You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Shelley10" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 11:43am

Sleep....

.....And the lack of!!

I am really struggling with sleep at the mo ;( I get up more tired and ratty than when I went to bed.
I bought a wedge pillow but gave up on it as it was so hard, i've now got one pillow to sleep on, one to put behind my back and one in between my legs (Poor DH has hardly any room in bed now!!) but even this doesnt feel comfortable :(

Any advice?

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 1:22pm

Hiya,

I found that a pillow behind my back for support helped. I also had a wedge pillow but it was like yours, concrete!!

Also sleeping on 2 pillows helped to lift me up a bit.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Sunday, January 9th 2011, 1:45pm

Hi Shelley - I spent most of my pregnancy sleeping propped up, with many nights on the sofa bed!

I used two or three pillows to create a wedge for my top half and had a small cushion for between/under my knees. I did have a long beanbag pillow but found it too hot to sleep with. My DH said he got so used to balancing on the edge of the bed he could sleep on a knifes edge :snigger:

On the up side, it really does help prepare you for what's to come biggrin2

Moonshine

• United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 9:48am

Oh god, it's not getting any better ;(

I feel really low and sorry for myself today. My house is a complete mess as DH is doing the electrics and ripping ceilings down. I just keep crying all the time :(

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Monday, January 10th 2011, 9:52am

Aww sorry to hear this hon :(

Things will change throughout your pregnancy, you'll have times where you'll sleep through and times when you won' t be able to get comfy. Just try to rest and relax as much as possible (well, not helpful when your house is in chaos). It won't all be bad I promise :xxx3:

If all else fails, eat chocolate :hugs:

Moonshine

• United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 11:52am

Thanks Moonshine, thats made me smile...... If only I hadnt gone off chocolate! xx

• "Lovely" is 38 years old today

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: 1DD aged 13 1DS aged 2

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:53pm

Sorry you feeling so low. Lack of sleep is making me very tearfull as well. I found having a seperate duvet to dh helped me. I kept loosing pillows in the night waking and having to rearrange myself. But with my own duvet I can tuck it in around me and not have to keep getting up to get sorted. Now if I could just increase the size of my bladder 10x i might sleep through. :D
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
ICSI Sept :BFP: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks :bawl:
ICSI May/June Single ET :BFP:
FET June/July 13 ???

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, January 10th 2011, 1:10pm

The lack of sleep gets worse! And then I imagine we will all look back and think how lucky we were in second trimester with all the sleep we did get once our LO's are here. Get used to it Shelley.

I wonder when you will be able to say something positive about being pregnant.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

• United Kingdom

Monday, January 10th 2011, 8:58pm

Hi Lovely - Hehe! :snigger: I can imagine the trips to the loo gets worse the bigger you get but not long now for you! I bet its getting exciting now! DH is on nights this week so am hoping that i'll get a few more hours! Might make work a bit more bearable!! :D

BG - Have I offended you in some way? I feel like your having a pop at me?!

I wonder when you will be able to say something positive about being pregnant.

Like I said before, I like to use this website to ask advice and air how I feel, good or bad (which I thought everyone did). I'm trying to stay on the cautious side at the moment and probably will be throughout but thats just me. I dont sit around all day thinking negative thoughts about my LO, far from it. I talk to my tummy hoping that I'll be lucky enough to meet him/her in June and will make every effort to be the best mum I can be but reading through people's experiences on here makes you realise that at any moment it could do a 360 turn and thats probably the reason why i'm not jumping around, shouting it from the rooftop and being cautious which is the way I want to be and I'm happy with that.

Anyway, am looking forward to an empty bed tonight and am off to watch One Born Every Minute happydance

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 9:34am

Shelley,
I had sore hips from early on and also SPD and I went along to see the physio for advice.
At the time I also spoke toa few others at similar stages of their pregnancy as me and they were having the problem of falling down the dip in the mattress when DH was in bed too - it even made us laugh that we were so similar at times! :snigger:

Anyway! One thing I was advised to do was get an overlay for the mattress but they were really expensive so instead, I would sleep on top of the duvet and got a spare one out of my cupboard to cover me with.
Along with the pillows and this, this was how I managed to get sleep here and there.

It is hard when you don't get sleep at anytime, let alone in pregnancy. I didn't sleep properly again until my girlie was 3 weeks old and she sleep through the night. I realise I am lucky that I get to sleep at night as many don't - my brother and SIL have twins who are almost 3 and are still up various times a night.

Another factor is that the more you TRY to sleep, the more you can't. It's like when someone tells you not to look at something and you can't help it. The more stressed you feel about it, the worse it can become.
As a hypnotherapist, I often see clients with sleep issues and if you want, you can PM me and I can give you some further advice.

In the meantime, try lying on another duvet as I first mentioned and see how that goes, I'm sure you can feel more comfortable,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 6:00pm

Hi Lisa,

What is SPD?
The dip in the bed - :snigger: Thats how I feel!!
Thank you Lisa, this is really helpful, I'll give it a go and see how I get on.

Sleeping through at 3 weeks is brilliant, what a star your lil girl is!
Very true, I sat watching Jamie Oliver's 30min meal tv programme on sunday and was just drifting off (not saying it was boring!) when DH came in and asked me a Q! Bless him, lol

I will definitely try that, thank you for the tips :)

After watching the best programme ever last night, I listened in to my LO for a couple of mins then tried to drift off (as DH is on nights I had the bed to myself). Although my sleep wasnt allot better, lots of turning and pillow fluffing, I did feel better in the morning so am sorry to say I might have to kick DH out onto the sofa bed every now and again :snigger: not sure he's going to be too impressed but i'm sure he'll understand.

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Tuesday, January 11th 2011, 7:19pm

SPD is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction or as it is known often these days, PJP or PGP - Pelvic Joint/Girdle Pain.
It's basically where all the joints become mobile in pregnancy to grow and make room for your baby to come along.
This mobility happens to everyone but in some people it results in alot of pain.
There are also varying degrees of it too. I was lucky just to have it mild to moderate. Some people end up on bedrest or crutches later on in pregnancy.
Do see how you get on. I was also given a website to use by the physios which have loads of tips on what to do for pelvic discomfort and ways to prevent it worsening,x

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:48am

Have you tried a body pillow, I used it first time and have carried on using it since

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 20th 2011, 3:42pm

I would like to try one Ali Bird but DH doesnt agree with the amount of money they are! ;(

I'm sleeping with a pillow behind my back at the mo and one wrapped round my belly! Am getting slightly more sleep but tbh, i'm getting used to it now so no biggie x

• "Lovely" is 38 years old today

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: 1DD aged 13 1DS aged 2

Thursday, January 20th 2011, 7:15pm

Shelley do you have someone with a betterwear catologe? That where I got my body pillow from and it was only £10 i think. But TBH it wasent for me. Rolling up a spare duvet and wrapping yourself around that is another option. Failling that I find a good :bawl: helps my DH change his mind when it comes to buying things :D xxx
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
ICSI Sept :BFP: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks :bawl:
ICSI May/June Single ET :BFP:
FET June/July 13 ???

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Friday, January 21st 2011, 8:12am

Love your thinking lovely :clap:

I think I got mine from Lidle and it was about £8 but I think it was just one of the one off specials.

I can't believe my hips are starting to ache again already, I hope it doesn't get as uncomfortable as last time but it's not a good sign.

Glad you are managing to get more sleep Shelly

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Ginger74

Superstar

Germany

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Children: It's a girl!

Friday, January 21st 2011, 8:30am

oh I couldn't sleep half of my pregnancy I think:), I was so tired in the end, it was madness, sorry I don't think I can give you any advice really (yea I know, useful post or what? :)) but just wanted to say, you are not alone... I basically tried to sleep when I could, day, late mornings but oh boy, this was hard :) - no sleep.
good luck and I hope you will manage to find your sleep again and very soon....

Feb 09 God's Miracle - Natural BFP.
Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Friday, January 21st 2011, 9:44am

Hi Shelley,

I also had trouble sleeping, especially during the first few weeks. I think it has a lot to do with anxiety and excitement more than anything else! I suppose the further along you get the more pressure there is on your bones etc. I used to put a pillow inbetween my knees/ankles and that seemed to work a little (not great though). I used to have to get up at about 3 am or something anyway to go for a wee which interupted my sleep again.....! I think your hormones must have a lot to do with things too actually.......perhaps you should just get up if you can't sleep, go downstairs and read a book or something to get you off. I did find that sometimes sleeping on the couch worked better for some reason?

Hope you're alright.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE