You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Blue

• "Blue" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, March 21st 2011, 10:23am

Has anyone turned their back garden into a playground?!

Hi all,
I am daydreaming about turning our back garden into a playground!
(And also daydreaming about not having to cut the grass :snigger: )
Has anyone put down a safe surface in their gardens? I'm just learning about this, but there seems to be mulch, rubber mulch, poured rubber, and tiles...
I'm looking for something really cheap, with zero maintenance, and will protect very precious little heads if the girls fall.
Thank you everyone,
Blue
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, March 21st 2011, 2:47pm

Hiya Blue,
We are planning something along those lines, a fenced off lawn with a gate so we can light the barbeque and the littlies can't get near it. In one corner we are going to have a big square of bark chippings with a weed suppressing membrane underneath to stop the pesky dandelions from poking through, then we are going to plonk a climbing frame on top. I had visions of a beautiful wooden construction with a slide and a swing but what I think we will end up with is a plastic Little Tikes thingummy that is lightweight enough to move house with us if we decide we want to. Also I am less and less in favour of swings, they need to be pushed and mummy has other things to do (for example sitting on the patio with a glass of wine). I am not digging up the lawn, I like the look of grass and I like it for putting the paddling pool on, but bark chippings would do the trick for that too so long as its a decent paddling pool with a good thick base. My husband can mow the lawn with only a little bit of nagging!

How times have changed, I fell off the monkey bars at our local playground when I was little and there was no rubberised tarmac back in the 70s, I whacked my noggin straight on to the hard concrete. I can almost still feel the pain now!

Reg: Mar 28th 2009

Children: 2 boys

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 8:32pm

we got a slide + lil tikes cube o the lawn. soft enough without going OTT :)
my main concerns is the grantite wall in the garden its a foot high this side but 3ft the other and bubs being the adventurous sort i can see him climbing/falling over it!

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 10:14pm

Hiya

My friends have done this kind of thing and used bark like stuff for the floor and its really sharp to walk on in bare feet, it really hurt my feet and they were disappointed in it. I'm not sure whether you plan to let your kids on there in bare feet but if so be careful what you choose because this stuff was really painful.

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Blue

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 8:26am

Mrs J - we are going down the brightly coloured plastic Little Tikes route! I'm surprised at how expensive it all is though, I'll be getting it second hand. For the wood chippings, have you seen the rubber mulch? I think its meant to be more shock-absorbing (so the pool its in doesn't have to be so deep), you need to replace it less often, and it comes in all colours. Or that's what I've found out from Googling, I have no experience of it. Oh, and its meant to be "green" too as it comes from old car tyres.

Poppit - I know what you meant about going OTT! Hope your adventurous little one stays safe :)

Lala - that is good to know, thank you. I don't think I can afford the bark thing because you have to prepare for it. I was thinking of some kind of rubber matting that will look absolutely naff, but easy to lay down and hopefully offer some protection (although I can't see how from the ones I've looked at).

Thanks all!
blowkiss

My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Blue" (Mar 23rd 2011, 8:27am)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 9:34am

Blue, it all sounds very exciting. Can you please arrange for some nice summer weather too?

Blue

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 9:48am

Consider it done!
:snigger:

My Diary

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 1:46pm

Hi all,

Is that not what husbands are for?!?

Can't help I'm afraid as we have grass and a large patio and are sticking with that. We also have a slide, a little tikes jungle climber, a trampoline, a swing, various ride ons, paddling pool, ball pool, tunnels, tents etc. Oh and some plants and trees amongst all that somewhere :snigger:

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 8:11am

Hi all,

Is that not what husbands are for?!?

Ha ha ha. You're funny!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE