You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Harry" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Monday, November 28th 2011, 9:36pm

Baby rice and baby porridge - wind!

Hello,

Wonder if anyone has any advice. LO is now 20 weeks, has been breastfed exclusively (a stubborn bottle refuser!). We started last week to introduce some solids because I wanted to take it slowly and have time to introduce foods bit by bit, working up to a more varied repertoire by the time I go back to work. He was also ticking the boxes in terms of things like opening mouth for a spoon, supporting head easily, watching us eat etc.

Baby porridge first (Organic banana porridge) - really bad wind. Reminds me of the colic days not so long ago. Lots more unsettled, screaming when put down at night etc. Tried switching to baby rice today to see if that was better, think it's worse.

Any advice? I've heard that the cereal based foods can do this and read that it might be better to switch straight to purees, concentrating on the less fibrous fruits and veg to start with. But wondering if it's better to stick it out a bit and get his system used to it or given that I have the time, avoid the things that are upsetting him at this stage and introduce them slowly later.

Many thanks!

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Monday, November 28th 2011, 11:02pm

Hi Harry,

I'm sorry I've no tried and tested advice as I only started R on solids a couple of weeks ago (at 23 weeks). I don't know about the effect that cereals have on baby digestion, but just wanted to say that I went straight to veg and fruit purees. I'd tried her with tastes of purees sucked off my fingers which she seemed to enjoy, so I gave it a go.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

• "Harry" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 10:25am

Thanks Chillimint!

Purees seem to be doing the trick at the moment. Pear went down a treat (at about two thirds of a whole pear), carrot less so but it was a bit lumpy! Onto avocado or nectarine today! It's messy but fun!
Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy: