You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Duffymoon

Megastar

• "Duffymoon" started this thread

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 1:31pm

Documentary "Meet the multiples" on tonight @ 9pm BBC3

Meet the multiples on BBC3, 26 April @ 9pm

Quoted

Bringing up one baby is a great experience for many parents, but it can also be stressful and overwhelming. There's the through-the-night feeds, nappy changing, tantrums, not to mention the cost. One baby can set mum and dad back an average of 10,000 pounds in the first year. Now imagine that multiplied when you're bringing up twins, triplets, quadruplets and more. It's happening more and more in Britain, with a large increase in the number of multiples born in the last ten years.

In this eye opening programme, we are on the frontline of parenthood and meet the parents bringing up multiples. We meet young parents to triplets and see their first few weeks as they bring their babies home. We then fast forward to meet other parents further down the line - nine-months triplets, 21-month quadruplets and 5-year-old triplets and twins - to find out what it's really like to raise a big brood. Strict regimes, juggernaut babies, choruses of tantrums - this is parenting at its most extreme.

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Tuesday, April 26th 2011, 2:01pm

Thank you, just set to record, may be interesting viewing x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Reg: May 9th 2009

Thursday, April 28th 2011, 7:56pm

This programme made me laugh and it also made me feel so much better. A few months back if I'd seen that mum giving her five year old a dummy and her kids plates of chips I might have been a bit judgemental. AFter coping with two for the last 14 weeks I now think that woman is a Saint.
Me: 37 Him: 42
Unexplained
IVF May 2010
:BFP: 10th June.
[zx076] [zx076]

my diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Friday, April 29th 2011, 7:21pm

I am very very grateful to have my gorgeous twins, i have always said i would love to have another set one day, however not sure i would cope as well as those ladies, very entertaining and enjoyable programme x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Friday, April 29th 2011, 7:57pm

I loved the programme and made me laugh so much, It has most certainly not put me off the idea of having twins etc in fact I think that they coped amazingly well and loved the family of quadruplets and also the family with twins then triplets they really shone in the programme and were fantastic parents. I loved he little boy who was saying "we are tricklets.....no we are tricklets.......end of" and also the little girl quadruplet that kept wandering away, so real life, me and DB were in fits x I understand how much work multiples would be but how amazing too x

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Friday, April 29th 2011, 8:32pm

DH and I have just watched this on iplayer...I am NEVER going to complain that my two are hard work again :snigger:

Seriously, I just don't know how they did it. I thought they were amazing!

Not tempted in any way to extend our family though. 2 babies and a cat are plenty enough!!

Moonshine

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 11:49am

I saw some of it as stumbled upon it by chance, I was totally hooked though! I have no idea how they coped with that many kids at one time, amazing!

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful