You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jessica

Superstar

• "Jessica" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 9:01am

Staying in a Hotel With a One Year Old - What to do About Food?

Hi all,

We are going to be staying in a hotel for a couple of nights next month and I've just started wondering what to do about food for DS who will be 13+ months. When we stay with relatives I go armed with various things for DS including stuff that needs to be refrigerated - full fat milk, baby yoghurts/fromage frais etc - but the hotel rooms don't have fridges or mini-bars as far as I can tell.

What have other people done when staying in hotels with little ones? Do you ask the hotel to store your fridge stuff for you, or do you just not bother taking anything like that and just use whatever the hotel supplies?

Thanks!
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 9:05am

We are normally quite careful with what kj eats but when you go away it is more difficult.

We just normally give him what they have but do take snacks and things that don't need to go in the fridge.

In terms of milk most hotels will have full fat milk but you could take a carton of long life full fat just for this.

If you do want to take yog yogs I would ring ahead and just ask if they can put them in the fridge- I know the last hotel we were in did do this when KJ was a little
bit younger.

Have a nice time. Where ya going?

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 1:56pm

Or a bucket of cold water on the windowsill outside serves pretty well for keeping milk/yoghurts fresh. A small cool bag with icepack would probably give you 24 hours freshness as well. We have tended however just to use what the hotel supplies and take non refridgerated things like ella's fruit smoothies and other snacks. A decent hotel will be more than happy to give you a cup of milk when you ask for it in the morning or at bedtime.

JOEED

Star

United Kingdom

Reg: May 28th 2008

Children: 1 IVF ICSI

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 10:01pm

I have been away a couple of times now in hotels & I ve taken the ready made follow on milk in single serve bottles rather than worrying about keeping milk fresh ? cow & gate do a yoghurt type deserts that does not need to be kept in the fridge but tastes the same ?. I also had a couple of the new steam dinners by cow & gate that do not need to go in the fridge & can be heated with a little boiling water just in case I could not get him anything that he liked to eat ? but more for my piece of mind that I had something for an emergency.

ME 36, DP 46
1st IVF Cycle (ICSI) MAY 08
EC MAY 08 OHSS full frozen cycle 16 frosties
1st FET 16 Oct 08 2 Embies's 11 frosties left
1 little boy born 26/06/2009