You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, October 7th 2011, 9:38pm

I put LO in the supermarket swimming nappies (I got mine from Tesco) and also use an over nappy, made by a company called Splashabout (other companies do make them though!).The over nappy is made out of wetsuit material and has stretchy lyrca bits around the legs and tummy which are close fitting to contain any leaks. I don't think its essential, I just like to double bag her bum! The swim nappies seem to less absorbent stuff in them, so don't swell as much as a regular nappy does.

Booboo - My body is a bit squiggly now, and got extra weight on my hips and bottom. None of it stayed on my boobs though, and I wouldn't have minded that! I've had to be bold about it though when swimming, and today when we went, there was a lady there with a LO the same age as R, and she had no cellulite and her cossie fit her really well. Grrr. But to be honest, I'm proud to have a mummy body now! Not to say that I wouldn't like to firm up when I can, but my diet is rather poor (like Hoping said!) and I really can't see myself getting chance to do a 15 minute bums, legs and tummy routine on my floor mat, next to LO having nappy off time, anytime soon, not with all the laundry I've got!

Taxi - When LO is having daytime naps, I carry on normal activities around her…hoovering, radio, blender etc. She is bit jumpy though, despite my efforts! She doesn't cry though, just looks wide eyed and spooked at the toys she sees when she turns around. Maybe that's just her nature? Ooooh lovely, you got some smiles. She's a little love your Mimi.

Contraception - no, we're not using any either, on account of the fact that my hubs only swimmers are all stored in a freezer. No happy accidents for us, I'm afraid. I've still not got AF though, 4 months on...I did have to have a D&C at 6 weeks though, because of a retained placenta, so I dunno whether that will affect anything? Actually Booboo, didn't the same thing happen to you?

Hoping - I tried a dream feed on LO but it was a complete failure. She sucked on the bottle, got a mouthful of milk and ended up spluttering it all out. She's really sucky, I can even see her sucking in her sleep without a dummy, so I don't think she was expecting the milk to come out because I've not done it before. I felt AWFUL, she was coughing and spluttering. LOL at dressing up N as an elf. I really want to dress R up as a pumpkin for Halloween.

AG - R didn't settle herself when I put her down in her basket. Before that, she'd fall asleep on us or I'd nurse her to sleep. The first week I decided to try putting her down at a regular bedtime in her basket while she was tired, but still awake, didn't go awfully well. I'd take her upstairs and put her in her basket and she'd cry. I'd pat and shh and put her dummy back in and she'd still cry hard. This would go on for half an hour before she just wore herself out. What I'd read said that after three or four nights it should be getting better but it wasn't, so I thought that I'd have to do something else as it was distressing for both of us. I didn't want bedtimes or lying her basket to be horrible for her.

So, I tried the following - taking her into a dark room where her basket was. Then I'd sit and give her a cuddle while she got more and more sleepy. Lying on her side on my lap, like a breastfeeding hold (but with no boob) worked for me. She'd relax and start to doze off without crying. Then I'd steadily move her to her basket when she had closed her eyes. If she started to cry when she was in her basket, a stroke on the head would settle her. If she got very upset, I'd pick her up and settle her again on my lap.

She really does fight sleep. Now she's associated the dark with sleep time but she still fights it every now again. The half hour screaming sessions before bedtime have stopped now. If she does get upset, its only for maybe 10 mins. Its taken about 4 weeks for some sort of consistency though.

Rocky - I leak a bit of wee when I sneeze, and I've been doing my pelvic floor exercise like mad. I'm on iron tablets for anaemia too. Well, I should be, but I just can't tolerate the constipation. I've started taking Spatone. Its sachets of iron rich water. They taste foul, like rusty nails, but they have got lots of iron in them and are far easier on the digestive system. You can get them from Boots and Tesco.

That a good idea about using Vaseline between the fold of fat on their neck. I end up putting sudocrem on but by that stage its gotten quite red.

I'm off to crack open a bottle of red wine.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

What's Up?
(",)

Friday, October 7th 2011, 9:42pm

Hoping - not sure about the save function for posts but I always type my post in Word or a text file, and then copy and paste it in when its finished.

Hoping77

• "Hoping77" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 1:16pm

Thanks Chillimint. Good idea re typing in Word.

I :laugh: at your LO spitting out milk during a dream feed. If Nathan is too asleep to drink it I turn the teat around in his mouth and it prompts him to suck, or stroke his cheek. I think dream feeds are great from the point of view that I can change his nappy with little fuss and he doesn't need winding as he is asleep and can be put back down, but it hasn't yet seen him through for more than 4 hours. He sleeps for longer when we leave him to wake up himself. Saying that last night DH did the night shift and he went to bed at 7pm, woke at midnight then woke at 3am and 6am and for those last two feeds he screamed the house down like he was starving. It's weird. Sometimes he can go longer and some nights he needs more food. I wonder if he is having a growth spurt ?(

Well ladies I am trying him in his cot and own room for the first time tonight nailbite . He has slept in his cot for daytime naps so I'm praying he will settle down OK like he does in his basket. I was going to put him in a grobag tonight too for the first time, it's 2.5 tog. What would you dress him underneath? I was thinking a long sleeve vest so his legs are bare as they will be kept warm from the grobag, or would you put him in a sleepsuit? His room can vary from between 19 degrees and 22 degrees but does get colder as the night goes on.

DH suggested, if he doesn't settle, to put the basket in the cot and try that first. Do you think that's a good idea? I've also moved his cot mobile from directly above his head so that when he is put down he won't have that to stimulate him. I don't think it helps him nod off as it hasn't in the daytime, it just annoys him when he wants to sleep.

Hope you're all having a nice weekend anyway, despite the weather. Cold and wet here today.

:xxx3:
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 12:37pm

H huns

well i've had 4 nights in a row with L only waking for a feed once. i have been keeping a diary of what she eats and when and i noticed most of her milk was been drunk on nightfeeds so i wanted to try and sort it out so she had more during the day. but without even doing anything she has done it herself....its like she must have heard me...lol. she's also started to go every 3 hours between feeds more easily this week. maybe its cos she is getting alittle older so she's just done it herself. so we've had a good 4 nights and i hope it continues.

one thing she has had this past week is constipation. i try and give her water but she doesn't really like it. she was trumping all night 2 nights ago so i gave her some infacol but i think thats more for burps than trumps ?( does anyone elss Lo's suffer from constipation and what do u do? she has pooed last night and been less whingey so hopfully she's a bit better. i hate to think her tummy is hurting her cos i used to suffer from IBS and i know how much it can hurt. she seems better sinse last night so xfingers for another poo today.

chillmint - yeah hun i had retained placenta too. i heamorraged (sp?) 3 and a half week after my c section and was rushed into hosp and had to have 2 blood transfusions and a d&c. i was very glad to be alive at the end of it and its a good job my husband was there cos i don;t know what i'd have done if i was in the house in my own and it happend. it was very scary, i was literaly bleeding to death and had to lay and wait for an ambulance....it was the longest 10 mins of my life :S what happend with you hun? my dh's only swimmers were frozen too but he also had a reconstruction at the same time of his SSR so there's a 10% chance that might have worked (he never had a SA after the op so we don;t know if it worked or not). we don;t have any stored swimmers now cos tx is so expensive we didn;t see the point in paying for the storage of the sperm if we were never going to use it again. its quite sad to think of really that we don't have his magic cryptonite (as we like to call it) anymore. so no contraception for us, i'd be a blessing to get pregnant again. don;t know if i've had a period cos i stopped bleeding for a day or so a few weeks after the d&c but then started heavy again for a week so i think that could have been a period but i'm unsure...lol. xxxxx

hoping - saw on fb that all went well with nathan in his big boys bed :thumbsup: i put L in hers last week for a night and she did really well but i wasn;t ready for it yet so i have her back in our room :snigger: she has her naps in there though during the day so i'm hoping she'll still be ok when we put her in it again in a month or so. we were trying to get her night feeds down to one too this week and so i didnt want to change 2 things at once and upset her. do u like the gro bags? i love them. i feel so much better knowing L won;t kick a blanket over her head. did u enjoy your sleep when your dh did the night shift? my dh did last night for me and i feel much better today. glad nathans rash wash nothing to worry about. as first time mums i think alot of us would have rushed to the docs, it is so better to be safe than sorry. i sky plus alot of trash tv.... :snigger: i've never watch vampire diaries but i do watch true blood but its rather raunchy and makes me :O if dh is about...lol. i usually sky plus real housewives of newyork, big bro and corrie and eastenders....i told u it was trash tv..lol. i never get chance to watch anything at the time its on live tv, everything i watch is recorded but then u can skip the adverts :thumbsup: . hope u've had a good weekend hun.

i was very sad last night to learn about poor rallygirl. its so tragic. i just can't imagine how she must be feeling. so my thoughts are with her and her OH today

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Hoping77

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, October 9th 2011, 8:10pm

Hey Booboo

Great that L is now only waking once in the night. So what time does she go to bed and do you do a dream feed? Is she on 6 ounces now? Nathan can only drink 5 at the most and that isn't on every feed. He has been grazing a bit this week, taking only an ounce or two but then wanting more an hour or so later. His reflux seems tons better and he isn't as sick as much as he use to be, but he has been suffering with wind a bit more this week and he has cried sometimes when farting like it's painful. I thought he was constipated though he has pooed daily but it's like he is in some discomfort in the build up to having a poo, if you know what I mean? I have given him some water and usually within an hour of taking it he has pooed so I definitely think it helps it.

Yes I love the grobags and I think N likes them too. I put him in it before his bottle last night and then thought what if he is sick on it so I just ensured he had a bib and a muslin over it as he usually falls asleep or is near to sleep when he has finished so it's easier if I can just put him straight in the bed without then having to put him in the grobag, though to be fair they are easy for him to slip into. They kind of open in half don't they?

His first night in his cot went really well. He did a lame cry a couple of times and DH and I had to go in and sshhhh him, put his dummy back in and stroked his head and he likes that as it settles him again so it literally only takes a couple of minutes to soothe him. He woke at 11:15, 3 and 6 for feeds but again on the 3 and 6 feeds he didn''t want much, just an ounce or two. Tonight he has gone down again no problem and hasn't cried yet to be soothed so looks like he has fallen straight to sleep smile2

I was so shocked to hear Rallygirls news and my thoughts are with her and her family. I was in town today to meet a friend and on the train journey in I was thinking about what happened and became so upset that I can't even begin to imagine how she must be feeling. It is truly awful, life can be so cruel sometimes.

Hope everyone else is OK.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Monday, October 10th 2011, 2:15pm

I've found everyone again! Hello! Lovely to read your posts and hear how things have been going. Sorry I've been away for so long (and BooBoo - I owe you a PM reply - sorry!) but I had a difficult first 6 to 8 weeks and struggled to do very much at all (replying to texts from my family was about all I managed). Thankfully, the magic 12 weeks arrived last week and little Zac is starting to settle a bit more. He's 3 months today (had his second injections this morning - yuk).

Anyone still BF'ing and wondering when to give up or reduce it down? Would love a bit more freedom time-wise and diet-wise (been lactofree for the last couple of months and selfishly craving a good bottle of wine too!) and would like to rid myself of some guilt when I've eaten something that's upset him but will probably feel just as guilty if I give up when I've been lucky enough to have a good supply and a baby who is a good feeder!

Great to read about routines, about cots in own rooms etc. . All the sorts of questions I've been wondering about too. Hope everyone's having a good Monday.

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Monday, October 10th 2011, 4:20pm

Hi All,

I feel like ive missed so much on this thread. DH is here (on nights this week) so have managed to get on here for a little while!

Hi Harry, glad things have settled down a little for you and Zac. Hoping - So glad Nathan is doing well in his own cot, Ollie does little cry's during the night but he doesnt wake so we leave him to see if he'll be able to go off back to sleep by himself which he usually does. I read about Rallygirl while I was in bed last night and sobbed my heart out for her, couldnt sleep properly as I kept thinking about it over and over again, such an awful thing to happen, I hope they pull through ok.
BooBoo - Sounds like Lydia is going well at night time xx Chilli - Hows you?? xx
Sorry to those i've missed xxx Hope your doing well xx

Ollie is doing very well at the moment - crying right this second though!!! He weighed 19lb 2oz last tuesday so is growing tons and is even out of some of his 3-6 month clothes as his got a big belly!! His still luckily going through the night and even had a lie in this morning until about 8.45am! His not sleeping much during the day obviously so it makes this a little hard to get done but im just thankful that his going through the night. We have managed to start making his room look more like a babies room now with a nice road rug, pictures, shelves, his nursing chair, and toys and teddies!
His pulling himself up all the time now with little help from us! Trying to roll over which im sure he'll get very soon. He loves his play mat and lying in his cot with his mobile on for a little while. We have been very lucky with Ollie being such a good boy but I feel like his growing up way too fast for my liking!!! :bawl:

Anyway, got to do a feed so will try to get on later to catch up a little more xxxx

Take care all xxxxx

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, October 10th 2011, 4:25pm

Booboo - There might be a bit TMI following!
I stopped bleeding after 3.5 weeks, and was just getting back to wearing nicer knickers and no pads. Then at 4 weeks, I started having gushes of blood. But, because of the timing, I thought it was AF coming back. I went to the postnatal ward to get it checked out, as the hospital I was in give you six weeks of postnatal support from the ward. They took a swab and put me on antibiotics as a precautionary measure, and confirmed a few days later that I did have an infection. By then, I'd begun to bleed more, like a very heavy period all the time. But, not knowing how AF is after a baby, I thought it was normal. I wasn't losing any clots and, very strangely, I felt fine, no pain at all. The following weekend, the gushes started getting heavier, soaking through thick pads and clothes - I was at my in-laws at the time! I had to stand over the loo just waiting for the blood to stop. Luckily it did, but it was a long, scary wait. It was then that I called the postnatal ward again and they told me to come in. When I got there, the Dr examined me and started to remove the bits of placenta he could see, thats when I lost lots of blood. If I hadn't have eaten a few hours before, they'd've given me an emergency D&C then, but they given me medication to stop the bleeding, and it was starting to work, so I was taken off the emergency list. I had one at the next available opportunity though, and a blood transfusion after the operation. I was in for three nights. I do wonder if the retained placenta was the reason my milk supply was so low. I found it really hard to establish feeding after the antibiotics and operation because my DH was in hospital himself, so I just didn't have time to feed constantly and express. Oh well, I tried my hardest and I'm slowly getting less gutted about having to stop BFing. I suppose we're lucky to live somewhere we have access to formula and effective emergency services.

My DH had to take some medication that made him infertile, but banked a sample before starting it. We could go for more ICSI but, as you say, the cost is just so expensive. We're over the moon with R - we're so grateful that we've got even one baby.

Hoping - Glad N night in the cot went well. I put R in her cot for the first time last night, and she went down a treat. I was thinking of putting her in her basket inside the cot first, just to get her used to the view, but DH suggested to just try her in the cot and see how that goes. She was fine, and swung her arms about without any restriction at all. The cot makes her look very small though. I tried a gro bag tonight too (good idea about the bib and muslin to stop dribbles) but she's quite long and likes to sleep in a position that I can only describe as frog-legged, so the gro bag wasn't wide enough for her legs to lie flat. What did you dress N in, in the end?

Harry - hiya! Nice to hear you've turned a corner. I laughed at your comment about only just managing texts. I'm afraid I'm not BFing hun.

R has got a blocked tear duct so the Dr has told me to massage it with cooled boiled water and also given me some antibiotic eye ointment for her. I've got to pull down the bottom of her eye and squeeze a bit on the inside of the skin…I think its going to be a two person job!

Take care ladies. Thinking of Rallygirl xxx

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, October 10th 2011, 4:46pm

Sorry Shelly hun, I think we posted at the same time! Ollie doesn't sleep much during the day either? Sounds like he's got a nice night time sleeping in pattern though. Its good to know that R isn't the only one who doesn't sleep much in the daytime. At night times she's fine, but day times are just 30mins at a time...unless she wins the fight against sleep :) Don't they grow out of clothes so fast! Nice to hear you've got your DH at home a bit now xxx

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Monday, October 10th 2011, 5:21pm

hi all,

Wrote this post earlier on but it didn't post for some reason!

Can't believe what's happened to Rallygirl. I was so upset to read the news and had a good cry for them all. There's nothing you can say to make them feel better is there. Just hope that they can stary strong and get through this.

Chillimint - my GP says that incontinence probs should be better by time LO is 3 months...and if not there's stuff they can do. Like you I'm doing pelvic floors like mad. Re the spatone...I've tried this and must get some more. GP prescribed ferrous somrthing or other....I'd asked for a different iron to the norm - one that wouldn't make me constipated - but it still did. I took the tablets after the spatone had run out thinking that the tablets were free so I'd give them a go - but never again. Anyway I've been off them for a couple of weeks now but am still really struggling. I have my post natal appointment on Thursday so think I will ask the doc for something. Fibregel is doing nothing.

Booboo - great that Lydia is only waking once for a feed now. Harry is the same - don't want to speak too soon. But for the last week he has only been up once and can go from 10pm until 4am some nights. Having said that - this is not all sleep time as he can have a feed at 9 or 10 and then not settle until 10.30 or 11pm. So although it sounds great I am still not getting much more sleep. He also wakes me up moaning (before he's awake) sometimes for an hour before he wakes. But xfingers he's imroving.

Hoping - I think you were right when you said Harry may be overtired. He's been a bit better but I've noticed that after his feed and awake time he gets grumpy and satrts to cry - sometimes he's still hungrey but most of the time he will only stay on the boob for a couple of minutes so isn't hungry. He then often needs holding tight before he will drop off. I'm a bit worried about this as they are supposed to learn to drop off on their own. He does do it sometimes but finds it difficult. You're really lucky that nathan sleeps so easily. Harry fights it and then gets himself worked up screaming.

Well, we've booked the caraven site - just for 2 nights so will be away for 3 nights as staying at DP's for 1 night. So no going back now!! Going on 22nd (half term week) and have booked a site with baby changing facilities. Not that we will need this as will change him in the caravan but just thought that the site obviously welcomes babies so feel a bit better about it. Feeling more confident that we will cope with it now - this must sound daft as Harry is now 8 weeks old!

Harry - great to hear from you! Hope things are settling now. If it's any consolation I've had a difficult first 6 weeks aswell....but feel like we're turning a corner now. xx

Shelley - Ollie sounds like he's doing really well. Doesn't time go really fast?

Hoping77

What's Up?

Monday, October 10th 2011, 8:15pm

Rocky - you may already do this but if my Nathan has been awake for an hour or so, he will start showing signs of tiredness, yawning and staring into space, and when I see that that's when I know to leave him alone so not to stimulate him. Sometimes he is content sitting in his bouncer chair in the living room (not facing the TV) or I may take him up to his cot so he can have a proper nap, which I try and do at 10am and again around 2 or 3pm. Other times I will cuddle him and have his body turned into mine so he is lay on his side and I stroke his head. If he likes being in that position I know he is really tired as he snuggles up to me and grabs my top. If he is fighting it and crying I will then try and give him some more milk as that usually makes him settle and 9 times out of 10 he will fall asleep after a couple of ounces. Or we take him for a walk. At first he will cry going in his pram but as soon as we're walking he is usually asleep within 20 minutes. Glad you have booked to go away, I bet you will have a great time xx

Chilli - wow, that sounds very traumatic what you went through. Hope you're OK now. Re the grobags, on the first night he wore a long sleeved vest but when I changed him in the middle of the night his legs felt cold when I took him out of the grobag, even though the room was 20 degrees, so last night I put him in a sleepsuit but when I changed him last night he felt quite warm though I think last night was a tad milder. After checking the forecast for tonight he is back in a long sleeve vest as I would rather he get cold than too hot. He wasn't freezing, his legs just felt cool to touch. Nathan sleeps with his legs bent outwards, which I guess could be described as frog legged. If he were to lay them straight out he wouldn't fit in the grobag though I do have one that is longer than the others. I guess they come in different lengths?! xx

Shelley - glad you're well and Ollie is being good. When did he start rolling over? We tried tummy time with N again today but he still eats the mat LOL! He lifts his head ever so slightly. As he is 11 weeks tomorrow should we start doing tummy time more to encourage him to lift his head and learn to roll over? I guess them rolling over stems from being put on their tummy? xx

Harry - hiya hun, glad you found us smile2 Why was it a difficult first 6 - 8 weeks? Did he have colic? Hope you're OK anyway xx

Hi to everyone else.

Well it's night 3 of N being in his own cot and he is going down no problem. DH put him down tonight and he fell to sleep pretty much straight away. He always has a bottle before bed and is use to it now. We don't do EASY at bedtime as I prefer to settle him with a bottle and then we have a cuddle for about 15 minutes as he sits upright against me which helps with any wind and he is happy to sit there falling asleep bless him. I then put him down and in his cot whether he is fast asleep or not. Rocky - I do feel lucky that he goes to sleep no problem. I said to DH it more than makes up for the days when he can be grumpy. I don't know how I would cope if he didn't settle at night.

Nathan did another giggle today, the second time I have heard a proper laugh in a couple of weeks. This time DH made him laugh and I captured it on video smile2 . If any of you are on FB and want to see it PM me and I will tell you my name so you can friend me and see it. It is such an amazing sound and definitely outweighs the times when he screams, which is becoming less.

A really silly question but do any of you believe in ghosts? I don't really but Nathan will often stare at our living room ceiling and smile and laugh. I thought it was our ceiling light that fascinated him but when I follow his stare it is near it but not directly at it. I said to DH it'd be nice to think that my gran and his gran are watching over him :angel2:

Monday, October 10th 2011, 10:16pm

hoping - the most milk L will take is 5oz and thats usually on the dream feed and the night feed. the rest of the time it varies between 2 and 4 oz. we have lots of milk waste in our house! i do still do a dream feed but last night i didn;t as i went to bed at 9pm so i thought it was too early. we put L to bed at 7 so her last feed is usually 6.30pm and last night she lasted until half past midnight then woke again at 5am so she did really well. but tonight i will do a dream feed at 10ish cos then she won;t wake again until 3-4ish then she sleeps unitl 6-7ish so by doing a dream feed i only get woken up once as oppose to if i leave her and then i get woken up an hour or so after i'm in bed iykwim...... glad N is doing well in his big bed. i might put L in hers next month but i wanted to sort out her night feeds before i put her in her own room and we are just about there with 5 nights in a row and her only waking once for night feeds....touch wood. i've taken notes of your ritual to calm down N....lol. sometimes L can get overtired on an evening and be teary. she was like that for 2 hours this eve and then dh came home she was all smiles....typical...ha! L is still a mat muncher with the tummy time too...lol. i can't do long with her cos i just feel sorry for her. she looks like she really struggles sometimes making noises and eating the mat. bless em! xxxx

chillmint - sounds like u had a rough ordeal too with the retained placeta. thats what happened to me with the gushes ofblood but luckily i was at home. it was 3and a half weeks after my c section and i'd never stopped bleeding then one day it was just gushing out of me like u described. my dh had to call the ambulance cos it wouldn;t stop. its terrifying isn;t it loosing all that blood. at least we are both ok though now. its also the reason my BF had to come to an end cos the night in theatre away from L meant my dh had to give her formla and so she didn;t BF for over 16 hours so my milk supply just diminished over the few days after. i was so gutted cos i did really well and put so much into BFing. i still get a bit down about it now. i did combination feed for 6 weeks after but my milk supply just dwindled and L would get agitated like she couldn;t get any milk out so i had to stop. i'm still sad about it and miss the closeness i had with BFing but i just have to remind myself its not the be all and end all. we're both very lucky to be alive and have our little girls :thumbsup: xxxx

rocky - good to hear the caravan is booked. will be a nice break i bet. sounds like harry is doing well through the night. L goes from 10pm til 3 or 4am too. do u have trouble getting to sleep after the night feed. saying that u BF don;t u so u produce sleepy hormones when feeding. i used to fall back to sleep no probs when i was BFing but now i find it really difficult to drift back off. i suppose its getting up and putting lights on to warm bottles then sitting up feeding for half hour then by the time i get my head down i'm wide awake.xxx

harry- good to hear from you hun. i'm not Bfing anymore but i know what u mean about diet restrictions. i do miss BFing but i love been able to drink a coffee when i want or fizzy drink without worrying...lol. glad to hear things are getting easier hun xxx

shelley- ollie sounds like he's doing really well. L has just got into her 3-6 month clothes, she's a good size for her age too. they do grow so quick don't they? xxx

L slept really well again last night. she went to bed at 7 and i didn;t do a dream feed cos i wanted an early night so then she woke at 12.30am and then 5am then woke up at 8am. so she did really well again :thumbsup:

today she's been dribbling alot and her right cheek went red as well as been a abit unselttled. i felt her gum and it feels bumpy but not sharp. could this be teething or not if i can;t feel sharp teeth? I'll keep checking her gums and keep an eye on the dribbles and cheek. maybe it was a coinsidence and she isn;t teething just having a tired day.

i've been looking through my camera at her photo's through the past 3 months and putting away her tiny clothes that don;t fit anymore and it makes me quite emotional. i feel like the time is going really fast. i feel a bit emotional that the newborn stage is over and because she's probably going to be an only child it makes it abit sad iykwim. i know i'm prob been really daft cos she's only 13 weeks so not exactly a big girl but i just wish i had a pause button or that it didn;t fly by as fast. but then everyday she does something different and is more wonderful so i'm just appreciating every second of her. i just can't even think about next year and going back to work yet, i'm going to be so gutted.

the problem with wanting to appreciate every minute of her though is that i'm not too fond of sharing her at the mo. she has 3 sets of grandparents and a great grandma that all want to spend time with her on their own but i just don;t like been apart from her that much yet that i can give them all the time they want with her. sometimes i feel like everyone is offering me 'a break from her' and i don;t bloody want a break. does anyone else feel like this? i let my mum have L for a few hours last week but i don;t want to be tied into it been a weekly thing cos she has her other granparents that all want to babysit her but if i gave her to them all every week then i'd have far too much time away from her. i'm having sharing issues with anyway cos i hate to be apart form her. my dh asked me when will i be happy for her to stay over at her granparents at the weekends but i was like OMG i'm not even thinking of that yet and when she's older i still can;t imagine i'd want to ship her off every weekend.

then this week my friend asked me if i wanted to go out fri night. i said i would another time cos dh was playing football and tbh i wasn;t bothered about going out and getting drunk and having a hangover the next day. anyway i mentioned to dh that i'd been asked and said no and he said i should want to go out and have fun and i that i have no 'umph' in me anymore. i was pritty upset him saying that cos i only had L 13 weeks ago FFS so whats wrong with me just wanting to enjoy been a mum plus he was playing footy anyway so i couldn;t have left her with him anyway. i can go out anytime but i don;t want to yet, i've had years of getting drunk and feeling ill the next day. my daughter deserves me at my best not all hungover and not feeling up to playing with her. i like to go out and have fun, i did a couple of weeks ago on my b.day but i wouldn;t want to make it a regular thing when i'd rather be home with my baby.

anyway...sorry for the rant. just feeling a bit down cos i feel like everyone is always on my back about leaving L and telling me that i should be wanting to go out ect....grrrr X(

hope all u ladies are ok . i love this thread... :D

xxxxxxxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Monday, October 10th 2011, 10:19pm

Hi hoping - Re rolling over, Ollie is trying his hardest to roll but isnt quite getting it as his arm is in the way but earlier on he arched over to try to roll and I gave him a little push to help him and he ended up on his front, then I quickly pushed his elbows under his chest so that he could lift his head up easier and he didnt cry (for once) so that might be something to try. He only stayed like it for a couple of mins but he smiled so it was a good experience for him. Im sure it wont be long. I feel like every time I blink his grown so much..... he'll be crawling before I know it!!
Aww hoping that sounds lovely, guardian angels xx

United Kingdom

Monday, October 10th 2011, 10:30pm

Hi Booboo - your not being daft hunni, when I was packing away many of Ollie's clothes that his already grown out of I had a little cry. Those days/weeks have flown past and as Ollie was so big at birth I feel like ive missed out on having a really little newborn.
I totally agree with you about people having Lydia. It is very hard and I still dont want to leave Ollie with anyone! I have let my mum come over to look after him while I went to an exercise class and obviously DH has had him for a couple of hours here and there on his own but thats about it. We have my DH's graduation coming up in november which i've asked my mum to cover as Ollie isnt allowed to come :bawl: . Christmas will be our big test as we are away over night and the in laws are having him at our house so that he stays in his own cot.... im so nervous I cant even think about it! I cant imagine having a good time! :8o:
Its gonna happen some time i guess, just not a nice thought. Dont worry hunni, you take as much time as you need and dont commit to anyone unless your happy to give it a go xx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 11th 2011, 9:55am

Booboo - I am exactly the same about not wanting to share Nathan and hate it when people ask if they want to take him off my hands :no: . To be fair they tend to ask more if I am having a whinge about his crying so they are only doing it to offer me a break I guess. I just hate being apart from him though and the longest we have been apart since he has been born is about 4 hours. He is staying overnight at my father in laws on the 22nd as I am going out for a birthday meal with friends. I am looking forward to it if I'm honest but will probably be checking my mobile all night for any updates on Nathan LOL!

So hun don't worry about not wanting to share L yet, I am the same. DH said to me I could go out with my girl mates and he would stay in and look after N, which I am more fine with than our parents looking after him but at the moment I am quite content spending my weekends in though I think I will arrange a meal with the girlies nearer Christmas as we always have a night out for Christmas. Like you it's the hangover the next day that also puts me off. I don't think I could enjoy myself as much knowing I would have to look after him the next day as usually when I have a hangover I just want to laze on the sofa and do nothing apart from eat junk, catch up on sleep and watch TV. That would be difficult with a baby, even if DH offered to look after him I would feel awful not giving N the attention he deserves because I am too hungover.

Thanks Shelley. When I lie N down on his belly I stick his arms out in front of him so he can use them to push himself up. He does for a few seconds but then just collapses and gives up like it's too much effort LOL!

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hoping77" (Oct 11th 2011, 10:07am)

Tuesday, October 11th 2011, 9:32pm

thanks shelley and hoping. i don;t know if its what we go through that makes us more unwilling to share but i feel better coming in here and you ladies been the same. most women i know can't wait to ship there babies off to the granparents and my mum's friends daughters do it so i think my mum would like it if i did the same. i'm just nt ready though to be away from L overnight or for too many hours.

shelley - thats nice your inlaws are looking after O at your house. If me and dh decide to go anywhere in the near future i think i'd ask one of the gandparents to do the same. i bet you will miss O overnight but you never know u might enjoy yourself more than u think. u'll really appreciate seeing him too. if i had a special occasion to go to i'd go too but its just going out for the sake of it i'm not botherd about. xxx

Hoping - like u i prefer DH to Have L. i like that they have their father-daughter bonding time and every time i've gone anywhere its been dh that has looked after L and then when i get home she's in her own bed. u also get to know what your baby likes don;t u, so i know when she's with me and dh we know how she likes things iykwim. how's nathan been today, has he had anymore tummy time? L hates it. she cried today bless her. somdays she'll pick her head up and pull herself up a bit on her arms and other time she'll just mat-munch and cry...lol. we have laminate floors so i have brought the single duvet down from the spare room and we have it on the floor in the living room to play on. do u have carpets or laminate? apparently they find it a bit harder to learn to walk on laminate cos its more slippy than carpet. does nathan like his playnest? i put i cusion in L's so she's laid on her back cos she can't really sit in it yet xxxx

me and L had a Pajarma day today, it was the first one in a while so it was nice having a lazy day. L is a right little snoozer and had 5 naps today :8o: i even managed a bath and a leg shave while she was snoozing. we have done the EASY all day today and its worked really well while we've been at home. sometimes when were out and about L will just sleep in the pram so we can;t really do EASY then.

my mum came to see L today and she started crying and had a big pet lip!!! my poor mum....lol. L's more aware though now and getting to know people so she sometimes gives a pet lip if she's unsure or overwhelmed. she always looks for her mama, bless her. does anyone elses babies do this with different people? L has a big family so she'll get used to seeing lots of people. she's got such a soft and gentle personality my baby. she really makes my heart melt. isn't it immense how much you love your child? i think i can't love her any more but then i do.....iykwim :happy:

anyway hope everyone is good. xxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Oct 11th 2011, 9:36pm)

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, October 11th 2011, 10:40pm

I've said it before but there is NO way that I'm sharing my baby. She can stay at her grandparents when she can drive there. LOL! No, no, I'm not that bad, honestly…bit of an exaggeration…sorry :snigger:. When I was in hospital, DH's sister came to help DH look after R. She stayed at our house and got up to do the night feeds while DH got some rest. I bawled my eyes out in hospital, howling "don't let them take my baby!". I feel a bit silly now :O , they'd've been sooooo careful with her.

Funny you should mention pet lips Booboo, R cried a bit at the weekend when a friend of mine gave her a cuddle. She hasn't seen her for a couple of months. And R had a cry recently too when family members she sees only occasionally come up right into her face and say "HIYA!". To be honest though, it was more about the timing. Like you say, you get to know how baby likes things…and when to leave them be too! She was tired at the time, any other time and she'd have smiled widely.

Hoping - your video is amazing! Aren't mobiles phones great for taking hundreds of photos and videos?!

Shelley - I'll try the rolling thing with R. She can get onto her side but just seems to teeter there and not actually flip onto her front. She reaches for things though, and seems to want move closer to things she can't quite get to. Its lovely seeing them do new things, but they're growing so fast. I know now why people look at new babies and say "ooh, I love them when they're so small".

Love to all x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 8:05am

Haha, i did chuckle reading the first line of your post chilli!! :snigger:
Ollie didnt settle very well last night but finally went down at about 9.30pm, i am on my own this week at bedtime feeds as DH is on nights and I was strangly nervous! Silly isnt it, I spend all day with him and was nervous doing one night time feed on my own, how stupid. Anyway, Ollie was great once he was asleep and woke up at about 7.30am this morning but my bloody dog woke me up 3 times in the night!!! Its like having 2 kids!!!! First she wanted some water, then a wee, then another wee!!! So theres me at 4am standing by the back door in my undies waiting for her to do her business! Needless to say, I feel knackered today :wacko:
DH has got in from work and has told me to stay in bed for a little while and his getting Ollie ready and fed.
I went in to check on O at 4am and he had somehow managed to turn diaganally in his cot so i decided to move him and luckily he didnt wake.
Right, im off to get washed and dressed, love to you all xxx

p.s. BooBoo, gorgeous pic!

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 8:08am

By the way.... anyone going to the baby show in London at the end of the month?

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 9:09am

I have been keeping an eye on this thread for a few weeks now but every time that I try to post, something disturbs me.

I am loving to read about all of your ideas, routines etc as even though we have done it all before, a different baby means a different personality. Charlotte is actually doing really well, her nightime routine that she has set herself is bed at 9pm, up at 2-3 for 45 minutes then back down until 7-8am then she goes back to sleep for another hour or so, The only problem is that I am desperate to get her asleep by 7pm as this is Williams bed time, it may sound harsh but the second baby is totaly different as I used to get to rest during the day when Will slept (or at least get a cup of tea) but with a toddler ther is no rest AT ALL so to get Charlotte asleep by 7 would mean a couple of hours to myself. Am I being selfish?

Charlotte is quite a sicky baby and always brings up some of her milk, the hv says that she is just gready and anything she brings up is just excess but she crys like she is in pain and she only has one or two poos a day, do you think she may be constipated?

Oh no, she has just woken due to the noisey builders next door, sorry for no personals, will try next time.

blowkiss to you all

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 11:54am

Hi everyone,

Hoping - yeh, I do have to hold Harry close and he will holdonto me and close his eyes. But the problem then is that I can't put him down as even when I think he's asleep - as soon as I move he starts crying again. It's not like this all the time but some days I have found myself holding him for hours at a time. Which is just not practical. Then sometimes it turns out that he needs more food but other times not. So I find it really difficult to tell when he needs a bit more. People say you get to know what your baby wants and what the cries mean - but I can honestly say I really don't get it yet and am constantlytrying to figure it out. Sometimes I think I've cracked it when something works a couple of times but then it doesn't work again the next time. Cn't believe Nathanis settling in his cot already - well done! Have my post natal appointment tomorrow so will need to get doc to check my cut - which still has not healed properly. Did you say that yours feels quite firm or something? Well mine feels rough and different and I can understand you feeling bruised when BD as I still feel sore when sitting sometimes and this must be inside bruising. Funny you should mention ghosts....no, I don't believe in them...but harry does the same. In fact me and DP kept wondering if he was seeing things and worrying about him but it must just be normal - unless ghosts do exist!!

Booboo - been meaning to say your profile pic is just stunning. You look like a lovely family unit...and you don't look like you've recently had a baby or all the problems that you've had. Re being awake at night...well, I've heard about that BF sleepy hormone ...but I think my body is forgetting to make it. This is one of the reasons that I'm so tired all the time. After the night feed, my mind starts racing and I can't sleep. It's very frustrating. By the way I don't think you're being unfair about others not having Lydia. Like you said, if this may be your only one then you want to enjoy every minute yourself!! And ignore your DH saying you have no umf....he doesn't know what it's like to have a baby and then be so ill. You do what's right for you!! I'm packing away Harry's newborn clothes aswell - sad!

Alibird - can understand why you need an earler bedtime. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a toddler aswell. I simply would NOT cope with that. You must be so tired. Hope you can get the sleep thing sorted.

Chillimint - how awful that you were so ill. Sounds very scary. Glad you're OK now. You'd think the surgeons would know if there was any placenta left. How is everything now?

Shelley - great that Ollie is rolling over - turning into a big boy now! Harry is very strong but still doesn't do much on the mat. He bobs his head about when I hold him - and often bags his head on mine. Sounds like you've realy settled into motherhood.

Harry - know what you mean about BF. I'm still having probs and to be honest can't wait until he starts solids (feel bad saying that as it's wishing the early time away but it's so difficult). The lactation consultant that I see says it's OK to have a glass of wine (prob not the bottle though!) as alcolhol passes out of your milk at the same rate as your blood. So if you feed and then have the wine - your milk would be ok for next feed. If you did want the bottle....then you would need to have some ready expressed milk for feeding and then express at the times he feeds (after or during drinking the wine) but then you would have to dump the milk expressed while you were drinking the bottle. Hope that makes sense. Re diet - I've been told anyting goes unless you think it's upsetting them. How are things going anyway? What have you had a difficult time with? I'm still finding things hard!! Hope you're OK xx

Well, off to the BF clinic yet again ina bit. Not sure why I'm going really as it never seems to get much better after I've been. But still, it gives me something to go out for!!

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 5:18pm

Do you know? I absolutely love this thread and am proud of myself for starting it LOL! It's so nice to be able to chat to ladies who KNOW exactly what I am going through and to compare tips etc.

DH and I had a big argument this morning, well not that big but big for us as we rarely argue. I won't bore you with the details but it was over Nathan and DH being very grumpy when he is tired (yes DH not Nathan!) and stemming from that really. I just wish he wouldn't offer to do night feeds or get up early with him if he is going to be grumpy as it affects N as I'm sure he picks up on his mood and he starts crying. I try not to interfere as he needs to get use to N and vice versa but when I hear him crying it's mothers instinct to rush in and soothe him - do you know what I mean?

Anyway, I then went to my parents, which I usually do every Wednesday as mum doesn't work that day and my grandparents were there as it's my birthday tomorrow so mum had put out some nibbles and stuff for us. I fed N and then he started crying and wouldn't settle. I had winded him and he burped plus he had been a bit sick so I thought it was just because of all the noise and stimulation that he was upset but my Nana kept saying he has got wind, I can tell by the cry and I was like FFS :rant: Bless her she was only trying to help but I just get peed off when people tell me what I should be doing and how N is feeling. She was probably right as I gave him some gripe water and he seemed to settle after that, but I did also change his nappy and he had a power nap so could've been one of those rather than wind :headache . He settled anyway but I just let it get to me. Probably because DH and I had argued this morning.

I feel calmer now I am home smile2 DH should be home soon. We've spoke since this morning and are fine now but we'll probably have a heart to heart tonight, just to clear the air.

Booboo - your comment about L crying at your mum is how I think N was today with all the people there cooing over him. I think he takes after me as I hate noisy places and prefer peace and quiet so I think he was just crying to block out all the other noise.

I have carpet in my living room and laminate in the kitchen. I was saying to DH I bet we can't get a babywalker as it won't work on carpet properly will it? Our kitchen doesn't have much floorspace for him to run around as we have a table and chairs in the centre. Good idea re a cushion in the playnest as it is a bit deep for me to sit him in and not very supportive of his back.

Like you I can't get over the intensity of a mothers love. It is overwhelming how my world now revolves around this little person. I would die for Nathan and sometimes get morbid thoughts of how I would be if he was to get ill or have an accident. I am petrified and just want to protect him. I know I shouldn't think like that but it scares me.

Chilli - nice to put a face to a name. Had a nosy at your pics of R, she is beautiiful x

Shelley - LOL at you standing at the back door in your undies. DH keeps on at me about getting a dog but I said it wouldn't be fair as I would rather give all my attention to Nathan and he would just get in the way. I love dogs so we will probably get one when Nathan is older so he can have a best friend smile2 x

Ali - sounds like you have your hands full. I bet it is hard work as I struggle to find time to do chores when N is sleeping so for you to do that as well as look after a toddler you must be superwoman LOL! x

Rocky - I know what you mean about thinking you have cracked something only for it not to work all of a sudden. It is so frustrating as we think we're getting somewhere and you end up back to square one LOL! It sounds like Harry has improved loads though hun and I am finding it gets easier as he gets older so I'm sure it will for you.

Yes my scar feels very firm to touch. It doesn't feel rough. Hope your check up goes OK and also your visit to the BF clinic. So you think H may be looking at a ghost too LOL :chortle: It's weird because my ceiling is plain white and there are no shadows on it when I watch him staring so I don't understand what is so entertaining. He was laughing at his wardrobe when I was feeding him in his room last night!! Maybe the ghost came upstairs LOL! I actually got freaked out as he wouldn't settle last night, he kept whinging when I put him in his cot and only seemed happy when I cuddled him, so as I was leaning over the cot to soothe him I swear I felt something brush past me. It felt very weird, and then for him to start smiling at the wardrobe while I fed him I was like whoooah this is freaking me out LOL! He had a feed at 9pm last night after his 7pm feed as he kept waking up.

Anyway, best dash he has started crying - witching hours!!!

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 5:20pm

I really need to try and get on here more often and I will really try and get round the diaries/write personals when Norah is sleeping over the next few days. Feeling utterly devastated or Rallygirl and just cried my eyes out for her. Such sad, sad news. DH and I just sat holding Norah in a group huddle, counted our blessings and said a little prayer for Rally, Phil and little Evie.

We've had a lovely week or two with family here, so lovely to catch up, spend time and share our beautiful princess with even more family members who are smitten and so in love with her. She's our little star and getting on just great. She's up to 4410g, so putting on weight nicely and has shot from 48cm - 54cm in lenght! We had her 6 week check today, even though she is over 7 weeks and all was perfect. She cried a little at first when the Dr started poking around her, then I picked her up, gave her a cuddle and she was just perfect the rest of the time as he poked her ears, eyes, mouth and various other parts! She's sleeping so well at night and we have a great routine going with her going down around 8-9 ish and feeding every 3-4 hours then up at 8. She's smiling, laughing and in her own way communicating with us now. So cute and so lovely to see. I'm more in love with her everyday and just loving being a Mum. The only problem I would say is that she doesn't really want to settle down to sleep during the day unless we are out, then she'll sleep in the car, but other ways she seems to want to be in the thick of it all. Also when we are out in the pram, she can be crying quite a bit and i'm not sure that she really enjoys lying down? Not sure, it isn't a huge problem and i'm working on it!! I do like my walks though, so hoping it improves!

We've booked flights and are heading home for 5 weeks at the end of the month - really can't wait and hoping the time doesn't drag until then! DH is away again tomorrow, but just for 2 weeks, then he's home for 6, so lots of quality family time together then. Will just have to lunch and coffee lots with all the other mums to pass the time quickly. Lots of love to you all xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 6:54pm

Hi all

So much to catch up on.

AG- Rallygirls news is totaly devastating. It really does make you count your blessings. Even my DH had tears when I told him.
I lost a baby at 22 weeks but it can't compare to carrying a baby to 40 only to lose her in such a way. My heart breaks for the two of them.

It is lovely that your baby is awake so much. Mimi is just starting to show interest in her surroundings. She loves her mobile and singing teddy.

Hoping - you should give yourself a pat on the back for starting this thread.
With you on the tired grumpy hubbie front.
DH and I had a huge row in Tesco of all places. All over a Chicken. I wanted free range as we usually get but that day DH decided finances meant cheap ol scraggly arse chicken. Well a girl cant do scraggly arse. Not on a chicken. Geez a chicken is like a diamond to me.
All old people think babys have wind. Its part of turning 60. Its like baldness, teeth falling out and shrinking. If they see a baby in a shop that has any displeasure on their face it is wind.

Booboo - i agree with the Madam above. Your profile pic is awesome.

Chillimint - So shocked by what happened to you. Terrible.

Shelly - Your lickle fella sounds such fun.

Ali - you most certainly are not being selfish. Sorry to hear she is sickly. Mimi rarely is but when she does its like ther exorcist.

Sorry I cant see any further back..

AFM - Sunday is a family get together to celebrate Mimi. Now that she is bigger and stronger.
Mimi still wont let me put her down for too long. Making up for lack of hugs after she was born.
Her night time routine is about the same.

Oh am I alone with baby brain. I forget everything?
Anyhoo will catch up soon.
:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3: :bye:

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "taxihome" (Oct 12th 2011, 7:08pm)

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 7:15pm

Meant to also ask all you ladies on here, although I am sure that you have probably not thought about it yet, but what are you going to get your LO's for Christmas? We won't be going overboard - a)becuase she is so little b) because we are going home for Christmas and will be taking all her presents back with us. I was thinking of getting her a jumperoo or one of those ring things some of you were speaking about, but not sure what else is popular and on the go with littlies. Be good to hear what others are thinking and I too, am loving this thread. xxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 8:55pm

Hiya all :)

AG - I am going to get O some clothes and maybe a toy but not going to go mad, think we are just going to end up putting some money away for him so that we can save for something big when he gets a little older. All of the toys we have thought about getting, family have asked if they can get it for him so we arent left with allot and he is growing so fast that he'll need the clothes from us!!

Taxi - Nope you are not alone! I have to make sure everything is written in my diary else i am not able to keep the memory in my head!! We have so much to remember nowadays that its not surprising we forget stuff every so often. :snigger:

Hoping - I have to say, having our lab has become a pain for me as Ollie is so little and when she comes over for a sniff she always goes to lick him which i cant stand and she lays next to him but is obviously a dog and doesnt understand that she has to be careful! I struggle taking her for a walk with the pram and she pulls so much I worry she will pull us in the road (she has done before). Also I cant leave Ollie in a room with her as I dont trust her, I know she probably wont do anything but you can never be sure so I have to shut her out of the room if I need to have a quick wee or take her with me in the kitchen if im washing up or something. It will be lovely once he gets a little older I reckon but now its a bit of a pain.

Rocky/Ali/BooBoo/chilli - Hope your all well xx

I was wondering whether your DH's are being a little inconsiderate of whether its just mine!!!!! :cross:
Today, I have been with Ollie all day and we have had a great time visiting friends and going to baby massage, we got back at about 4ish today and DH just arrived back from an appoinment at the dentist, we sat chatting for a little while then he sat on the floor with Ollie. I suggested that I did dinner this eve as it gives me something different to do which he huffed about, then i said to him 'why dont you look after Ollie for a couple of hours so that I can do something I want to do' to which he moaned! He then said fine, but wanted to book his bits for his graduation so needed to get on the pc. Ollie was playing on his mat and did a big poo so while he was sorting out his stuff I thought I would change him and get him ready for a walk that DH said he was going to do with him. Well, he spent ages faffing around and eventually was ready to go out for the walk at about 5.20pm!!! He took him and the dog for a walk round the block which took all of 30mins so i didnt get a chance to do anything i wanted to do as he left for work at 6.20pm!!!
I said to him that it would be nice, after knowing i've been out all day with Ollie, that he just said 'why dont I watch him for a bit while you do something you want to do'. Is it so much to ask!!!!! :bawl: I love being with my little man so much but sometimes its nice to be able to paint my nails or wash my hair without worrying whether his going to need picking up or entertaining.

I'm so angry with him - Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest ;(

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 9:10pm

chillmint - lmao at your going to granparents when R can drive comment. i'm going to say that next time dh asks me when i'll feel ready for L to stop at her granparents. aww, i was same as u hun when i got re-admitted into hosp. L stayed the first night cos dh was there (its when i was bleeding though and it wouldn't stop so dh stayed the whole night). then the 2nd night i got took into theatre at 7pm and when i came round at 10 that night dh needed to go home cos he was shattered from no sleep the night before and i was too ill to have L stay with me without relying on the MW's so dh and my mum had to take her home. i was so upset and was worried about BFing her (and i was right it did affect my milk supply her not staying with me). anyway my mum was the one looking after her cos my dh needed sleep but i made sure my mum stayed at my house rather than taking her to her house (she's a smoker and although she wouldn't smoke when L was in the house i wouldn;t let her stop there cos she usually smokes inthe house). i think her having to be taken away that night has affected me, its probably the same for you hun. L was allowed to stay with me on the 3rd night i was in hosp cos i was well enough to look after her. did R not stay in hosp with u at all? R is adorable btw. no wonder u don;t want to share her ;) like Hoping said, its nice to put a face to a name....and a real name! xxx

shelley - how funny u were stood at the door waiting for your dog to do a pee in the night. what dog have u got? does he not have a strong bladder...lol. i have a labrador and it is like having 2 children..lol. does your dh do many night shifts? i hate staying in the house on my own so your not been silly cos i prefer dh to be there too xxx

alibird - u do have your hands full don;t u hun. your not been selfish at all wanting C to go to bed earlier to have time for yourself. its important we all get our adult time. i'm sure when C gets older she will go to bed earlier. its only when L was about 8 weeks old we managed to put her to bed at 7pm. when she was newborn she would sometimes be wide awake at 10pm!! re constipation - L only does 1 to 2 poos a day but she is bottle fed. when she was BF she would poo every nappy change!! but all babies are different and if C isn;t uncomfortable then thats probably ok for her. how's your son finding his little sister? i bet he's proud to be a big brother :happy: xxxx

rocky - i've said it once and i'll say it again - your determination for BFing is just amazing. its been hard for your doing a brilliant job. how did the clinic go hun? xxx

Hoping - yes, well done. u should be proud of yourself for setting this thread up...lol. sorry to hear u dh had an argument. me and dh rarely argue but we do now we have a baby! 2 different people with there different ways f doing things for this one little precious person can cause some little fallouts. i hate it too cos i hate an atmosphere and when L gets bigger i'd hate to think she'd pick up on it. my dh goes in moods rather than gets stuf off his chest and it drives me mad. plus i think his expectations are too big, like he moaned at me for going to bed last fri at 10pm...but he'd been to footy anyway so its not like we spent the night together. i was talking to my mum about it and she said some men find it difficult to adjust to another little person been the centre of attention and they can get a bit jelous of about all the attention the baby gets. i'd like to think thats not the case though. did u have a heart to heart with dh. my dh is always the most sorry person ever and i'm sure yours will be. sometimes its good to get things out and talked about. i'm quite freaked out by your ghost..lol. i do belive in things like that. i get freaked out when dh is out and i'm at home along over night. i get scared of ghosts not burglars :snigger: maybe u have an nice relative watching over nathan :angel2: xxxx

AG - N sounds like she's doing fab. great u get to go home for xmas. does your dh gt 5 weeks off then too? re christmas prezzies i wasn't going to go mad either. she will probaly need some develpmental toys and maybe a baby walker by then so i will probably get them and possibly some clothes too. i buy her toys every pay day anyway so i'll just get her what she hasn't got. but i'm going to try and not g mad cos they don;t understand at this age do they. with it been there 1st xmases i bet they get spoilt from relatives too. xxx

taxi - haha...all old people DO think any grimace on a babies face is wind don;t they..lol. i've lost count the number of times my gran has told me L has wind. :snigger: enjoy your celebrating mimi day..what a lovely idea xxx

thanks for all your lovely comments on my profile pic. we have the rest of the photo's back from the photo shoot and my mum told me to choose what i want and she's getting me them for xmas. :thumbsup: there are some stunning pictures. most of them are hub and L...how'd he get on most of the piccies and not me i don;t know..lol.

i have a question for u ladies....do any of u feel hot all the time? i had the night sweats when L was first born but they gradually went. and it was summer so i thought anytime i felt hot was because it just wasn;t cold. anyway tis past couple of weeks as the weathwe has got cold and everyone is wearing there winter woolies i'm still in vest tops cos i'm so blumming hot. my mum came round to my house yesterday and said it was freezing and i was sat in a vest top feeling hot. i used to be oe of those people that felt cold even when it was 90degrees outsideso now i'm feeling hot all the time it is unusual. i'm not getting night sweats so much but i do feel hot and clammy in bed sometimes. i've lost all my pregnancy weight too so i think i might goto dr's and get my thyroid checked. it might just be a hormonal thing after pregnancy but i need it sorting cos i can't have a cold house when i have a baby to think of.

L slept from 10pm til 5am last night. then when i came back upstairs dh had rocked her back to sleep!! but then half hour later she was stirring so i gave her the bottle i'd prepared. so we're on a roll and her night feeds are getting so much better. she usually wakes up about 8am to get up so i'm not complaining at all. xfingers we keep at this cos i'm so proud of her. only 2 weeks ago she was getting up 3 times in a night.

right best go makes some bottles. xfingers i won't be using many of them through the night though :D

xxxxxx

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 9:33pm

ah shelley, a good rant in here is always good to get it off your chest. i do it in here often enough! it is nice to have a little time to yourself. when my dh gets in from work and has sorted himself out he is then in charge of the bath and bedtime feed so i can shower myself or make tea. as much as i love been with L all day it is nice to have a spare few moments without worrying. so u have a labrador too. they are good with children which is why i chose a lab before i was preg. but like u say, they are dogs so can;t be fully trusted. i always shout Daisy into the kitchen with me rather than leave her in the room with L. i'd never think Daisy would do anything to L on purpose but she is a big clumsy thing but i am worried incase she did anything to her by accident. there tails are lethal if u get hit by them arn't they? my dh takes care of the dog walks. me and my mum walk her in the park if the weather is nice but i wouldn;t take L out in bad weather to walk a dog. and like yours mine is awful at pulling so she needs walking in parks off lead when i'm with L, street walking is out of the question. i knida know what u mean when u say it can be a pain having a big dog sometimes, but i hate to say it outloud cos i feel awful. my hubby was the one that wanted daisy though so he is her master and makes sure she gets walked. they will be good dogs though when our LO's are bigger. xxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 10:02pm

Well DH and I have had a cuddle and said we're sorry and he treated me to a Chinese for tea so I'm happy now LOL smile2

Booboo - what you say about men needing attention, that is very true of my DH. He hates it when he feels 'unloved' as he puts it and craves attention. I told him now that Nathan is here if he is crying while you're being grumpy I will go to Nathan first, always!! I haven't got time to feel sorry for DH because he is tired - he went to London yesterday with work and was out from 6am to 9pm and drove so was tired from driving. I was like do you not think I am tired from looking after Nathan and doing the night shift practically every night LOL!

Re feeling hot I have to say I use to be 'nesh' (as my mum would say) but I do feel warmer - while I was pregnant and since having Nathan. Some nights I get a heat rash and I am scratching like mad, it's awful. I thought it was my washing powder but surely it would be from all my clothes but some I can wear and be fine. Saying that I am cold tonight and sat here with a cardie on underneath my dressing gown LOL! DH has put the fire on in the living room for me. We would put the heating on but it says Nathan's room is 21 degrees so we're too paranoid to put the heating on in case it goes too hot, even though we have turned the radiator right down in there.

Are you putting your pics on FB? Dying to see them. Oh and I am very jealous of L sleeping from 10 - 5!! That's brill. Nathan goes to bed at 7pm and then always wants two feeds after that before 6am. It is so frustrating when he wakes around 5am as he often wants to get up then but we want him to sleep for another couple of hours. What do others do when your LO wakes up very early and doesn't want to go back to sleep? Do you let them win and bring them downstairs?

Shelley - nope you're not alone re DH, hence my moaning about arguing this morning. DH had a go at me because I didn't take Nathan upstairs with me while I got ready as he wanted to catch up on some sleep on the sofa after getting up with him at 5:30am but Nathan was asleep in his chair in the living room so I didn't want to disturb him. It then escalated from there.

DH wants us to get a lab. His dad has a lab and he is lovely. I said I just don't want one yet while Nathan is a baby but we will consider it when he is about 4 or 5 I think. Well, it also depends on if I am back at work because it''s not fair if we're both working either.

Taxi - lmao at your argument over chicken. DH and I argued over kitchen roll once as he wanted to get a cheaper brand to save pennies and said it will still serve its purporse but I was like I want Bounty or one of the better brands LOL and so what if it's 50p more we're not that bloody skint LOL! I was like I can't believe you want to scrimp on kitchen towel when we could save money on many other things. Oh and I agree with you re chicken. I can really tell when a chicken is cheap, if you know what I mean. It tastes awful. And LOL re OAP's thinking all babies have wind. My nana also thinks she knows everything and is always preaching. She had a go at me for not BF and still has a dig now and then. My mum told me to ignore her as she has put up with her like this all her life and she will never change. I'm just glad that my mum doesn't take after her. My mum is my best friend too and we have such a close relationship.

Who asked about constipation? I thought constipation was when you don't poo for days ?o( so 2 or 3 times a day is good isn't it and would mean they're not constipated? Or can it also mean pain when passing stools? Anyway, if you're worried I always find water helps - well it helps for them to poo - it works for Nathan.

LOL I said I would have an early night tonight but I always log on here after N goes to bed and end up spending a good hour on here reading posts and posting on here!!!

Definitely logging off now. Night all.

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 9:34am

Glad I aren't the only one who struggles with a dog. We have a beautiful German Short Haired Pointer called Vinnie, he is an absolute star but much like labs, he is full of beans and needs a lot of walking and exorcise. I am struggling to walk him atm when it rains as we have a phil and ted push chair but William is so tall that the rain cover wont go over his head as he sits high up while charlotte lies flat underneath. I really enjoy taking vinnie out as it gets us all out in the fresh air and does wonders for Wills and Charlottes sleep but it is like a military operation getting them both ready whie a mad dog runs around in circles :snigger:

Charlotte managed to go down at 8.30pm last night, woke at 1am and again at 5.30. She is really tired now but is fighting it.

Have to go, be back soon, x

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 9:51am

It's a lovely day here today, so going with some Mummy friends and babies for a good long walk later on. Beautiful and frosty, but clear sky. DH getting ready to go away today, so currently putting the winter tyres on the car incase we get snow in the next few weeks. Last year the snow started around 17th Oct, so this year we are getting more prepared!

Just when I said things were going well yesterday....the main problem is that N just doesn't want to settle that well, so she didn't go down until 10pm after trying for hours! Once she's down she's great and last night she slept from 10pm-4am and then fed,back down again straight away and up at 8am again. If only I could get her to go down after her bath at 7pm or i'd be happy with a continous 8pm! On a positive note she is now sleeping in her pram in the room here and went down no trouble - sometimes she just doesn't want to go down in the daytime, but hopefully she's sleep for a while. On the whole she's really very good though and I suppose every parent has some sort of issue or two!

Hoping - the chinese sounds yummy! I was laughing at your comment about trying to get to bed. I always have good intentions to go to bed earlier or when LO is sleeping to do more thorough household chores, but find that I do need time to myself, so end up on here, buying stuff on EBAY or on facebook! Are you on facebook? PM me your details and i'll add you.

Booboo - that sounds great RE:christmas pressies. I will need to go and have a look online for some items. Any good websites for littlies? What do you use? I tend to go to ELC for pressies for my neices and nephews, but living out of the UK just now I feel a bit out of touch with it all! DH is home for 6 weeks this next time. He usually works 2 weeks away and home for 4, but he swapped some time with another guy when N was born so he was home for 6 weeks then too. He's only been home 2 weeks this time because of it, but it will be great to be home for a long spell together. Truth be told we're testing out how we feel about being home for a longer spell as thinking about coming back. DH can live anywhere really with his job and after 5 years here, we feel like a change.

Shelley - Rants are needed! I think we all have trouble with our OH's from time to time and can all understand your issues.

Taxi -your celebration for Mimi sounds wonderful - she's adorable. My N can be a little like that - wanting to be held all the time. I actually think with us though it is because when DH is away then its just me, so she's spending a lot more time with just me. She was a little funny with DH when he first got back, but settled back into him again quickly. I have severe baby brain and don't remember anything unless it is in my diary! Also have a tendency to put things away in the most silly places!

Alibird - that is great - Charlotte is a little star for going down that bit earlier. I'm going to try and feed N up today in the hope she'll go down a bit earlier tonight.

Hope you are all having lovely days - such a great thread!! xxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 11:28am

AG - think you asked about Xmas presents. I will get Nathan a couple of colourful educational toys but mainly I would like to get him clothes. He can have up to 3 outfit changes a day some days because of sick etc. I mainly prefer sleepsuits rather than proper outfits as when we're staying in, which we will probably do a lot of if it's a bad winter (I live in a hilly area and if it snows or is icey it's not nice to drive or walk on)I just want him in comfy clothes for lounging in LOL! I also wouldn't mind some more grobags for him. Can I ask you ladies how many nights you let them sleep in a grobag before washing them? I was thinking 3 nights and then change to a clean one, unless of course he has been sick on it or had a dirty nappy in the night.

When you say Norah won't settle does she cry or will she just not go to sleep? The fact that she is sleeping 6 hours straight is good but I know what you mean about wanting her to go to bed sooner. Hopefully she will start too soon. Does she sleep in the afternoon?

Yes I am on FB. I will PM you.

Nathan has got cradle cap, which I have noticed this past week. Has anyone else's LO got this? I have rubbed Vaseline on his head so will see if that helps but if any of you have any recommendations let me know. Fortunately Nathan has hair so it covers it quite well.

Can I ask if any of you clean inside your baby's ears? I can see wax and I'm drying to clean it near the entrance of his ear canal but I know not to put anything right inside the ear as that is dangerous. What do others do? Should I just leave it? My DH says to leave it as wax is good for ears as it stops dirt and debris getting in, which I understand but I was wondering if I could just clean the outside.

Well it's my birthday today and I have had a lovely morning. Nathan got me a Pandora charm of a baby, a mum cup and a mum photoframe, which DH put a picture of me and Nathan in. I thought it was very thoughtful of DH to get these as I didn't hint or anything. I'm also loving my happy birthday mum card. I'm hoping Nathan senses it's my birthday as up to now he has been a darling, full of smiles and very content. He is sleeping now in his chair next to me.

DH got me vouchers for a beauty salon so think I'll get a full body massage and he also gave me some cash, which knowing me I will spend on Nathan LOL! I also got some Marc Jacobs perfume off my parents and a necklace off a dear friend. Still got presents to come so feeling very special.

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 12:01pm

Sorry ladies, I haven't really been reading this thread so apologies if someone else has already commented on the sleeping thing.

AG - just wanted to reassure you. For the first 16 months of her life, at nighttime Martha was always pretty much asleep in our arms before being put into her cot. Now that she is able to communicate more (is 21 months) she just tells me she is tired and wants to go into her cot. So, personally I wouldn't worry too much about little N not going into her moses basket when fully awake. M was a cluster feeder in the evenings and it wasn't until she was 6 to 7 months that she started going to bed before 9pm. We could probably have got her to a 7pm bedtime earlier but we were away a lot when she was about 5 months old so it wasn't an easy time to implement a routine.

there is no doubt that babies love routines and knowing 'what comes next' but that doesn;t mean that all babies will be easy to mould into the routine that you want them in re timings! Just try not to stress if things aren't going exactly as you want them. There are a million reasons why things go as planned one day and not the next! As they get older I found that the number of days that they do roughly the same thing at the same time also increases, if that helps at all!

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 9:57pm

hiya ladies.
Just a quickie tonight cos i'm on my phone. Me and dh were having a date night until he fell asleep next to me on the sofa....lol. Think it must have been me putting last nights big brother on that did it.

Re grobags- L generally wears hers for about 3 nights, so the same as clean sheets ect. Unless she is sick on them or has any spilt milk. My bedroom on the groegg says 20degrees tonight but it feel coooler to me. I also have a BT monitor that says 2Odegrees though so it must be right.

Cradle cap- L had it when she was a few weeks old and i bought a special shampoo from the supermarket for cradle cap and it worked. Its called Dentinox and it worked after a week and it hasn't come back.

Cleaning babies ears- i do L's every other day at least so she doesn't get spud ears....lol. I use a que tip to do the outside of the ear and go no where near the hole. So just the outer ear is cleaned but i'm extra careful to go no where near the ear hole. I just use water on one end of the que tip (but not too wet cos i wouldn't want water to drop into her ear) and then use the dry end to dry with.

L did another nigt of just one feed so i think we're on a roll. She's been waking at 8am lately to get up so i'm very happy with that. If she was to wake at 6am then i'd treat it as a night feed. But if its a one off then i can't resist her smile so +ld probably give in and get up with her...lol.

When L wakes up (normally at 8) i usually play with her for half hour then feed her. By the time she's had her breakfast she's usually ready for a nap and thats for about an hour!! I think its funny she needs a nap after sleeping all night and only been up an hour...lol. If my dh is off work he likes to get up with her but i've asked him to let her nap after her breakfast cos he usually over stimulated her and by the time i get up she's cranky. So tomorrow morning me and dh are getting up together and i'll show him how its done...lol.

Right i'll stop yambling on now...lol. Think i'm guna get to bed.

Night all and hope ur all well xxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Oct 13th 2011, 9:59pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 10:07pm

Hi ladeyz

AG - Xmas for Cicklet brings a baby walker. door hanging tigger bouncer & a highchair. Practical prezzies. I have yet to meet a baby that doesnt enjoy a baby walker.

I ditto Booboo with the ear cleaning.

PM me for my FB name

:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 11:11pm

Hello ladies,

Loving this thread as always - just wish I wrote on it as reg as you all!

I'm the same as you guys just can't believe Rallygirls news, just devastating and can't imagine how they must all be feeling. Evie was such a perfect little baby and she looked so adorable - my heart is breaking for them. Xxxxxxxxx

Well Harrison had his injections yesterday and 8 week check which all went well until I mentioned I couldn't really feel his fontanelle to which the Dr replied mmmm you are right he doesn't seem to have one!!! So now my little man has been referred to the hospital to have a scan to figure out what is going on........not sure if it's anything to worry about or not, the dr was quite vague and said it MAY not be anything to worry about! Aarrgghh what does that mean??!!! Nick has said until we get a final prognosis we shouldn't stress but that's easier said than done! Anyone heard of this before?

Xmas pressie wise we were thinking about a jumparoo too AG and apart from that just a few toys, have told the grandparents not to go overboard too as H is just far too wee and has ecerythinghe needs just now!

Sorry it's so short with no personals I'm knackered and lying in bed!

Love to you all xxxxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 11:51pm

Hi all,

Booboo - Yep, he does 3 shifts so is on a night shift every 3 weeks. Its not too bad as his around during the day which is lovely but his been offered allot of 12 hours since ollie was born and its getting a bit silly now as we dont get to see allot of him at all. Hopefully it will calm down soon. L sounds like she is doing really well with her sleeping, hope she keeps it up xx

Taxi - I've added you on FB, hope you dont mind! My name is Shelley Wall (if others want to add me then please do) x

Cradle cap - O had it at around 6 weeks old, I smothered it with aqueas (sorry about the spelling!) cream and left it on while he was in the bath too and used the baby brush and brush his head in little circles, took about a week but it came off.

Hoping - Happy birthday!! hope youve had a good one :) It sounds liek you have and got some lovely gifts too xx

Jensqui - Thanks for the reassurance, Ollie asleep nearly all the times we put him down to sleep but i do not like the thought of waking him to put him to sleep!!! Doesnt make any sense to me.

AG - Like J said, all babies are so different, N will probably go down earlier gradually but obviously is fighting it right now. I bought O up to bed at 7.30pm tonight as he was just so grizzly, he ended up going down at about 8.30pm ish after i had managed to get 5oz down him!! We might need to try 7pm though as i hate getting him changed and ready for bed when he is so so tired, he just screams the place down.

Ali - How did charlotte go down tonight? I hate it when they fight sleep! I wish i was a baby cos i would sleep all the time!! :snigger:

Lozz - sorry but whats a fontanelle? Hope the appointment goes ok x

Ollie has been very grumpy today, no matter what I did he just screamed! I think im going to buy some teething powder and see if thats any better for him than the gel. I ended up sticking him in his buggy this morning with the canopy pulled right down so he couldnt see me and after rocking him back and forth he went off to sleep for a good hour. Poor little man has not been a happy bunny at all today.
I'm off out tomorrow, leaving O with DH as i've been invited to a friends for a couple of drinks so am looking forward to that, DH has decided to not work the weekend too ( i feel privilaged!) so we are going to try to get some xmas shopping done as theres not allot of time now!!!
Im still a bit cross with DH just being a bloke i suppose :P I feel like he only really helps when I ask and then expects BD'ing even after ive had a really hard day with O. Sorry, shouldnt keep moaning, especially about my bed room antics!!!! just upsets me ;(
On a better note..... my friend had a baby girl this morning (Ellie Rose, 7lb 4oz) very proud of her :D

Night xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shelley10" (Oct 13th 2011, 11:55pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, October 14th 2011, 9:59am

Shelley - thanks for adding me on FB

Just a quickie. For those of you who have sky. I have just started doing yoga for you and your baby on channel 275. I tape it and do it whenever suits. Its fun and hopefuly will tone me up. They do great workout.programmes on that channel. Its called the body balance channel.
I need to lose about a stone and half still. I can't fit in any of my size 10 clothes. :(
Xxxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Friday, October 14th 2011, 11:36am

Oh thanks for that taxi - have just put baby yoga and post natal yoga on my sky plus - I had no idea that channel was even there!!

Shelley here is some info on the fontanelle - A: The fontanel (also spelled fontanelle) is a "soft" spot on the head. There are two fontanels on a newborns head. These soft spots, which are covered by fibrous tissue, actually allow for growth and for movement of the bony plates that make up the skull. During a vaginal delivery, the ability to have give and flex to the head is a good thing!

There is an anterior and a posterior fontanel. The posterior fontanel is much smaller and triangular and is located on the lower part of the back or the head. This fontanel will close around 6 to 8 weeks of age. The anterior fontanel (the one on the top of the baby's head) is diamond shaped and will close around 18 months of age. There are two smaller fontanels at the sides of the baby's head above the jaw and behind the ear. The anterior and posterior fontanels are much more prominent.

Your pediatrician and the hospital nurses will assess the fontanel to make sure your baby is normal and healthy. A "normal" fontanel will not be sunken or bulging. A bulging fontanel could mean increased pressure in the brain and a sunken fontanel may be a sign of dehydration. Ask your nurse or pediatrician if you have any questions or concerns about your child's skull development.

Right was going to do personals but now need to put this wee man down he has just started having a mini tantrum!!!!

Be back soon x

Hoping77

What's Up?

Friday, October 14th 2011, 7:54pm

Good evening ladies!

Booboo - I bought some Dentinoz Cradle Cap shampoo today - did you wash L's hair every day with it? What are spud ears LOL? Great that L is only waking once in the night. So do you do a dream feed then and then she just wakes up once after that and again around 8am? Nathan slept well last night but was a right arse from about 4:30pm. I know why, it's because he hardly slept yesterday, just 20 minute naps now and then and he needs to have a good solid hour at least otherwise he becomes overtired. Anyway, because he was screaming I decided to bring his bedtime earlier to half 6 as he wasn't interested in me top and tailing him and having naked time so I rushed through that and took him to bed. No matter how upset he gets he will always go to bed for me and settles on his bedtime bottle. So he goes to sleep soon after I feed him, wakes at 1:15am for a feed, stirs around 5am but I leave him to see if he starts crying and he falls back to sleep till 6:30am!! I was pretty chuft as that meant he only woke up once in 12 hours. I thought he would be starving this morning but he was fine. So fingers crossed he does the same tonight xfingers

So what did you do for date night? Or is it personal LOL ;) Nothing like Big Brother to kill the romance LOL :snigger: xx

Lozza - hope H is OK and it's nothing to worry about. Best to get it checked though eh? If you're anything like me though I'd be googling it and stressing myself out about it. I went through a phase of thinking Nathan had petit mal as he would be lay in my arms and all of a sudden start jerking and thrashing out. My mum has epilepsy so I worried he may develop it. Turns out it was normal and it's just his reflexes LOL and what they do when they near falling asleep but then wake themselves up! xx

Shelley - how did your OH get on with O today on his own? Did you have a nice time? Moan all you like in here, it's what the thread is for. I do that sometimes if Nathan is constantly screaming, I put him in his pram and throw a blanket over the hood to block out all light and stimulation but it hasn't worked yet, he still cries and I don't like to leave him for long. I find the best thing to stop him crying is the extractor fan in the kitchen. I just stand there cuddling him. Or, lately he is becoming engrossed in watching Mickey Mouse on Disney TV. I think he loves the bright colours. He stares at it and it is a good distraction if he is being arsey, especially in the evenings before bedtime xx

Can I just ask everyone - do you think 11 weeks is too early for Nathan to be getting wise to crying to get his own way? He is so much more alert now and sometimes when he cries it is like a mardy cry rather than a scream and he will look around to see if I'm there like he is testing me LOL! I don't want him to become spoilt you see and think he can get his own way all the time, especially as he gets older. For example, yesterday evening he only stopped crying when I held him facing outwards in front of the TV. I tried to put him in his chair so he could continue watching Mickey Mouse (which he does really enjoy) but he cried so I picked him up again and he stopped. The thing is, as much as I love cuddling and holding him I don't want to do it all the time. DH wasn't here last night so was on my own, so I don't know if he would've settled if DH held him instead of me.

It's hard because he probably just likes to have cuddles with mummy and be close to me, which I love, but I don't want to smother him IYKWIM.

For those I am friends with on FB please don't mention IVF or FZ on there, not that I think you would but just in case. Only very close friends and family know we went through IVF to get our miracle son. It's nice to put faces to names now smile2

What's Up?
(",)

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 1:09pm

Ali - Your HV called Charlotte greedy? I was talking to my HV about how I thought R was snacking as she was taking frequent, small feeds. The HV said (bear in mind R was only 7 weeks old at the time) "she could just be being a bit naughty". Naughty? At 7 weeks old? I didn't think it was possible? I have masses of admiration for you, looking after a toddler and a new baby. Superwoman indeed. Its not selfish at all wanting a bit of time to yourself. Employees get breaks and holidays, but mums rarely do. Oh, and R only poos once, occasionally twice, a day too (formula fed though).

AG - I'll end up buying a few clothes for Christmas I think, and maybe I should give her dad a chance to choose something for her, he loves looking round Mothercare! She's got everything that she needs but I do like Taxi's idea about a high chair. We'll certainly be buying some more Christmas lights for her to look at. That's a good stretch of time that N is sleeping for. I bet you're all looking forward to DH being home for 6 weeks.

Booboo - yeah, I think the fact that being separated from our LO's early on might have had some sort of effect on me, somewhere, deep down in my spooky subconscious! Add in the extra special-ness that comes along with having a miracle IVF babe and almost no chance of having another one, then I know that certainly makes me want to keep her all for myself! Your milk supply was affected after just 16 hours? Its not what you would call a long time really is it? Its not even a day. Doesn't give a gal much room to be flexible though :-( Hope you showed DH the ropes with L's after brekkie snooze ;)

Shelley - pah! Men! Sometimes, they just don't think do they? Has you DH been any better since you told him? Can I ask you about Ollie's feeds - how many bottles does he have a day? Did you notice him have more per feed, but dropping the number of bottles? For the last couple days, R has been having big feeds, so can go longer between them. But obviously the number of bottles per day drops. Or do you look at the amount of food he has over a day? Hope he had a better day today. When R has a screaming fit, I take her outside to walk around the patio. She'll calm down immediately being outside (heaven help me now the weather is getting worse). Sometimes, if she's not at crying at full throttle, I'll sing nursery rhymes to her which she'll listen to. I've got a rubbish singing voice but my little lady thinks I'm brilliant! Heehee!

Taxi - LOL! Its true about "wind" be the default reason for babbies crying. My HV has got a standard answer for R eating more/less and sleeping more/less - growth spurt! She always says its a bloody growth spurt!

Lozza - Hope your little fella is is ok after his jabs.

Hoping - I've noticed that R has got a certain cry/shout when I go out of the room sometimes. I'm thinking that she just wants the company. It does sound a bit mardy, a bit "oi, I'm on my own!". She's a sociable kid and loves interaction. And, as you say, its not always practical to cuddle them all the time. As she has become more interested in the other things around, she'll pay more attention to them than to me. They'll probably be off exploring and all independent before we know it.

Rocky - Everything is ok now, thank you x. The only way I know what R's cries mean are by looking at the clock. If its 1.5 - 2 hrs since a nap, then she's tired. Food is more difficult, as she's changing her eating habits recently, so I'm back to guessing again (she's 18 weeks), to be honest with you. Good to hear you've booked a holiday...and its not that long to wait either.

I'll lay R on my bed for a play and a kick while I do my hair and make up in the morning...and she falls fast asleep with no crying, no fighting at all. Flippin typical...the one place she can't sleep is the one she likes the best!

If I've missed anyone, I'm sorry. And if anyone is on Facebook, PM me your name and I'll add you as a friend. As Hoping said though, I don't mention FZ or IVF on Facebook. DH has taken R out for the afternoon so I'm going to make the most of the few hours. Have a lovely weekend everyone x

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 9:14pm

hiya ladies
hope your all well. i'm having a night on my own tonight as dh is out wetting my babies head (just an excuse to go out if u ask me..lol). so i'm sat watching x factor and its boring me cos its all lovey dovey songs....

i ended up going out last night to my local pub with my mum and Best friend. i left L with dh but she was in bed when i went out so i felt like i wasn;t missing much. although the time it took to get ready meant i didn;t spend much time with her yesterday eve. i didn;t get too drunk though cos i wanted to get up with L this morning. anyway the point of me writing this is that i went out and although i enjoyed seeing my BFF and my mum all i did was want to talk about L all night and felt a bit like the time to get ready ect wasn't worth the time away from L. i'm sure i'll go out again at some point but i do prefer my cosy nights in for now. she's just my little be all and end all and i just love been with her.

taxi - i've scrolled through that channel on sky trying to find the baby yoga but i can't see it. what time is it on hun? all i saw was a pre-natal yoga. good idea for xmas presents. i think a baby walker will defo be what i get L too. hope u enjoy your family day celebrating mimi tomorrow xxx

hoping - lol, no date night isn;t too personal, its a good excuse for me and dh to get a bottle of wine out and a take away. rumpy pumpy is usually out of the question when i'm full of special chow mein :snigger: spud ears are potoatoe ears hun....as in dirty so potatoes can grow in them. so i clean inside her ears so spuds can't grow in them...lol. re the dream feeds - yeah i give L one at 10ish then she'll sleep til about 4am. if i don;t dream feed her she'll wake up at 1am and 6am as your nathan does. so if u dream feed your effectively only getting up once in the night with them and then they should wake up later (after her 4am feed she'll then sleep til 7 or 8am rather than 6am if i'd not dream fed her). its just how it works for me and i like it that way cos i go to bed about 10.30 anyway. have u given up with the dream feeds then hun? re nathan wanting mummy cuddles - i think they are more aware at 11 weeks but i'm not sure u can spoil then yet. i suppose what u can do is create bad habits but i don;t think u can spoil a baby with love. if he likes you to hold him your hardly guna say no though are u so i'd just go with it if it keeps him happy. L has started to cry when other people hold her...my mum of all people!! my mum thinks i should start leaving her with other people so she doesn;t get clingy . i'm probably making a rod for my own back but they way i see it is there's not reason for her to want to go to other people at this age cos i don;t want her to stay out yet anyway. on the other hand though i do need to consider when i go back to work next year so i need to make sure she will be with my mum (cos she's having L for me when i go back to work). so just do what feels right to you hun and what works for you. its whatever makes u and nathan happy in the long run. xxxx

lozza - good to hear from you hun. hope H is ok after his injections and the fonanal thing turns out ok. like hoping said, its best to get it checked. hope your not too worried. our babies bring a whole new world of worried with them don;t they? i'm sure everything will be fine though hun.xxx

shelley - i've added u on fb hun. u'll recognise my profile pic. hope u enjoyed your drinks with friends and weekend with dh. i know what u mean about expecting bd... :snigger: they are hardly romantic sometimes and then they expect it...men eh!xxx

chillmint - yeah my milk supply decreased about 2 days after i was separated from L. i think the reason it reduced was because milk supply isn;t established properly until after 6 weeks and it happend before that. also the blood loss contributed. i could have cluster fed her when i got home to build my milk supply again but i got home from hospital that night and L was wanting feeding every 2 hours so i was only having an hours break between feeding. it got to midnight and i was still ill from all that had happend and i was so exhausted i just couldn;t do it anymore so i gave her a bottle of formula hoping it would give me alittle break. anyway it all went down hill from there really. sometimes i look back and wish i'd have tried harder and just cluster fed her but i was so exhausted at the time i really thought i was doing the right thing. everyone was telling me that L needed a happy healthy mummy not a breastfeeding exhausted mummy that was ill. i wish i'd have had more encouragement to keep going but it was my decision to top L up with formula so i have to live with it. can u tell i still regret it.....i must get over it!!! i'm with u on the reasons behind not wanting to share LO's. definately that all we've been through to get them plus the fact they will probably be our only child really does make me not want to miss a thing. the outlaws always hint about having L stay over when she is older but they have 8 other grandchildren so they have enough to keep them occupied...they're not having my baby on a weekend too!! hope u had a nice weekend anyway hun and had a few relaxing hours while dh was out with R. xxx

My name is Danielle Waller for anyone i'm not fb friends with...i actually think i'm friends with most of u now though. i like to put a face to a name and look at all your adorable babies.

i got L a bumbo seat today cos i tried her in one at the childrens centre we go to on a friday. she can't hold her head properly yet but hopfully she will be able to soon. i got it off ebay cos they are cheaper and cos its plastic i like the thought of recycling.

i've been doing tummy time with L and she hates it. any of you with babies older than L (she's 14 weeks on monday) when did your babies hold their heads up properly on tummies and when sitting up? i'm just a bit worried cos she hates been on her tum but i try her everyday now and she holds it up sometimes but other times she will just lays and sucks her thumb likes she's going to sleep!! i always get paranoid that i'm not teaching her everything i need to. it will be good when she likes being on her tummy cos she has a bit of a flat head at the back too....another worry of mine!

do any of your LO's lips quiver? L's lip can sometimes randomly quiver. she's not cold though. i'm going to ask my HV on monday when she comes for her 3 month check.

anyway enough ramblings from me...i can hear a piece of chocolate cake calling me from the fridge :yumyum:

hope your all having nice weekends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 10:09pm

forgot to ask......maybe a daft question.....

Do u have the sound monitor at the side of your bed when u put LO's into their own rooms? Or do u just have doors oped and listen out for them that way? Thinking of trying L in her own room soon so wondering what people generally do.

Thanks guys xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Oct 15th 2011, 10:11pm)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 15th 2011, 11:25pm

Lozza - Hope Harrison is ok after his injections

Shelley - do you use calpol and bonjella?
I used to put dummies in the fridge (if your boy has them) dip them in calpol and let them suclk away. Seemed to help them some when teething.

Hoping.- I think babies are more clever than anyone gives them credit for. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if he has got wise.

Chillimint - Mimi loves my bed too. Strange eh!

Booboo- Sent you a message via FB ref baby yoga.
Mimi loved being on her tummy in the incubator but not too keen at home. Iu suppose we just have to keep plodding on with it tho.
In regard to own rooms I won't be putting Mi in hers for a while yet as she was so prem, but when I do I have a digi monitor that also links up to the PC. It has sound too. I know with the boys I started putting them in their own rooms during the day sleeps for a week so they got used to it and the amount of noise they need to make for me to hear. Digi monitors were not around back in 10BC lol.

AFM -I was thinking of trying baby massage. Has anyone done this?
Also Mimi has really awake days and really sleepy days. Is this normal or is it because she was so premmie.

Cheers all :cheese: :xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3: blowkiss

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 12:04am

Taxi - I think the awake days and sleep days are pretty normal for some babies. N is like that too actually. Most of the time she doesn't sleep all that well or long during the days, then she'll have a day where all she seems to do is sleep! They have to catch up because it is so important for their growth.

Booboo - Once N goes into her own room then i'll use the sound/video monitor just to be sure that I hear her. You are so lucky with being able to get out! I'm jealous, although i'm sure if and when I can get out i'll be the same as you and just want to get home to my little darling! She won't take a bottle, so when she does i'll have a champagne night! I totally understand where you are coming from with being so happy to be at home just now. We've been out tonight - just N and I as DH offshore, at a friends dinner party and although it was lovely to see everyone, I have to be honest and say I didn't really have a good night because I just kept thinking this isn't fair on N being out even though it wasn't that late. I'm not doing it again as I felt so guilty, but I know lots of friends who do this and are fine with it. I can be a bit anal sometimes and should really chill out, but for me she needs to be at home and tucked up. I feel guilty for even taking her! Hope your chocolate cake was nice and i'm planning a nice date night with DH when he gets home, hopefully with some rumpy pumpy!! ;)

Chillimint and Shelley i'll add you on facebook - great to see each others babies. I don't mention IVF stuff either.

Hoping - My own personal opinion would be that I would say that 11 weeks is a bit early for them to be getting wise to it all! I've been reading supernanny's book about differnt issues with babies and she says you can't spoil them for months and how we are with them in the first months helps build their confidence and self-esteem. He was maybe just needing a quick mum hug. N was like that at the Dr, she screamed, but I held her and once she knew I was there she was fine.

Lozza - hope the injections went fine. N is getting hers on Tuesday at 8 weeks because we're going home for 5 weeks, so getting them done a little early.

AFM - N is doing well, so full of fun. Last night she slept from 9:30-3:30 then 4:00-8:30, so another good night. I'm sure tonight will probably be a different story though!! Feeling the love massively and just think she gets more beautiful each day! She's smiling lots and always looks around for me if i'm not holding her. I love how she looks at me with her big eyes as if i'm the most important person in the world to her. Makes me well up! Hope you are all well. I really should go and get some sleep. Oh does anyone know where you can get nice personalised christmas stockings and santa sacks? I really want to get N a lovely stocking for smaller gifts and a small santa sack for bigger gifts. I want it to be something she can keep through the years, so that we can say that she had that since her first christmas, so looking for something a bit more shabby chic rather than babyish. Any recommendations would be appreciated! I'm also ordering her a lovely tree decoration with her name and date of birth on to add to our tree for her first christmas - that one i'm ordering from not on the high street. Such a lovely time of year to be with our lovely babies! xxx

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 12:34pm

Oh my god.... I need a rant.... sorry girls! Will do another posts with personals afterwards but got to get it off my chest!

My friday night out got cancelled last minute so I was a little upset, I told DH (who had taken the day off so I could go) and he said he would still not go in and he would work on the hallway as we are getting the bannister done soon. He was out there sanding away and making a ton of noise while i was in the living room with ollie worrying about the dust he was breathing in so i eventually went out for a walk with him for an hour as i was getting annoyed. I called my mum to have a chat and rant about DH (as you do) and she somehow managed to turn it round her her and the fact that i wont go to her house cos of her smoking, we ended up having a row on the phone and i stopped talking cos i didnt want to go through it all again. She then text me later that night and said that 'she loves Ollie like his her own (strange!) and maybe one day i would see that', I have never said anything for her to think otherwise!! This morning she popped in, knowing that DH had taken Ollie out for a little while, and sat with me for a bit making chit chat then again bought up the fact that she can only see Ollie round here and that I should take him to hers cos he needs to build up his defences in his body and that she doesnt smoke indoors (which is a lie). I dont feel well today so i just said that i wasnt going to fight and that all im thinking of is his health. I said I wish that she would just respect our wishes and deal with it instead of keep bringing it up all the time but she then started crying and left!!! X( Its so annoying
I dont want to give in on me feelings and dont think i should but then I think to have an easy life it would just shut her up if i went round there a couple of times but then I cringe at him sitting on a play mat that absolutely stinks of fags...... :bawl: I cant win!

Sorry, just need to get it out and see what you's think?? xxxxx

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 12:39pm

AG - I love that feeling too- when they look at you like you're their world. Well, we are aren't we? DH says that N follows me around the room and pretty much everytime I go up to him now, whether it being morning, afternoon, evening or middle of the night he greets me with a smile :biggrin: It is the best feeling in the world.

I know what you mean about 11 weeks being too young and that we can't spoil them. It's just that he has this look that says I have you wrapped around my little finger LOL! I always give him what he wants if it makes him happy and if that means cuddling him for ages then I'm happy with that as it's all bonding time, even if my arms do feel like they're about to drop off sometimes LOL! He is getting so heavy. It's just that sometimes I will be standing cuddling him and then I think I will sit down with him as it can get tiring standing up with him but he starts crying and as soon as I stand up again he is happy as larry!

That sounds like a lovely idea, the Christmas stockings. Not sure where you could get them through but I'm sure google will have the answer :winking: x

Taxi - I sometimes do baby massage but haven't been taught it, I just gently massage cream into him after a bath sometimes. He seems to like it, especially his feet but I think he is tickleish, I note it says you have 2 man babies - does that mean children over 18? If so you don't look old enough to have man babies!! x

Hey Booboo - I have the baby monitor right next to my bed and the doors open, and I also have the volume on full so I can hear every noise. Last night I went to check on him at about 9pm and he was in his usual sleep position but I couldn't hear him breathing. I touched him and he didn't move and I shit myself so I started prodding him more and he then stirred. Bless him he was in such a deep sleep but I got scared as he was breathing so quietly. I fear cot death so much and we always check on him every half hour before we go to bed. I was apprehensive about putting him in his cot at 10 weeks but he is getting too big for his basket and unfortunately the cot won't fit in our room. He has been great up to now though and for the past 4 nights has only woke up once for a feed!! They haven't been at the same time but it has just been once between the hours of midnight and 6am so we're happy. Last night he went to bed at 7pm, woke up at 10:45pm, took 5 ounces then didn't wake until about 4:30am, had another feed and then slept till 9:30am!!! He was awake though for about an hour after his bottle at 4:30am but DH and I have both had a great sleep.

Like L N wants to have another sleep about an hour or so after waking. You'd think they'd have had enough sleep wouldn't you LOL but it suits me as I use that window to get ready in the mornings.

What's the bumbo seat like? I created a thread on here about that as wanted peoples opinions. How much did you pay?

I know what you mean about creating a rod for your own back, that's what I am worried about with Nathan as although I get a big head from him being clingy to me, which he is starting to be, I don't want to make it difficult for other people to look after him and for him to scream if anyone else wants to hold him. I want him to be happy and confident in most peoples company - well family and friends, not strangers LOL but you know what I mean.

And I am with those who don't want to share your LO as we have gone through so much to have these children that I think it is perfectly normal for us to want to keep them all to ourselves.

Anyway, best dash as DH has took N out for a walk so I can tidy up but I have been on here instead LOL!

Will write more later.

Hoping77

What's Up?

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 3:04pm

I'm back!! Nathan is sleeping zzzz

Shelley - I don't think you're being unreasonable at all and it's rubbish about building up their defences. Does she expect him to sit in a smoke filled room or something? It is a well known fact that smoke can harm a babies development, whether it be while they're smoking or just the smoke smell from their clothes and what lingers around the home. I personally think it's selfish and ignorant of smokers to think it's OK and it won't do any harm. I am fortunate in that none of my relatives smoke so don't have that problem but if I did I would not want to take Nathan to their house. My DH likes to have the occasional cigarette, which I hate and I make him smoke outside, wash his hands, brush his teeth, use mouthwash and change his top before handling Nathan, which he does. He only tends to have one when N has gone to bed anyway. I don't know why he smokes as he can go all day without one. He smokes more when he has had a drink.

Booboo - you said about not being sure if you're teaching them everything. I am like that too but how do we teach them so young? I worry that my activity time isn't enough for Nathan - we do playmat, playnest, me talking to him while he is sat in his chair and pulling funny faces, nappy free time on his changing mat, tummy time and sometimes he likes just to sit in his chair staring at the TV and I swear he loves Disney TV (Mickey Mouse, Jungle Junction and Agent Oso). The reason I think he likes these programmes is beacuse of the bright colours and also if we switch to another channel while he is watching it he will start to whinge and when we turn it back he is happy again - seriously!! I worry what people think about me sitting him in front of the TV as I know he doesn't understand it but he genuinely seems interested in it and more importantly it seems to settle him when other activities don't and he isn't quite ready for a feed or sleep. Does anyone else let their LO look at the TV? Nathan doesn't quite like spending too long on his playmat or in the playnest, I guess because he can't sit up properly on his own yet nor lie on his tummy for long and I also don't like him to lie on his back for long because he too has a bit of a flat head.

I think once he learns to grab at things he will have more fun on his playmat. I got him some colourful cubes with numbers and the alphabet on but I think it will be a good few weeks before he shows more interest in them.

I would like to try him in the bumbo seat, especially as he seems to like watching TV and staring around the room as his bouncer chair lies a bit too far back for him I think. I prop him up sometimes with a cushion. Or sometimes I let him just sit upright on my knee, which also encourages him to hold his head up. He looks a bit like the Churchill dog sometimes though and it flops occasionally LOL!

Can't remember who said it but great idea about a high chair for Christmas as they should all be weaned by then shouldn't they? Nathan will be 5 months on Boxing Day. Speaking of weaning at what age will you start to introduce baby rice?

I'd like a baby walker for N too but not sure how well it will move around on carpet :mmmmmm There isn't much floor space in our kitchen unless we move the table and chairs from the centre. We only have 2 rooms downstairs, the living room and kitchen, as it's a terrace. They are pretty big rooms though, especially the living room.

So this time next week I shall be nursing my first hangover in almost a year!!! Even though I am looking forward to a night out I am also dreading leaving Nathan for the longest I have ever left him. He is staying over at DH's dads. I really want to write down what his bedtime routine is and also any tips should he get whingey but I'm worried my step mum in law will laugh at me, as she has a 2 year old granddaughter who she looks after often so knows what to do but I just want to ensure Nathan isn't too unsettled by not being at home. Our routine is at around 6:15pm we lie him on his changing mat and he has nappy free time for half an hour and I top and tail him and talk to him etc. At 6:45pm I take him up to his nursery where the blinds are closed and the lights dim and he is in his sleepsuit and grobag but has a bib on and I give him his bottle while he cuddles into me and he soon falls to sleep or is near sleep as he closes his eyes. I cuddle him for a bit, holding him slightly upright, in case he has any wind and then I put him in his cot about 10 minutes after he finished his bottle. I would like for my step mum in law to do this with him at her house. I want to write it down because she doesn't always listen to you when you talk to her and I think she will just cut across me and tell me not to worry and he'll be fine etc etc. I guess it's very much like the saying 'teaching a grandma to suck eggs'!!

Would you be the same? I'd like to think she'd understand where I am coming from, being a mum herself. Thinking about it I wish I would've asked my mum to look after N now. I don't know why I didn't ask my mum come to think of it. I think it was DH who suggested his dad look after him because they have recent experience with having a 2 year old granddaughter, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, hope you're all having a nice weekend.

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 9:43pm

shelley - OMG i think we have the same mum!! my mum sounds so much like yours. she always goes on about how she loves L as much as i do and that L is her rock. one day my mum was at my house and i said 'aw isn't my baby gorgeous' and she replied saying 'and she's MINE'. i just kinda smiled and nodded but thought it was a bit odd. she always used to say i'd never understand love until i'm a mum and now i am she says i won't understand love until i'm a grandparent. she also reckons they call granparents that cos they are also parents to the baby....err no!! having said all this i love my mum to bits and we're really close. i just know she's needy and likes to be loved so i think she's depending on L making her feel loved like i used to have to...iykwim.

anyway also the smoking.... drives me mad that my mum is a heavy smoker. she used to smoke infront of me when i was a kid cos in them days no one thought anything of it like they do now. but now we are educated and i have to explain to my mum why its so bad. she used to think it was ok to have a cig then come to my house and cuddle L but i went mad with her one day when she came up stinking of smoke (she's had one in the car before coming in my house then expected to cuddle L). she then sent me a text that night saying she was not a danger to her grandchild and she loves her as much as i do. i then had big text argument about how she's not subjecting L to her bad habit cos she has a choice to smoke and my L doesn;t have a choice if someone cuddles her stinking of fags so i'm her voice and its my job to protect her. anyway my mum now know's not to come up after a cig and she's not allowed to cuddle L if she has one while she's at my house (obviously she smokes in the garden). she even told me its no good for L me not letting her bond with her smoking family members.....err no! i also have my mum come to see me rather than go to her house. she hasn;t got a smokey house to be fair cos she always has windows open and smokes by the door but i still rather her come to me anyway. she moans about this too but she chooses to smoke to its her choice to have a bad habit.

i also have a dilema cos she's always said she'd look after L for 2 days so i can go back to work and not pay for child care but that was before i thought about her house been a smokers house. she never smokes when L is there but its still smokers house. i've been to my mum's about twice sinse L has been born and always sat in the living room (cos she never smokes in there) but i've never stayed long. now i;m thinking if she looks after L whilei'm back at work then at some point in the day she will need a cig and then she's going to be handling L. but then i don;t want to put L in nursery until he can talk so i'm in a pickle about what to do. i'm going to have a word with my HV and ask her if there's any leaflets about smoking and 2nd and 3rd hand smoke so i can educate my mum. cos i know my mum wouldn;t do anything if she really thought it was harmful to L. the problem is that she doesn't think its harmful if she smokes outside, she doesn;t understand its clung to her clothes and hair ect. so i think what we both need to do is educate our mums more so they understand. we can never get them to stop smoking cos they'd have to want to themselves but if we do educate them more then they should see why we are as we are with our babies. afterall if they love them as much as they say then they'll want to do whats right. your totally right but i know what i mean about an easy life...somtimes i feel like i'm so wrong cos all L's grandparents are smokers and think i'm over the top so it makes me feel like i'm been stupid about things. hope u get it sorted with your mum hun cos i know i hate it when i argue with mine. its not your fault though, what your saying is right xxxxx

taxi - i have L's name down for baby massage but there's a waiting list so we'll have to wait a while. L has sleepy days too...and lots of them! i think different babies just need different amounts of sleep. L loves her naps and sleep. she went to bed at 6pm last night and wasn;t ready to get up until 9am (with a few feeds inbetween though). aif mimi doesn;t usually sleep alot i think it can mean they are having a growth spurt. xxxx

AG - aw the xmas tree decoration your getting N sounds wonderful, where's it from? i also like the stocking idea. u've put some xmas ideas into my head now :thumbsup: N sounds like she's doing really well at night. i'm sure she was fine been at your friends dinner party. i do like L to be in a routine but if we ever go out its nice to know we can take her anywhere and she will usually just sleep..lol. i do prefer her to be tucked up in bed cos i know she's likes her bed so much but on my b.day meal i wanted her there (cos she was all i wanted for my 30th) and she was as good as gold and slept through it all. i bet you really miss your dh when he's away. he will really appreciate his time when he's at home won;t he. i bet N will get really excited for daddy comng home when she understands xxx

Hoping - lol at you prodding nathan....i do that all th time. i go check on L and i can't see her breathing so i put my hand on her chest to feel her but sometimes its so shallow i can't feel her so i have to give her a gentle prod :snigger: she wear a respisense on her nappy at bed time, its a movement monitor and would alarm if she was to stop breathing. i don;t rely on it though so i still bab myself if i can;t see her breath. N's doing really well then isn;t he with sleeping. i use L's morning nap to get ready too. then the second nap i do house stuff then. i bought L's bumbo for £15.50 with £6 postage so just over 20 quid. i always bid at the last few seconds though cos then your less likely to get outbid and often get it cheaper than if u were in a bidding war. they arn't supposed to be used until they can hold there head thereselves ot 4 months but L is getting there with her head so i think she can use it soon. it will be good for when i'm weaning her cos he'll have a proper chair to sit in if she's not mastered sitting herself by then. my HV is coming tomorrow for L's 3/4 month check and she said she was going to discuss weaning. i think i'll have to wean L early cos she's a big baby but i'm not sure how it works cos i want to make her meals myself rather than the jarred stuff. and not sure if baby rice is a good idea for L cos its just carbs and has no nutritional value and i don;t want to bulk her up cos she's already a big baby. not sure how it works though so i'm sure my HV will explain.

so funny that nathan winges when u turn the tv over. :snigger: i do prity much the same activities as you. L does alot of cooing and babbling now so we do alot of 'talking'. i'm also paranoid about her laying all the time though cos of her flat head at the back. i can't wait til she can use her bumbo. lol at N's churchil head....L is the same. my dh called her stevie wonder cos she was once sat up and was nodding side to side. don;t babies make u laugh, bless them.

i don;t think your daft at all writing down your routine for MIL. just cos she has a grandaughter doesn;t mean all babies are the same cos they are not. it will help settle nathan been somewhere different if his routine is the same. babies like predictability. you can write it down then if MIL needs it then its there and you've done everything u can. i rattle on at my dh when i leave him with L and he's her dad!! so i'd be worse leaving her with anyone else....yep a huge list would be left. i know what u mean about teaching somone to suck eggs but when my gran holds L its not the way she likes sometimes. just cos m gran is a mum and a gran doesn;t mean she knows what L likes so i'd still leave a check list. do what makes u feel better hun. its a big thing u leaving N over night for the first time. i'm sure MIL will understand. how come u didn;t ask your own mum? if i asked outlaws to look after L before my mum she'd have a fit...lol. but thats just how my mum is! just have a good night hun and enjoy a full nights sleep after xxx

well today L had a really good day doing tummy time. she held her head right up and stayed for a good while. i'm so glad cos i was getting worried...as u do! i can't wait til she's doing it more cos she needs tummy time so she's not layed down all the time as her head is abit flat at the back.

taking L for her 2nd set of immunisations tomorrow. got a really busy day tom as i have a blood test at the drs at 9am cos i am hot all the time and still get night sweats. it might be my thyroid been a bit over active due to pregnancy. or it might just be something and nothing. the at 11am i'm back at the same dr's for L's injections (annoyingly they couldn;t do us both at the same time) then at 1pm the HV is coming to my house! busy busy busy.....

thanks for the baby monitor replies. i was thinking of using ours for bedtime but wanted to check i wasn;t been OTT.... and so what if i am anyway...lol.

as i've been sat on here L sometimes lets out a cry down the baby monitor but when i go upstairs she's fast asleep. she must be dreaming!! does that happen to anyone else? she does it often, lets out a cry but she's still asleep.

anywayhope your all ok and had nice weekends xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BooBoo" (Oct 16th 2011, 9:45pm)

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 10:02pm

Taxi - thanks for the tip re: teething, will give it a go. O has been very very moany today. I've not been well so went up to bed earlier for a couple of hours and all i could hear was O screaming the house down for DH. One good thing.... when i came down at about 7.30pm he said 'how do you do it! it isnt easy'!!!! :snigger:
I have been doing baby massage and find it really good and its introduced me to 5 other women who live in my area with simular age babies. We are going to keep in contact after its finished too so well worth it. Ollie seems to enjoy it and i try to do it at least once a week.

Hoping - thanks for the support, she is being totally unreasonable and i think she is fully expecting me to give in if she keeps on and on. She will just drive me away if it keeps happening. I dont mind so much when he about 1 but not yet. She just doesnt get it. I am going to write stuff down for MIL and she has asked to come round before hand to see how we do his bedtime routine so that she does the same.

AG - Think im going to order lovely nice xmas stuff for Ollie as i want to make a big deal out of it. I know he wont know whats going on really but its his first one!

BooBoo - I have the monitor plugged in on my side as im a light sleeper but also keep both doors ajar just to keep a listen out. O has only recently, within the last maybe 2 weeks, started to really arch his back while on his front and actually look like his enjoying it. He really holds his head well now too. We tried him in his bumbo again and he is very nearly there but just gets really wobbly when tired. We must have the same mum i reckon! I just wish mum would leave off a bit, she is pushing me away by being difficult, its horrible. I was at her work the other day and she kept dragging people over saying 'look at MY baby!' !!!! Thanks BooBoo, nice (but not nice if you get me?!) to have someone in the same situation as me. I might ask the HV too about leaflets but i think my mum would actually throw them in my face! i dont know what to do for the best with her, i wish we didnt live so close to her then she would probably not moan as much :( Horrible to think that though. I'm lost.... i think its just going to get worse with her. Her DH doesnt say anything, just sits there. he doesnt smoke and i honestly dont know how he puts up with it. She smokes in the kitchen (yuk) and said that she would smoke outside while he is there but i am the same as you, it clings to her and then he will breathe it in. Why should i subject him to that, he has no voice yet so i have to do what i think is best.

Chilli - O has 5 feeds a day. 11oz then 4 x 7oz. He would take more if i gave it to him i reckon but i tend to finish a feed then quickly put his dummy in or play time so that he doesnt cry. Going to start giving him little bits of food soon as i think his ready for it.

Thanks for adding me on your fb my lovelies, its great to see your bubies!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Shelley10" (Oct 16th 2011, 10:10pm)

7 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

7 guests