You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JVA

Ace

• "JVA" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Friday, July 8th 2011, 10:01pm

Rash around mouth? Any advice on possible allergies/intolerance?

Hi, I was after some advice/ideas on what could be causing a rash DS has around his mouth.

DS has just turned 1 and from birth had possible protein intolerance to cows milk so was on Neocate formula until weaning at 6mths when we moved him onto Aptamil and all was ok. He's been fine with cows milk in cooking and yogs n cheese.

Over last few wks and in particular this last wk he's had a rash around his mouth n chin and few red marks on cheek and around his eyes. My sister-in-law said strawberries can cause a reaction like it and I must admit he's been eating a few lately. However his rash looks worse today especially with a few marks around his eye. Over the last month I've started giving him weetabix every other morn with cows milk whereas before I'd just given him baby cereal or porridge where u just add water. Also last week I moved him onto cows milk for milk feeds to stop formula.

He has mild ezscema on foot and tummy which started after coming off neocate but it's not too bad.

I wondered whether anybody has experienced anything similar with their LO's??

Thanks so much

My plan is to lay off strawberries, go bak to baby porridge next few days n c wot happens. May also see if we can get referral to dietician.
Jessica

JVA

Ace

• "JVA" started this thread

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: Gorgeous little boy Henry

Friday, July 8th 2011, 10:04pm

Wasn't sure whether it could be teething either but hes never had it before when teething
Jessica

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, July 8th 2011, 11:15pm

My LO often has a rash round her mouth due to sucking her fingers. I think it's caused by the spit and irritation.

What is the rash like? The one O gets is like little raised spots. If she has a reaction to something the rash that comes out is under her skin rather than on top like the one round her mouth.

If he already has eczema it could also be that. My brother used to get it round his mouth and it used to flare up when he was teething for some reason.

I'd go to the doc and get it checked out chick.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Saturday, July 9th 2011, 7:55pm

I was going to say that B also gets rash around mouth mainly under chin especially when teething, but mainly due to all the spit and dribble he has and the amount of time he spends with hands, fingers in mouth etc…

Could you just pop to the doctors and ask them to have a look, they should be able to tell you if its a reaction i would think. I remember my friend's little bot who had an intoelrance to egg, when he kissed his dad after eating egg and his face suddenly appeared in lots of red bumps around his mouth…hives i think they call it…so they are less of little spots, but mpre bumps, i guess like Flic said….but if you are at all worried i would definitely just get an emergency apt at docs to put your mind at rest.

blowkiss

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE