You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "angels&babies" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Monday, October 18th 2010, 3:21pm

10 Month Old not taking milk

Hi there,

Just looking for a bit of help and suggestion, please?

A is 10 months old now and after she went fussy over her Hungry Baby Aptamil around 6 months, we moved onto the Follow On formula from Aptamil which seemed fine. We were managing to get about the recommended 21 ounces in per day no problems.

As time goes on, we are struggling to get milk in:

7:30am - 7 or 8 ounce bottle made - takes only 3-4 ounces of this and the rest is made up in her porridge which she now is starting to refuse (any suggestions there most gratefully received). We've tried various cereals and give her a variety.

12pm - 6 ounce bottle made - takes only 3-4 ounces again and depending on what I'm giving her for lunch, I can sometimes get the remaining 1-2 ounces in but not often as most of her meals are homecooked and frozen for her.

4pm - Sippy cup with baby juice (about 12-15 parts of water to juice so not too strong at all) and her dinner.

7pm - 6 ounce bottle made - takes 2-4 ounces only.

The meals I make are with plenty of veg and either beef, salmon or chicken and I use alot of milk based sauces.
Today for example she had what we call, "Beef Pie" - Braised Steak with Carrot, Onion, Garlic, Tomato and Baby Beef Stock and a topping of mash with loads of spinach in and cheese and milk.
I also give yoghurts regularly.

Despite all this, I still don't feel we are getting enough in and wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to what I could do?

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, October 18th 2010, 7:19pm

Hi Lisa

Sounds like you're doing a pretty good job to me - lots of yummy healthy food, some milk, and adding in dairy products.

Seems awful but I can't actually remember the amount of milk my girls had at 10 months. DD1 couldn't have dairy til she was over 2 so she had gallons of milk substitute instead. But DD2 I 'think' was down to 2 bottles a day by the time she was 1 - 1 in the morning and 1 before bed - she's still having this now but I think the morning one will be gone by christmas.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting her to drink more milk but see if you can sneak more into food - adding milk to mash like you did today is a great way to do it. Also puddings - rice pudding is nice and lots of dairy. Does she like cheese? Cubes of cheese for a snack are quite good.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, October 18th 2010, 7:35pm

O takes about 4-5oz 4 times per day. I give her yoghurts, cheese, put milk in mash, porridge, cereal, etc etc!

But Pootle, rice pudding!!!! Why did I not think of that!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Apr 5th 2009

Children: Blessed with a beautiful little boy

Monday, October 18th 2010, 7:59pm

Aiden usually has a breastfeed first thing but doesnt stay on long so dont think he actually gets much, he then has 2oz breastmilk with his weetabix/porridge, then between 5&8oz about 3pm and then 7oz before bed (obviously solid lunch and dinner in between). From what I understand, from 9 months, they need about 18oz but that includes dairy products, so all the cheese and yoghurt count. It sounds like your little one is getting plenty and has a fantastic diet xx
Cheryl
1st ICSI blessed with Aiden Reece Parkin born 01.01.10

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "angels&babies" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Monday, October 18th 2010, 8:10pm

Thanks guys, that makes me feel heaps better.
I really appreciate all your help,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE