You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

FHsMom

• "FHsMom" started this thread

Reg: May 5th 2012

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 8:50am

Home work issue..

Hi everyone! Is it just me or has someone else here experienced the struggle on home work? Because since my son stepped into high school, I have been having this difficulty to make him do his home work. I mean even if its just a simple art assignment he doesn't seem to care. His excuse is always, its just a little part of the whole grade, but its not just about the grades but there is also an effort grade hanging on his neck. I tired telling him, scolding him and I dont know what to do anymore. ?o(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "FHsMom" (May 5th 2012, 8:52am)

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:36pm

:hello:

Just read your post and didn't want to leave without giving a reply. I'm way off having to worry about this stuff as my LO is only 18 months at the moment.

Perhaps the best thing is to just leave him to get on with it, or not as the case may be. He'll soon learn to give more attention to things if he get a poor grade and a telling off from his teacher! I am guessing from your language that you are in the US? I don't know how much homework you guys get given over there if that's the case. Our kids get it really piled on them and sometimes I think it can be too much.

If leaving him to it really isn't an option to you maybe you could set him a timetable and get him to do half an hour followed by half an hour of something he really wants to do?

Just a thought, what do I know, I've got all this to come! I'm only just entering the tantrum stage!!!

xx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:49pm

I have a teenage stepson. He usually remembers it the day it's due and do I tell him it's tough and he gets into trouble at school.

We also take his laptop off him and pocket money gets stopped if he doesn't pull his weight.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 5:29pm

hi fsh'smum,

i soooo understand exactly where youre coming from. my son is 16 and getting ready to do his final exams. homework has always been an issue. but after 7 years of trying to get him to do it, taking pocket money & priveleges off him. rewards if he did it (not often he did).it has got to the stage where the school are giving him detention every other day & there phoning me constantly with hes not done this,that & the other. and im sorry after 7 yrs of this, my answer is sorry, im not speaking to him about it, i will support you in whatever decision you make concerning him but im not going to make our relationship suffer by fighting a losing battle with him. my mum (a wise woman) once told me "you can lead the horse to water, but you cant make it drink" and "we all make our own roads to hell". so basically, hes nearly a grown man and he has to start making hid own decisions concerning his responsibilities. i cant make his mistakes for him. all i can do is sit back and wait to pick up the pieces when everything falls apart.

i love him with all my heart but he has to learn by his mistakes. frustrating for me though, cos i can see the end result. and its not pretty.

sorry i have no advice, just wanted to let you know i understand exactly and youre not alone

good luck

xxxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done