You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 11:15am

Easy peasy homemade scone pizza

I have the fabulous Delia to thank for this recipe. We love it, its a homemade healthy lunch made from scratch and it takes me about half an hour from start to finish.

Preheat the oven to about 200C

110g SR flour
25g butter at room temp/spreadable butter/margarine
3-4 tablespoons of milk
2 tablespoons of chopped tinned tomatoes without too much juice
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
a pinch of dried herbs
30g grated cheese
Whatever toppings you fancy:
mushrooms
sweetcorn
peppers
ham
chicken...

Rub in the flour and the fat, Delia adds a pinch of salt but I tend not to and it tastes fine. Add the milk a tablespoon at a time to make a soft dough, you may not need all the milk. Grease a baking tray and press the dough into a circle about 6 inches in diameter.

Mix together the tomatoes, tomato puree and herbs and spread it on the top of the dough. Top with sliced mushrooms, bits of ham chopped onion, prawns etc... then the grated cheese.

Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes until its browned on the top.

It serves my two for lunch and you can easily double up for more kids/bigger appetites or serve it with oven chips and salad or beans for a bigger meal. And its not a faff to make the dough into 2 small circles and let them add their own toppings or make faces on the top etc.. I have made it into 4 fingers of pizza too. It freezes well too, just defrost and heat it through in a warm oven for 10 minutes or so.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 1:23pm

Ooo, Mrs Jasper, I was just thinking how it would be good to make some home made pizza the other day! Will have to give this a try as it will make a change from the eternal sandwich!!

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance