You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mea

Ace

• "mea" started this thread

Reg: Dec 8th 2008

Children: little boy from our first ICSI

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:06am

Anyone induced with their twins?

Hi multiple mums.
I am due to be induced on the 4th march at 38wk2dys if nothing happens before then and I was just wondering if there were any mums of twins on here that were induced with their little miracles. I have read it can be more painful than going into labour naturally? Would love to hear from anyone that has been through it!

[/table][/col]

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:21am

Hiya

I was induced with my twins (by Syntocinon drip as my waters had broke),It was a quick labour,I only had time for 10-15 minutes gas and air before they realised I was fully dialated. (I was on the drip for 4 hours and nothing happening and then suddenly within minutes I was fully dialated). I don't know if it is more painful as I was induced with my eldest also.That was a quick-ish labour with gas and air.

Good luck,are you having them at the JR?

xxx
[zx076] BEAUTIFUL 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER [zx076]

mea

Ace

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:26am

Hi
Thanks for your reply, yes we wil be at the JR did you have yours there? How far were you with your twins?

[/table][/col]

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:26am

Mea

Me again,I suppose I should say that I guess the labour with the twins was less painful then first time round as it was quicker (first labour was 3.5 hours)did you have a quick labour first time round?

xxx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:28am

Yes,I had mine at the JR.I was 34+6 when my waters broke and 35wks when I had them.The staff were fantastic,but they had a bit of a panic when they realised I was fully dialated as they like to get you into Theatre for the last bit!

xxxx

mea

Ace

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:38am

Hi
My first labour was very long, I tried having him at chipping norton but he got stuck and I was knackered so we ended up in an ambulance to the Horton at Banbury where he was delivered by ventouse by that time I was desperate for an epidural but it was too late so had no pain relief at all.
How are you finding having a toddler and 2 babies? Did you breast feed?

[/table][/col]

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:46am

Hi Mea

I'm in the same boat as you although I'm a week behind you.

When was your most recent scan and how are they doing on their weights? Are they both head down?

Vivvy
Vivvy
Me 37 DH 34 (male factor)
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET

BFP (MED FET 2 x day 6 blasties + aspirin) Baby boy 08/08/09, a big fat 8lbs 9ozs !!!
BFP (Fresh 2 x day 5 blasties + aspirin) but m/c at 6 weeks
BFP (Fresh 2 x day 5 blasties + aspirin) TWINS DUE MARCH 2011

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:52am

I went 11 hours end to end first time round and my waters broke spontaneously at 38 + 1 so I will be surprised if I get as far as that this time since there are 2 in there - but you never know!
Vivvy
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET

BFP (MED FET 2 x day 6 blasties + aspirin) Baby boy 08/08/09, a big fat 8lbs 9ozs !!!

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 8:57am

Hiya

It was hard work having a toddler and 2 newborns but it's fine now,although everyday is an early start and I'm DREADING going back to work.

I didn't Bf,it didn't work out for lots of reasons.I really wanted to.I found it hard work just feeding one baby (my eldest),and in all honesty I don't think I could have managed to Bf 2 and look after a toddler,I'm sure some people can manage tho.

Have you got some help in the early days?

xxxx

mea

Ace

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 9:26am

Hi vivvy
I had a scan on Thursday just gone and they are both head down and lead Tain engaged. Twin 1 is about 4lb13 and twin 2 is about 6lb2. How about you when was your last scan? Have they given you a date to be induced? Do you plan to try greats feeding? I did with ds so thought I would give it a try with the twins.
I went to 40wk 3 dys with my ds, my midwife said she thought I would go into labour naturally with twinsas I did naturally with the first one. I have an appointment with her next week and I am going to ask if she could try a stretch and sweep to get things moving.

Csam
When do you go back to work? What childcare you planning it's so expensive!!
My dh is off work for nearly 4 weeks so he will be around and then my mother in law who is brilliant and I love to bits is just up the road so I am sure she will be around if I need her!

[/table][/col]

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 11:11am

I go back to work in June,DD1 has her 15 hours free childcare and we pay an additional 3 hours.I work 32 hrs which includes evenings and weekends,so my mum is going to have all 3 children and Dh when he's off (he does some evening and weekend working,not as much as me).We both leave early,and I don't know how it's all going to work out but we just have to make it work.I guess it'll be a difficult couple of years until the twins start nursery/DD1 starts school etc. X( to having to go to work X(

Your MIL sounds great,take all the help you can.My mum is great but I would sometimes like to have a few hours to do things I'd like to do,rather than need to do,and don't like to ask as she does enough as it is and obv is helping loads when I go back to work.

Good luck,I look forward to hearing your news.I hope the JR look after you well.The delivery suite were fab,but I found the staff on the maternity ward so busy,and therefore couldn't give me any help,but you will be fine.I'm so glad I had a natural delivery,I honestly had no pain after the birth and felt really well (apart from being sleep deprived!).

xxx

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 12:01pm

Hi Mea, I am due to get induced this Monday, as even after a sweep last Monday my twins still aren't for shifting!

I'll let you know how I get on if youve not already gone naturally before I get out of hospital!

Both my twins are head down and I will be 38weeks and 4 days on Monday. They are just too comfy I think :) xxx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

mea

Ace

Saturday, February 19th 2011, 11:26pm

Hi wee yin
Good luck for Monday, if you get chance to post would love to hear about your labour and your twins.
Are you getting nervous? How has your pregnancy been?

[/table][/col]

Sunday, February 20th 2011, 6:20pm

My last scan was at 32 weeks 6 days and twin 1 was 3lb 11ozs and twin 2 was 4lbs 7 ozs – both head down. I have my next scan on Tuesday when I will be 35 weeks 6 days so I will speak to my con then about next steps. At the last scan/clinic he said if I get to 37 weeks we will need to plan an induction so I guess we’ll make a plan at Tuesday’s clinic in case they don’t make an appearance within the next 7 days or so. I am the same as you Mea, surprised I haven’t gone into labour naturally already what with my first arriving under his own steam at 38 weeks. I would prefer not to have an induction but needs must I suppose.

I won’t be breast feeding as what with working full time running my/our own business plus having an 18 month old to look after aswell, I simply don’t have the capacity to do all the feeds on my own aswell as everything else.

Good luck for tomorrow Wee Yin !
Vivvy
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET

mea

Ace

Monday, February 21st 2011, 8:02am

Vivvy
The weights of your twins at 32 weeks are literally identical to mine just out by an oz.
Make sure you let me know how you get on at your scan tomorrow. I thought mine were coming last night had period pains and loads of braxton hicks but then nothing!!!!!! I have been for for forcing myself to walk around lots hoping gravity will do it's part!

[/table][/col]

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Monday, February 21st 2011, 9:14pm

Hi mea

I was induced at 38+4 with my twins, but my experience was a long drawn out one... I really hope you don't have to go through what I did!

I had the gel and about an hour or so later, my contractions started about an hour apart. Then a few hours later, my waters broke during a toilet trip and they went to about 5 mins apart straight away. Even though I was in agony, I wasn't dilated enough though, so they put the epidural in and I was left to continue labour through the night. When I got to 23 hours, they started getting worried, so asked me to try pushing, but son's head was nowhere to be seen. After a lot of head scratching and confusion, the doctor had to call the consultant out late on the Saturday evening and I was rushed into theatre for an emergency c-section. Turns out that the two babies were tangled up, so there was no way that I could have had a vaginal birth, but they didn't realise that until they opened me up. As a result, they both dropped out within 30 seconds of each other, but I was delusional by that point, so I didn't get to see them until I was back in the room after being stitched up for another 90 minutes!!

Not fun, but when I see my babies, it makes it all better.

Good luck....
:)
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

mea

Ace

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 8:08am

Hi
Thank you for telling me about your experience, it's good to hear the good and the hard ones so I am prepared. Glad that you and your twins are all ok. Getting really excited about meeting mine now, however they decide to arrive!

[/table][/col]

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 6:52pm

Had scan and clinic today which is 35 + 6, the girls weighed in at 4.10lbs and 5.9lbs. Induction booked in for a week on Friday which will be 37 + 2 - unless they decide to make an appearance before then!
Vivvy
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET

mea

Ace

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 9:49pm

Hi vivvy
That's the same day that I am booked in to be induced.
I saw the midwife today and she doesn't think I will make it that far, she did an internal exam and could feel the lead twins head Also I am 75% effaced and 3cm dilated. I currently have really bad backache so hoping that something is going to happen over the next couple of days.
How are you feeling? Do you get many braxton hicks?

[/table][/col]

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 10:10pm

Hi Mea

Sounds like something is happening in there! I'm feeling ok, just very uncomfortable due to my shape.

I left the hospital quite excited to have a date to work to, but then the prospect of an induction is not very appealing. But I am mindful that if they can stay put for another 10 days then that will be better for them than coming out now.... With a bit of luck I will go into labour on my own at 37 + 1 !!!
Vivvy
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:29am

Hi Mea and other twin mamas to be!

I was induced at 38+4. Both twins were head down.

In short :rolleyes: it didn't work. I had the gel and reacted badly to it. Just swelled up basically! Absolute agony but pretty unusual i think. They did try a second dose but were not very hopeful. It's all a bit vague now but I think DS's head was not helping them being able to reach my cervix to administer it properly so it wasn't able to do the job it was supposed to.

They were only ever going to give me two lots of gel because of it being twins. I think this is pretty normal. I had my first lot at 8am on the Thursday and second in the afternoon and was strapped up to the machine all the time ( I had a walk at lunchtime to the cafe). I had tightenings at best but was just in a heck of a lot of discomfort from the bad reaction to the gel.

In the night I had two lots of diamorphine for the pain and was extremely sick too. By 8am on the Friday, my consultant said "you're in for a section young lady!" I didn't argue :snigger: The babies were fine throughout all this but I did get badly dehydrated, mainly because of being sick but obviously from 8am i was nil by mouth too so I had a drip early on the Friday which was fine.

My waters did break at about 3pm i think so i had another internal but nothing was happening so they stuck to the section plans.

It was totally my wish to be induced and I would do it again just to try for a natural birth but there was a part of me on that Friday, lying there totally knackered from the experience, that wished I'd just gone in on the Thursday and had a section straight away!!

I'm sure the fact that you and some of the other mums on this thread have had babies before will influence how your bodies prepare for giving birth to two and as they have done it before, you'll hopefully have an easier time of it.

Best of luck to all of you and looking forward to hearing of your babies' arrivals!

x

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

mea

Ace

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 1:09pm

Just a quickie will post full story when home. I went into labour early hours Thursday morning and twins born by natural delivery at 9.05 little Sam weighing 5lb 11 then at 9.37 Emily weighing 5lb 13.

[/table][/col]

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 4:35pm

Congratulations Mea!

Lovely names and great weights for your twinnies,I had about the same time gap between my twinnies.

can't wait to hear the full story.

take care

xxxxx

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 5:46pm

Well done Mea. Really pleased to hear they arrived safely and that you were not induced! Keep well and fill us in with the details when you're home.

x
Vivvy
4 x ICSI + 3 x MED FET