You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "babymaybeme?" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "babymaybeme?" started this thread

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Baby on the way.

Monday, September 20th 2010, 5:49pm

Referral and treatment: Different Financial years

Hello,

We are likely to be referred to Hammersmith for IVF or ICSI (we've had all the tests done and waiting for the referral). If we are referred in the next month or so, does treatment have to start within this financial year? For job reasons, I would prefer the treatment to start next July. Can I request this?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

Karen

babydust

13 July 2011 :BFP:
bab21

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, September 20th 2010, 6:24pm

Hi Karen,

You are NHS I presume? there is usually a waiting list for IVF on the NHS so it is unlikely that you would start straight away, the waiting list differs from area to area so you'd need to find out what the wait is in your area.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

• "babymaybeme?" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "babymaybeme?" started this thread

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Baby on the way.

Monday, September 20th 2010, 6:51pm

Hi Grace,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I am NHS. We will be referred to Hammersmith. I'm a bit confused about the whole waiting list thing.

babydust

13 July 2011 :BFP:
bab21

Reg: Mar 22nd 2010

Monday, September 27th 2010, 9:20pm

Hi Karen,

The whole waiting game does seem to vary within the NHS, we have had ICSI treatment at Barts and ended up waiting nearly 15months for our first go. So all I can suggest is you call your clinic and they should be able to give you some sort of idea of the wait involved.

x
Mel

x

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 4:20pm

Hi Karen, great news that you have had funding for your cycles agreed.

As I understand things your name will be put on the waiting list now and you'll be notified when you're at the top and its your turn. I doubt that would be very quick but you could ring the clinic and get a rough idea.

I'm not sure what happens if you refuse treatment when you're at the top of the list - whether you'd go to the bottom again or whether you'd just stay at the top until you felt the time was right.

When you start isn't based on the financial year though - just on when you get to the top of the list.

My DH works for our local PCT - I'll ask him his thoughts tonight.

x

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 2:06pm

Hi Karen :)

I am going to have my Ivf in Jan 2011 , Hammersmith hospital are generally quite quick but it also really depends on your PCT , My PCT Ealing is really fast our first appointment was in august 2010 then second appointment 2010 then I received the approval letter just last week to say that the co-ordination appointment will be next month and drugs are starting in DEC2010 the actual IVF 2011 , and if I was to cancel my treatment will have to go through everything all over again but then I will end up at the end of the queue again . Good Luck I cannot wait for mine to start :thumbsup:
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 2:07pm

and forgot to say the referal letter was send to hammersmith in July
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12