You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrswifey

• "mrswifey" started this thread

Reg: May 31st 2011

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 10:57am

IUI @ GRI

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site, have loads of questions & hope someone can help. Here goes, hubby & I have been trying to conceive for 18mths, went to see gp in march as hubby had nhl @19 and treatment was chemo & radio so we always thought we might have issues, hubby's sa showed he had reasonable count (13 million) but motility @ 27%, I saw my gynaecologist & had lap & dye, no problems found, however because of hubby's motility rate we need iui. The consultant has since referred us to gri (although i go back & see him in 9 wks) what i would like to know is how long everyone waited for 1st appt etc. Does the first appt count towards being on the list for treatment. I have loads of questions whirring round my head but don't want to witter on haha. xx

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 4:01pm

hi mrswifey
i have the same problem i had a brain tumour when i was younger so i dnt ovulate due to this so me and my partner going through iui at gri aswell we been going there for 5yrs now lol hope to start iui in nxt few months we had all tests carried out :) i waited about 6months for my 1st app at gri then you wait wot feels like 4ever 4 all of your tests to be carried out gud luck if u need anymre info am here if u need me xxxxx

[zx127] fairydust :cuddle

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 4:08pm

I cannot comment on IUI as I had ICSI at GRI but I would believe similar would apply in that you join the waiting list from date first referred. Also it varies from health board to health board with regard to waiting times. I'm not sure but I think IUI is a shorter wait than IVF/ICSI. The latter is something you need to check out and I'm sure someone will be along to help you with this soon. Come join us on GRI thread, we are a nice friendly bunch.

Hopefully you won't have too long a wait and I wish you all the best with your treatment,xxxx

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

mrswifey

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 4:32pm

hey girls, thanks so much for the replies, god you must feel like you live there fairy, so is this your 1st go then? fingers crossed for you, thanks angels, that's what i thought myself but wasn't sure, i hope i don't have to wait long either although if there's a chance i'll get a wee bubba at the end of it then i don't mind lol,

Thanks I think I will pop on to gri thread xxx

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 4:40pm

Hi Mrs Wifey

As u can see from my signiture I had my first IUI at the GRI in Feb and got a BFP.

I was classed under the Glasgow postcode at the waiting list then was 16 months from the date u r GP referred you for tests. When u reach the top you get a letter in to come in for a consultation within 4 weeks then hopefully start IUI the following month if there is space. I hope that helps ask away anymore questions.
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

mrswifey

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 4:50pm

Hi Ailly,

fingers crossed I will too or a natural miracle will happen before then, well my gp only referred me to local hospital in march & was seen there 3 wks ago & had lap & dye last wk, while i was there last wk the consultant told me he had referred me to Dr Lyall. So I'm assuming then from that this this will be the start of my wait, I'm not sure if they will use the sperm my hubby had frozen but i think my consultant told me that they wouldn't need to, not sure though,

congratulations on your bfp xx

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 6:37pm

hey yes this is my 1st time i had 2 lose some weight to start my treatment :sadface: but am hoping it will work 1st time xfingers am a bit scared am only 27 its dr lyall that i see at hosp aswell shes really nice althou u do wait a bit 4 appointments as they are so busy gud luck wiv ur treatment i think iui wait is only 2yrs as far as iam aware xxxxx where isd the gri thread? xxxxxxxx

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 6:41pm

Hi ladies and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section
HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread
HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread
HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread
HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

There is an IUI/DI section
HERE and the IUI CHATTER is HERE so you can chat to other going through IUI.

There is a cycle buddies section
HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section
HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section
HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 6:51pm

thanx that was very helpful althou the gri thread nobody spoke on it since last year ::P this site has given me alot of info and made me realise am not the only 1 fgeeling the way that i do

:snigger:

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Tuesday, May 31st 2011, 7:15pm

Apologies, the current IUI chat thread is

IUI Chat 2011

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE