You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "keep the faith" started this thread

Reg: Jun 20th 2011

Children: is the question, 'soon' is the answer (fingers crossed)

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 1:18am

It doesnt take much... but im confused

Hi All.....

Who's got the wisdom that i clearly havn't....

If st marys manage to get for example only two eggs and they fertilize and transfer both, is that classed as my two nhs attempts used up?

If they manage to get a few but none servive the thor, is that my two attempts gone or will they try and get more eggs from me?

Im confused as to how it all works, also if i suffer from OHSS is that again classed as one attempt tried?

Or... is each transfer classed as one try?

Reading back on this I sound very negitive, So my final question.... Has anybody got any possitivity to share?

Thanxx
PCOS
DH Perfect (his opinion, not mine)
A laparscopy has shown tubal damage.
Ovarian drilling :BFN:
Prescribed Clomid 50mg for 18 months :BFN:
3x IUI 2 with clomid one with Menopur :BFN:
Currently taking Metformin 1500mg
xfingers ET Blasto Feb 2012 At Care Manchester

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 4:48am

Hi

In my area the NHS count each transfer as one. Even if you have multiple embryos transferred that is still one transfer.

In my area (think this has now changed with cuts) they would do up to 3 collections and 5 transfers. I ended up having 3 fresh and 2 frozen cycles.

Hope the helps. Each PCT will have different rules on number of collections and transfers they will cover.

Good luck with your treatment.
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

United Kingdom

Reg: May 13th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little boy called Daniel

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 10:04am

Hi

Just in case you are unsure of how it works, on a very general basis, each fresh cycle would involve you using drugs to stimulate your ovaries to create lots of eggs. They then collect those eggs & fertilise them into embryos & after a few days they will either put one or two embryo's back inside you (St Mary's only usually put one back). If there are any embryo's left over which fertilised well but they didn't use and they are suitable for freezing then they will freeze them. Then later when you are ready, you can request to have them thawed and implanted back into you at a later date. Either because the first attempt didn't work or it did work but you are ready to try for more children. Even when they go on to use the frozen embryos, this is still counted as your first try/go as they came from that first cycle. In effect you could get two attempts from one of your goes if there are embryo's to freeze. Unfortunately I didn't have any suitable for freezing but did get pregnant from my first attempt so all turned out ok in the end.

When I was under the care of St Mary's, they advised me that from the first injection, that was counted as you starting your treatment & so no matter what happened after that it counted as one of your two attempts. If for any reason you didn't even make it to egg transfer because they had to abandon the cycle for low response/too high response, then unfortunately that was your first attempt gone. That is why it is lucky you have two attempts. Some women, even those under the care of St Mary's only get one attempt, it just depends on where you live!

Hope this helps xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 1:12pm

Lynne is right. In the past one free attempt was if you got to e/c. Now if you start stimming that count as one attempt even if the cyle is cancelled. Frozen transfers are different as you don't stimulate.

• "keep the faith" started this thread

Reg: Jun 20th 2011

Children: is the question, 'soon' is the answer (fingers crossed)

Friday, September 16th 2011, 8:21pm

Arrrrrr, Thanx for that :thumbsup:
PCOS
DH Perfect (his opinion, not mine)
A laparscopy has shown tubal damage.
Ovarian drilling :BFN:
Prescribed Clomid 50mg for 18 months :BFN:
3x IUI 2 with clomid one with Menopur :BFN:
Currently taking Metformin 1500mg
xfingers ET Blasto Feb 2012 At Care Manchester

MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread: