored. A great tip also which I never would have thought of was to make sure the baby is drinking a bottle or sucking a dummy when the plane is taking off and landing, just helps prevent little ears getting sore!! Hope some of this helps
Try and relax and not stress too much about it am sure you will have a fab time
Take care
A
8 X BFN Clomid & Metformin
9th round - Mar 09 150 Clomid :BFP: SHOCKED