You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "EvelynsMummy" started this thread

Reg: Mar 15th 2012

Children: Evelyn Kate

Friday, March 16th 2012, 1:35am

Worried about my daughters weight?

My daughter is 16 months and weighs two stone.
I have always been really careful and determined to make sure she has a healthy diet. Since she started weaning at about 6 months she has never really been interested in milk so has had it only at night out a beaker since then. During the day if shes with me she will have weetabix & fruit for brekkie, usually a ham or cheese sandwich for lunch with a yoghurt & grapes and for dinner she will have a cooked meal (spag bol, cottage pie, chicken dinner, rice & veg, pasta bake). Or sometimes she will have beans on toast (low salt/sugar beans). For a snack she will have fruit, a biscuit or some 'goodies' baby crisp things.
She's at nursery most week days where they will give her healthy cooked meals. Anyway I weighed her on the scales the other week (havnt took her to get weighed properly in ages) and the scales said two stone!! I don't know exactly what her height is but everyone, even the midwives/ health visitors from when she was first born has always commented on how tall she is. When I look back at photos from when she was about 8 month old (and weighed 20lbs then) she was soooo chubby! She's definately thinned out even though she has gained weight. She still looks a bit chunky- kinda looks like elastic bands are on her wrists? That's the only way I can explain it lol. I just want to know what your babies weighed at this age??
And if her weight sounds normal?
I'm going to take her to see the health visitor next week I just need some reassurance I think??
Thanks
Baby Evelyn born 02.11.10 : D

19verve

United Kingdom

Friday, March 16th 2012, 7:33am

i really wouldn't worry....... but you could take her to see a health visitor and they will publict your mind at rest. My friends lo weighs one stone more than mine and they are both within limits. my lo is twenty eight pounds and two years eight months.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, March 16th 2012, 7:55am

:hello:

I would take her to get weight properly if you are worried. I made the mistake of weighing my daughter on home scales and it scared me to death as I got a hugely inaccurate result!

It sounds to me like you are doing everything fine, certainly that is a very healthy and balanced diet.

Try not to worry, I am sure the HV will be able to reassure you.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, March 16th 2012, 9:17am

Hi, Hun

My nurse (equiv of UK health visitor) constantly scolded me for over feeding my son as he weighed 10 kg at 6 months and about 13 kg (a touch over 2st) at a year. They did not take his height into account at all. When I took him to the paediatrician for his general checkup, the paediatrician said that, as he was 95th centile for weight but also 95th centile for height he was not overweight at all. He also looked like he had rubber bands at his wrists and ankles.

Even now with my son weighing 25.5kg (4st) the nurse says he is terribly overweight, but he is also 123cm (48.42inches) tall and, per the CDC website, he has a BMI of 16.5 leaving him at a healthy weight for his age and height.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, March 16th 2012, 9:30am

personally I wouldn't give it another thought. Martha has weighed over 2 stone since about the same time as your daughter. She eats healthily and is constantly on the go burning off energy. I haven't had her 'officially' weighed since she was a year old at her health check and I have no intention of taking her. We have a height chart in her bedroom and, although not clinically accurate, I'd say she was around the same percentile for her height as weight.

babies, toddlers and people come in all shapes and sizes. Ask yourself this, if the health visitors said she was 'too chubby' what exactly would you do? Sounds like her diet is pretty normal and doesn't need any more adjustment. You'd probably just be back on here complaining about the HV attitude! I bet as the spring and summer progresses she will be constantly running and climbing and will 'thin' out even more.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, March 16th 2012, 11:06am

Exactly what Jensqui said.

My LO has always weighed a lot. They thought I was weaning early when I told them she was still on milk and didn't start weaning till 6 months they couldn't believe it.

She is in proportion though. She a tall lass.

She also still has the wrists.

Sounds like she has a healthy diet and is happy. Eventually she will lose the chubbiness but I bet she grows taller too!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE