You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Newly Wed" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 12:57pm

Help - DD feeding at night and not during the day!

Well it just goes to show that all babies are different. Mine are on exactly the same routine (4 hourly bottles during the day) but their behaviour couldn't be more different. Lottie takes an 8oz bottle 4 times a day and sleeps from 7.30pm through til 7am. However, Issie will only take much smaller bottles during the day, anything from 1oz - 5ozs, as a result of which she is not getting enough to eat during the day and is still waking up for 1 and sometimes 2 night feeds. Sometimes you'd think we were actually torturing Issie when we give her a bottle as she screams so much. She will usually take the first oz or so very quickly, but then she decides she doesn't want any more and we literally have to force feed her. However, at night, she guzzles a 6oz bottle with no problem whatsoever and has started waking up 4 hours later for another one. Clearly the solution to getting Issie to sleep through the night is to get her taking full bottles during the day but she just won't!

She did have a difficult start as she is allergic to cows milk and soya (both of which are in regular baby formula) so she suffered from terrible stomach cramps for the first 12 weeks. She was then on a foul hypo-allergenic formula and I don't blame her for not drinking it. We switched to something less disgusting a few weeks ago, but she doesn't take it any better. My theory is that she has developed the association bottle = bad/tummy ache/disgusting and that is why she won't drink during the day, but at night when she is starving, can't see it etc. she takes it much better.

Any suggestions????

I'm starting to panic as I go back to work in less than 3 weeks, and it is hard enough to cope with the tiredness at the moment, let alone when I have to do a demanding and stressful job during the day. Never did I imagine that my LOs would not be sleeping though at nearly 6 months.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 11:52pm

Have you tried feeding Issie in the bedroom with the light out during the day, so she thinks it's night and maybe would be more relaxed about taking her bottle? Might be worth a try, though with another baby to look after it probably wouldn't be easy.

• "Newly Wed" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 8:38pm

Thanks Chris. In fact, that is what we try to do (and I now have a full time nanny to help - woo hoo!!!) and it does help a little bit.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE