You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

2mums

Star

• "2mums" started this thread

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Monday, September 27th 2010, 12:07pm

Lopsided boobs

Since I started breastfeeding my boobs have become lopsided! They were nice and even before, but now the right boob is bigger than the left. I've been trying using alternate sides to start with so not sure what's going on... any ideas?

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, September 27th 2010, 12:13pm

Mine did that, I think it was because I was feeding our DD too much on one side and it was her favourite boob. I ended up feeding her more on the left and it sorted it out pretty much, I think my right is ever so slightly bigger but it's not noticeable unless you have real good look.

I hope it sorts its self out soon.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, September 27th 2010, 12:21pm

oh the joys of breast feeding :P dont think theres a lot you can do. my right boob is a lot bigger than left, and thats because its johns favourite. not bothered though, dont want to start a lap dancing career at nearly 38 and 4 kids under my belt :snigger:
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, September 27th 2010, 4:15pm

You probably/possibly feed from your right more frequently or for longer and therefore increasing the amount of milk that side makes. Is your baby more comfortble on that side? Do you tend to go for that side as default, maybe during the night or when baby is cluster feeding? Do you sit in a favoured position that makes feeding from that breast preferable to you?

Either that or your right breast may have slightly more milk making breast tissue.

If it's any of the former then you can work in ways to increase the volume of milk in your left breast by consciously favouring it more.

2mums

Star

• "2mums" started this thread

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Monday, September 27th 2010, 5:38pm

thanks girls! will try feeding more from the left.

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE