You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hoping77

• "Hoping77" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 8:16pm

Hi Rocky

Well today he has had one of his grumpy days. I fed him at 3:15pm and he had a good 5 ounces and he was OK for about half an hour and then started getting agitated. He'd been sick and had a burp so I was pretty sure he didn't need more winding. I changed his nappy, talked to him, put him in his chair, cuddled him etc, all of which he didn't want so in the end I just stuck him in his bouncer chair in the kitchen and put the extractor fan so I could go and get quickly changed and it stopped him crying for a bit but not for long. Thankfully DH arrived home just in time and we put him in the pram and took him for a walk. Well DH did, I went to the local beauty salon to get my toe nails painted. It was a welcome break I must admit.

When I got home at 6pm Nathan was screaming and DH was starting to get agitated because he couldn't settle him. I gave him a bottle, which settled him briefly but he cried soon after so I said to DH I am just going to put him to bed. He started pursing his lips and sucking like he was still hungry so at about 6:45pm he had another couple of ounces and that seemed to settle him. I put him in his basket and he has lay there content since, talking to himself and is now asleep by the sounds of his breathing on the monitor. I swear he loves going to bed. I think he takes after me as I love going to bed early and always did before I had him. When I was pregnant I went to bed at about 7:30pm some evenings as I was so tired. I wonder if he sensed it when he was in the womb LOL ?o(

I'm lucky in that he wants to go to bed and sleeps. He should stay asleep until I dream feed him all being well. It is just frustrating when he cries and you can't settle him, especially when I have stuff to do in the house and I can't do it because I don't want to leave him crying. I can totally sympathise with you hun though by the sounds of it you have it worse off, as in that he stays unsettled through the night. It must be so tough and I completely understand you letting him sleep on your chest. If that is what soothes him and means you get a bit of rest then I think you have to do it for your own sanity.

By the sounds of it I think Harry does have colic, in that he won't settle for several hours. Is the gripe water not helping? If not maybe take him to the doctors and see if they can prescribe Colief, which is apparently very good. When you bottle feed what bottles do you use? I have Dr Browns, which are good and I think someone else recommend the Mam ones. You could maybe try those for the bottle feeds? I think I paid about £10 for 2 Dr Brown bottles.

Can't believe you have had 2 different opinions on your diagnosis. Can you not get a third opinion from someone? I would if I were you. I wonder if Harry is missing breastfeeding hence him being unsettled and the only thing that does seem to settle him is sleeping on your chest? Bless him. Also he will be able to hear your heartbeat when he is lay on you so that will be soothing for him. I hope you get sorted soon anyway with your nipple problem and fingers crossed you start to see an improvement in Harry as the weeks go by and he becomes more settled.

Loving the sunshine this week but not liking the reading on my BT Monitor this evening - it says 25 degrees and too hot!!!! We've got all the windows open upstairs and a fan on in our room and Nathan is just in a thin cotton sleepsuit with the top two buttons undone and no blanket. I was considering putting him in a t-shirt but I actually think it isn't that hot and I keep checking his chest and he doesn't feel hot, just right. Does anyone else think that the temp range 18 - 20 that is ideal for a baby's room is actually quite cool? I do but I am nesh - as my mum says. Do babies get hotter than us?

Hope everyone else is OK and enjoying the sunshine.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 8:31pm

hi huns.
I love all the chatter in here. Its so helpful and its good to know how other people are doing. I've had a busy week as dh has been off work so i've been reading but not had time to post.
AG- sounds like your doing a great job hun so don't get upset. It must be so hard for u with your dh going away. I know what u mean about having respect for single parents. I felt the same when my dh went away for 5 days, i feel the same through the day when i can't manage to get out of the house before midday too. Hope your feeling better hun. Its early days and they are so demanding when they are so tiny. It does get easier as the weeks go on. Xxx

hoping- your step MIL has annoyed me for you! All babies are different and i wanna slap people that say that to me and say my baby should be doing the same. I try and cluster feed lydie but i start late afternoon rather than evening time. Its about getting in as there allowance of milk through the day then they shouldn't be waking out of hunger...but it doesn't mean they don't wake up... Lydie has her better nigts when she feeds alot through the day but we've still mastered waking less than once a night and it can be 3 times some nights. Like your walking nathan in the pushchair trick, they love there buggies don't they xxx

rocky- i admire your persistance with BFing. Your an absolute star. Just keep thinking of how good it is for your baby. I wish i'd not had to stop BFing. ooh that is a hard decision about your diagnosis. i'd like to think a dr hasn't got it wrong as seen as though she will have a degree in medicine and has breastfed herself, but its not unknown sor dr's to get things wrong. a BF councilor as much experience that they may have arn't nurses or dr's but they have seen many boobies. at least u will get the results tomorrow and will know for sure. xxx

chillmint - my lo is like yours in that she prefers small frequent feeds. i'd like her to take more so she can go longer between feeds but its just not suited to her. have u tried your lo in her cot yet during the day so she gets used to it ? i tried L in hers and she plays happily in there but won;t nap unless she's in her crib in our room so hoping she gets used to it soon.

shelley - i'd read in here or your diary (can't remeber which...lol) that u took your lo to rhyme time so i have booked me and L in for some classes. does oliie enjoy them? i have very limited nursery rhymes stored in my brain so i thought it was a good iea to learn some and have fun with lydie. i've also put me and lydie on a waiting list for baby massage which i think u said u did too. xxx

well this week has been a mix of Lydie having 3 feeds a night and one randomly good night where she had only one feed. i try and cluster feed after 4pm and 'tank her up' as the baby whisperer says but she only likes little and often feeds so she will have 3oz every 2 hours for the last part of the evening. she goes to bed and does really well going down on her own but we're still mastering sleeping for more than 3 hours (apart from the odd night). we took her to a restraunt on sat night and we fed her at 6.30pm before we went then dh took her home and fed her at 11 before she went to bed then she had just the one feed at 3 and slpet through til 8.30. so think we need to take her ro a restraunt every night if it has that affect on her...lol.

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather anyway.

a question to those of you that formula feed..... do u give your LO's cool boiled water? if so then how much? my HV mentioned it when i last saw her but i was combination feeding the so she said i didnt need to give lydie any as she was getting it from the BF milk.but now she's fully formula fed so i don;t want her to dehydrate but then i read on google that it can be dangerous to give water so i'm confused. so any advice would be appreciated, thanks ladies.

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Wednesday, September 28th 2011, 9:22pm

Hoping - i have lydie in just a nappy and a 1 tog grobag tongiht. i was unsure how to dress her tongiht too cos my monitor says 24degs. i had her in a vest and the grobag but when i was giving her her bedtime feed she felt really hot so i took the vest off. i figured when i go to sleep i like a cover over me no matter how warm it is so i kept the 1 tog grobag and took the vest off rather than the other way round. i keep feeling her tum and it feels ok now. lol at nathan liking his bed like u do! bless him. some babies just like more sleep and calm surroundings. hope your toenails look nice anyway hun ;) i'm going for a spa day next week (a b.day present from my BFF's) and i'm looking forward to the relaxing. xxxx

for the person who mentioned MAM bottles..... i was in asda the other day and was looking at bottles and noticed they were on offer. so just thought i'd mention it incase anyone was thinking of buying some.

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 8:22pm

Booboo - I struggle to get out of the house before 2pm! I was combination feeding from early on (didn't have enough breast milk to feed her) and had to stop BF at about 8 weeks when my milk dried up. I mentioned to my HV that I thought LO was snacking and she suggested I give her cooled boiled water to stretch the time between feeds, this was when she was about 10 weeks old. I read the same advice as you Booboo, about extra water being possibly not the best thing. When the HV made the suggestions, it didn't "feel" like the right thing to do, filling her up with water instead of food. I can stretch times between feeds by taking her out in her buggy. Anyway, sorry, I've gone off track…you're asking about dehydration…is there anything that might make you think that she's dehydrated? I've wondered that today, it being so warm.

Shelley - No, not tried putting her in her cot for day times naps yet. I like to get out and do stuff in the day, so I'm not always in the house for nap times. I've got this thing in my head that LO finds it more interesting to be out doing stuff. Sound like Ollie had a different plan to yours! What do you do to stretch out his feeds if you need to? I've gotta re-learn the nursery rhymes too - I can only remember "the wheels on the bus" and LO might get bored of that soon :)

Hoping - My LO started sleeping for a stretch of 8 hours (7.30pm - 3.30am) at about 12 weeks (I'm a bit of a saddo, I record everything she eats and the amount of time she sleeps at night, just to try and see any patterns). I give her a last bottle about 7pm, the one before is probably about 5pm, so I suppose that could be a cluster feed. I can't really fill her too full because she just hasn't got a big appetite.

A few times I tried her with a dummy at 3.30am to see if she was waking out of habit or hunger, thinking that if it was hunger then the dummy wouldn't settle her. Then she started to sleep until 6.30am. That happened for three nights and I thought I was onto a winner…until last night, when she was actually hungry. I think she might be just getting used to sleeping for longer. Now, its about four nights a week she sleeps through.

Ooooh, interfering people drive me potty. As you say, everyone here has got a different baby.

Rocky - How frustrating, two people with equally good credentials giving you totally different diagnosis. I hope you get some definitive results from the swab on Friday.

AG - I hope you're OK and that things aren't too difficult. My DH was away for a week when LO was 6 weeks, and it was soooo hard without any break at all, especially if you're getting witching hours to deal with. Does you LO like being carried in a sling? Its a bit odd at first though, getting used to doing the dishes and hanging the washing out wearing a baby.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 8:52pm

Booboo - I haven't got a 1 tog grobag, they're all 2.5 so saving them for cooler nights and also when he goes in his cot as they're massive and would just gather up in his basket. Are Lydie's arms exposed as Grobags don't have sleeves do they? I think Nathan would start to feel cold as the night went on. He always seems to have cold hands and feet, especially his feet if he doesn't have socks on, even though his chest is warm to touch, which is what they say go by when checking their temperature don't they?

Chillimint - I think Nathan may start to do what your LO has done - feed at 7pm and sleep till about 3am. If we leave him (and not do a dream feed) he has slept till 12:30am so that was a good 5 hours but then he will wake again around 3am. Do you not dream feed then between 9 and 12? DH thinks we should just leave him to sleep, rather than do a dream feed, and let him wake up when he wants a feed but I'm thinking we should dream feed him in the hope he sleeps between the hours of midnight and 6am, which is my aim with him hopefully. I guess it could work both ways, like it has done for you ?o(

Can't remember who recommended the foam bath support from Mothercare but I just want to say thanks, it is fab. I bathed Nathan on my own tonight as DH was out with work and it was easy peasey smile2 Nathan enjoyed it too, well, apart from when I take him out and dry him as he usually starts to whinge then while I'm getting him dressed. Does anyone else's baby hate getting dressed? Nathan doesn't like it, moreso if I am putting a top over his head. I do it as gently as I can so not sure why he hates it so much.

Anyway, hope you're all enjoying the sunshine.

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 9:49pm

chillmint- thanks for the advice. I don't so much think lydie is dehydrated, infact she seems fine. Its just that the HV mentioned water when i last saw her but told me i didn't need to while i was combo feeding but i should when she's just on formula. My mum said she used to give me water too. But i was just insure how much to give. I tired her earlier and she took just less than an ounze so i don't think that will be too much. I combination fed until 2 weeks ago when my milk dried up too. Did u find you still filled with milk every few days? It can hurt and be tender sometimes. It got to a point where i was feeding lydie every other day as my milk was dwindling but i haven't fed her for over a week now. At least i can drink my cappucino's though now ;-)

hoping- yeah lydies grobags have no sleeves. My thermometer says 26degs tonight so even hotter than yesterday! Lydie slept from 9 til 2.30am last night (must have been the sea air!) and she didn't get too cool so i've stuck with the nappy and grobag again tonight. It is very hot isn't it. Its mad cos i've had to dig out her summer clothes that i'd put away thinking she wouldn't get use out of them again. Think i'm going to get one of them foam insert for the bath for lydie. She is nearly too big for her baby bath now so them inserts sound great for thw big bath. Lydie doesn't mind getting dressed cos i think she likes laying on her changing mat while i talk to her...lol. But she hates it when i have to put the clothes over her head, thats when she gets the pet lip out. Has nathan got a pet lip before he crys? I think they are so cute....lol. Just makes me want to cuddle them even more.

Think i'm going to get myself to bed now. Dh is back to work tomorrow now so i'm on my own for night feeds until mon night.

Hope everyone is ok and enjoying the glorious weather....so glad to be on mat leave when the weathers like this :-)

xxxxxxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:14am

Wow lots going on here.

I love the grobags but Mimi is too small at mo.
She loves being swaddled though. I got a couple off Amazon with velcro straps. If i swaddle her after a bath she sleeps so much better.
I also have a Prince Lionheart bear. It plays music, womb noises etc and you can even record your own personal message. It is noise activated and she loves it.

I have a hands free bath. (Brought the foam insert for my Son's little gal) It is similar to the foam support but plastic. It wont fit for long tho. About 6 months it sucks to the bottom of the big bath and baby lays in.
They are about a tenner in Asda. The foam support is great too.

Anyhoo this is a great thread.

X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Friday, September 30th 2011, 1:27pm

This is such a great thread ladies - well done whoever started it - can't remember who it was! Thanks all the ladies who have been asking for me - so lovely of you and this support really means a lot to me. It is so great to be able to chat with so many people who are in the same boat!

All is going so much better with me. To be honest I think a lot of the problem is probably with me! I need to just chill out a little and accept that every day will be different and that some days my little one will sleep for ages and others days she won't. I can be a bit of a control freak and I have to be a little more flexible! My baby is happy and healthy and that is all that matters. She has been doing really well and sleeping much better in the daytimes, those few days seemed to be an exception where nothing would help her settle in her basket during the day. One day she only had about an hour and half sleep from 7am - 10pm! A friend of mine was telling me about "wonder weeks" which I found really interesting. At 5 weeks their mental development takes a leap and it can leave them feeling a little overwhelmed with all things new. Last night she slept from 10 - 5am! Not sure if that was a one off or not though!! She still is a bit fussy about lying in her pram/cot sometimes, but I think she has trouble with food coming back up sometimes. We are in a much better routine now and i'm feeling a lot happier about things and I think so is she!

Feeding is going really good still and she is gulping it down - she put on 200g this week - not sure what that is in ounces and she is now up to 4010g - which I think is almost 9llb. Someone was mentioning on here about dream feeds and I tried it!! One night she'd fed at 9 and was still zonked around half 11, so I picked her up and fed her, changed her and put her back down again - it was like she was never really awake properly and it really worked!

It is very warm with us too - our groegg was measuring 25 degrees last night, so I opened the windows wide and it cooled a lot. At the moment I just have LO in her moses basket with a blanket over her, but I have the grobags for when she gets a bit bigger. I got the thicker grobags for the winter though.

My mum is here just now, which has been a great help. My house is tidy and the meals are getting made! DH came home yesterday, so we're very chuffed. He is only home for 2 weeks this time, then away for 2, then back for 6 and then back onto his 2 away 4 home - will be good when we get back into the 2-4 routine properly, but having him home for 6 weeks will be superb.

Chillimint - thanks for the tip lovely girl - I do have a sling, but need to suss out how to tie it all up! I also have another carrier, but I think she is too small for it just yet. Sometimes if she is awake while i'm shopping she'd rather be up and seeing what is around her.

Will try to get on her a bit more often to see how you are all doing and will do personals next time i'm on. xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, September 30th 2011, 3:11pm

AG - glad to hear your days are getting better. What you said is so true, I think I am the same, as in I am a bit of a control freak but they're just like us adults at the end of the day, some days they will wake up happy, others days they may have a bit of a grump on. We're on a high when they have a good day but are knocked for six when they have a grumpy day where they won't settle. Nathan will have about 3 days in the week where he can be a right pain in the backside and has witching hours from about 3pm till he goes to bed. The only good thing is when he goes to bed he will go down no problem and falls asleep quite quickly. I definitely can''t complain about him during the night as he is a little love.

Last night DH did the night feeds and rather than do a dream feed he let him wake up himself, which he did at about 11:30pm after going to bed at 7pm and he woke again at about 4:15am, had a bottle, then slept till 7:45am. I think that was really good but I'm not sure whether to let Nathan dictate when he wants a feed or do a dream feed before midnight. What do others think?

Booboo - I have given Nathan some water the past two days, purely because it is so warm. He only has about an ounce, if that, but hopefully it just hydrates him as he was very warm when I got back from the shops today, his back was practically wet from sitting in the car seat, and he only had a thin cotton short suit on.

Best go, I think Nathan has done a poo as there is a smell lingering in the living room LOL!

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Friday, September 30th 2011, 3:44pm

I read through this thread yesterday but didn't have time to post, xfingers Charlotte will let me send this one :snigger:

Hoping, when Will was about 7 weeks old I was still doing the dream feed and a friend asked why I was waking him up as he would tell me if he was hungry (I was bf on demand so slightly different circumstances to you) so one night I left him and lo and behold he slept through from 7.30 to 7.30. I thaught it must have been a fluke but the same thing happened the next night and the next and I never looked back. I have done the same this time with Charlotte and last night she slept from 9.30 until 4.30 then up at 7.30. I would say that as long as they are gaining weight and having lots of wet and dirty nappies and that they are happy and alert then all is good.

I never really set a routine for Will, he just sort of fell into one and Charlotte seems to be doing the same, I know it doesn't work for all babies but I just take my lead from them and go wth the flow. The only thing that is consistant is bed time, bath, pjs, cuddles and bed by 7.30 (Will still has the same routine now so I have to do the same with Charlotte or he wants to know why).

Good luck to you all and please rest assured that it does get easier

blowkiss

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, September 30th 2011, 7:59pm

Thanks Ali Bird, I think I will let Nathan wake up on his own then tonight and let me know when he is hungry. The only advantage to a dream feed so far for me is that he is asleep, doesn't really need winding and goes back in his basket asleep so I don't listen to him talking for half an hour or so before he drifts off again LOL!

Well, I have decided to knock the evening bath time on the head as of tonight :scream: . He just doesn't like it whatever way I do it, whether it's a bottle before or after. I actually think he would enjoy having a bath, if it was in the morning when he is in a much happier mood. In the evenings he can be so grouchy that giving him a bath just adds to the stress of the witching hours. DH was out again this evening with work so I was on my own and I had it planned that he would have a bath at 6:30pm followed by a bottle and bed. He has been great all day and even had his first proper laugh, which was amazing. I took him for a walk at about 5pm to get some fresh air, even though it's warm. He fell asleep in the pram but soon after I got home at about 6pm he started crying. He had a bottle at 4pm and I didn't really want to feed him again as I had this plan in my head of bath then bottle. I stuck with the plan but wish I didn't as he just screamed and screamed whilst I bathed him, it was a stress drying him and trying to put a nappy on. I then gave him his bottle before putting his PJ's on because he was that upset. Bless him he has gone in his basket no problem and is now sleeping. I just think all he wants of an evening is less fuss, a bottle and bed.

So, I am going to start bathing him in the morning. I will top and tail him in the evening as I like to clean him at the end of the day so fingers crossed that will be less stressful for us both. I can just include it with his nappy change before bed but probably do it an hour before I put him down so he is still pretty content from his feed at around 5pm.

I hope that as he gets older and understands a lot more that we can make bathtime in the evening but for now, for my own sanity, I am going to let him dictate and if it means he is happier then so be it.

As AG said, we like to control things when really we're probably making it worse and our babies would be happier if we let them take the lead on certain things.

It's such a shame that after a great day of him being really happy and letting me hear him laugh for the first time that it ends with him having a screaming fit. It's awful, he goes bright red and it sounds like his throat is going raw he screams that hard. I bet the neighbours think I am being horrible to him! I was actually wondering if something was wrong but as soon as the bottle goes in his mouth he settles and like I said he goes in his basket no problem so if he was ill surely he wouldn't want to sleep.

Anyway, I'm now stuffing my face with chocolate biscuits and may even have a glass of wine! I think I deserve it LOL!

Night all

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 12:57pm

Hi ladies,

I started this post on Friday night - would you believe!!! Had a difficult eve on Friday and Sat - sometimes it takes all evening to settle Harry and then I have a quick bit of tea and get to bed as soon as I can.

chillimint - I struggle to get out of the house at all! The only places I seem to go at the moment are to the doctors or the hospital clinic and that's only because I have to! In term sof the baby sling - is a carrier just as good...because someone said I should use a sling as Harry is difficult to settle sometimes. I've not bought one yet but I do have one of those 3 way carrier things where they can face inwards, outwards and on the back - although he can only do inwards at the moment due to age. So I'm wondering whether to buy a sling or whether the carrier will do the same job? Er..I'm also a saddo as I record everything as well. Even the amounts of milk I express from each boob everytime I do it. What are we like LOL!!!

AG - glad to hear things are better. You're doing brill on your own. When is DH back?

Booboo - can't blieve you took Lydie to a restaurant already. I would love to do that but just know Harry would play up and then I'd be really stressed. It must have been lovely to have a night out and be able to have her with you.

Hoping - I think you're right to change bath time if he's not enjoying it. We don't even have a bath routine yet. We bath Harry every few days and just top and tail the rest. I keep stressing that I should get him into a better routine but then it all goes to pot. How has your healing gone downstairs? Did you go back to SH and have anything done? I'm still not right!

Alibird - glad to hear things are going well and thanks for the reassurance that it gets easier. I keep wondering when Harry will go for longer between feeds s he is now 7 weeks. Somtimes during the night he can go for 4-5 hours but during the day he is still nly going 3 hours and on bad days 1hr45 - 2hrs. Everyone keeps saying that they start going for longer a this age ....but he seems to be going shorter times! I really hope he can start to stretch the feeding out soon.

Well...swab results back...don't sjow any thrush on the nipples. So now I'm not sure if I had thrush and the medication has cleared it or if it is something else. Still not right so there's something going on. Doc has given me a stonger steroid cream for psorisis (SP?) and dermatitis etc but it's not clearing...so I'm still pumping!! Think positioning is still wrong so will have to try and get that sorted. Hope everyone is OK.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 3:46pm

Teething at 9 weeks or too early?

Hi Rocky

Sorry to hear Harry isn't settling still. It must be so difficult. I find it mentally and physically draining when Nathan doesn't settle and constantly cries, today being one of those days :hairout It could be the heat that is making him worse but I have him in just his nappy and thin cotton shorts, no top or socks, and our windows are open. He only seems to be content when feeding, which is every 1.5 - 2 hours and he is only taking about 3 ounces a time because anymore and he brings it up because of his reflux. When he hasn't been feeding he has been crying and DH and I are feeling very drained at trying to settle him and even starting to bicker. It's not nice.

So you don't have nipple thrush? Like you say you won't know if you did have it and it cleared or if you ever had it at all. Hope the steroid cream sorts it hun.

So what is typical day like for you with Harry? I wouldn't worry about a routine yet. I like to have a routine but tbh it's hard when our LO is unsettled as it just throws everything out of the window.

Re 'down below' from the outside it looks much better but when DH and I BD the other day (the first time in about 5 months!) it did hurt, like I was bruised on the inside. The hospital gave me a load of KY jelly when I was last there as I said I was too scared to BD because of being cut so they said it should help. It did a little but it wasn't exactly pleasurable. Hopefully it will get better. Have you BD yet?

Guess who I saw on Friday when I was shopping? Rebecca Leighton!! She walked past me and I think she was with her boyf. She wasn't being hassled like she implied on This Morning. In fact I don't think anyone else recognised her apart from me. She had sunglasses on but I knew it was her because of all the press and seeing her on This Morning the week or so before. It's sad what she went through and I think she was used as a scapegoat. She never looked like someone who could do that, IYKWIM. I wonder who did it and if they're still working at the hospital?

Well ladies, as I was saying to Rocky Nathan has been a nightmare today, constantly crying. He is finally asleep upstairs in our bedroom on our bed (in between our V neck pillow) and has a fan aimed at him to keep him cool. I was wondering if it is the heat that is making him grumpy but I am actually wondering if he is starting teething. The reason being is this past week or so he has been dribbling a lot and he seems to be chewing on his fist, or at least trying to if he could aim it at his mouth correctly LOL! I thought he was hungry before but he started biting at the teat rather than sucking. I felt his gums at the top of his mouth and they feel bumpy and I swear I can see a bit of white. I've googled it and some women have had babies who started teething as early as 8 weeks so could I be right? I'm thinking of taking him to the docs to get a 2nd opinion before I start buying bonjela etc.

Bless him he has just started crying again so best go and check on him.

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 7:12pm

Thanks for all your support girls - it really means a lot. Things are going good and we are in much more of a routine now during the day and at night. LO is still very random at night - one night this week she slept from 10pm-5pm, then the next night she wouldn't settle for 3 and a half hours - what is all that about!! Tonight she's been bathed and just gone down - tried to get her down from quarter to 7, but wasn't happening, even though she was super tired. I never thought i'd say this when she is so young (6 weeks tomorrow) but I am thinking that she may need to go upstairs in her moses basket from 7pm from now on. What do others do? I know some do this from the start, but we wanted her close with us for a while. Usually she just sleeps down in the living room with us and we take her up later, but I think there are too many distractions for her and I think she wakens easily. Thinking that is we set up the video monitor that would be ok, then I could just keep the moses basket upstairs and she could sleep in the pram during the day. Not sure - just thinking about it!!

I have been expressing and trying LO with a bottle and she won't take it!! I am going to try a different bottle and teets and see how we go. I have to admit I want her to take a bottle purely for selfish reasons and only for when DH is home and so I can either get a long lie without getting disturbed or so that I can have a night out!! May not be having one of those for a long time if she won't take a bottle! I won't mind really as we have waited so long to be here and I am so pleased that the breast feeding is going so well with her. We've been eating out since she was a week old and (not sure what it is like in the UK) but here it is very accepted about the whole breastfeeding, so boobs are just whipped out when needed regardless of where we are!! I do dress with clothes that I can be discrete though.

DH is home and my Mum has been here. So good to have DH back. He is just wonderful with Norah and around the house, so it makes life a lot easier. We've been out for lots of lovely long walks and enjoying being a family of 3! So nice to have all the time together until he goes again.

Hoping - Sorry to hear that your LO has been unsettled. Not sure about the teeting thing at all - never heard about it starting so early, but you never know! I find my LO is at the moment trying to find her thumb (think she's going to be a thumb sucker, but to be honest i'm kinda glad as she won't take a dummy!) so maybe he is trying to comfort himself? Not sure - hope things get a bit better for you. We all understand what it is like to have an unsettled baby. DH and I haven't BD'ed yet, but my bits are fine as I had a section. I am quite conscious about the changes to my body if i'm honest. I always had a really flat tummy and a small waist, but my whole body shape has really changed. DH is lovely with me about it all and i'm sure we'll have to get back on the wagon again soon! It has been a while!

Rocky - I find that with my LO that sometimes it can take a long time to settle her. Stick with your routine and what you are doing - it sounds like you are doing a great job!!

Hope the rest of you are doing well. xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (Oct 2nd 2011, 7:14pm)

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 9:25pm

hi lovlies.

i love coming in here, its so good to see how we're all doing things and the advice on here is fab.

AG - norway sounds great for BFing. i always felt really conscious when i was BFing in public and when i would struggle to latch her on she would cry which would attract attention...lol. once i was in costa coffee and dh was holding scarf over me so i could latch her on but it was hot and i was getting flustered and lydie was getting frustrated so i just said 'sod it a boobs a boob' and just did away with the scarf. if people don;t want to see they can look away can't they. i think its fab where u live is so BF friendly. as for the thumb sucking my lydie does it too and the HV said its for self soothing and is a good thing. there's lots of negative association with thumb sucking but most babies grow out of it and its a good thing they can soothe thereselves. unlike a dummy they have it on hand whenever they want...pardon te pun!! also we put lydie upstairs at 7pm on an evening from 8 weeks. its the best thing we did cos she goes down no problem. i think there are too many distractions for them when they become more aware and get older. we have a BT monitor so just a sound one and just check on her often. so it might be worth while putting norah to bed if your ready for it xxxx

hoping - sorry to hear nathan has been unsettled, i replied to u in my diary hun. as fr BD, me and hub did it for the first time in about 5 months too yesterday. i'm all intact cos of c section but i was scared cos of the trauma of what happened when i heamorraged and had all sorts of tools shoved up there!!! anyway it was abit uncomfortable but like u say, hopefully it will get better from now and a bit more pleasurable. its weird anyway cos we can't do it in the bedroom where lydie is sleeping and half the time i'm too tired for rumpy pumpy...lol. xxxx

rocky - hope u get the nipple problem sorted soon. it must be so frustrating. u are an absolute star doing all the pumping, most people would have gone for a bottle of formula by now. you are doing an amazing job. if i had a choice i'd still BF and wouldn;t be bothered about leaving the house so don;t worry about that hun. xxx

well as for lydie we've been doing alot of grazing this week. she won;t take more than 4oz,more often than not its 3oz but then wants feeding again 2and a half hours later!! on a night she will go about 4 hours at first then 3 hours after that. my mum keeps going on that i shouldn;t be feeding her more than every 4 hours cos thats what she did but lydie won;t take the 6oz she's supposed to take, she'd rather eat little and often so i'm not going to starve her! plus she wakes alot in the night if she doesn;t get her milk in through the day. do any babies out there go 4 hours between feeds through the day?

another question....although u may not have even thought about this in much detail yet as its such early days.... but at what age would u be comforable with your babies stopping out the night? my mum bought a cot when i was preg for her house (even though she never discussed it with me) and keeps making comments that it'd be nice if lydie could get some use out of it. but she's 3 months old and i wasn't even considering her staying out until she was at least 6 months and even then it wouldn't be a weekly thing. then hubby started saying today that i should let lydies grandparents have time on there own with her and when will i let her stay out (it sounded to me like either my mum or his mum had been on his back about it). i feel like i'm been unreasonable now but i don;t want lydie stopping out yet and when i'm back at work next year i will obviously want to see her weekends not ship her off to dh's mum and dad. am i been unreasonable? i know when she's older she will stop over at grandparents every so often but i don;t want to tie myself to certain weekend nights and why are people harrassing me about it already when she's so young. alot of my mum's friends daughters have had kids yound and so they like to give there babies to there mums when they are weeks old. i think my mum thinks i'm selfish cos i haven;t done the same and let her have lydie overnight yet but she still sleeps in her crib by my bed. also my mum smokes in her house, although i know she'd smoke outside when lydie is there i'm still anal about smokers houses when lydie is under 1. anyway just wondered what peoples views were on this and if i'm over reacting. i know i'm going to have to share lydie more at some point but the thought of the inlaws expecting to have her on a weekend night next year when i'll want to see her after been at work through the week really upset me.....

hope your all doing well anyway. i'm going to take a dream feed up to lydie now and get to bed i think.

chow for now :xxx3:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 10:04pm

Hi guys, I've been trying to catch up but sorry if I don't get personal done... Should have kept a check while being away!

AG - I also had a section and I totally get what you mean. Luckily allot of the weight went after a couple of weeks of Ollie being born but my tummy looks horrible now and its got all wrinkly skin on it and the horrible fold from the cut is awful. I am so thankful that I have Ollie and I do look at the cut and think of it as my reminder of how lucky I am to have him bit it would be nice to get to how my body was originally.

Hoping- Ollie started seething very young so Nathan may well be. It's not unheard of. Weuse dentinox an when all else fails and his still having ea strop it usually works a treat. Ollie is very dribbly and has his fist in his south allot paired with rosy cheeks. Poor little mite!

Well our break away went really well, Ollie had a great time. Lots of walking and swimming and lazing around. He had broken sleep for 2 nights though which I put down to the chlorine first off but I think it was because it was somewhere new and the travel cot was unfamiliar he slept for the last 2 though and has been fine since we got home thankfully. We went to the coast today for a stroll with friends and Ollie just sleeps! Think its the sea air!!
Does anyone think I should be worries about Ollie's weight? His 14 weeks and is 17lbs 15oz (last week), he seems to be so chunky and wanting more and more milk which I'm reluctant to do unless he cries for it. I've been sent a class for helping to move him into solids which I'm hoping to go to, his getting so interested in food now so won't be long.
Also, his started to arch him back like he wants to roll over! So cute to watch him on his mat. His also finding his feet too, constantly grabbing at them.
I find that because Ollie is big for his age, allot of people assume that his really good with his neck or that they can be a bit rougher with him, its scary. I can see myself turning into a obsessive mum, the poor kid!!!

I need sleep, I feel cream crackered so am off to bed, hope everyone is well and making he most of this gorgeous weather Xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 10:19pm

Booboo - just wanted to say I totally understand. My mum keeps on at me but I won't be happy to leave Ollie till about 6 months and my mum also smokes so I've told her we won't go to hers cos of it. Shame isn't it. It's her choice to smoke though so its tough. My mum doesn't know that dh's mum is looking after Ollie at Xmas so we can o to his overnight dinner with work!! She's not going to like it

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:27am

Shelley - glad you had a lovely break. Re Ollie's weight I would say if it's on chart then it's fine. Nathan was weighed last week at 9 weeks and he was 13 pounds 6 ounces. So I reckon by the time he is 15 weeks he will be around 15 or 16 pounds. Nathan is chunky too and has a chubby face that sometimes looks too big for his body LOL! He also has lovely chubby legs and arms, which I think are cute. He is on target so I'm not worried. Re the teething he has been OK this morning and not cried but no doubt I have just jinxed myself and he will start his screaming again LOL!

Booboo - thanks for letting me rant in your diary. DH apologised last night so it's all good. I think just with Nathan crying for most of the day really got to us both. Nathan was all smiles this morning for me and daddy so DH went to work in a happy mood smile2

Re letting our LO stay out for the night. Nathan is staying out on 22 October for the first time nailbite I'm going out for a meal with DH and friends for my birthday so we have DH's dad and his wife looking after him. They only live down the street so he isn't too far away. Up to now I have said I will drop him off at 5pm so I can get ready in peace and then collect him at lunchtime the next day so I can sleep off my hangover and catch up on some much needed sleep. Usually on a night out, before we had Nathan, we would go back to a friends house and carry on until the small hours. That is an option as a friend has invited us back but I think I may also take advantage of having uninterrupted sleep and a good 8 hours solid kip hopefully LOL! Will see on the night. Likelihood is I will stay up late, feel like death the next day but be dying to see Nathan so collect him at 10am and just get through the day on junk food and cuddles with my little boy LOL! It will be hard leaving him and probably feel like I have lost my right arm but we need to start sometime. I actually enjoyed his grandparents taking him for a walk on Saturday morning for an hour or so as meant I could get ready and do a quick tidy up so when he got back I could devote all my time to him.

Well as I said Nathan seems OK this morning so will see how he gets on before giving him teething gel. Maybe it was just the heat and we didn't take him out yesterday until tea time so maybe he was actually bored sat in the house and just wanted to do something other than chilling in the living room.

I'm going to take him out today for a long walk and also need to nip to Argos to pick up a playnest. Glad the weather is getting cooler. Although I love sunny weather I don't think Nathan liked the heat plus I won't feel so paranoid now about him overheating and debating what clothes to wear LOL!

I gave him a bath this morning and it was soooooo much better than evening time. He woke up at about 6am, all smiles, had a feed, a brief kip and then when he woke again at about 8am I decided to bath him before giving him his next bottle. He seemed to enjoy it and I got a smile and he didn't even cry when I took him out and dried him :thumbsup2: , so I will do the same again tomorrow and see how he is and if all is well this will probably be our new morning routine and I will top and tail him in the evening before putting his PJ's on. After his bottle he was then content lying in his cot staring at his mobile while I had a quick shower. By the time I got out he was getting a bit grumpy so I moved him to my room and lay him on the bed and he watched me dry me hair, which he seems to like, plus the white noise keeps him quiet. He then started getting tired so I put him down to sleep and he has just woke up.

Hope everyone else is well?

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 12:42pm

Lots going on here! I started a reply on Friday...that'll teach me to put things off!

Rocky - LOL! Like your style! Yeah, shouldn't see why a carrier wouldn't be just as good. I've got a sling, and my DH has got a carrier like the sort you've got. R is quiet in either and falls fast asleep facing inwards in the carrier. My motto - "if in doubt, try it out!"

AG - good to hear that Norway is an easy place to BF. And also that things are getting easier too. Nothing wrong with wanting a lie in either…lack of sleep makes it really hard to stay healthy and happy.

Baby staying out - R won't be staying out for a loooong time. Sorry, call me selfish but I'm not into sharing my babe lots yet. DH and I want her with us as much as possible. To be honest, its more common for our families to have grandkids for the afternoon or day, rather than the night and her grandparents want to be able to do activities together her, like take her to the zoo, rather than look after a young baby. Saying that though, the mums love babysitting (its only ever been for a couple of hours at a time) reading stories and taking her for a walk. If anyone looks after her, its on my terms and when I want them to, not when they expected.

Teething - R chews at her hands and dribbles. My mum says its teething, others say she's hungry, other say she's wanting to start eating.
I really don't know what it is but I don't like the thought of her being sore so occasionally put a smear of Calgel on her gums. Even if she doesn't need pain relief, she likes the taste and has a gnaw on my fingers when I do it.

Booboo - my R is 17 weeks old, so probably about 5 weeks older than yours and its only this weekend she has started taking 6oz. Before that it would be 5oz every 3 - 3.5 hours. If her current eating pattern is suiting you both, then why change it? I have noticed that if her feed was a bit late, so approaching the 4 hours mark (usually if we've been out - activities always seem to keep her mind off her stomach), then she will eat more. But, I couldn't see the benefit of getting her to eat fewer, larger meals. She still ends up with the same amount per day so I went with her preference.

Hoping - hope you had a good weekend with N. There must be some baby training session that goes on - "if your mum/dad is a control freak, then you might need to persevere to get her into your routine". Mine has broken my controlling and planning habit of a lifetime in a few short months. I didn't try the dream feed only because I've only just found out what one really is, and by that time, she was sleeping a good stretch anyway. Last night we went out and she fell asleep without finishing her bottle, so when I was transferring her from her car seat to the moses basket, I tried her with the rest of her bottle and she had a couple of sucks and fell off it.

Shelley - good to hear you had a good break? You mentioned chlorine - did you take O swimming? R loves swimming, which is weird as
she wasn't hugely keen on her bath. Ollies weight - sounds like he's a hungry man! Is your Health Visitor helpful at all? Nowt wrong with being an obsessive mum hun, nothing at all.

Sorry if I've missed anyone or any topics, I've gotta dash and get a few things done…its really hard to get a whole list of chores done now! What used to take me an afternoon is now taking me three days. Does anyone have car stuff to get sorted likes MOT , tax or insurance? I forgot all about mine and am now rushing round to try and get it all sorted and back on the road.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 12:51pm

Wrote a long post but it didn't post!!

Hoping - we have no real routine. All I can say is that Harry needs feeding every 3 hours during the day and during night can go 4 or even 5 hrs on good night. My routine is feeding then pumping (or other way round) the cuddles/talk and then he usualy drops off to sleep eventually. The evenings are worst - sometimes he can be awake from 5 or 6 and doesn't realy settle until 10.30pm. He needs feeding more and just takes little bits and he goes from being OK and happy to screaming - and this can go on all night! Re BD - not an issue as DP is female (thought everyone knew that from early days). However, I am not right down there - thought I would be after 7 weeks, but feel really big and still have to be v careful with washing etc. Sometimes still get a little blood from where the stitches came out. Can't wait to get back to normal. Maybe Nathan is starting teething. Seems strange that he was almost in a routine and settled and then all of a sudden is being difficult. Could be the heat though. Harry has had no blankets for past 3 nights - just in a vest or bodysuit and seems warm enough!

AG - glad the BF is going so well and sounds like its well accepted tere. I'm still having so many problems but would do it in public if not. Like Booboo said, I have trouble attaching harry and he cries and fights with me so I would feel self conscious if out at the moment. I would keep expressing as well and trying a bottle because if you don't introduce one early enough, some babies will never take one. You could always let DH give her expressed milk from a little cup or bottle top - they can lick it up like jittens apparantly - but might take ages to feed!

Booboo - I think you're right about not wanting Lydia to stay out all night. You do what feels right for you. Sounds like your mum is excited though and I'm sure that at some point you'll be happy with her staying over - so your mum will get use out of the cot.

Shelley - I wouldn't worry about Ollie's weight unless HV says anything. Some babies grow faster than others. When he starts solids if you're still concerned you can always be careful with the types of foods you give him then - but I'm sure it's not an issue. One thing I wonder though is when they get that big - how are you supposed to bF? Harry is already getting heavy for me and he's only about 9lbs (last time he was weighed was a couple of weeks ago though).

Elizmac - how you getting on - not heard from you for a while. You're probably out and about by now and too busy to post. Hope things are OKx

Still having massive problems with the feeding and Harry had one of the unsettled evenings last night. He eventually went down at 9.30pm but that was from about 5pm - and I'm just knackered all the time. Trying to feed him from the breast more rather than expressing as it's so much quicker...but I'm really sore again. Were thinking of going away for a few nights in a couple of weeks. DP's parents have offered to lend us their caravan. Now this sounds great andit would be nice to have a break a see something other than my house!...but I do worry because how will we go on if he's screaming - I'm sure the other campers won't appreciate it. What would you all do? He'll be 10 weeks by the time we'd be going but he's so unpredictable so I couldn't say if things will be any better with him by then? Motherhood is such hard work isn't it?

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 1:40pm

Rocky - I would go to the caravan if I were you. The break away from home may do you and Harry the world of good and you may find he sleeps like a dream. I wouldn't worry about the other people on the site. My mum and dad use to have a caravan and I don't recall hearing noise from other caravans that had children in. I can't wait to feel like normal again down there. Do you know what I have noticed too from the forceps delivery? Nathan has a very faint scar on his cheek from it and also his left eye doesn't appear to open as fully as his right. I wonder if the forceps have caused this? They are so rough aren't they with forceps? He had such an angry red scar when he was born, it was awful to think they clamped a big metal device around his head. Poor thing.

Motherhood is hard work but I wouldn't change it for the world. I just wish someone would've warned me that babies can cry and cry for no reason at all. I knew babies cried but naively thought they could be easily soothed with a cuddle or food. That isn't the case. Saying that when Nathan smiles I soon forget about his crying episodes.

I have a question, prompted by Shelley mentioning swimming. When can I take my LO swimming? Is it after their 12 week immunisations? DH can't wait to take Nathan and I think it will be a great way for them to bond.

Just bought a playnest for Nathan. Hopefully he will like it. We have a playmat but he isn't that interested in it yet plus it lies flat and I want to try and keep him more upright to prevent his head getting any flatter. DH calls him Lego head LOL!

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 2:45pm

Hoping - I've been told here that I can take my LO swimming after her 3 month immunisations, so I would assume it is the same in the UK, but worth checking. We are actually getting her immunisations in a couple of weeks at 8 weeks instead of 12, as we want to travel with her and the health visitor said it was ok. What is a playnest? So pleased that the morning bath worked out better for your LO.

Rocky - Definitely take the caravan trip - will be lovely for you to get away and you never know the change of scenery might be good for you LO. They say sometimes it can be. The break will do you all the world of good - sounds like a lovely idea and i'd grab it!! LO has been sleeping in vest these past few night as well - it has been so warm! She seemed fine though. Last night I put her in a baby gro only as it was a bit chillier, but her temperature seemed fine. Thanks for the tips RE: feeding from a cup. I am going to persevere with her, but I suspect she may just be one of these babies who won't take a bottle or a dummy. We have tried her with a dummy since day 1 and a bottle a couple of times probably at around 2 and 4 weeks, but she's just not interested. I'm living in hope and will keep trying!! I think it sounds like you have a great feeding routine for your little one with 3 hours during the day and 4-5 at night. Although I do totally understand the whole unsettled thing from around 5-late. My LO is the same - I wonder when if ever she'll go down at 7pm! I think we are fairly sorted at night (as in between 11/12 and 5/6), but during the day is a different matter altogether! At the moment I feel like she is never off the breast, but never feeding for very long and so then needs fed again soon. I do think that my LO relies on the breast for comfort a lot as sometimes she wants on and I don't feel like she is taking much if any milk, then she's asleep!

Chillimint - I've got a sling and a carrier too and want to get cracking with those, but wondering if my LO is still a little small for the carrier. When did you put your LO in there? The sling is great, but just worked out how to fold it as a friend lent me it with no instructions!

Shelley - I am the same. DH and I refer to my wound as our LO's gateway to the world! That makes me feel great about it everytime thinking that our LO came through there. I'm the same as you - I have a fold where the cut is. Well done for losing the weight so fast, I would say LO is 6 weeks today and I still have a bit of weight to lose. I'm a size 12, whereas I was prob more a 10/12 before and because my hips and waist seem a bit bigger am not fitting back into my normal clothes comfortably. I got my Mum to bring me over a few lovely dresses from Next (size 12 petite) and they are just fantastic. Hide a multitude of sins and I feel much better about myself in them. Also, they button down the front, so good for feeding too. Pleased you had a great time away!

BooBoo - I can totally understand you being consious if LO is having some issues with latching. Thankfully my LO is fine with that, so breast feeding is discrete. I've done it in a few bus stops on long walks, near the lake in town and in various eating places. I must admit to being a little nervous about coming back to the UK and doing it in public though. I come from a small place and I can just imagine the stares! A friend of mine told me though that apparantly there is a law about breastfeeding in public in Scotland, so you cannot be asked to not do it in cafes etc. I don't object to the thumb sucking either - I was a thumb sucker until I was about 10, which I know is awful, but it was just at night when I went to bed after about the age of 7! Thanks for the tips RE:putting LO to bed - does she settle totally at 7pm and sleep all night? That is my aim with Norah! Does she sleep in her cot in your room or still in a moses basket. I would love to put Norah into her cot, but our room is a bit small to fit it in - maybe I should have re-thought all the bedroom furniture I bought! I also still want her in our room for a while, so moses basket it will have to be. We have a sound/video monitor and the angelcare movement one, so I think I will feel at ease about it all!! DH has been working with them today, so i'll be trying the 7pm down to see how it goes - fingers crossed. To be honest I really wouldn't have bothered with the movement monitor, but when it is just me on my own for some reason I feel so much more nervous about her and check on her ALL the time! You are not being unreasonable about not wanting your LO to stay over so young. You stick to your guns and only do that when you feel comforable. You won't have a good night anyway if you are not ready to do it. You Mum sounds great wanting to be so involved, but I can see where it can get a little too much too. I also totally get you on the smoking. My Gran smokes and I am not planning on visiting anytime soon - I will get DH to pick her up and come to us when we go home.

AFM - Norah slept from 10pm-5am last night, so I was pleased with that - that is 2 times this week she's done that. Tonight after her bath i'm going to try her upstairs and see how she goes - wish me luck!! Got my 6 week check tomorrow at the GP and I fear she may give me a smear test too as I was due one when I fell pregnant. Feel like i'm falling apart a little at the moment as having trouble with my wisdom teeth, got the dentist on Wednesday to finish a root canal job that they did at 38 weeks and i've been having some dizzy spells. Think it may be lack of food and sleep and all the strains of breastfeeding on the body though. I've also really hurt my wrists from using them too much and putting too much weight on them when getting up, so as not to hurt my wound. Now with all the lifting of Lo they are not getting a chance to heal properly.

I'm loving being a Mum totally and if i'm honest am already thinking about number 2! I would be more than happy with just the one, if we are unable to have any more, but the only thing holding me back from not trying again very soon is making sure that my c-section scar is properly sorted and strong enough to withstand another pregnancy. I think our clinic want you to wait 9-12 months before trying again, but we will try naturally first. I do agree with all you ladies - it is hard work! The hardest, most important and most rewarding job i've ever hard. Bloody hell - better go DH has just started up the jigsaw and cutting through wood in the hall for LO's moses basket. The sound monitor has to be on a hard surface. Thankfully - LO seems to be sleeping through it - at the moment!!

Thanks so much lovely ladies - I really and truly mean it when I say that I don't know what I would do without you lot just now. xxx

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 4:24pm

Oh my goodness the baby wrap sling thing is amazing! Don't know why I didn't take it out sooner - LO loves it and was snoozing away big time. Would be great for the supermarket too.xxx

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 6:37pm

Swimming - I looked at the baby swimming schools (eg Waterbabies, Puddle ducks) who said they take babies from birth and also called a couple of council swimming pools who said babies could use the pools from birth but whenever parents are ready to take them. I took R to a council pool at 8 weeks old and have taken her at least once a week since then.

Hoping - I think we put R in the carrier at 4 weeks old? She looked very small and fragile but slept all the way around the supermarket!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chillimint" (Oct 3rd 2011, 6:41pm)

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 8:52pm

Cheers for the info re swimming. I have told DH and he is super excited about taking Nathan.

I have a baby carrier but not a sling. I tried him in it at about 6 weeks and he screamed and haven't tried since but may do now he is starting to hold his head up more though he will still have to face my chest won't he or can he face out at 10 weeks? I will check the instructions. It's a baby bjorn one. I could do with a sling for when I'm in the house as this afternoon he just wanted me to hold him and walk around, he cried if I put him down or sat down with him and only seemed content when I held him and walked around. I had him facing out so he could look around at things. He is super nosy. When I feed him his eyes are scanning everything in the room.

AG - a playnest is a rubber ring covered in colourful fabric so he can sit / lie in the middle of it. Some of them have toybars attached but mine doesn't, it just has different textures on sections of the ring for him to feel. Funny you mention smear tests as I have had a letter today saying I'm due one. I am going to put it off a month or two though as the thought of someone scraping my cervix at the moment makes my eyes water. I think it would be even more painful as I'm sure I am still bruised inside from the forceps and delivery. BD hurt the other day so want to ensure I am fully healed. I think I will ring the docs to let them know that I don't want one yet and hopefully it will be OK.

Well Nathan has been really good today. When he has cried I have been able to soothe him so that's good, even if I did have to stand holding him while he stared around the room for a while LOL! He has me wrapped around his little finger already but I know I will need to be a bit tougher as he gets older. While he is still young though and doesn't really understand I don't mind plus it's all quality time with him.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 11:13pm

Hi ladies.
I am enjoying all the tips and hearing how everyone is getting into routines etc.
When can babies go swimming?
Also I just have to say how fab my apron towel is. It is ideal for getting Mimi out of the bath.
I got it from Amazon. Its superb and will do for years as its huge. Its great that you can wear it around your neck while bathing and you dont need a hand for the towel and a hand for the baby. Ideal when its just one person bathing baby.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their babs. It is highly tiring but incredibly rewarding isnt it?
X

[zx071]
MY DIARY

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 12:45pm

Sorry to butt in but G had a tooth at 9 weeks, ouchy!! I used the powders on him and they worked really well, he hated bonjela!!

In relation to weight George was a massively chunky baby, Id need to check my diary but he was big, broke my back to carry him, he was lovely and squishy though. once he started walking it slowed and now hes 2.5 stone and has been for about a year, he just grows up, dont worry too much. x

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 2:15pm

Hi all,

Had another difficult eve last night. Harry was awake from 5pm until about 10.30pm. He then slept really well though until 3am.
AG - sounds like you've cracked it with the sling. I've had Harry in my carrier a couple of times but it hurts your back after a while! Do you mind if I ask you about BF? Harry wakes up crying when he's hungry so I find it difficult to latch him on well - is Norah not like this? It's v difficult to get a crying baby on well. Any tips?

Hoping - funny you should say about Nathan's scar. Harry came out v bruised on his face and his right eye is still red. Not sure whether this is the forceps or a birth mark. And speaking of bruising inside...I definitely have that. To the extent that sometimes my bottom still hurts. I told the MW while I was still in hospital as I couldn't understand why my bum was sore. She said it was due to being put in stirrups after the spinal block - so maybe an iffy position with pressure where it shouldn't have been. Anyway I couldn't sleep on my back for weeks afterwards and even now if I spend too long on my back I staart to feel bruised again.

I'm also having one of those days. Harry cries everytime i put him down but will happily fall asleep in my arms. Don't know why it's like this some days. Also Harry's hair is falling out - there are bits of it all over hos mattress. Best go, he's waking up now xx

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 3:47pm

Rocky - Your little Harry sounds so much like my Norah today! Don't worry it is perfectly normal - I think! I'm sorry you are going through the same, but I'm a little reassured that maybe this is just a stage for us. Norah has been doing the same and was up for 3 hours in the night doing this too. She is very happy to fall asleep on me, but as soon as I put her down I can give her 5-10 mins max and she is up again. I put it down to either 1. She is wanting to be close to me just now. or 2. She is having some trouble with wind/gas coming back up and it is making her uncomfortable lying on her back. I'm trying to just go with it, but it is very tiring when she is like this!

On the breastfeeding - it is very difficult to get a crying baby latched on - I agree! Fortunately Norah doesn't have any latching issues and if she is crying a lot I just stick my boob into her open mouth and she latches on as soon as her little mouth closes around it. Not sure if that is what i'm supposed to do, but it works for us. Do you use a breastfeeding pillow? What I try to do often is to see the signals for Norah stirring and waking and pick her up before she goes into the full blown cry, that way she is still a little sleep and latches on really well, but with no crying, but I have to say sometimes I have to undo her clothes to keep her awake for a feed when I do this. Norah's hair is falling out too - she's like a little old man with a bald patch at the top of her head!!

You are doing a wonderful job Rocky - it is hard when they are like this, but it will pass - I hope! I seem to have a good day followed by a bad day at the moment!!

AFM - Norah is up to 4290g, which is about 9llb 5oz I think, so we are pleased with that. I think she is putting on good weight for a breast fed baby. I'm feeling super tired today after being up in the night and her not settling well during the day, but it is all part and parcel!! Feeling a bit grumpy if truth be told and DH is annoying me for no particular reason!! Had my 6 week check today, which was a bit of a waste of time to be honest, although they have tested my thyroid and checking my blood as i've been having some dizzy spells. Going to go and take Norah out for a walk to see if she will settle any better. Love to you all xxx

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 5:48pm

Taxi - I read that babies can go swimming whenever parents are ready to take them, so the choice is yours. They don't necessarily have to have immunisations if parents would like to take them before. I read this on the baby swimming school websites so I figured that I'd go with their advice. I waited until R was 8 weeks old but only as I was still bleeding until then x

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 8:56pm

Hoping - does nathan like his playnest? lydia loves hers. we put her in it next to the sofa when we eat tea so she can be close to us and watch...lol. we have a pillow under the mat inside the ring bit so she's laying on it rather than sitting just yet. glad nathan has had a better day, maybe it was the warm weather upsetting him. i know what u mean about letting them wrap u round there finger while they are little. i sometimes worry though about setting bad habits. i noticed that L's been falling asleep on her last bottle before bed so we put her to bed asleep so tonight i winded her upright so she woke up so i could put her to bed awake so she could put herself to sleep. it worked and she fell asleep herself no trouble so i was happy about that. are u taking nathan swimming soon then? i'm going to take L after her next injections, i can't wait xxx

AG - i put L to bed at 7 and then give her a dream feed at 10 (she's normally stirring for a feed by then anyway) and then she wakes between every 2-4 hours for a feed. i am no where near her sleeping through. she's really bad at waking for a feed in the night. every night is different but she is a grazer and likes to eat little and often so there's been no full nights sleep for me yet! she sleeps in my room at the moment next to my side of the bed in a crib. she has a cotbed in her nursery but that wouldn;t have fit in our room so i had to buy the crib. we have a moses basket in the living room but she doesn;t really nap in it much anymore, she sleeps better upstairs where there's no distractions. i bet norah will do really well if you put her in a bed time routine cos it sounds like once she's settled she does really well going sleeping through. did u try her last night putting her upstairs to bed before yourselves? hope it went well. xxx

rocky - sorry to hear harry has been unsettled again, bless him. lydie got really upset this evening, i think she was overtired cos she was awake from 3pm until her bedtime at 7. its awful when they are so upset. L hair fell out onto her cot sheets too. they always get a little patch at the back of their heads where it rubs off..lol. are u taking the trip away on the caravan then? i would if i were you. i bet the change of scenary and been out and about will be good for H. xxxx

hiya to everyone else and hope u and LO's are all ok.

last night we tried L in her cot in her own room. she went down fine but we put her in after a bottle and she was asleep so i think that might have had something to do with it. i then was going to do a dream feed at 10pm but she was waking up anyway so she had a normal feed and then she woke up at 1.30am and 4am for a feed. she then also woke at 6am but i managed to soothe her back to sleep and put her in the crib in our bedroom until 7am. so she didn;t seem anymore upset than if she was in her crib in our room. the reason i tried her in her own room was because i thought maybe i was waking her up in the night with me tossing and turning and thats why she never slept through. but it seems she still wakes up even in her own room so it can't be me or dh thats waking her up.

also for a few days i've been writing down the time she eats and how many ounze she manages. it looks like she isn;t having enough milk through the day and thats why she's waking with genuine hunger at night. for instance today she's only had 16.5 ounze of milk all day sinse 7am...thats no where near enough even if i include the 4oz she'll drink later at 10pm. so i know full well she'll get hungry through the night. what can i do though?! she won;t take more than 5oz on a good feed and sometimes she has only 2 then wants another feed 2 hours later. i was thinking of trying to just soothe her if she wakes anytime after 4am so by 7am at get up time she'll really want her breakfast and have a full 4 or 5oz. cos at the moment she's only having 2.5oz when we get up at 7am so its not like she was that hungry. its like she has her night and day mixed up for feeding cos she takes more through the night than during the day. any ideas how i can sort this without upsetting her too much?

so tongiht she is back in our room cos the sleeping in her own room didn't help her sleep better and i want to sort out the frequent night feeds before she's in her own room properly.i want to sort out one thing at a time so not to upset her. plus i think she was ok in there because she was asleep already when we put her down. i'm going to let her nap more in there during the day then she will get used to it for sleeping in on her own on a night.

i got her weighed this morning. she is now 14lbs8oz which is quite big for 12 weeks. she was following the 75th centile but has now gone up to the 91st sinse i stopped BFing and now formula feed the little chunky monkey. i was paranoid i feed her too much but after writing down her feeds she isn;t having the maximum amount so i can't be. plus if i distract her and she goes longer between feeds during the day she'll still only take about 4oz and then she won;t get what she needs through the day so wakes up hungry at night. its so hard getting it right.

today i let my mum and step dad have L for a couple of hours. my mums been really wanting to have her so i thought i'd ease myself into been without L and said she could have her for a couple of hours. i managed to do my ironing and my floors while she was gone and my mum brought her back at 2.30 on the dot so not a minute late..lol. my mum had taken her shopping so she also came back with 3 outfits for L so that was really nice. the only thing was that L had slept for the whole 2 and a half hours my mum had her so she wouldn;t sleep then until bedtime and then got overtired. but she's in bed now so hopefully no harm done and and my mum got to take her on an adventure (no that she noticed cos she was sleeping the whole time).

anyway think i've rambled on enough tongiht. i'm buzzing on caffeine. my dh bought me a cappucino machine for my b.day and i'm now addicted. i've had 3 today :8o: but its good to keep me awake after my night shifts....lol.

BTW...think we should rename this thread 'new mummy chatter' ...heehee :thumbsup:

:xxx3: blowkiss :xxx3:

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 4th 2011, 9:32pm

Rocky - re the pain in your bottom what type of pain is it? Does it feel like piles? I think I have piles but at my check up at the hospital she said I didn't have it. I've never had piles before so not 100% sure what they feel like but all I know is it hurts sometimes to go to the loo and then it will be very sore afterwards. Could that be from me having forceps and a spinal block? Also, do you find that your legs ache more? If I am knelt down changing Nathan or talking to him while he is lay on his mat I get really stiff and achey in my legs and I never had this before. It's like they sieze up.

Can't remember who was asking about weight but I still have a podgy belly from the pregnancy. I think I would need to do a 1000 sit ups a day to try and tone it back up LOL! Also I still have the line that runs down the middle, which looks a lot darker than it did when Nathan was inside me. I hope it fades.

Well today Nathan has been brilliant. I expect I will have good days and bad and the past two have been good smile2 I bathed him again this morning and he loved it, all smiles and no crying. He was then tired so I put him in his cot for his morning nap (usually at 10am) and he fell into a lovely deep sleep whereas usually he only manages half an hour or so (wonder if the bath helps?). At 12pm I decided to bring him downstairs and put him in his chair to see if he would wake up but he slept for another hour until I woke him for his feed as it was getting onto 4 hours since his last one. I know they say you shouldn't let them sleep for that long during the day but TBH it was nice to have that break and he woke up in a brilliant mood and has remained in that mood all day. He fell asleep when I took him for a walk at 2pm and again after his bottle at 4pm. He was dozing on the bottle and when he finished he was content to lie in my arms and fall asleep so I let him and then woke him at 6pm so I could top and tail him, do a nappy change and have a bit of play time before taking him up at 7pm. Because he slept he didn't cry before bed and went down no problem and is sleeping peacefully now. I'm wondering if he is having another growth spurt as it usually makes him tired. I actually think that the more sleep Nathan has the better he is and I think he likes his sleep LOL! A bit like his father!

AG - I have grumpy days too hun and DH can get on my nerves for no particular reason LOL! Perfectly normal to feel like that. Hope the walk settled Norah x

Booboo - not tried Nathan in his playnest yet as I can't blow it up. It doesn't come with a pump and DH and I haven't got enough energy to blow up ourselves LOL! I hope he likes it. I thought he would like his playmat but he isn't overly keen on it yet so hopefully the ring will be better plus I like the fact that he can sit more upright in it. I got super excited today knowing I can get one of those bouncers you hang from the doorframe at 3 months. I definitely want one of them for him. I have a picture of me as a baby in one and mum said I loved it so hopefully he will too plus it'll get him use to standing on his feet. He already has strong legs and when I hold him up he stretches his legs out and pushes his feet against the floor to straighten them.

Re the amount you feed Lydie I woldn't worry too much if she is putting on weight. Imagine how much she'd weigh if she was getting the amount they recommend LOL?! I have never tallied up Nathan's feeds. I'm sure if he wanted more food he would let me know. He only has 5 ounces a couple of times a day, all the other feeds vary from 2.5 - 4 ounces, depending when his last feed was. If he goes more than 3 hours he does take more and I do try and make him go that long but sometimes he wants feeding sooner so I let him.

I think I may do a dream feed tonight, even though I said I would let him wake up for it and let me know. I am hoping it will make him sleep between the hours of midnight and 6am but up to now it hasnt worked but I guess you have to keep trying and as he gets older he will want to sleep for longer - hopefully!! xfingers

Well done for parting with Lydie for 2 hours LOL! I am going to let DH's dad take him for a walk again at weekend so I can tidy the house and DH wants to go to the gym, so might as well take advantage of it. Not that I get any rest as I use the time to catch up on chores LOL!

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 11:39am

Hi all,

Booboo - good that you let your mum have Lydie for a bit - I'm sure it will keep her off your back a bit now about staying over etc...and at least it meant you could get some things done - although I don't think I'd have bothered cleaning if someone gave me a break! I know what you mean about the amount of food. All the books say if they wake too often in the night then they are not getting enough in the day - but you can't force them to eat. I'm the same with Harry. He does eat well enough but I can't do a dream feed as he just won't have it if he doesn't want it. Yes, I think we are going to go away. But only for 3 night - 1 night at DP's parents house and 2 in the caravan. Will probably have to pack a huge suitcase just for Harry! We talked about it last night and just thought that a change of scenery will do us all good - even if we don't manage to do much except sit in the caravan - at least all the stresses of being at home wil be gone (cleaning etc!!).

Hoping - piles you would be able to feel when you wash yourself - they are like little swollen bits just outside your bum hole IYKWIM. Piles can come and go so it may be that you have them sometimes when you strain - I'm the same. The forceps wouldn't havecaused piles but the pushing before certainly would have. I've had a couple of episodes of bad constipation lately and now keep drinking loads of water - can't bear for that to happen again. The sore bum I'm on about is not piles. It's almost where my bum bone is and deep inside as though I've had a fall or something and am bruised. I bathed Harry yesterday (on my own!) and he didn't cry - wouldn't say he loved it though. The only reason I bathed him was because I was trying to give him 5mins nappy free time on his changing mat - but of course he weed - a lot - and it was all over him and his hair was soaking so I thought he needed a bath.

Harry is the same again today. He will not let me put him down - he will go to sleep on me but cries if I try and put him down. He is also suffering with wind - but trumps rather than burps. He's been groaning and trumping in his sleep. It seems to hurt him to get them out - and there's lots of them! Started him on infacol again because he's been so bad. Anyway off to the hosp for the BF suport clinic again now - although not sure why I'm bothering as it never gets any easier! Hope all mummies and babies are well xx

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 11:57am

We had a good night last night - it seems to be like that! She didn't settled until midnight, but was only up once. One good night and then another more unsettled! The problem I am having is getting her down at night - it was midnight before she was settled and she really didn't sleep much in the evening beforehand. We have been using the movement monitor and I am sleeping much better, which is great. I was waking and checking on her so much before!

Booboo - We hadn't got ourselves organised to get her upstairs, but we have now, so tonight will be our first night. We've got the video/sound monitor charged and set up and I plan to leave her moses basket upstairs from now on. She'll sleep in the pram during the day downstairs. She'll have her usual bath at 6, monster feed and then I hope she'll go down at 7. At the moment I think it is wishful thinking!! Pleased you got a bit of a break sweetie and it will be good for your Mum as she loves to be so involved.

Hoping - I still have the line down my belly and mine is darker too. I was told it was due to breastfeeding and that it would go once I stopped feeding. I still have a bit of a podgy belly too!

Rocky - Hope the breastfeeding clinic goes well sweetie and pleased to hear you are going to go away. The break will be well needed.

I've been at the dentist today to get my root canal finished off. I need a crown which is going to cost the earth, but it serves me right for not going to the dentist for about 6 years! DH managed well with LO and thinks we are putting her on the boob too quickly if she gets upset. I know that this is proably the case, but I just can't bear to hear her cry and I know that she gets a lot of comfort from the breast, as well as food. She is in the pram just now and i'm was trying to leave her a little longer to try to settle, but I just couldn't, so picked her up and gave her some more food. She is now sleeping and i'm going to try to not feed her until at least 3 again. Let's see how long she sleeps for!! I think she is probably stirring already. xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 3:57pm

Rocky - yeah I thought the piles would be from the strain of pushing. I need to drink more water. I did when I was pregnant but since having Nathan I have replaced it with coffee LOL! I never drank caffiene or coffee before I had Nathan. Glad you're getting away for a few days, it'll do you the world of good I'm sure. Hope the BF clinic went well. You're very good still trying despite being sore. I would've give up by now. Nathan is like that sometimes when passing wind. I always use gripe water or dentinox with every feed as without it I think he would be very uncomfortable. He sometimes cries when I try to wind him, which I know is down to trapped wind. I've mastered winding him though without him making a fuss - I just plonk him on my knee, holding him upright and he watches Disney Junior TV, which he seems engrossed by, especially Mickey Mouse LOL! It really does take his mind off the pain. Hopefully when Harry is a bit older he will pay more attention to the TV or objects so to distract him, if he isn't already.

AG - I sometimes feed Nathan if nothing else will settle him, even if he only fed an hour or so before. If it means a bit of peace and quiet then so be it. Probably not helping matters but like you I hate hearing him cry.

Well I'm not sure if Nathan is having a growth spurt this week but he is very sleepy. Yesterday he slept loads and today I've been to my parents and he slept all the way there, and didn't wake when we got there apart from when I woke him for his bottle. I was hoping he'd give them lots of smiles but he seemed very tired and like he just wanted to sleep. As soon as I got in the car to come home he fell asleep again and is still asleep now. I know I should probably wake him but he is a such happier baby when he has had plenty of sleep. He is due a feed within the next half hour so I will wake him for that and hopefully he'll be in a happy mood so we can have some quality play time before I take him for a walk.

I tried a dream feed last night and I actually think it makes him worse in the night. I dream fed him at 10pm but he peed on himself when I changed his nappy so I had to change his clothes, which woke him up more so wasn't exactly a dream feed LOL! He then woke at about 2:30am for a feed and again at 5:30am. I tried his dummy but he kept spitting it out so I knew he was hungry. If I don't dream feed him and leave him to wake up on his own, he will go to bed at 7pm, wake some time between 12 and 2am, and then again between 5 and 7am.. It is just frustrating when he wakes up just before 6am for a feed as I'm torn between feeding him and putting him back in his basket and continue sleeping for an hour or two or taking him downstairs given it's been almost 12 hours since he went to bed. What do others do? Do you have a set time in the morning when you take them downstairs or do you just see what time they wake up for a feed?

Speaking of feeding he is waking for his next one so best go.

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 5:27pm

Hey everyone,

AG - brilliant night! Even though she didn't settle till late. Harry is exactly like that - late to settle but when eventually settled sems to sleep for 4-5hrs. It's good when the timing means he's only up once but most of the time it's twice!! Realy feel for you with the root canal. I need to go to the dentist. I've had root canal twice but didn't have crowns put on at the time and when I was pregnant both of the teeth cracked. The dentist wouldn't do anything while I was pregnant so I should go and get them sorted now. Where is the time though???

Hoping - meant to say before. I still have the line down my stomach as well and mine also seems darker. I also have a jell belly. 2 weeks after giving birth I had pretty much got back to normal size although my waist was bigger. But now I think I've put a bit of weight on and my stomach is very soft and squishy. Think the weight gain is prob due to being stuck in all the time (cos of our feeding issues) and being fed up so I have probably comfort ate too many biscuits - never ate biscuits before having Harry!! Like you with the caffiene. Your dream feed made me laugh - having to chanhe Nathan. Harry is the same - I can count on him to 'perform' at most nappy changes. I hold tissue over his willy but then usually turn to get something....and there it is!! It can be really frustrating - especially during the night when he's wailing for food and then he wees all over himself - slows the quick nappy change down.

At the BF clinic they have taken some more swabs to see if I have a bacterial infection now. Hopefully results will be back Friday or if not on Monday. Really need to get this sorted now. BF Harry while I was ther and typically it wasn't too bad - it's always the same and is just difficult when I'm at home. Oh well, I will perservere for a little longer xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 8:02pm

Rocky - you sound exactly like me. I too got back down to my normal size but over the weeks and eating lots of chocolate and going hours without food and then eating something huge means I have slowly put on weight again, about 5 pounds. I have a squidgy belly also. I go walking every day with Nathan in the pram but it doesn't seem to be helping, well maybe it's stopping me pile on more LOL!

Yeah that's the only problem with boys, their wee goes everywhere LOL! Nathan peed in the bath yesterday morning, fortunately after I had washed his hair, and he peed again this morning but just as I put him in so I had to quickly take him back out. I didn't bother filling the bath again to do another bath. I can tell when he is having a wee as he purses his lips, he looks so cute. We've also had poo fly at us a couple of times :laugh: , usually because we have changed him too soon and he hasn't quite finished so when we wipe his bum it must stimulate it so another load flies out. Fortunately DH was in the firing line both times!! laugh1

I hope the test you had is OK and you don't have an infection anyway hun.

Dentist - I haven't been for a couple of years as I hate it. I didn't even take advantage of getting free dental care while pregnant. I try to avoid it as much as I can. I only went a couple of years ago because I wanted them cleaned for my wedding.

I wanted to ask another question, which is probably very silly. When we take them swimming do they wear a nappy? The reason I ask is surely it will swell up from the water, like it does when it has wee in. Does that matter? Or do they just wear trunks and we pray they don't wee or poo in the pool LOL?! I feel silly asking this but I genuinely don't know and have never before paid attention to what baby's have on under their trunks on holiday.

Well I am hoping Nathan sleeps well tonight as he has slept loads today. I won't be doing a dream feed so will see what time he wakes up for his next feed. He went to bed at 7pm no problem and was falling asleep on the bottle.

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 8:32pm

Well night one of trying to get our LO to settle upstairs has not been the most successful, but she has now settled for the meantime!! She definitely has problems with wind as she fed really, really well and was super sleepy when we tried to put her down, but as soon as she is on her back it is like she is really uncomfortable. DH was with her for upstairs for ages trying to put her down, but the same story -everytime she was put down, even if she was asleep then she'd rouse. I went up and took over and she is finally asleep. I suppose we all have to start somewhere and hopefully tomorrow evening will be a bit easier and the next and so on! Hopefully!! Only on very few occasions has she put herself to sleep. How do you do this? Do you just put your little one into bed awake and they fall asleep with no tears? Are there tears and if so, what do you do?

Hoping - not sure about the swimming thing, but would like to know as well!! I do know that you can buy swimming nappies in the nappy section of the supermarkets, so I had always assumed that this was to put on underneath and maybe they didn't expand so much or something?! Not sure, but will watch for an answer as we want to take LO swimming as soon as she has had her injections, which she is getting in a couple of weeks. Pleased Harry is enjoying his bath - wee man.

Rocky - pleased they were helpful at the clinic and are doing what they can to help you. Maybe this will be a bit of a turn around for your LO now - fingers crossed. It must be difficult for you if he isn't feeding well and then not settling. I know that just having my LO not settle is hard enough. You're doing a great job.

Now I should be doing some housework, but I just really need some time for me! DH is making me a cuppa and i'm going to chill out for half and hour before bed. Where does the day go! xxx

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 9:33pm

Hiya ladies,
All systems go on here and great hearing how everyone is getting - good and bad as it's means we can all know that things are not perfect all of the time!
I'm the same with the weight ladies! After having H a week later I was only 4lbs off my pre-pregnancy weight however I'm now 10lbs heavier than that......ooopppps! Oh well not beating myself up over it but I'm definitely taking the dog and the baby on longer walks as of next week!

With regards to swimming there are special nappies you buy to go under their trunks or swimming costumes. I got mine from asda they are called little swimmers, no idea how they work as haven't been yet but. Y cousin recommended them. I can't wait to take Harrison swimming!

We had a we adventure last week and took H on a plane down to London for a few days. He was such a good wee boy and fell asleep before take off and didnt wake up until after we landed and on the way back was asleep before take off and woke up half way home and smilled the whole time before falling asleep before we landed. I was worried about the whole ear thing and making him suck etc but because he was asleep it was ok - phew!!

On the whole putting them down thing I haven't really been doing to much of that, I'm letting Harrison kind of put himself into a routine and it seems to be working. I haven't been trying to get him in bed by 7 as Nick doesn't get home until 7.30 ad he would never get to see H so we bath him and read him a story at 7.30 ish then if he is sleepy then we put him in his pram in the living room beside us and if not we play with him and let him kick about on his baby gym. I then go upstairs at 11pm and take H with me and feed him and then he sleeps in his crib until 5am, another quick fed again and then he has been sleeping until 8.30/9am. During the day I just play it by ear but he tends to feed every 3hours and take about 5oz. AG when we do put him down it's usually when he is still awake BUT when his eyes are kind if glassed over so you know he will drop off himself.

I really feel sorry for you guys who have problems with your babies and wind - sounds blinking awful!

Has anyone given your baby cooled boiled water and if so at how many weeks?

Rocky I think you are so amazing continuing with the breastfeeding! I think I gave up too early but I think it would have pushed me over the edge if i continued - I hope things start getting better soon.

I started my period today - uugghhh! Back to cramps and taking Nurofen fir me! Worst bit is I'm having to use pads as there is NO way on earth I'm going to be using tampax again for a looooooonnnnnggggggggg time! Worst bit is i only stopped bleedig at the weekend after giving birh - oh well back to normality! Are you guys thinking about contraception yet? I'm thinking we won't use any IF we ever have sex again as it took so long and IVF to even have H but my health visitor has said she looks after several woman who have fallen pregnant within month of having IVF babies????!!!!

Right I'm off to watch the rest of the Pride of Britian Awards and cry my eyes out!

Take care all you gorgeous mummies xxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LozzaG" (Oct 5th 2011, 9:35pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 9:38pm

Hi Ladies

Chillimint thanks for the swimming info. I cant swim so DH and the outlaws will be taking Mimi. She has her Jabs fri so i think I will let them take her in a couple of weeks.

I seem to have been having the same prob as a few of you. Mimi wont let me put her down either.
I have found putting the ipod on next to her gives me a small break. I play all the songs I used to play her when I was PG. It only works for about 30 mins tops though.

I also think it is very important she gets used to as much noise as poss. I hoover around her etc. I have seen nervous babies who jump at the slightest noise and will wake up with a toilet flush. What do you girls think?

I have done all this before but it was so many moons ago i have forgotten most of it.

On a big plus side i had a smile today. I am over the moon as she was so prem and i expected it to take another 6 weeks
Anyhoo my last quesie is now that mimi is the size of a newborn i can start using the growbags. I only have a 2.5 tog and i am not sure if they are too hot for the mo.

Take care all and kisses to all the babbies.
Xx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 10:08pm

Taxi - your little mimi is doing so well and is just such a little darling! Those smiles are just so special. I am going to start using the grobags once LO goes into her proper cot, but at the moment I just have her in a babygro and have a blanket half swaddling her. I have 2.5 too and will use that as it will be winter. We have purposefully made a point of not being quiet around LO and when she sleeps, she sleeps through anything! I set our house alarm off twice last week and she slept through it and its horrenously loud!! I do notice that now she is a little bigger, there are more distractions for her being downstairs with us at night, so tonight we put her up for the first time with her video monitor etc. I suppose it wasn't too bad as she did settle at 9:30, when she doesn't usually go down until 11/12 ish, sometimes 10.

Lozza - lovely to see you on here and it sounds like everything is going so well with your little H. Bless him and such a good boy on your trip away. I was going to ask you all about contraception. DH and I were thinking NOT to bother for exactly the same reasons as you were saying, but my Dr told me the same - many get pregnant quickly after IVF as their bodies seem to know what to do. To be totally honest I would not mind becoming pregnant so soon, BUT and this is where I would like to hear what you all know about this - I am worried about my c-section scar and that if I get pregnant too quickly it might split etc, etc. I know that sounds a bit dramatic, but I don't want to put myself at risk. My Dr said to wait a year, but not sure if she meant a year and then start trying or a year before another delivery. Any ideas on this? We were kinda thinking to maybe try and be a bit more careful until LO is 4-6 months old, then just go with the flow. I'd be delighted if I fell pregnant again naturally!

LO is still sleeping - this is the earliest she has gone down, so it will be interesting to see how she goes tonight. I don't know about you guys, but since having LO I am super emotional about people having babies. My friend just posted a picture of her and her precious newborn and it makes me well up! So special and such a blessing! xxx

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 9:16pm

hi ladies
there's always so much going on in here, its great.
well i had a great night last night with my lydie cake. i went to a spa with my friends in the evening and when i got back gave her a dream feed at 10.30pm.she then didn;t wake for another feed until after 4am. thats i really good for L, i was so pleased. so its a step in the right direction....tonight will probably be totally different though! i've also been writing down all the times she feeds and how much she takes to see if there are any patterns and its funny because she only had 16oz all day yesterday and she still did a 5and a half hour sleep through the night. i wouldn have expected her to wake up more as she didn;t have so much through the day. so we'll see what tongiht brings anyway. i sorted out her wardrobe today and put away her newborn and 0-3mths clothes as they are now too small (a little tip for u all - nappy boxes are great for storing baby clothes in the loft). i got quite emotional cos i was putting away clothes and thinking where the past 12 weeks have gone and there were so many special memories with the oufits she's worn. i can't believe where time is going, it seems like 2 minutes ago she was newborn.

hoping - do u change nathan after a dream feed? i got L huggies 12 hour nappies for bedtims and cos she's not BF anymore she doesn't poo on a night like she used to so i don't change her until the morning. she's never got nappy rash or anything doing this and it saves waking them up properly after a night feed. how's nathan getting on without the dream feeds? any better? As for getting up on a morning i usually treat anything before 7am as a night feed. so even if she wakes at 6am then i'll feed her and she'll prob finish at 6.30 but i'll put her back in her crib even if its just for half hour. if i'm lucky i'll get another hours sleep or if not she'll just babble and coo to herself for half hour and then i'll get up with her at 7. if she wakes just before 7 though i'd prob just get up with her but i do try not to take her down stairs before 7. xxx

AG - howwas last night after putting norah down? re contraception i'm not bothering. i've had a c section too but i just don;t want to avoid getting preg cos it'd be such a blessing if it happened naturally. we have male factor infertility though so it not that my body needed the kick up the bum so i doubt i'd get preg naturally anyway.....i can wishful think though. u asked about putting Lo's down to fall asleep on there own. when L was young i started to put her down when she was half asleep and then it was esier to get her to fall asleep herself. i'd somtimes have to pat her tum thoughso she knew i was there. she then just got better at it as the weeks went by and i'd just put her in her basket when she was tired and she'd start to fall asleep herself. i tried not to rely on rocking her to sleeep from an early age but is she's unsettled i will still rock her though. if i put her down and she won;t fall asleep herself i'll always pick her back up, 'i'd never let her cry and get upset. or sometimes if she's crying i can get away with stroking her head and she will stop and start to fall asleep. but L might fall asleep quite well by herself but she doesn't sleep as well through the night as other babies. so thats how i do it hun but all babies are different so don;t worry if norah needs abit of assistance still, especially as your Bfing cos they like the boob for comfort don;t they. lol at your trying to squeeze in some housework while norah is sleeping - it so hard juggling everything sometimes isn;t it. xxx

taxi - i'm the same with not creeping about when LO is asleep. i have hoovered and tidied and everything while LO has been asleep in her crib. i'll always flush toilets or get in shower when she's in the bedroom next door too. some people really creep about when there babies are in bed but then they wake up with every little noise. my baby likes her sleep though, she sleeps through alot apart from when she wants her milk..lol. Mimi is doing brilliantly. thats great u got a smile already. as for the gro bags, i'm using 2.5togs already. my room is 20degs and she wears a sleepsuit with a sleeveless vest under. xxx

lozza- i try and give L water 3 times a day. my HV told me to do this on tuesday when i saw her. L is 12 weeks and was been BF before so she didn;t need the water but then sinse i've stopped the HV told me she needs water now she's on formula. she said to try her on a couple of ounze three times a day to stop constipation. my problem is that she won;t drink it unless she's hungry and if she's hungry i need to fill her with milk not water! so she's not having much at the moment but i do try her. its a good habit to get them to drink water though cos it'll be better if they'll drink it without juice when they are older. your night time routine is nice so your dh gets to see harrison. my dh sometimes gets home from work late and hates it when its L's bedtime and he's not seen her much. she won;t sleep properly unless she's in her crib upstairs though so we have toput her to bed unless we want a grumpy baby. xxx

rocky - hope u get your results tomorrow and u don't have to wait until next week. when i was having BF troubles i'd always manage ok when the BF councillors where there too! then as soon as u get home is a different story! does your partner go with you to the apts? my dh used to come and watch and then when i got home and i was stressing and having trouble he would talk me though the pointers i was forgetting. it helped abit anyway but it can also be annoying when they think they are know it alls and your the one struggling...lol. you are doing great though with the BFing. your persiverence is just amazing xxx

all this talk about post baby bods - well i had to get mine out in public yestersday!! lol. i went to a spa with my BFF's and so i had to wear a swimming costume for the steam room and pools. i have actually lost most of my weight bar a few pounds that won;t budge but my body is different. i still have a pregnancy line and i was told it might take a year to go - eek! i have the funny fold of skin over my c section scar too and my hips seem bigger and i'm alot more wobbly, especially on my tummy...lol. tbh..i don;t care that much. i'm 12 weeks post partum so whats a few wobbly bits eh? i do look better with clothes on though, hiding my multitude of sins :snigger: but i survived having to bear all in a cozzie last night and i'm allergic to gyms so i'll just have to put up with what i've got :D

has anyone thought of what they are getting there LO's for xmas yet? are u going to go crazy or waiting until next year when they understand more? i wrote our xmas list today and its scary what we need to spend for gifts for everyone. i think we're going to just buy sentimental gifts rather than spend alot this year cos i'm on mat leave and i really don;t want to spend too much of our savings cos we'll need them when i'm not getting mat pay for the last 3 months.

Hope your all well anyway ladies and babies. arn't we lucky to even be posting in this thread : D

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 9:32pm

Hello ladies

AG - I am very lucky in that Nathan goes to sleep no problem. Even when he has been grumpy for most of the day as soon as I give him his bottle in our bedroom with the lights dimmed he knows it's bedtime and will let me put him in his basket whether he is asleep or tired. If he was wide awake he would probably cry but he gets very tired in the evenings and is happy to go to bed. When he is tired he just talks himself to sleep and rarely cries to be picked up, he seems content lying their until he nods off. Saying that today he has been a bit grumpy again and crying on and off and when I put him in his basket after his bottle he started crying so I picked him up, cuddled him and rocked him for a few minutes until he settled then put him back down and he seemed OK then and soon fell asleep. I think he has a bit of an off belly as he has had 3 poos today and seems to be in discomfort when he passes wind. So in answer to your question if he cries I would pick him up and try and settle him and as soon as he is settled put him back down, if he cried again I would try it again. I suppose it's like the pick up put down method that the BW recommends though I think she says to do that for older babies. I would never leave Nathan crying that's for sure as I don't believe it helps as he is too young to realise what he is doing so needs love and reassurance. As he gets older he will probably cotton on to the fact that he can cry to try and get his own way and that is when I will become a bit tougher. How did Norah sleep last night? I say Nathan is good at going to bed in the evening but daytime naps are more difficult and that's when he does fight his tiredness.

Lozza - well I never knew they did special swimming nappies LOL! So H has been on a plane already?! Wow!! I bet the noise was like white noise to him hence sleeping all the way. Bummer to starting your period. I haven't had mine yet and it's been 10 weeks! I have PCOS though and rarely had periods so I expect it will continue. That's why I won't bother going on contraception ever again as I don't think I need it. It'd be a miracle if I got pregnant naturally but if it did happen we would be chuft as would love a little brother or sister for Nathan. DH and I have said we will look at trying IVF in a couple of years or so if nothing happens naturally. We have only BD once since Nathan was born so at this rate we will never conceive naturally LOL! It wasn't exactly pain free so not sure when we will try again. I am still sore from being cut.

Taxi - :thumbsup2: on seeing your first smile. It's amazing isn't it? Nathan smiles every day now and when I go to pick him up out of the moses basket each morning he usually greets me with a smile, which I love and puts me on a high for the day - until he gets his witching hours from 3pm onwards LOL!!

Hi to everyone else.

Well Nathan has had another one of his grumpy days. He was OK this morning and loved his bath. I visited a friend and he was OK there but on the car journey home he started crying (first time ever in my car) and hasn't settled all afternoon. He has done 3 poos today and seems to be in discomfort when he passes wind so not sure if he has an upset tummy. I gave him some Calpol before bed anyway just in case. He went to bed OK, cried at first but after a cuddle he settled and is now fast asleep. He has hardly slept all day and I reckon that has contributed to his crying. It baffles me why if he is tired he fights it. Also, I am wondering if I pick him up too soon when he cries (not a full blown cry, just a whingey type of cry) in his cot during the day and whether he is actually almost asleep then and his crying is his way of self soothing but then I go in and pick him up and make him fully awake hence him screaming ?o(

Anyway, he is asleep now and that's all that matters. I think I would go insane if he didn't sleep at night. I don't mind so much in the day unless it's been most of the day and then it does become draining.

I'm feeling sorry for DH too as he doesn't seem to be able to settle Nathan and sometimes makes him cry more. DH doesn't do anything wrong and bless him he tries to copy how I handle Nathan but it doesn't seem to work for him. He is feeling very unloved and down today because of it, plus it appears that when Nathan has his good days DH is at work but when he is at home that's when he becomes unsettled. I think it's just bad luck as DH is a brilliant dad and just wants to give him cuddles. I said to DH it's because I am with Nathan all the time so he is bound to feel more comfortable with me. It doesn't help that we have scrapped the evening bath time as DH helped with that but he can't always be here for the morning bath because of work. I said he could give him his bottle before bed tonight but Nathan cried and didn't want to take it. After a few attempts I asked him to let me try and he took it no problem, which added to DH feeling even more down. I want DH to try and do more with Nathan but as he is still young it is limited to what he can do other than feed him, cuddle him, take him for a walk, change his nappy etc. When he is older and starts talking I know he will spend most of his time with DH as he wants to take him to martial arts class and football on a Saturday so his time will come and I'm sure he will turn into a daddy's boy, which is fine by me. Is anyone else having this problem, in that your LO just seems to want mummy more than daddy? I told DH that I love him and gave him a hug as I don't want him to feel left out and I tried to reassure him that Nathan does love him and he just has grumpy days and that all babies cry. There are even times when I can't settle him.

Anyway, I'm off to bed as I'm shattered.

Night all

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 9:51pm

Hey Booboo - I was typing my post as you posted yours LOL!

So if Lydie is fast asleep do you still take her down at 7am and wake her up so she knows it's time to get up?

Yeah when Nathan wakes for his next feed, after I have put him to bed at 7pm, I change his nappy then too as I don't like him being in a wet nappy for almost 12 hours. I never knew you could get 12 hour nappies. How are they better for them, as in are they superlined or something? Funny you mention nappy rash, Nathan was doing brilliantly and just today we have noticed he is a tad red on his bottom, probably from the 3 poos! So we have put Sudocrem on him. We always use Vaseline normally but as he is now red we have put Sudocrem on to try and soothe it. Vaseline is brilliant I think so hopefully once it's cleared we will go back to that. I also use it for in between his rolls of fat, especially under his chin and around his neck as when he dribbles milk, even though I make a point of drying his neck, sometimes it goes a bit red from being damp from the formula and irritated.

I'm not bothering with dream feeding. It hasn't worked for me as he wakes up more I think. I actually think that not only does he not know he was fed but his belly doesn't either LOL :laugh: So, last night I let him wake himself and he woke at 11:30pm. He woke up twice more after that but I think that is because he slept so much yesterday that he had more of a restless night. I'm hoping that as he has hardly slept today he will sleep better tonight. It's hit or miss though, some days he can sleep loads and sleep well at night. No two days are the same are they?

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? :mmmmmm

Glad you had a lovely Spa day. I could do with some pampering - a nice relaxing massage.

Re Christmas presents I haven't thought about it really, probably a few toys to help him learn. DH wants to dress him as an Elf on Christmas Day and watch Elf with him LOL! I have told my best mates, who have children, that rather than buy presents for each other let's just get the kids and they agreed. I always bought for them and the kids but after seeing my first wage slip on my maternity pay (first 6 weeks were full but now it has reduced dramatically!) I now need to watch the pennies (and spend most of them on Nathan LOL!)

Got my child benefit sorted finally and it's been back dated to 1 August so that will come in handy and can buy nappies, formula and anything else for Nathan.

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 10:16pm

Last night was a mixture of mercies! We tried to settle Norah from around 7:30 and eventually she went down at 9:30. She had a lot of trouble with wind last night and she would fall fast asleep on one of us, but everytime she was on her back in the basket, then she was obviously very uncomfortable, so we would pick her up again. So, I was quite pleased with that for a first night, but she was probably the most unsettled she's ever been in the night with this tummy wind. It was a bit stressful for DH and I and we were a bit grumpy with each other!! It's not colic as she doesn't scream the place down, but it is just very difficult to settle her again after a feed as it seems to take a long time for her wind to come up, so it is messing about inside giving her discomfort.

Today she has been a lot better, slept loads and a different girl, so fingers crossed it was just something I ate and not something more long term. Tonight it only took half an hour to settle her and she went down in her basket upstairs at 9:00 - I am hoping to get this time earlier, but am happy that she is going down at the moment. She cried a bit initially, so we lifted her and took her back downstairs and DH cuddled her for ages until she was really sleepy, then we put her down. I'm going to give her a dream feed (OMG it's after 11 already!!) around 11:30 and see how it goes in the night for her.

We have a very sleep girl when she is sleeping, so changing nappies in the night hasn't been a problem and I don't think she hardly notices sometimes and she always goes down again, even if she's a little more awake. I'm BF'in and there are lots of pooy nappies, so I change her everytime I feed her in the night, luckily usually just once or occasionally twice.

Booboo - i'm encouraged that you are just going with the flow with the whole contraception thing. Think we might just do the same, although my issues were (we think) related to my thyroid which is now stable and so it probably could happen, although that probably is wishful thinking! What a blessing that would be!

Thanks for all the advice RE:sleep etc - you're all great and wonderful Mummies! Sorry no personals tonight, will catch up with you individually soon. I've got family coming tomorrow, so have been baking cupcakes and making some food for the freezer for quick lunches. Lots of love to you all XXX

Friday, October 7th 2011, 4:49pm

Hi everyone,

AG - aren't you good baking for your family. I would not be bothered at the moment as I feel as though when Harry is asleep - I need 'ME' time!! I'm with you on the unsettled front! Last night (and a lot this week) harry would not go in his moses basket. Everytime I tried to put him down he cried which then turned into that scream when you have to pick them up. So he ended up sleeping on me from about 10.30pm until he woke at 3.30am. Really annoying because this should have been a great chunk of sleep for me but I never sleep well like this as I'm always conscious he's there and have to be really careful. You're lucky that Norah is sleep and doesn't wake too much when being changed. Harry ALWAYS needs changing at the feed during the night - he is always dirty - and this completely wakes him up (although he's probably completely awake anyway). I have a real problem as all the books say to only change innight if dirty (which he is) and to change during the feed. So I give him one boob (or half expressed bottle) and then if I tried to change him inbetween he would scream the place down. So don't know how to do it for the best. He is then awake and wants to play etc. Re contraception - I wouldn't bother if I was you. Maybe be careful for another couple of months but then I would imagine your scar would be OK if you did get lucky.

Taxi - how lovely that you've had your first smile. It's so nice when they do that isn't it? In terms of growbags, someone told me today that they need to weigh at least 8lbs to use them. Don't know how correct this is as I don't have any butam thinking of trying one myself as I've been told that it might help to settle Harry during the night feed as I won't be faffing trying to tuck blankets in around him.

Booboo - lovely that you've had a bit of a pampering time. DP has only been to one BF support with me as she's at work but she does try to help and remind me of things. IKWYM though about sometimes it being frustrating as well!! No results today so it looks like I'm waiting ubtil Monday now. Not expecting them to show anything anyway! Re Xmas - not gonna go all out - I think at this age they are more interested in the wrapping paper than what's inside it!!

Hoping - swim nappies - yes they do sell them - I think they fit from about 6 or 8lbs. Funny reading your post about do we just hope they don't wee or poo when in the pool - cos I could GUARANTEE that if that was the case harry would do both while in there....so it's a god job they created swim nappies. Also, lucky you that you've not been in the firing line when changing nathan...I've had the pleasure twice last week. In fact I was quite worried at one point as it shot out (or I should say squirted) and hit me, the wall and the floor. And you are right, stimulating their bottom can just make it all worse. Last week I had to keep cleaniing his bum as he kept squirting it everytime I touched it. So now when I hear a poop, I tend to leave him a bit until I'm sure it's all out! Got my 8 week postnatal check next week (when it will actually be 9 weeks) so I guess the doc will check my cut. I must say i'm not entirely happy with how things are going there. It still feels all funny and I can't bear to touch down there when I'm washing - have to be so careful!

Lozza - can't believe you've had LO on a plane already - you must just be so in the swing of this baby stuff. I would struggle to get to the airport on time! Definitely with you on the tampax thing - no way! I used to hate wearing towels ...but now towels are my friend! You poor thing starting your period so soon and with not much break from your birth bleeding. Make sure you don't get anaemic. I've had to have iron tablets as I'm anaemic but have given up on them as they were making me constipated. In fact I'm still getting constipated now despite eating lots of fruit and veg and drinking loads of water. Have tried fibregel too but not done much. Need to sort it though as it seems to damage my cut everytime.

Now...TMI alert...is anyone suffering with any incontinence issues? I stopped bleeding about 3 weeks ago - but have to wear a pad everyday because of this problem. It has got slightly better but I could not go out of the house without wearing one and I'm often worrying as to weather I will be able to get to a toilet. Just thought I'd ask as no one has mentioned this so far. Think it will only apply if you didn't have a C section - unless it was an emergency C and you were pushing beforehand. Anywya on that note, Harry is waking up xx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, October 7th 2011, 5:40pm

Hi all.

Thanks for the Grobags and noise comments. Oh and the warm ones on Mimi Smiling.

Lozza - Ahhh the dreaded periods. Vile eh I personaly cant do tampax.
Sounds like you have a bad time with them. My first AF was nasty. I had a C sec so hardly bled after birth but boy did it make up for it.

AG - youy are really lucky Norah is so good with changing. Mimi is a mare. She hates it. I try to tell her this is going to happen for many years lol but she hates it. I have to change her bum halfway between feeding her as she wakes right up due to the state she gets herself in. I agree with Rocky on the contraception hon. If it wouldnt be the end of the world if you did fall then i wouldnt worry about it. C sec scar and all.

Booboo - glad you enjoyed your pampering. Outlaws had Mimi theother day for 4 hours. It felt strange but it is good for them to bond.

Hoping - the Swim nappies are supposed to be fab. Let us know how his swimming goes.

AFM - Mimi had her 1st lot of immunisations today and has been a bit grouchy. Calpol seems to have settled her some though. Its sad yet awesome that i had to bag a ton of clothes up for her as they are too small.
I used the growbag last night and we had the longest sleep yet. May be coincidence but we will see how the next few days go. I asked HV about them and as long as they fit and are not baggy then she can use them.
Finaly i really do need to get her in a better routine but its hard. I wont consider a dream feed. Really dont like the thought of feeding her when she is out sparko. If DH threw steak and chips down my sleeping face I would kill him lol. I eat when i am hungry so thats kind of my thoughts with Mimi. I am gonna try her with more as late as poss before bed. That might help. I dont mind getting up in the night and DH is a great help but sometimes it is every 2 hoiurs. If i can get it to once before 7am I will be ecstatic.
Xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Friday, October 7th 2011, 8:16pm

hi ladies.

just got L down and dh is at footy so thought i'd pop in here.

taxi - lmao at your comments on dream feeding. thats a funny way to look at it ...lol. i thought dream feeding sounded a weird concept at first but when i trid it its quite good how a small stroke of the teat on L's lip makes her open her mouth and just start eating no probs. i if she is awake and i try and put a bottle in her mouth she refuses so i assume she's ready for a bottle when i do the dream feed as she takes it no prob and its usually 3-4 hours sinse the last feed. i used to have to get up with L every 2 hours in he night, thats cos i was BFing though. its still sometimes like thats though. i used to get asked for ID before i was a mother but i don;t now....must be the new bags i have giving away my age...ha. aw, is mimi in bigger clothes then now? she looked stunning at the wedding u took her to btw. i loved her hair band, its great been able to buy girly clothes isn;t it. xxxx

hoping - do i eckers wake L up to take her down at 7am....lol. i don;t like to take her down before 7am so if she wakes up for a feed just before i'll try her back in her crib. i'll let her sleep for as long as she wants. it usually between 7.30 and 8am she's ready for get up time. but then an hour or 2 later i can guarentee she'll want a morning nap too (and thats my que to rush about getting ready and doing any chores)....she's a lazy missus. this morning she woke up at 6am for a feed and by the time i fed her it was 6.30 but she was wide awake and i knew there was no way she was going to go back to sleep. so i laid her in between me and dh in bed (we were fully awake) and talked to her for half hour then she started yawning so i out her back in her crib and she slept until 9am. so i had a good sleep in this morning. about your dh and nathan...aww, poor dh. it good he's trying so hard but maybe nathan is pickin up on him trying so hard...iykwim. i kinda have the opposite poblem that i think my dh wants to enter himself into dad of the year...lol. bless his heart he is so good with L but sometimes i think he over stimulates her then after he's done that he'll bugger off to the gym or somewhere and leave me to settle her. he's very enthusiastic when playing with her. she was starting to nod off in her moses basket then he came home this eve and started talking to her really playfully and then she was wide awake. then when he left to play football half hour later she was very tired. i feel like a nag though when i ask him to not over stimulate her cos he's only wanting to see her smile and play. i'm sure nathan and your dh will have more fun when nathan gets a little older. as the months go by they sleep less so your dh will see the benefit of that. its a shame our partners come home on an eve and don;t see the babies at there best. L is definately happier during the day then gets more tired as the day goes on no matter how many naps she's had. we must have very sleepy babies between us..lol. have u got nathan one of them baby bouncers that hang from the door yet? i was going to order one but it said not to use until they have control of there heads and L has still got wobbly head...lol. i think when they have control of their heads and learning to grab they will be more interested in their toys. L just prefers sitting in her nest babbling and cooing rather than looking at toys. i think her playmat annoys her sometimes...lol xxx

AG - sounds like things are going as good as they can with putting norah in the bedroom on a night. there's bound to be sometimes when she needs a cuddle to settle at first. hope her tum is better, L had wind last night too. she kept waking me up trumping...bless her. i gave her some infacol this morning and she seems to be better now. hope tonight has gone well with norah xxx

rocky - i can't answer your ques as i had a planned c section so all my bits are intact....lol. xxx

last night L only woke once for a feed again so thats twice in a row now. she woke at 3am and i fed her and couldn;t get back to sleep. she then woke at 4am but she's been trumping all night so i think her tummy hurt her so i just rocked her to sleep and then put her back down and she stayed asleep until 6am. so i'm hoping for just one night feed again tonight...fingers crossed. i'm finding it really hard to get back to sleep after feeding L. when i was Bfing i'd fall back to sleep no probs (i think i release a sleepy hormone as your feeding) but sinse my milk has gone and i formula feed i take ages to drift back off. i right miss Bfing too, i keep thinking about the circumstances that meant i had to stop and it upsets me but i know i should just be thankful i'm alive rather than dwell on things i couldn't control.

today i took L to rhyme time again. she was babbling away to the music this time. i tried to get her to nap before the class but she didn't so think she was abit over stimulated at the end as we do alot of things with brightly coloured balls and toys as well as singing and a bit of dancing with the babies in our arms. its good to go to though cos music and rhythm is supposed to be good for helping with there development. i took L to my aunties after as its her only day off work and she was wanting to see her but it was a bad idea. there was my cousin and great aunt and great uncle there as well as my mum and everyone wanted a cuddle so L got a bit grumpy as she was tired after her class. so don;t think i'll do that again. i never usually plan to do 2 things in one day and i won't bother again. its too much with a baby as i didn;t have chance to do bare bum or tummy time today.

thanks for answering my xmas prezzie question. i think by then L will need a baby walker and other development toys so i'll get her them. we spend a fortune on her every month when dh gets paid anyway..lol. we love spoiling her and buying toys and clothes .

anyway best go and catch up on my sky pluses i've recorded while dh is still at footy :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, October 7th 2011, 8:42pm

Booboo - Cool that DF is working for you and I love the gentle way you do it. My bro swears by DF. Who knows, a few more weeks of sleepness nights & I may try it. :snigger:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, October 7th 2011, 9:16pm

:rant: I just typed up a long post and it bloody disappeared!!! Not sure what I hit but it is so frustrating!! Is there a save option on here so you can save your post every now and then so should it crash you have at least some of it saved?

AG - Re Norah having wind and not wanting to lie down, why don't you buy one of those cushions that are slightly elevated? I got one for Nathan because of his reflux as I get paranoid about him choking on his sick during the night. Just an idea.

Taxi - hope Mimi recovered from the immunisations. Nathan was a bit grumpy but not for long. Dreading the next ones as think they're meant to be worse.

Rocky - lmao I think our sons are exactly the same when it comes to pooing! N has squirted it on my bedroom and living room carpet. Thank god for Carpet Power LOL! Re incontinence I had it when I was pregnant but not noticed it since having N. I had a shower this morning and decided to have another look down there to check how it was. It has healed loads more and looks much better but you can tell where I was cut. It feels very firm to touch, does yours? It use to feel a bit tingly numb when I touched it but it doesn't anymore. I hate wearing towels too, especially those horrible maternity ones that we had to wear after giving birth, it was like walking with a plank between your legs! When I have a normal period I like to just wear a tampax and a thin towel but I have a feeling I won't be wearing tampax for quite a while so may have to invest in some thicker towels, which I'm dreading.

Booboo - our DH's are very similar. Mine will overstimulate Nathan too, even if I have said to him don't disturb him he is tired and just wants to be left alone to fall asleep. I do say to him this is why Nathan can be grumpy with him sometimes because he has to respect how he is feeling and what mood he is in. If DH hasn't seen him all day though the first thing he wants to do is kiss him and pick him up. And he does what your fella does sometimes, buggers off to the gym after he has set him off crying and leaves me to try and settle him.

Isn't L good lying in between you on the bed in the mornings? We have tried that with Nathan but he doesn't seem to like it unless he is sleeping LOL! I find some mornings he wants to have a bottle and carry on sleeping in his basket and other mornings he wants to go downstairs and play but when he does it's not for long and he will fall back to sleep about half an hour or so later.

Not surprised L got upset after a busy day bless her. Nathan would've started screaming at the end of the rhyme class LOL!! He hates being overstimulated or overtired, he screams and screams.

What do you Sky plus? Do you like Vampire Diaries? I love it and it's back on next Tuesday. I also love Merlin and have just started watching The Secret Circle, which is good too.

Well, I took Nathan to the docs today. I noticed he had a red rash on his chest and under his chin and around his neck. I suspected heat rash, even though it's gone cooler, if DH or I hold him he does get very warm, he's like a mini hot water bottle sometimes. Anyway, I just wanted confirmation from the doctor as being a first time mum I was panicking too cos you also think the worse (the M word!). Anyway, it was neither M or a heat rash, thank god, just his hormones he said and is normal. I did google heat rash images and they had pimples. N didn't have pimples, just red blotches. I asked if it could be what I use to wash him (Johnsons top to toe or the Johnsons massage cream) and he said unlikely as if it's an allergy it looks more of a joined up rash, whatever that means. I feel better for checking anyway, best to be safe than sorry eh?

He has been a bit grumpy again today, had a couple of screaming episodes but as always he goes to bed no problem so I really can't complain. DH is doing the night shift tonight and letting me lie in till 8am :thumbsup2: Usually I would get up to do the 6am ish feed but DH has kindly said he will do that so I can get a good 8 hour kip. No doubt I will hear N cry at some point though during the night for a feed and I usually rush in to settle him while DH sorts a bottle. I can't help it. DH will help me too if he hears him when I am doing the night shift.

Anyway, I'm off to bed shortly to take advantage of a full nights kip.

Night all and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

8 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

8 guests