You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, October 4th 2010, 9:00pm

Projectile Vomiting- Is it normal???

For the last 4 or 5 days I have been giving LO formula throughout the day and BF at night. Well, everyday but one he has projectile vomitted what looks like the whole feed once during the day. Its very distressing to see although it doesn't seem to bother him. Is this normal???? Unfortunately we don't get any warning when its going to happen it just fires out!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 10:06am

When you say projectile - what do you mean first of all?

Could it be that the teat you are using is maybe too fast a flow or is your wee one taking his feed too quickly?

I remember when my wee girl was a bit younger, if I didn't encourage her to have a wee break during her feeds, she too would then vomit it all back. I also would notice this a bit when we changed up teat size too. Sometimes, we had to change back for afew days if we felt she wasn't quite ready,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 10:25am

Thanks Lisa, it looks like the entire feed just firing out of his nose and mouth all at once, not nice!

I am still using slow flow teats, but he does gulp it down!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 12:21pm

I BF for first 2 weeks and unfortunately due to health problems had to stop and now have to formula feed. Lia sounded like she was gulping her milk down but when I looked she had hardly taken any. I changed yesterday to the next size teat up with great success and just give her a wee break when gulping to try and slow her down. I think when BF they have to suck so hard and it takes time to adjust to bottle. Good luck x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 12:46pm

Its totally normal and not a problem as long as you LO continues to gain weight. One of my LOs used to do it all the time - some babies are just sickier that others. I know how alarming it is to see a huge 'fountain' of milk coming out of a little mouth, and it is especially upsetting when you've just spent an hour getting it in them. If it turns into a problem then the doctor can give you something to thicken the formula which helps them keep it down a bit better.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 11:53am

Hello,

O was amazing at projective vomiting!! My friend was here one day and O totally missed herself but got me, the floor and pretty much half way across the room. She would vomit if she had needed a big burp and it would all come back up and if she was just feeling a bit greedy and had too much she'd be sick but then she's sick up more that she wanted and so would then have more of a feed!

Provided he is gaining weight he should be ok. Speak to your HV and let them know whats going on, they'll be able to reassure you and keep an eye out for you too!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE