You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flic

• "Flic" started this thread
  • Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 10:46am

Whole Milk, Formula Advice

Hello,

Ok, so my LO has been constipated for the last few nights. She ends up going about 11pm or 12pm and is really really unsettled until then. Once she's gone she's fine and will settle and go to sleep.

It doesn't help that she's full of cold and got a cough too.

We ran out of gold top SMA and had some red top so gave her some of this and I think that this is what is bunging her up.

So we've moved her onto whole milk as she's one in 12 days (OMG, I'm going to have a 1 year old!!!) and didn't see the point in buying a new tin when she only has about 12oz milk per day to drink.

Well she guzzled a full 6 oz this morning, like no problem!!! I seriously think she prefered it to her formula!!!

Anyway, my question is will this help a bit with her constipation? She drinks lots of water during the day. Sometimes over 10oz. Does anyone have any other advice? I don't like being up at midnight waiting for her to poo because she won't poo in her cot!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Fi'smum

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 14th 2009

Children: 2 dd 1978 ds 1980 And 1 gorgeous granddaughter 2010 and a handsome grandson 2012

Monday, February 14th 2011, 8:20pm

Hi Flic,
Sorry you haven't had any replies yet. Hope O is ok now. Certainly plenty of fluids should help. I know she has a good appetite - has she been eating anything different to her usual? Try to make sure she has fruit/veg with every meal for roughage.
Love, xx

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, February 14th 2011, 8:23pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

She had a massive clearout last night but today she hasn't been so I don't know whats going on. She's not eaten anything different. Still eating lots of fruit and veg and drinking lots of water.

Maybe its just taking the other formula is just taking its time to get out of her system?

Hopefully tomorrow she'll do a huge one and we'll be all back to normal.

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, February 14th 2011, 8:26pm

Some formulas are more 'bunging' than others. It should sort itself out fairly quickly. I moved baby bubs onto whole milk (from breastfeeding) a little while before she was one so don't worry about moving O over to it now. Have a look at Blue's 'preventing constipation' thread for some good ideas on foods to avoid and try if she is a bit constipated.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, February 14th 2011, 8:36pm

I have had a look thanks Bubble!

I do think its a mixture of formula and snot!! She loves beans (even though she eats them one by one!) and they do make her go so tomorrow I'm thinking beans on toast!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE