You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 2:43pm

Follicle size

Hi - does anyone know anything about follicle sizes, and where they should ideally be?

I had an u/s yesterday on day 9 of stims. I am on 150 menopur and .25 cetrotide, they're keeping the meds low because I had lots of antral follicles and over responded last cycle.

I had roughly 5 follies measuring 10-12mm on one side, and 4 at 10-13 on the other, there were another 15 smaller than 10. They told me to continue with the same dose and go in on day 11 for another u/s.

These figures didn't sound that good to me, mainly because they seem to be growing more slowly than last time. By day 8 I had 2/3 follies at 17mms and 6/8 at around 15mms. They triggered me on day 9!!! I am 3yrs older now and at 39 concerned that my dose should have been upped yesterday just to speed things along.

Any of the more experienced ladies got any thoughts? I have no idea what's good or bad xxx
I

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 11:30pm

Hi Lizzy I was told that the most important is that the follicles are similar size which they are for you :)

Good luck!

x Rianon

• "lizzy dripping" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2009

Children: Boy, girl, twin boys

Friday, May 25th 2012, 12:39am

Thanks for that, I had no idea x
I

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Friday, May 25th 2012, 8:20am

Hi,

I was told that they aim to retrieve 10-15 eggs as more than that is associated with over-responding which they try to avoid. Your health is their main concern, although I know how you feel - once we decide to put ourselves through this, we want as many eggs as possible for our efforts!

It looks like yours are coming along nicely though - try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!)

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE