You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "hopeful h" started this thread

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 9:08am

Drinking water

Hi all, yet again after any advice. My lo will not drink water for me either through a bottle or a sippy cup. As i BF this was not an issue but since going on to solids and formula in the last few weeks I would like him to be able to have a drink of water. We were in portugal recently and it was very hot and the only way i could get fluids other than milk down him was by diluting apple juice with water. I don't want to encourage him having sweet drinks like this so any tips gratefully received.

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 9:11am

The only tip I can give is perseverance.

My LO didn't start drinking water properly until about 7 or 8 months and even then was sips of water. Now she will guzzle it down but I think it is perseverance. I didn't want to give juice either and so I put my foot down and kept offering it throughout the day in a cup.

Not great advice I know but this is the only way I got my LO to drink water.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 9:41am

Keep giving water and apple juice and make it more and more dilute every time until its just water? I find my two will drink out of a sports bottle if they see me doing the same. DH and I regularly 'discuss' the fact that he doesn't drink water, he drinks cordial and poisonous lucozade so why should they? I try and make sure they see me drinking plenty of water. And perseverance as Flic says. Also, don't worry too much, a bit of juice with a meal and a good scrub of the teeth twice a day is ok in the grand scheme of things.

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 9:48am

Oooh, yes, let him see you drinking. At one point I filled a water bottle up and drank from it and she would want some so I got a bit of water in that way too!

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 11:52am

have you tried something like a small beaker or a doidy cup (slanted cup)? the novelty of that as opposed to a sippy cup or bottle might be enough to encourage him with the water. Obviously a lot will go everywhere at his age but might be worth a try. I wouldn;t worry too much. What they do at this age is often no indication of what they will be doing in 2 months' time.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

• "hopeful h" started this thread

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 9:49pm

Thanks all, Flic I think you're right, perseverence is the way to go, although tonight I was drinking water from a sports bottle and lo and behold DS starts leaning towards it and opening his mouth. He did take some from it, screwed up his face like Les Dawson and promptly spat it all over me :snigger:

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, June 2nd 2011, 9:57pm

rotf

The thing I think we forget is that it's completely new. A new taste, a new feel in their mouths, a different temperature.

They do make me laugh the way they want everything you have!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE