You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "angels&babies" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 4:52pm

1 Year Old Immunisations

Hi there,

I was just wondering when our wee ones should get their imms that are due around 1 year old?
I was told I would get a letter through and A will be 13 months soon and I have heard nothing.
I just wondered how long I should leave it until I chase it up.
I obviously don't want to pester them if it's not quite due yet,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Jessica

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 4th 2008

Children: One little boy, thanks to IVF

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 5:28pm

Hi Lisa,

I guess it might be different in Scotland to England (where I am) but we got our reminders through like clockwork so I would suggest you chase them up. After all, it can't do any harm, can it - they won't mind you chasing them for it. There's a good chance it's got lost / delayed due to the Christmas and New Year bank holidays and whatnot so better that you get on with sorting it out rather than waiting for it - it may never turn up!
Kitty
xx

IVF Nov-08 - BFP. DS born July 2009
FET Oct-10 - BFN
IVF Sep-11 - BFN

• United Kingdom

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 5:46pm

Thanks Jessica, I think I will phone them in the morning. It does concern me that our letter might have been lost in the post,x

bab21
My Diary

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 8:10am

Hiya Angels and Babies,
The schedule has changed ever so slightly recently. We use d to give hib and meningits c combined at 12 months then MMR and pneumococcal at 13 months. Now we give all 3 vaccines at either 12 or 13 months so you should be hearing very soon. There is usually a delay of a few weeks or so around this time of year. I agree with Jessica, ring your surgery. If its the right time to do the vaccines, you don't have to wait to be sent for.

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 8:12am

I would chase them gently.

What I was surprised about this year was that I got no letter about the flu jab despite being pregnant AND having asthma and having the flu jab every year. Weird.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 7:50pm

They've never reminded me about J's jabs I always have to remember so I would book them in yourself and not wait for the reminder.

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 6th 2011, 9:13pm

Thanks Guys, [zx127]

I spoke with a friend in the same area who's wee girl is 3 weeks older than A and their appointment was due 27th December which meant she was 13 months exactly and they got the letter a bit earlier than that. They had to cancel as they were in the states on holiday for 3 weeks so she now goes on Tuesday for hers.
I phoned and left a message on the answering machine anyway so we will see what happens,x

bab21
My Diary

• United Kingdom

Monday, January 31st 2011, 11:18am

Just to mention for anyone else looking for similar information, we eventually got A's appointment in and they said the rules had just changed about them having 12 month vaccinations and MMR at 13-15 months.
They say that they now are combining them and giving them from 13 months onwards. The HV said it was something to do with protecting them earlier.
Thankyou everyone for your contributions,xxxx

bab21
My Diary

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Friday, February 18th 2011, 4:57pm

You'd think it would be the same everywhere. Lily had her Hib and Meningitis c combined a week after her birthday, and I've to take her back in a month for MMR and pneumococcal. If they're doing them all at the same time in some areas, does that mean 3 injections, and isn't it a lot of vaccines to be giving at the same time?

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, February 18th 2011, 6:41pm

Yes it is a lot! I asked if we could keep with the old regime and split it into 2 sessions. The hv here was happy enough to do that but I think only because we were on the cusp of it changing. I don't know the reason for the change but suspect the main factor could be financial as you the only need one appt instead if two!

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, February 18th 2011, 7:35pm

I was told the reason for it changing was that they were finding it hard to get parents to bring their child in for two appointments and children were missing out on the vaccines so combining it meant that they could better ensure that more children got all of the vaccines.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)