You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Danielle" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 10:36pm

Work Life Balance!

I have just returned to work after having DD and am struggling. I am a teacher and luckily only work 3 days, but the amount of work I have to do outside school is crazy and I am struggling to fit it all in whilst looking after 2 children in the day. I managed to get them both to sleep today at 1pm and they were both still asleep at gone 4pm. I would never, ever let them sleep that long in the day but I was so desperate to get my work done, especially as I'm being observed in the week. DS is still awake now, it's 10.30pm!! I put him down to bed at 8pm and he's been up in his room playing and chatting ever since. I feel so guilty! Poor thing will be shattered tomorrow and all because I wanted some time to get my planning done.

My DH works away a lot and most weekends so he isn't around to take the children while I get on with my work. I am constantly thinking about work, checking e-mails from my team and wondering what I need to plan next. (our school is due to have Ofsted in November as we failed out last inspection so the amount of pressure and paper is awful) I hate it as I just want to be a mummy on my days off but I'm finding it hard and am always guilt ridden! X(

I think I just needed to get it off my chest, not sure what I can do about it, apart from leave my job, but not sure I can do that right now. :sadface:

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, September 16th 2011, 12:13pm

Oh honey. I'm sorry you're under so much stress.

I'm starting uni in a couple of weeks and will be working part time so I'm going to be in the same situation soon.

I find planning and writing a list of what I have to do and limiting my time checking emails to a certain time helps.

My plan for uni is to do as much work there are possible. When I can't it's going away till O is in bed.

That's the idea anyway!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Jun 30th 2011

Children: 1 gorgeous boy Ben

Friday, September 16th 2011, 1:10pm

Hi Danielle

It must be tought having 2 little ones when you also work. I work full time 5 days a week my son his 2 and I have days where I feel really guilty and stressed.

The way I see it is this - everthing you're doing you're doing for them nice clothes holidays etc. As long as you spend quality time at the weekends.

My mum was and still is a psychiatric nurse and always worked full time when I was liitle. It has never made a difference to me as I remember all the fun things we did back then. We are and always will be very close.

Don't beat yourself up you are doing really really well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Claire
x
MARCH 2008 IVF #1 BFN :bawl: GRATEFUL FOR 7 SNOW BABIES FROM THIS CYCLE

JUNE 2008 4 SNOW BABIES THAWED AND 2 PUT BACK RESULTING IN OUR BFP!!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, September 16th 2011, 4:44pm

Hi Danielle,
I haven't got kids, but I am a teacher and I know there is little work/life balance. I also know how stressful it is with the observations etc. Can DH or a member of your family help you a bit? Especially when you have to be observed and/or ofsteded or if there a re special deadlines for you like reports etc..?
Take care
:xxx:

• "Danielle" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Children: One beautiful little boy born 31/07/09, One beautiful little girl born 25/02/11

Friday, September 16th 2011, 6:38pm

Thanks ladies. Got a horrible cold today so I've not got any work done or been a fun mummy today, can't win eh?!
DH is working all weekend, so my mum is going to have DS and DD for a few hours on Sunday. I'll just have to be super organised and get it all done then. I was supposed to be meeting up with an old friend and her kids on Sunday, something always has to give.

ICSI #1 BFP MAY'08 ;( MC @ 8 WKS

Reg: Apr 11th 2011

Children: 11 year old daughter (IVF)

Friday, September 16th 2011, 9:58pm

I work part time and before DD started school I often put her in nursery for an extra morning if I had work to do at home, not ideal as A you want to spend time with them and B it's extra money but at least I knew when I could get the work done and make my mummy plans around it x
PCOS + poor mobility = ISCI April 11

Age 40 so odds against me! :8o:

xxxxx

:BFP: 24th April!!

Baby Lily arrived 16th Dec 2011

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 4:33pm

Hiya

I work full time and completely sympathesis, I never have enough time, am tired when I am with G and constantly feel guilty. However, as previously said I also tell myself its to pay for living, its not for fun and if there was another way Id find it. I think its a good idea to take some time just to do that and then you can concentrate on doing fun Mummy stuuf.

:hugs: xx

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 7:34pm

Hi Haven't got any adice just wanted to share that i'm in exactly the same boat - I started back teaching recently 4 days a week in a school that is once again due a full ofsted inspection because we failed a few years back and went into special measures. The work load is unbearable - I used to be very competent and organised with planning and stuff and since having DD and going back to work I am seriously stressed and slacking - not through choice but due to the fact that there just aren't enough minutes in the day to get everything done. When i'm at work all I can think about is DD - I just don't feel capable any more. I hate not doing my job properly and I'm really beginning to dislike all the SLT for putting so much pressure on. I am looking for way's to make a million ha ha. Sorry, that really hasn't helped :(