You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 9:01pm

laws on getting your job back after maternity?

DP is desperate to start TTC again...but im just not ready. I've put him off until January and im excited to try for another baby but i think the thing thats putting me off is work.

Just a bit of background - i worked in a customer service role before having L and it was okay but I didnt enjoy it too much. I then moved into the web team which i loved and then went away on maternity. When I came back that dept had been gotten rid of so i was back in customer services until another job came up. Im the only person who does my new (ish) role and i love it - it's my own little job and because theres just me i get to make all of the decisions while not having the responsibility of being anyones boss. I am scared that if i leave again i wont get this job back. I know by law if the jobs still there i should get it back as ive signed a contract but can they just put me back in my old department? It is a very big company so im sure they have to follow the rules quite strictly. Can anyone advise?
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 9:13pm

Hiya Jen,

They need to get someone to cover your job but you will get your job back unless its been made redundant. Has you new job been put onto a new contract? Allthough when I spoken to Hr about this before they said that after a yr the job is assumed as yours. x

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 9:49pm

hi :) yes the new job is in the contract. Im just concerned that I only work 3 days and they might say they need someone full time for it now as it has been getting much busier. Im sure im just panicing over nothing because they are happy with my work but im just worried that my cover person might try to keep the job.

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Thursday, July 14th 2011, 9:54pm

I worried about thatoot but they cant do that no matter how much they may want to, its illegal and as theyre a big organisation theyd be pretty clued up on employment law I should imagine. Also if its down as 3 days in your contract thats what it is. These jobs are worrying!! x

Friday, July 15th 2011, 11:15am

cheers Gem - im such a worrier. DP thinks im so silly for letting it have an influence on when to have our next baby. Hopefully come january i'll feel alot better x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE