You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sa-Leanne" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 6:37pm

Toddler Books for Grown ups??

Hello am going on holiday next week and fancied taking some books with me. I have been told of a book called toddler taming which i am going to take with me.
We are fast approaching terrible twos and i would like to be as prepared as i can ( yeah right i hear the mummys cry who have been there and done it alreday)
Was thinking of popping along to my local library on monday but wondered if anyone has any reccommendations of toddler books for mummy? Can be serious of light hearted, twin specific or not??
Thank you in advance for any suggestions xx : D
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 7:45pm

Hi

I tend to just dip in and out of 'parenting' books but the toddler taming one is quite good so you should find that useful. I've also just got the latest Supernanny one from the library which has some interesting bits in it. I'm not a fan of the naughty step method but some of the other things in there are ok. How about some books on potty training as you'll have to think about that in the coming year? Gina Ford has one about potty training in a week. There's another one which I keep on meaning to ask our library to get in for me called How to Talk so Kids Will Listen, and Listen so Kids Will Talk - looks interesting too.

Hope that helps a little.

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• United Kingdom

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 7:59pm

Yes Bubble it has helped a great deal, thank you, will see what my library has, thanks, so much to learn lol x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 11:16pm

We have Supernanny which I have dipped into and tended generally to agree with the philosophy of, sorry for poor grammar and spelling, I have had wine! I borrowed Steve Biddulph's The Secret of Happy Children which I also found good. These things are good to read but they are no substitute for your instincts as a mother, and from your posts on here, I think you have great instincts and your children are lucky to have a mum like you. By all means read a bit about toddler behaviour, but don't get too hung up on what the 'experts' say, you know your own kids best, trust yourself, you'll get it right as often as you need to.

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 10:41am

I totally got the wrong end of your question there Sa-Leanne...I was going to recommend The Gruffalo, keeps me entertained for hours rotf

Then I realised you meant THAT kind of toddler book :snigger: Sorry, can't be of any help on the serious vareity!!

:xxx3:

Moonshine

• United Kingdom

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 6:57pm

mrsjasper - your post made me cry, i am trying to be the best mummy i can be, i will look up those books you suggested. Just thought i would see if i can get some ideas of what is upcoming as we hit the ''terrible twos'' in just 4 weeks, (although i reakon we have been in the ''terrible twos'' for a while now). Just need to know really hiw to get them to listen to the word 'no' and not throw their food on the floor when they have finished - just would like them to say 'mummy i have finished' lol, these little people are sent to test us bless them.

lol moonshine thats funny, i have never read the gruffalo, i may well have a look lol x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 9:01pm

The food throwing used to infuriate me too. We somehow managed to get DD to learn to pass us her bowl/plate when she has had enough. I think we just repeated it so often it's become a habit. Works well unless you have a full table with glasses, vases, wine bottles etc!

• United Kingdom

Sunday, May 8th 2011, 11:14pm

I rememebr writing on someones post not too long ago about food throwing, not sure whos it was but will look it up and see what advice their was on there also xx
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, May 9th 2011, 8:11am

Just need to know really how to get them to listen to the word 'no'

Well, if it helps, my husband is 38 and he has yet to learn to do as he's told!

• United Kingdom

Monday, May 9th 2011, 6:41pm

mrs jasper :snigger: thats why me and DF are not getting married EVER, he doesn't listen to me either lol
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx