You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rockchick" started this thread

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Monday, June 27th 2011, 8:43pm

11 month old biting :-(

My DS has recently started biting me whilst breastfeeding, sometimes it's just a quick nip and other times he goes back for another try!! ;(
When he bites me I tend to shout out (as it hurts quite a bit) and he looks at me in suprise so I'm not entirely sure he is doing it on purpose ?(
The last couple of days he has started trying to bite my face, neck, arms, anywhere he can really. I have tried moving him away and telling him not to bite because it hurts mummy but it doesn't work. Is this a phase he is going through or is there maybe another reason? I don't want it to get out of control or for him to start biting other children.
Has anyone else had a similar problem and what did you do?
[zx050]

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, June 27th 2011, 8:49pm

We have had the same problem, although I am no longer BF so only get bitten on other parts of my body! I have put it down to a combination of teething and frustration when he gets tired. I tend to just quickly say no and then move on. We have just gone through a hair pulling stage and the more I reacted the more he did it, even laughing sometimes!!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

• "rockchick" started this thread

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Monday, June 27th 2011, 9:03pm

Hi Jasper!! How are you?
They are little monkey's aren't they!!!
We have the hair pulling too, sometimes he removes a huge clump of my hair that I wonder if I will have a bald patch! :8o:

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Monday, June 27th 2011, 9:22pm

Kj went through the same phase and it really is just riding it out and explaining that its not good behaviour.

Kj did it a lot when he got too excited. He did eventually stop of his own accord.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 12:40pm

Hiya

George did this too, as gemmab says we had to just ride it our and keep calmly saying no thats not nice, mummy doesnt like it. He doesnt bite now and even at nursery hes been bitten a few times but never retaliated. He does still bite his own hand when excited though! x