You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:00pm

I've finally stopped!

Well, Freya is now 18 months and one day old and tonight, for the first time, I put her to bed without a BF :(

She's been faffing about with it for ages so I knew it was more or less time to knock it on the head but I was putting it off, partly because I didn't want the stress of changing her routine and partly because I didn't really want to stop anyway!

Anyway, tonight, I had a new story book for her so we had that instead of singing and BF and she didn't make any attempt to have 'Beeboo'. I don't know whether to be sad or pleased! xfingers it's not just first night luck! I need a break before I start again with number two. I hope I can be as successful at BF my new LO come October, I certainly won't assume that my new baby takes to it as well as Freya did.

xx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:26pm

Well done you, such an amazing thing you have done for Freya. I stopped BF as soon as I found out I was pregnant again, as I wanted to give my boobs a break!!! It does feel weird to stop, but lets hope she settles well every night. I remember after 1 week any sad feelings had gone. As you are such an expert lets hope it goes well with your new baby :) I am really worried about a new one, as I'm not sure I'll have the time to do quiet hour long BF as my DS isn't at nursery :S
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:26pm

Ah, it is very sad stopping hon isn't it, well done for getting to 18 months!!! I got to 14 and DD was quite poorly and couldn't feed and so my bobbillies (as she calls them) stopped working :( its such a strange and emotional thing isn't it. Still, as you say, a little break and then no doubt you will have another to share that special time with :) Xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, May 7th 2012, 9:03pm

Well done Gracie, you've done a fantastic job! :thumbsup:

xxx

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 7:21pm

Thanks everyone!

Lottie - Looks like you are in a very similar position to me, Freya won't be at nursery either so it's going to be fun having a tiny and a two year old to deal with! Congratulations on your pg, it's funny how things work out isn't it, I had a natural miracle too!

Dusky - I love the funny names they come up with! Freya called mine 'Beeboo' :snigger:

Polly - Thanks! xfingers my new LO takes to it as well. If he/she does I figure I might get my body back to myself sometime in 2014 (not that I am complaining of course)

blowkiss

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 9:20pm

You both may find your new LO feeds a bit different, my DD2 did she would fill up quickly and stop where as DD1 would feed all day if she could. Also DD1 was 19 months when DD2 was born she wasn't/isn't in nursery and at the time I was living 150 miles away from our nearest family so no one about to help out, for us BF worked partly because I tandem feed but also because I gave DD1 cuddles while DD2 was feeding.

Gracie 2014 sounds like ages away!