You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

julies

• "julies" started this thread

Reg: Mar 23rd 2009

Children: One little boy, born 13th April 2010,m

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 6:44pm

Crying whilst getting PJs on before bedtime

Hiya,

I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything similar to what my little boy is going through. He is a gorgeous 10 month old, very content, sleeps and eats well. He loves his bath time but after bath when we get him dressed for bed he whines and cries - not real tears. The routine is bath, PJs, milk then bed. Once he has his milk he is fine and then goes to sleep. It's just the bit after bath whilst dressing that he makes so much unhappy noise. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing?

Any tips? I wonder if maybe he just hates getting dressed after we have undressed him for his bath, although getting dressed in the morning is fine. He makes the same noise whether it DH or myself dressing him. Should we allow more time before getting him dressed. He spends about 15 mins in the bath.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Julie x

1st IVF :BFP: little boy
2nd IVF :BFN:
1st FET :BFN:
2nd FET Aug 13 :BFP:

Reg: Oct 31st 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous son conceived naturally

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 6:52pm

Hi Julie,

My little boy was exactly the same at that age... he hated being dressed and undressed. Perhaps warm the towel first? that worked with my son, with him it was a delaying tactic to cry as he wanted to stay up longer with us!
it may go on for a few weeks though before it gets better.
Hope it gets better soon.
x

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 6:57pm

I remember my son would get a bit upset, when we put his grobag on. I think it was because he knew it was milk and bed next, and he was tired, and ready for the milk! My daughter is quite eager for her bedtime milk, and can get a bit unhappy just beforehand, and I think that maybe it can be a sign of being ready for going to bed? x

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 6:59pm

M does this sometimes. firstly she loves her bath so hates coming out. secondly she is usually tired and wanting her milk so a bit fractious. Try giving a bath slightly earlier and having a bit of play or sing a long to a nursery rhyme cd whilst putting pjs on x

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 7:14pm

Hi, J does this as well, with him it's because he's having such a good time with his bath and then later taking the bathroom to pieces once he's out that he doesn't want it to end and putting on his pjs is a signal to him that his playtime is going to end. I try to make a game out of it and sing him silly songs while I wrestle him into his pjs and sleeping bag and I always make sure he has some sort of toy to play with while I do it.

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 8:23pm

Hi Julie

Bringing it forward as Jen suggested might well help. We had a similar thing and can't speed through the milk, story and bed bit because my DD has long hair which needs combing and drying before bed. On the nights we do a bath we now do it about an hour before she actually goes to bed and then she isn't so tired at the end of it and we can still fit everything else in.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

julies

• "julies" started this thread

Reg: Mar 23rd 2009

Children: One little boy, born 13th April 2010,m

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 6:46pm

Thank you so much for your replies. There are a few suggestions we can try. Will give them a go tomorrow as we've just done PJs and had quite a time. DH is giving him milk now so all quiet. Thanks again xx

1st IVF :BFP: little boy
2nd IVF :BFN:
1st FET :BFN:
2nd FET Aug 13 :BFP: