You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mrsandrews09" started this thread

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: 1 daughter, 16 years old, new baby boy 10 weeks old

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 8:37am

IVF Resulted in ectopic pregnancy. Now have to wait to have other tube removed. Anyone else experienced this??

hi, im lorraine i joined back in may/june, here is a brief discription of my journey so far,
we went thru ivf and after not stimulating enough we had our meds uped and after the dreaded 2 week wait we had our positive pregnancy test, as you can imagine after 8 years of nothing we were over the moon, i had my 6 week scan booked in for when i was 6 weeks 3 days and unfortunatly after a very traumatic visit to bcrm, we were sent to early pregnancy unit and more test,trauma, tears it resulted in surgery to remove the baby and my left tube as it started to rupture as we were waiting it all happened so fast and we were compleatly shocked and devestated.
we came back from our 1st visit back at ncrm since it all happened yesterday and have now been told in order to try again the say i to have the right tube taken as all my percentages are quite shocking,
i was just wondering if there is anyone else in the same sad situation as its hard to find someone that understands what all this is like.
im be grateful to hear from anyone and hopefully go thru the journey with support and help others.
sorry for the long info doesnt even scratch the serface but its just explaining a little.

lorraine xxxx
[zx076] :BFP: JUNE 2011 ectopic bigcloud

:BFP: seen @6 weeks [zx076] & 7 weeks & 10 weeks [zx115] also 13 weeks

Reg: Mar 4th 2010

Children: Lewis - 4 years

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 12:42pm

Hi Lorraine,

I had a pucptured ectopic a couple of years ago and had my left tube out. Then i had an ectopic in my right tube and they treated it with methoxtexate. I was told that I would need IVF and there was never any mention of removing my right tube, even though it had had an ectopic and was most likley damaged. I had three rounds of IVF with my right tube, one of which resulted in a pregnancy (although sadly ended at 10weeks).
Ive just had my right tube taken out after a natural pregnancy resulted in yet another ectopic, but I dont see why they would want your tube out when there might be nothing wrong with it. If I was you I would want to keep it to hopefully have the chance naturally. xx
Me 34 DH 40.
DS born without any problems- 2006

*1st miscarriage- blighted ovum June 2008
*2nd miscarriage September 2008
*1st ectopic- left tube rucptured Xmas Eve 2008
*2nd ectopic- right tube treated with methotrexate September 2009
*1st IVF- March 2010- chemical pregnancy
*2nd IVF July 2010- BFN
*FET December 2010- BFP. Twins from one egg! Lost twin one at 9 weeks and twin 2 at 10weeks
*Diagnosed with elevated anti thyriod antibodies May 2011
*Surprise natural BFP August 2011- 3rd ectopic. Right tube removed.

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 7:57pm

Hi im so sorry to hear what you have been thru, no I only have a 10% chance of concieving natrually with clomid, so I know its for the best as if I didnt have it removed I would have 40% chance of pregnancy but a 25% chance it would be ectopic.so I know its,for the best even though it scares the hell out of me xxxx

Siobhan

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 27th 2009

Children: A beautiful 12 yr old daughter and a gorgeous 1 yr old baby girl, hoping to be blessed again.

What's Up?
:0)

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 11:14am

Hi Lorraine im so sorry for your loss. [zx127]

I too had an ectopic in my left tube resulting in that being removed, i also ended up having an ectopic in my right tube and had the pregnancy removed with key hole surgery. When having investigations for IVF i had the lap and dye test and my right tube has a hole in it where they took out the pregnancy and it just never healed but they didnt remove it! I have been told tho that if a damaged tube fills with fluid it may cause m/c so maybe they just want to be extra carefull ?( i just dont see why they would want to take a tube away thats healthy?

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30
IVF x3 :BFN:
FET x4 :BFN:
Brief positives along the way [zx103]

Evie Rose born 28/09/2011 weighing 5Ib 12oz
Evie Rose Grist Adopted on the 26/03/2013 [zx076]

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 11:40am

hi hun, i remember you from 2ww, my tubes werent that good anyway hun as i have pcos and endri so not good plus scar tissue from ops.
they have put me on clomid til dec/jan til i have my right tube removed but only have a 13% chance of getting pregnant with clomid.
how are you hun xxx

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE