You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

2mums

Star

• "2mums" started this thread

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 5:11pm

Post-baby weight

Hi ladies,

Bobble is now 2 months old so it's early days, but just wondering when the baby weight will shift? Most of it dropped off in th first few weeks but I'm now stuck at about half a stone over my pre pregnancy weight. I don't look too bad, just a bit of a muffin top :O I'm eating around 400-500 extra calories a day as i'm breastfeeding, I eat pretty healthily but I guess not as active as I used to be... Am I just being impatient? I was kind of hoping the weight would just melt away on its own without any effort :snigger: Maybe I should get out my Davina workout dvd that's been gathering dust...

Any advice girls? How long did it take you to get your figure back?

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 5:26pm

Chick, it IS early days!!!

I think I was back in my jeans by about 4 months BUT I still have a jelly belly and not being able to work out has most definately not helped!!

I am now 8 months on and still have a jelly belly and wobbly bits but I'm lighter than before I was pg. I just don't look like I did before.

Give it time, it will come off but you'll need to do some work too I think. I know I do :D

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 7:25pm

Hey hun, i still have a jelly belly after 16 months, even chasing around twins on the move.

Dont think its time for you to get out Davina DVD just yet!! Give yourself a break x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 7:30pm

Hiya

I didn't lose the half stone left over from my first PG until I stopped Bf at 8 months.Like the others say it is still early days.I've lost the weight quicker this time,but have a horrible muffin top,I'm sure if I did a hundred crunches a day I could get rid of it,but that ain't gonna happen! Like Flic my body shape has changed too.

xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "csam" (Nov 3rd 2010, 7:35pm)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 8:04pm

Csam, I'm with you on the crunches. Not gonna happen!! I'm just gonna xfingers that I suddenly decide to grow a bit taller and it stretches out :D

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 8:29pm

Flic- lmao I'm a short arse Flic but have huge feet :O I'm sure I haven't finished growing yet :innocent:
xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 8:45pm

My mum says if i stand on my head long enough my bum will go to my boobs - yeah wishful thinking!!
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 8:58pm

Hiya,

I echo what the other ladies have said, it's still really early days for you, don't be putting pressure on yourself.

With H I seemed to plateau at a certain weight. I was bfing, and eating quite a bit of cake!!! I didn't gain, but didn' lose anymore either! When I stopped bfing, at 7ish months, I made an effort, and shifted a bit more. When I got pg with L, I was at the same weight I was when I got pg with H.

After L, again I seemed to stop shifting the weight at a certain point. When I stopped bfing, I really went for losing all my baby weight, and a bit more that I needed to, to get to my 'ideal' weight. I probably got there by the time L was 9-10 monthish....since then I've lost a bit more, not intentionally, but I think running around after a 1 and 3 year old, juggling work, home etc etc, is burning off the calories...I also agree with what's been said about body shape, despite being lighter now than I've been for years, my shape has changed, tops etc don't look/fit the same.

xxx

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 9:04pm

I'm almost 10 months on and most definitely still have flabby bits! I actually gained more weight breastfeeding than I did during pregnancy (I took the whole eating calorie-rich foods a little too seriously :snigger: ) I have very recently lost half a stone just because we're in a good routine which allows us to go for long walks in the afternoons and be more active generally - but I'm still in my fat clothes. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe!

It's early days hon, just do as you're doing :)

Moonshine

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 9:04pm

Today was my second day back and work and someone gave up their seat on the tube for me thinking I was PG. I gratefully accepted and am now on a strict diet!
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Wednesday, November 3rd 2010, 9:11pm

You're lucky most of it dropped off in the first few weeks - I lost a stone having chics - then I've stayed the same since (think it may be the chics) - Still 1 1/2 stone more than I want to be, but don't want to diet incase it affects chics food supply. Think I'm resigned to being size 14 for teh xmas party ( I was a 10 pre-pregnancy) - bit down as at the moment I don;t think any old clothes will ever fit again! :tears:
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Thursday, November 4th 2010, 3:48pm

You are early. I started Weight Watchers when Annalise was 7 weeks old mainly because we weren't eating properly and I know when I follow this plan, I plan my meals ahead better. I have lost a fair bit since last year and am over 3 stones lighter than I was - that's even with putting a bit back on. I was down at 10 and a half stones prior to starting ICSI in 2008 and my weight gradually crept up through treatment and then being pregnant. For the last 4 months of my pregnancy, I hardly put anymore weight on through feeling sick alot of the time. I still ended up being over 17 stones just before I delivered! :O
I am basically just eating sensibly just now and so have not lost anything - I'm waiting for a scan next week to see if I have gallstones. If all is ok, I am going back to try the new Weight Watchers plan to see how I go and see if I can shift the last bit of weight I want to. I still have about 3 stones to lose to be what I want to be though.

Don't be too hard on yourself just now as it is early days and in the grand scheme of things, you really don't have alot more to lose. As someone else said too, you are BF just now and that has to be your main thing. Another factor which helps none of us at the moment is the crappy weather. I still get out walking but not nearly as much as I was doing when the weather was better.

You will be fine,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

2mums

Star

• "2mums" started this thread

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Friday, November 5th 2010, 12:28pm

Thank you so much for all the wise words... sounds like I need to stop being so hard on myself! After all, I have my gorgeous baby, and a bit of flab is a price well worth paying : D

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Saturday, November 6th 2010, 3:48pm

I feel exactly the same as you at the moment 2Mums, although for me it has only been 4 weeks since my LOs were born. I am pretty fed up of constantly wearing my comfy tracksuit bottoms as they are the only things I can fit into. I don't really want to buy a whole new wardrobe a size larger so am trying to loose the extra wobbly bits around my tummy if possible, although sitting on the couch all day BF ing and eating cake and biscuits isn't helping!

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, November 16th 2010, 6:35pm

y mum says it takes 9 months to gain the weight and the baby and a further 9 months to go back to normal. i have put about an inch extra on aftr evey baby so not too babd. and my belly is still a bit jellied 19 wks on, but im getting there without trying or worrying.

enjoy the extra, its a constant reminder of the miracles in our lives as well as stretch marks :happy:

xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done