You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flic

• "Flic" started this thread
  • Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, October 25th 2010, 12:30pm

Eczema??

Hello!!

I am pretty sure that O has got eczema around her mouth. I know she's prone to it because it runs in the family, my brother had it really bad as a child, and I have atopic dermatitis.

My question is should I get her to the docs to get it properly diagnosed and get some stuff for it? What can I do to help in the meantime? I've put some of my cetraben on it as I know that its ok for children and is for eczema. But is there anything else??

Can someone point me to some good threads?!?!

Thanks!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Turkey

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: 1 boy, 1 girl

Monday, October 25th 2010, 1:15pm

Hi Flic

My LO has eczema,and we use Cetraben and hydrocortisone,although he mainly gets it on his body. I thought he did have it round his mouth,after we got rid of the rash he had last week he was left with a red mouth, also because he is teething and dribbling it doesn't help, I took him to Boots at the weekend and she gave me some ointment for him to use.
The Practise Nurse we see for his eczema told us to use Vaseline round his mouth too in the hope it will work as a barrier and stop the dribbling making him red raw.

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, October 25th 2010, 1:21pm

Ah, so if I go to the docs we might get some hydrocortisone. Its just very red and looks quite sore so I don't think the cetraben on its own will clear it up.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, October 25th 2010, 1:38pm

Trouble is, while she's dribbling a lot then it's going to disguise her symptoms as it could also be that her dribbling is making her mouth sore - like it's getting chapped. You can get an emoliant moisturiser from your GP that's suitable for babies - I've just got some for J as he's got eczma up his cheeks to about his eyebrows - so we'll see if it makes any difference.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, October 25th 2010, 2:08pm

See I did think initially it was the dribbling but looking closely at it it does look like my brother used to look. Its round her mouth in the creases and a bit on her cheeks. It looks very dry and not nice really.

I've got an appointment for Friday to see a nice lady doctor so hopefully she'll sort her out. It doesn't help that she's got a cold now too and runny nose. I'm worried I'm going to make it sore by wiping her nose :sadface:

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, October 25th 2010, 7:21pm

Try dabbing her nose rather than wiping, J hates having his nose wiped but till tolerate it if I dab it instead - you don't get all the snot but it makes it better, limit yourself to 3 dabs so she doesn't get cross and she should let you continue to do it.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, October 25th 2010, 7:35pm

I'll do that. Thanks Grace!

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 7:51pm

Oh I also dab my own nose first when he's watching andthen ask if I can do his so that he knows what I'm about to do. He's got quite cooperative if I do that.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 8:04pm

Hi Flic

Hope you get your little one's sore skin sorted out on Friday. My DS has had eczema for about three months now. We first went to our local pharmacy who just gave us some aqueous cream and it did seem to help. More recently my HV looked at it and prescribed a different cream called Double Base. She said it often helps just to try new creams as there's quite a bit of choice. she said to put it on 3/4 times a day which i do. It's always gone in the morning and much worse by the evening and like you, it's not nice wiping the area as it looks so sore. He has it on both cheeks and under his chin and he can look very blotchy on a bad day :sadface:

doesn't seem to bother him but then difficult to know!

Hope your GP can help.

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 9:06pm

Hiya,

I used to have double base for my skin but it didn't work, neither did the aqueous cream which is how I ended up on cetraben.

Hopefully the GP will sort us out on Friday. If she can just confirm it for me and give me something to clear it up a bit then I can get on top of it and get moisturising!! I do my face 4 times per day when its bad so I'll smother us together!!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests