You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jilly-bean" started this thread

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Children: no children

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 8:08am

private cycle

HI All.

I have had 2x nhs tries with St Mary's and now I will have to go private. Does anyone know if I caqn have private cycle at St Mary's and if so how much it would cost. If not does anyone know where I will be referred to?

Jilly-bean.xxx
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS
1st ICSI Feb 2010 - BFN :bawl: 2nd ICSI July 2010 - BFP m/mc :bawl: 3rd ICSI Jan11 - BFN :bawl: Our IVF Journey is now over! June 11 Natural BFP m/c :bawl:

MY DIARY

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 8:58am

Hi

St Marys don't take private patients but some of the consultants there also consult for private fertility companies. If you're in Manchester there is MFS but also North West Fertility where you can have appointments in Manchester but have EC in Liverpool. I have no idea on costs but suspect they will be on their respective websites (and there are threads on here so maybe ask?)
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 9:02am

Hey Jilly

I had my treatment with CARE in Manchester and they were really great, I would recommend them. They are expensive but no more than any other clinic from what I gather. I think their costs are on the website. To give you a vague idea I think we paid about £5k (including ICSI) for a full treatment cycle.

• "jilly-bean" started this thread

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Children: no children

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 9:06am

Thanks for your replies.

Ros - I have just found the care website and price list. Was the £5K including your drugs? Does it depend on what protocol you do? I have been on short protocol so far.

Jilly-bean. xxx
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS
1st ICSI Feb 2010 - BFN :bawl: 2nd ICSI July 2010 - BFP m/mc :bawl: 3rd ICSI Jan11 - BFN :bawl: Our IVF Journey is now over! June 11 Natural BFP m/c :bawl:

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 9:05pm

Hey hun,as you know i have just had my 2st failed icsi private. I was at MFS in Man they were really good.

I have also been on the NHS waiting list since Oct last year for st Mary's. The trafford pct called me and said i could wait a few extra months if i wanted because they were going to tender with Care manchester and she said she would reccomend this as they have more or less double the sucess rates there.

To cut a long story short st Marys don't do private cycles and Care and Mfs sucess rates only have 1% between them. MFS were great,but think we going to try CARE for our next go if the free one doesn't come round soon.

Sorry for the waffling hun keep us updated on what you decide. I may see you there at one of them blowkiss blowkiss

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE