You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cakeface

• "Cakeface" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 12:42pm

BFP then bfn st marys

After fet at st marys I had a BFP 17 days post 3 day embryo transfer. After 1 failed ivf and 3 years TTC we were ecstatic! Today I had the urge to pee on a stick again (5 days after BFP) just to make sure as the positive pregnancy test is the only 1 I've ever seen. To my horror it said not pregnant it was a digital test. So to make sure I did a second test which said not pregnant too. I called st marys to tell them what had happened as I was booked in for a scan in 3 weeks. To my utter shock I was questioned as to why I would be "so stupid" to test again after getting an initial positive test result. At this point I began to cry and had to hand the phone to my husband who was quizzed as to why I would do this. My husband was told that the dept at st marys had never heard of this happening before. Women getting a BFP then testing again! I was told to attend the emu (early preg unit).
When we arrived at reception at epu we were asked by a really loud young guy why we were here. Told them that st marys had sent us as I'd. Had a BFP and now it said bfn. He looked really confused and said really loudly... So you haven't even got a positive pregnancy test and sniggered at us. I repeated that I had had a positive preg test and now it was negative. He said I don't really no what to do with this and shouted across the reception to his collegue. This woman's got a negative pregnancy test, bearing in mind there were about 20 people in the waiting room and it was silent. She shouted back are you bleeding cos if your not there's nothing we can do negative is negative. It would be a different story if you had a positive. I explained again the situation and that ivf unit had sent us. The woman at reception said we can't help you. Go to your doctors instead, sorry about. Your bad news. I left in tears.
My husband then called ivf unit back to ask why we had been sent there and they suggested we go straight there and they do our bloods, but were quick to remind us that they shouldn't have to do this for us and stretch funds I should have just not tested again and waited for our 7 week scan.
Now I'm awaiting bod results. I no it's negative but how hellish can a day be and how badly can you be treated!!!!!!

Demi

Star

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: Approved to adopt January 2012

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 2:25pm

I'm so sorry that you're being put through this Cakeface. I had a terrible experience with SMs and can even hazard a guess at which nurse you spoke to - she has the senstivity of a wasp!!!! I can't offer any advice, but I can assure you that you're NOT the first lady to test again after a BFP only to get a negative, and you won't be the last. As for the muppet at EPU..............I can't actually say what I'm thinking or what I'd have done if he'd treated me like that!! My thoughts are with you, and I pray that your hcg levels are rising and that you are indeed pregnant. Keep strong.

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 2:31pm

OMG - am so sorry you have been treated so badly, that is awful!!!! and also, have they not heard of chemical pregnancies? can't believe they were making you feel so bad, and i would put money on the fact that everyone doing IVF tests more than once

am also really sorry for your news, sending you a hug

xxx
Anna
2nd ICIS Jan 2011 :BFP:

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 3:51pm

I'm so sorry to read how badly you've been treated, i was horrified by the bloke in the EPU. I'd get my DH to officially complain. How can these people be so bloody insensitive. Just the nature of the EPU should mean staff are discreet and sensitive with each and every person who walks through their doors.

So sorry you are going through this. Do you think there is any hope the BFN is false?? I wish you all the very best hun. [zx127]

xxx

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 4:17pm

hi sorry to hear this but did you test with digital 5 days ago ,digital test can take a bit higher hormone to show bfp.
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: Two little twinnies on the way!

What's Up?
Can't wait to get my boys home x

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 4:24pm

I cant believe how horrible some people are!!!

As far as im aware the digital tests arent as sensitive as other tests. I really hope that is the case hun, and that levels are rising.

when you feel a little better id make a complaint about the nurse. How can she even be considered for that job with that attitude!!! ? Its beyond me.

I REALLY REALLY hope it works out for u hun xxx
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Cakeface

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 4:44pm

Can you believe it after waiting all day for results I have just had to call st marys to ask for my result as they told me they would call before 3pm.... 2 hrs ago!!!!
It's a big bfn

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 4:55pm

Cakeface I am so so very sorry [zx127]
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 5:11pm

So sorry. [zx127] xxx

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 8:03pm

So sorry your going through this Hun and the terrible way you have been treated at SM!!!! Xxxxxxxx [zx127]

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 8:12pm

I can't believe how you have been treated! This is just awful. Thinking of you Hun grouphug
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

Reg: Nov 23rd 2010

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 9:33am

Ooooooh I'm sooooo angry on your behalf Cakeface......Just who the hell do these people think they are? I would certainly complain, talk about insenstive. Mind you I think quite a few of us have encountered the numpties in the room - I know I have ("get a cat" was said to me once....). I have to say that I left the NHS after 20+ years as I was fed up of seeing things like this happen and I'm sure some of my colleagues were fed up with my ranting that the clue was in the name "National Health Service".....I'm pretty sure a couple of them were glad I left LOL! Make sure that the doctor you see knows in no uncertain terms how dreadful and upsetting this was and of course it's up to you but I'd complain in writing to the Trust Exec (but then I've gone past the point of caring what they think of me now LOL!). As for "who tests again?". Well if I'd got a BFP I'd be testing every hour on the hour just to see the little blue line and dance around the bathroom.......Big hugs to you and your other half and a great big slap to the numpties :rolleyes:

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 10:56am

I'm so sorry how things have turned out for you Cakeface, but I'm equally appalled by the way you were treated by what should be one of the more sensitive depts in a hospital.

I know you might not have the emotional energy for it at the moment, but this is the type of attitude and behaviour that needs to be reported. X(

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Reg: Jul 5th 2011

Children: None yet!!

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 11:37am

Cakeface i am truly sorry about your BFN and outraged and disgusted on your behalf at the way you have been treated, it is appalling to say the least, and i imagine quite a traumatic experience for you, sending you love xx
July 11 - ivf/donor sperm :BFN:

Nov 11 - ivf/donor sperm :BFN:

Mar 12 - ivf/donor sperm :BFP

Cakeface

Thursday, August 18th 2011, 2:16pm

Oh my goodness!!!! Thank you all so much for your support and words of sympathy Means so much to me as me and dh have chosen to keep our baby issues between ourselves and haven't even told close family or friends as we just didn't want to deal with the added stress of people asking us questions or being reluctant to tell us if they were pregnant.
After 2 days of intense pyjama therapy I am now showered and ready to formulate an official complaint!!!! God help them! Any ideas on who I should address it to?
This is such a great environment! Thanks ladies xxx