You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "simmmo19" started this thread

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 8:56am

When can I play hockey again??

Just wondered if anyone knows what the general advice is about starting to exercise again after giving birth???

I play hockey and I'm itching to get back on the pitch but a couple of people have told me it is too soon. 'A' is 3wks 4 days old and I feel great. I'm only spotting now and my stitches have healed, but I don't want to do any muscle or ligament damage. I have to adnit I trained with the team last Wednesday, but took it easy. I was stiff the next day but otherwise it felt good and I'd like to go again tomorrow night...... am I being too keen???

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 12:03pm

Are you mad? :snigger:

Sorry, no other advice :)

But isn't it a bit soon? Aren't your boobs a bit heavy? could they do damage if moving around too much? :snigger: sorry! but you know what I mean I hope :)
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 4:38pm

I think the general advice is to wait until you've had your 6 week check. Your stomach muscles may not have closed up yet and its better to get the go ahead from the doctor in case you do any damage.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 4:43pm

As Flic says, make sure a GP has looked at your tummy to make sure your abdo muscles are ok.

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

• "bouncytigger" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 5:14pm

I knew you would have posted this post!!! And I second Mr C - are you mad????!!!!????

You should be eating cake and drinking tea.. :snigger:
ICSI number 5 - BFP!! :boy: :girl: arrived December 2010

• "simmmo19" started this thread

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 6:34pm

BT...... I do drink tea and eat cake, that's why i need to exercise!! :snigger:

Flic & Blue, thanks - I hadn't even thought of my abdominal muscles! I was more concerned about my pelvis and ligaments etc but I guess my stomach needs to knit back together too. My GP's surgery doesn't do a 6 wk check they make you wait until 8wks and then do a baby check up and first jabs all at the same time.... not sure I can wait that long though :sadface:

Without wishing to go into detail Mr C, nope no heavy boobs and a very good sports bra!! :O The only wobbling I felt when I ran was my lardy love handles :8o: :snigger:

Hmmmm, I feel a trip to the GP coming on to beg, oops I mean ask, if I can play again.

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 3:44pm

Hey there Claire

I am in the same position as you but for me it is cycling that I am desperate to do. It has been 4 weeks for me since my c-section and I feel fine. So much so that I decided to get out on my bike for the first time this morning and I loved it! I took it easy but did feel pretty tired by the end. I think the best thing is just to listen to your body and if you think you are well enough then just get out there and enjoy your hockey. Everyone recovers from childbirth/ c-sections differently so I don't think there can be any set time that you should wait. But to be on the safe side it does make sense to get advice from your doctor.