You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

curly

• "curly" started this thread

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 8:43am

improve quality of eggs after having poor response on first IVF *Maca Root and Royal Jelly"????

Hi Ladies

Can any help me. I have just gone through my first IVF and had to abandon the cycle. I had one at size 18 and the rest were size 10. We decided to try again on the next IVF but still gave it a try with AIH with the one that was 18. It didn't work and I am not pregnant. I am 39 and my last FSH was 9.

So now before I start again which will be around christmas/january I want to try everything I can to improve the quality of my eggs. I have read the Royal Jelly is very good for this. How much do I need to take? I want to start as soon as possible so I am it for at least 3 months. Also I have read about Maca Root is very good for the quality of eggs. Has anyone found this out too and is taking it? Can I take Royal Jelly and Maca Rood at the same time and how much should I take?

Please help I want to start as soon as possible.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 8:55am

Hi curly,
unfortunately there is no evidence that these supplements help with egg quality. What I did is I consulted a nutritionist who then gave me some supplements and a diet.
Herbal remedies can be detrimental to us if not taken correctly, so don't just take random stuff. On another forum I have red really bad reports for Maca, so don't take it without talking to someone who is qualified to advise. Royal jelly can cause allergy. I have taken it, but has done nothing to me but mess up my FSH.
I went to a Zita West network nutritionist & acupuncturist, as I am lucky enough to have one here in Ipswich where I live. My hormones have improved a lot.
If you go on the Zita West website you can have a phone appointment, where they will tailor a diet and supplement to your needs and age.

Check her website: Contact Us - Zita West
Then you can book either a phone consultation with a nutritionist or find a zita west network affiliate near you

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

Take care
:xxx:

lief

Ace

Reg: Aug 11th 2011

Children: none but very hopeful

Sunday, September 11th 2011, 8:58am

Hi Curly,

Sorry to hear about your cycle. :cuddle There is heaps you can do which will make you feel better as well. I have read quite a bit in the last few months, so hope you will not be overwhelmed....

Improve blood circulation by excercise, acupunture, good wholesome food (If you can afford it, organic milk, meats and veg have a higher nutrient content...)
If you can, give up alcohol, tea and coffee (read that includes decaff, but that is a hardline approach). This will help with the absorption of all that good (expensive) food and improve blood circulation.
Have a look on the Foresight website. They can test whether your zink, selenium etc levels are ok by a few snippets of your hair.
There is a mixture of supplements, see section on FZ. Have you got any of Zita West's books?
I read that poor responders may suffer from an immunology issue i.e your cells attacking the hormones needed to grow follicles. There is good section on this issue on FZ as well.
How are your stress levels?

In a way, it is great that you can take time before your next cycle. If hubby can join you, you are both in it as a team!

Take care, hope this helps and let us know how you are getting on!
L
me 35 dh 42
6 natural bfp all mcs
1 bfp thru ICSI June 2011 but mc
Sept 2011 FET with immuno meds BFN
Nov-Dec 2011 ICSI with Immuun tx BFP
Seen [zx076] [zx076] at 6.5, 8.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…1046&highlight=
:angel2:

l_ouise

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Tuesday, September 13th 2011, 9:26am

Hiya,

At my review appointment we were discussing the possible causes for my failed cycle and the consultant suggested that i could have bad eggs without knowing about it (thanks :rollseyes: ) so i asked if i could do anything to improve the quality of the eggs and she gave me a flat no.

The eggs are created when we are in the womb ourselves and although age and lifestyle can hinder the quality, nothing can improve upon the quality we were born with.

That said, if i was in your situation i'd go all out. As for how much - the more the better. The maximum dosage.

I hope it helps you conceive.

curly

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 9:15am

Thank you for all your advice.
Just to let you know that I have been exercising four times a week at the gym. Lost 3 stone in weight. Drinking decaf for months and months now and having acupuncture for months too. None of it seems to have helped.
I think I will give the Royal Jelly a go as I have nothing to loose now. I am going to see the doctor tomorrow to review what has just happened and the next step. I am a bit nervous but willing to give it one more go if he says its worth it and not just wanting me to spend my money. xfingers

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 10:57am

Hi Hun like the girls said there is no evidence that royal jelly and maca work to improve egg quality, but like you I gave it a go. Not for egg quality though my periods went very irregular after my second cycle in January so I heard both these vitamins could help with making cycles regular and ovulation. My cycles were 38-50! Days and within the 1st month of taking them cycles were back to 34 days and I was ovulating again. I took both every other day, but as I am starting 3rd cycle in 4/5 weeks I have knocked it on the head now and am just taking pregnacare conception.
It's a personal choice Hun xxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

curly

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 4:49pm

Thanks Mistykins for the advice. My cycles are like yours.. Anything from 43 - 50 days! So you never know they may work. Thanks and good luck with your 3rd cycle. xfingers

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 5:17pm

I agree that there is not evidence that these things work, but for me I honestly believe royal jelly and drinking milk helped my egg quality & numbers massively as before I took either of these I only produced 1 egg and had to switch to IUI, when I had IVF in April this year I produced 8 eggs and even got BFP even though I had a miscarriage later on & I have a frostie.

I think you have to do what you think is right for you, but trying these things can not hurt!

Wishing you lots of luck for your future cycle :xxx3: :xxx3:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 6:15pm

Maybe it was just a good month. Your response to the IVF drugs vary from month to month depending on your hormones at the start of the cycle, so it might have all happened all the same without the supplements. Overloading yourself with stuff can be bad for you, especially for your liver.
You have to do what is right, but random stuff may not be. Just look for good professional advice so you are eating the right things and taking the right supplements in the right combination for you.
Take care

curly

Friday, September 16th 2011, 5:06pm

Thanks everyone. Like everyone else you are willing try anything and everything. I have started taking Royal Jelly 500mg one a day but I have held back on the Maca Root until I have found out a bit more about it.
I went to the hospital yesterday for a chat about the next step. Yes we are going to try one more time on IVF but in a couple of months to give my ovaries a rest. xfingers

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, September 16th 2011, 5:31pm

As you have to wait try to check with a nutritionist so you can get the best chance and good advice!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE