You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tessalina" started this thread

Reg: Nov 9th 2009

Children: Eibhlin born 20th Feb 2011

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 10:42am

6 week old not taking milk

Hi,

I have a little concern with my LO's feeding. She is 6 weeks old on Sunday. She was taking between 120 - 150 ml every 4-5 hours for the last week or two. Was starting to notice a good pattern with her feeds which were 9am, 2pm, 6pm, 10.30pm, then anytime between 2.30 - 4am then back to 8am - 9am. She was occasionally not taking her full 120 - 150 during her 3am feed, maybe only taking 70ml.

The last couple of nights she has only taken 70ml at 10pm feed and about 50ml at 3am feed. But yesterday morning she happily took her full 150ml. However this morning she has only taken 70ml again which is worrying me as she only took 50ml at 3am. I let her sleep for an hour and tried her on some more but she took 10ml then keeps pushing teet out of her mouth.

She seems fine in herself... no temperature etc.

Any advice?

:xxx3: :xxx3:

Me 30 DH 35 -TTC 5 Years
1st ever Natural :BFP: May 09 - Ectopic - Tube Removal
1st IVF Jan 10 :BFN:
2nd IVF May 10 :BFP:

MY DIARY

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 12:49pm

Hello,

If she is having plenty of wet and dirty nappies and is fine in herself I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. I would just go with what she wants.

Is she sleeping fine? Is she waking up and wanting a feed?

If you are worried though you should speak to your HV.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Thursday, March 31st 2011, 9:34pm

Hi Tessalina,

I'd agree with Flic and not worry too much at the moment, especially if she seems well in herself. they do tend to take what they need when they need it! Mine were real grazers and would feed very little but very often (every 2.5-3hrs!). It sounds like you have a really good feeding pattern established there!

Perhaps speak to your HV about it though - keep an eye on her weight gain and sleep patterns and if she's doing well and thriving you'll soon see within in a few weeks and you'll have peace of mind.

:xxx3:

Moonshine

• "Tessalina" started this thread

Reg: Nov 9th 2009

Children: Eibhlin born 20th Feb 2011

Friday, April 1st 2011, 12:14pm

Thanks ladies

After the initial worry LO was back to feeding normally for her last few feeds.

:xxx3: :xxx3:

Me 30 DH 35 -TTC 5 Years
1st ever Natural :BFP: May 09 - Ectopic - Tube Removal
1st IVF Jan 10 :BFN:
2nd IVF May 10 :BFP:

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE