You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

janied

• "janied" started this thread

Reg: Aug 25th 2010

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 1:27am

scratch scar

My 3 year old daughter got scratched on the cheek about 1/2 inch long by her one year old brother with a tiny jagged nail. It bled slightly at the time, this was 3 and a half months ago, and then seemed to heal okay. The mark is flat and doesn't seem to have much texture change, but she has been left with a red line on her face that doesn't seem to be fading no matter what kinds of scar creams I put on her. The dermatologist told me to avoid the sun and give it time to fade, but it has been over 3 months and I am upset that she still has this scar. Has anyone had a similar experience? Did the mark ever go away or at least get to be minimally noticeable? Thanks for any responses.

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 9:06pm

Hi and welcome to FZ.

I think all scars tend to fade over time but I guess it would vary from person to person and depend on the scar - where on the body, how deep it is etc.

If you've already seen a dermatologist, I think the best thing would be to give it a while longer and see how it is, or if you are really worried, phone your GP and ask for another referral.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE