You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 5:20pm

Jappy- I think you probably know what I'm going to say...I am struggling with the massive life adjustment too. I love ds and feel so lucky to finally have him but I feel like I'm playing at someone else's life and its going to be snatched away or life will go back to how it was. I don't want anyone to think that I am not happy to have a healthy boy after so long and feel bad and guilty for expressing how I feel. The days (with the addition of an extra 7 hours in the night) are quite samey even when I do go out and about. Anyone sorry for going on. I'm with you Jappy about recognising me like losing your identity - sorry xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Jappy (25.11.2012)

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 5:52pm

Louise - you sound so down hope your ok, i know some days feel like ground hogg day but i think as they get a little older it gets a little easier, were all here for you, it's a shame we don't all live closer to each other
x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 7:08pm

I have to say i think you are all being fantastic and brave to say how you really feel. SO many people don;t admit to these feelings, but so many people feel them. i love my DS an amazing amount, and i can't imagine lie without him - he IS my world, but i still get those feelings, which make me feel incredibly guilty, but you know what...i think they might be normal, just people don't talk about them.

I remember having an awful first trimester of pregnancy and my friend (older than me and had sadly not had children after many miscarriages and no luck :( ) saying to me that women let each other down in this way, by not talking about 'how it really is' - i think this is the same with being a new parent too. It really isn;t easy being a new mum...it really isn;t. You are all doing wonderful jobs and this thread is for exactly this reason...to talk to each other honestly about how you really feel.

I think you are all fab...sorry for all my gushing!! But i do!

blowkiss

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

2 registered users thanked already.

Jappy (25.11.2012), louise78 (25.11.2012)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" is 40 years old today
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 7:31pm

I agree BGE! This side of parenting should be talked about more! It is so hard, especially at the beginning. It's hard work in itself let alone the lack of sleep on top. When I say something about how I'm feeling to DH, wishing dd would sleep in her Moses basket, or being tired etc, he just says, well, yu wanted children. As if that covers it... Of courseI wanted children, and I absolutely adore the bones of them, but could really do with a lot more help and support, and somebody to tell me I'm doing it right...xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 8:02pm

Ladies I couldn't agree more, I found things hard to deal with in the beginning not DS he was perfect, but was really struggling with my feelings surrounding everything.. Infertility, my c section and of course wanting to be a good mum!!
I started seeing a counsellor and she has been fab and it has taken me till recently to realise since having DS I have been trying to find myself again, but that person is gone so now I'm focused on finding myself who is also a mum!!! We can definetly be both people :)
It's so hard to adjust to our new lives, and you do sort of think someone is going to come and take them away any second like there not yours, I know I felt like that also!! I cried the first time it popped into my head just looking at him thinking he's not mine :( it made me very sad!!
But now I look at him like I deserve him so much and he deserves me he is my absolute world and I can't remember a single day with out him, and quite frankly I could care less about the past now my future is sitting hugging his daddy :)

Soppy post I know!! That came out of no where rotf
You all are remarkable women, each and everyone of you have fought so hard for your little ones and are the best mums xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 9:40pm

Lovely post Cheenab! X

I am definitely not the person I used to be, not having a working life, no social life, other than children related stuff, having absolutely no time, or money, to myself and devoting myself completely to my girls, putting them before everything else.DH things I am wrong in this, but his parenting is so different from mine, in that he doesn't see them a great deal as is at work, he says they are solely my responsibility as it is my job to look after them...hmmm...

I really wouldn't recognise the person I used to be, but I wouldn't change it for the world! Xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Jappy

Reg: Sep 10th 2009

Children: One

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 12:44am

Ahhh thanks girls, I feel so much better now :o) I have been struggling with my feelings a lot. I too think someone is going to take him away from me and say I am not doing it right etc DH looks at like I am mad and says I am a great mum etc but I can't help feel that this happens to other people and not us. It just still hasn't sunk in. I am also stressing about getting PND. I know I am fine but am trying to find the "something wrong" in all this because I can't believe it is all going right.

Sasha - he has let me put must on him tonight so that's a step forward. He was bashing his face earlier :-( have to do something about that. I am going totals him to doctors on Monday just to check out his teething and confirm what I can give him because he is not yet 3 months. The calpol says only give twice before seeing doctor so am going to do that. I am getting the teething salts tomorrow as well though. They do the ones you say Sasha in boots also - they are on-line so hopefully in the shop as well.

Just back from holiday. DS slept through the flight. We upgraded to first class and he was crying when we first got on. The stuck up passengers faces we're a picture - they expected to be spoilt....lol. But he slept anyhow after that. I had to eat my meal with one hand and leaning over....the things we now have to do eh. Can't remember the last time I did not rush down my meal !!

Night everyone xx
Jappy

MY DIARY - Jappy's Journey

6th time lucky. BFP 30.12.11 : D
twins confirmed 10.1.12 :faint:
Lost one twin at 9 weeks. So sad x
Baby James born 18.9.12 - Finally blessed : D

louise78 (25.11.2012)

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 2:40am

Thanks too ladies although I hijacked jappy's thoughts I think we are coming from the same direction. I'm ok sasha thanks things are falling into place a bit more now. I won't go on but my baggage has been difficult to deal with since having ds but I am learning to deal with the guilt of enjoying him and my dream finally being here in one piece. I am out and about doing things and monitoring pnd but I know what you mean Jappy when you're not sure if the feelings are just normal or the beginnings of pnd or blues.
Tbh I have never been very open until this...it has helped with regards to recognising that this is how 'normal' people feel let alone people who have been through treatment and heartbreak. Thanks for all your honesty too.

Anyhow on a lighter note dh has just got up to sort ds - after a bit of a prompt from me lol!! Making the most of it as he'll be off duty tomorrow due to work.

Night all xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Jappy (25.11.2012)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 3:05am

Thanks goodness for all of you! I'd go insane else!

Hope you had a great hols Jappy. Well done DS for sleeping, first class, very nice :)

So pleased things are slotting into place Louise :)

Well done DH :thumbsup: Need to change DDs nappy in a minute and can't decide whether to wake DH to do it...xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Jappy (26.11.2012)

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 6:01am

Me too dusky on the insane thing!

Question - ds seems :thumbs up: (everything crossed) to be so much better on the colic milk (comfort actamil) gaviscon and colief and is hopefully now just waking up for a feed in the middle of the night. The problem now is with dh and I we can't seem to sleep with him in the room?! Any tips? He slept so well last night - even quietly and peacefully (did have waves whitenoise playing too) but we didn't. It's ridiculous! The only thing I can think is to put him in his own room but he's only 8 weeks ... Anybody have/had this problem and any ideas? Xx
:thumbsup:
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 6:12am

That's a tricky one...I know lots of people that have moved them at this age, and younger, but personally I think it's a bit young...

Do you think yours is still habit? What about DH! Xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 6:34am

Possibly mine is yes...going to try going to bed later so more tired. I think dh goes to sleep but claims he hasn't because his sleep has not been so sound xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 9:06am

Morning girls

louise - you sound a lot like me, i would go to bed exhausted but couldn't sleep and just as i was dropping off ds would wake up, one night i fell asleep and didn't wake until ds did, i got such a fright but then after that things got better. Is ds quite quiet at night? Sometimes mine is which doesn't help with sleep but i have a sensor pad so that could be an option to reassure you lo is ok.

jappy - your post made me laugh, eating with one hand is a challenge in itself, we had dinner with friends last week and i had finished mine way before anyone else, everyone started laughing at me but like you say if you don't inhale your food when you can you might not get it

i'm so happy to have this forum, you are all amazing woman and have to agree that if you ask most new mums they all say it's great etc but don't tell you how hard it can be and that's without being depressed, i think what we are feeling is totally normal

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 9:24am

Thanks sasha - we have a sensor pad. Unfortunately ds is either very noisy or sooo quiet which both I find difficult to sleep but the sensor pad helps when he's quiet. Think I have got into a pattern...guess i will sleep at some point lol!

Yea the one handed inhaling is a skill lol!! Xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Monday, November 26th 2012, 8:18am

Hi ladies. This my first post here after becoming a mummy 5 weeks ago and I'm really hoping you might be able to help me.

My twin boys have been pretty content apart from a bit of trapped wind which was sorted with Infacol. However, over the past week or so they have started vomiting after their feed (pretty much every time). They seem to get a little agitated before they are sick and it takes them a while to settle afterwards. I spoke to another twin mummy who thinks the Infacol could be causing reflux so we've stopped it but it still doesn't seem to be any better.

I would be so grateful for your thoughts/advice on this as I'm getting less and less sleep at night due to them not settling and we're going through clothes, bibs and muslins at a ridiculous rate. By 4am last night I was at the end of my tether after no sleep and had to wake DH to help mr settle them as they were both crying...bless him, he's been brilliant :)

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wannabemum82" (Nov 26th 2012, 8:21am)

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 9:13am

Morning girls

wannabemum - my ds was a sick baby after every feed, it was a nightmare, he was born in july and i remember looking out the window and counting 15 bibs on the washing line lol, i to thought it was winf and gave infacol which made him projectile vomit, turns out he had reflux and he was prescribed infant gaviscon to help, not sure if your bf or ff but you can get reflux/stay down milk you could give a go before trying gaviscon

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Monday, November 26th 2012, 9:21am

Hi Sasha and thanks for the advice. Having stopped the Infacol the wind seems to be ok but we're still getting fountains of vomit after most feeds from one twin or the other. Somebody recommend Cow & Gate Anti-reflux milk to me as the boys are ff so maybe I'll try that first before going to the Dr. They're on Aptimil at the moment so the price is the same (we get through a tub every 3 days at the moment!).

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 9:53am

Wannabemum - i have heard the cow and gate stuff is good, i use sma reflux milk but only because i was using sma anyway.

looking for some advice, so i have been advised by my gp to wean ds and start pureed food but i'm a bit lost as to how much i should be giving at this age, i have started porridge in the morning, the instructions say one spoon to 3 spoons of water is that ok to give him all that at this age? and from baby jars how much should he get? i'm going to a weaning class on weds but i like to hear what others do and not what some health visitor has been told to tell me to do. very lost at the mo so any advice would be much appreciated

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jappy

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Monday, November 26th 2012, 12:13pm

Hi All

Louise - I still have DS in with me but he doesn't really make any noise at night so once he is asleep we all sleep through. He is already getting big for his Moses basket though so that will probably be the factor that gets us to move him. I am not looking forward to it though. I want him with me all the time :-(

Sasha - can't hel with the weaning as DS too young. I did have a demo though from the HV and they say just go with the flow of what you eat from 6 months and what you say before that. I am sure someone will come along with advice ...

DS slept well last night and his teeth don't seem to be bothering him today so fingers crossed he stays happier. Going to Baby massage this afternoon. I just hope it stops raining !!

Hope everyone else is well x
Jappy

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 12:17pm

Jappy - glad you had a better night, we have had a bad night and an even worse morning, ds is one very unhappy boy and we were going to take him and see santa but i'm exhausted

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jappy

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Monday, November 26th 2012, 1:23pm

Hi Sasha - Oh dear. What happened to babies becoming good from 12 weeks ? It seems it is not going to the case !!

DS still asleep - gonna be late now !!
Jappy

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 1:43pm

Hi ladies, welcome Wannabe :)

I am having a bad day too, and a bad night, been in tears a lot... Dd has just started to be sick after every feed, and she is in so much pain with her wind. She not settle at all, just rocking her in the car seat having got dd1 from nursery... She has also been really fussing at feeds...I so hope it's not reflux again... I thought infacol made it worse with dd1 too. Am trying colief homeopathic drops, don't think they are doing anything though...

Sasha, I'm afraid I can't really remember exactly what I did, but they'll only eat what they want anyway, just start with a spoonful of porridge/rice and see how you get on, good luck, so exciting!! :)

Have fun at baby massage Jappy xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Jappy

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Monday, November 26th 2012, 6:23pm

Oh dusky I really feel for you :-( I hope she has settled now x

Baby massage was good .... Got pee'd on 3 times !!! That's my boy !!
Jappy

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 8:35pm

Jappy - can i join your pee'd on club, i always allow ds some nappy free time on my lap before bathtime, so first he pee's on me, then farts then to top it starts touching himself in a very inappropriate place lol

well ds went to bed quite quickly but think a combination of antibiotic, calpol teething salts and teething gel have knocked him out, will see how long it lasts

took ds to see santa today he was so good and even got a toy :)

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jappy (26.11.2012)

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 8:54pm

Whoever was asking about weaning..was it you sasha? I'm sorry mind is all over place. I did baby led weaning, but if you are doing pierces, most people I know found annabel kamel book very helpful. Although their advice was to choose a couple of things front the weekly ,emu, otherwise he's have you cooking up a new thing for each meal adm unite frankly who has the time!!! But it has a good plan for each week how to introduce nd what happens with milk in take nd when etc....

Hope that helps xxx

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, November 26th 2012, 9:29pm

When I weaned DS I pureed a few diiferent fruit and veg, froze them in ice cube trays and put the cubes in to labelled freezer bags. I started with pureed pear for a few days before moving on to carrot, both are very sweet! I introduced something new every couple of dys nd mix an matched the cue when he tried them all, parsnip and pear go well together! By introducing one thing at a time you can keep an eyeout for any allergies. My DS has always been a big eater and I think he was having3-4 cubes per meal to begin with. I avoided jars due to the cost and potential for waste.I also gave fingerfood early on, toast, fruit and veg sticks, bread sticks etc. I plan to do the same again but mash rather than puree. Frozen fruit and veg are great too, particularly the frozen berries, that can be added to natural yoghurt. I hope this helps!!?

Hi everyone else!!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 10:08pm

thanks girls

bge - a friend recommended those books so ordered 2 from ebay

so silly question time, my ds is 4 and half months, i gave him porridge this morning, one tea spoon of the baby porridge mixed with 3 teaspoons of water and he ate it all along with a bottle, a bottle at lunch then at tea time i took a quarter of a jar of baby food and he eats maybe half along with a bottle then a bottle at bed time, is this too much food, too little or just right for this stage? i no a lot is trial and error and once the jars are done i'm going to make in bulk and do the ice cubes, i'm sure he would eat the quarter of a pot of baby food if i let him and it's just the veg i have not the meals but i'm woried i'm over feeding? also is it ok to give pureed fruit at this age and at what meal do they get it?

jasper - my ds is going to love finger food he watches every mouthful i take and i allow him to have a wee chew at a carrot batton as he's teething and loves it

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Monday, November 26th 2012, 10:58pm

I need to dig out my old diary cos I can't remember...I know that DD ate a lot more than her friends right from the offset, people were always surprised how many ice cubes I gave her...she was never big though, I don't think you can over feed at this stage can you? They won't eat it if they don't want to. If I remember rightly I did baby rice just at breakfast for a week, then added lunch for a week, puréed fruit/veg and then tea, yoghurt and then built uo from there. DDs favourite was banana and advocado mixed together! I had a few AK books, they are great.

Am hoping to do BLW this time...

I am sooooo tired!! Got a busy day tomorrow, craniopath, then baby gym, then the zoo and then HV is here.

Hope everyone gets as much sleep as possible xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 7:19am

I didnt strat weaning til 6 months so I dont know what the guidelines are at 4 months but I know at 6 they can have anything. I used to give fruit or veg at any meal to begin with, it was only later when he had tried all sorts of fruit and veg that I planned the meals so that it was cereal for breakfast and fruit and veg for lunch and tea. As Dusky said you cant overfeed them, if they aren't hungry they won't eat it! It might be worth checking how much milk DS should be hav8ng though, so that you know that he is getting all the nutrients he needs.

Busy day for you Dusky!!

DD has just started to roll over :thumbsup:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 7:47am

I didn't start til 6 months too, perhaps see what HV says too re which foods etc

:thumbsup: Well done Imogen! : D Clever girl!

Car alarm. Even going outside my house for 15 minutes!! Xxxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 7:49am

No, it's the bloomin Surestart centre opposite, so loud!!!!

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

flossyv

Reg: Jan 3rd 2012

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 9:55am

Morning all
Haven't had chance to post on here for few days, so hope your all doing well.
Thanks for advice ladies and sympathy with the DH front, we had a chat at the weekend and things are bit better now, basically I think as in women think men are mind readers and they should be thinking like us but they don't so DH just said I need to tell him or ask him if I want him to do stuff, so fair enough. We'll see how it goes and he said he will sleep in same bed as me at weekends and give me a lie in on Sunday's and I'll give him one on Saturday which I am happy with.
It's tough, marriage and then having a baby, it's so new to us and such a learning curve but I know things will get better and it's just about adjusting to the new life.
Sasha I don't know much about weaning, but my hv told me last week that baby led weaning is best not that I have a clue, but my friend whose little girl is just over 4 mths has started on baby rice and pureed carrot and veg, I think do what is best. Let's not forget it wasn't that long enough that babies were weaned from 4mths anyway, they change the goal posts when they like.
Dusky how are you? Is DD2 better? The crainologist working their magic and getting more sleep?
Jasper woo hoo to DD for rolling that's it now, they'll be crawling and walking and then we really won't have time to do anything!
BGE how are you?

Well weather nice here at the moment, the sun is sort of out and no rain which makes a change. Not going to do alot today, going hairdressers tonight for colour so DD being looked after by MIL and SIL as DH got footie this evening, so hopefully she'll be tired when I pick her up later. Went docs yesterday and think I had start of mastitis over the weekend, doc was really nice wouldn't give antibiotics told me to feed through it and massage boobs etc and if it got worse to call up for prescription. she was only reluctant due to having them and BF so fair enough, but it's better today.
DD is sleeping a bit better, very sniffly in the morning and sneezy, not sure if it's just a build up of mucus overnight or start of cold. I have raised the bed nest and give her gaviscon in the evenings so not sure if that is making a difference or not, but want to start some sort of routine when she is 6 weeks so next week. just need to get my monitor sorted now.

Sorry for rambling, I think it's cause I miss adult conversation during the day....hope you all have a good day take care x

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 12:18pm

Hi girls

flossyv - thanks for advice, my hv is nice enough but very by the book and makes me feel guilty about the way i do things so i haven't asked her advice on weaning, however when i had ds at the docs last week she suggested weaning now as ds is a big boy and also a friend i have whos a midwife said to start as ds was a big boy to, i'm happy to wean now it's just very daunting and i no most people try and get to 5 months, i was on solids (not pureed) at 3 months and think i turned out ok lol, my ds sneezes all the time to and my dh sounds just like yours.

well done imogen on the rolling over, ds has just started to roll onto his side but the terror on his face is hilarious when he thinks he's going to roll all the way over, yet he can go from front to back with no problems, funny wee creatures aren't they

hope your all well

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 7:53pm

Hi girls

very quiet on here hope your all well

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 10:15pm

Hi everyone hope your all well?
Got an app through this morning for DS 7-9 month check with the health visitor on the 11th, I've had to fill out a questionnaire of things he can/can't or sometimes does, out of the list there's 3 things that he isn't doing yet so hope that isn't to bad, there mainly to do with standing!! Bless him he's a bit wobbly!! ;)
He's got 2 teeth through now, he looks so weird!!!!

Hope everyone and your LO's are good xx

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, December 2nd 2012, 7:28pm

Hi everyone my internet is down so using phone for a few days now, its doing my head in! Cheenab dont worry that he cant do all the things I recently had the same for DS and they didnt even ask for the forms! I think the main they will be looking for is can he sit, which I know he can as I have seen on fb!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 5:44am

Hi all after a bit of advice (again!)
So ff ds, at night he was going 11pm, 3.30 and 6 ish for feeds...now it's all gone all over the shot! He's waking for a feed every two hours 9, 11, 1, 3.30 and 5- I'm exhausted feel like we've taken a massive step back! This has been getting steadily worse since his injections last wed. Any thoughts? He had 5 oz (wouldn't take anymore!) and still woke 2 hours later acting like he's starving. Tried giving him some water - that didn't help and he just spits out a dummy? During the day is started only going 2 hours and having small feeds too- tried breaking it in the day and he did go four hours. He had been doing 4 hourly in day too.
Hope this garbled message makes sense!?

Hope everyone is well xx

:S
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 7:02am

Hi Lou, could be a growth spurt hon? Or perhaps because he's been feeling a bit under the weather, is is temp ok now? Xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 8:18am

His temp is back to normal but has a touch of diarriohea... Thought the growth spurts only last a couple of days and at 8 weeks??? Xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 8:36am

Hi Louise, my DS was the same really picky with milk and the hv said he could be teething so I put a little bit of bonjela on his gum before a bottle and he drank it fine, he was 8 weeks also!!! Growth spurts happen all the time apparently, if he doesn't eat sleep poop aswell as he should be people just say to me he's having a growth spurt and that's at 7months!!! ;)

Jappy

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Friday, December 7th 2012, 8:44am

Hi Louise

Exactly the same here. Once you think you have it sussed it goes back. DS started doing 2/4/6am for a few nights and he only used to wake once. He also seems to drink less and won't fill up. They have growth spurts all the time as dusky said. It's all normal. Just really tiiiirrrriiiinnnggggg!!!!

Question from me: DS is 11 weeks now. Should I be having a going to bed routine? He still goes to bed with us and sleeps downstairs and we take him up with us. He is cranky from 7pm and this is when he has his PJ's on etc. should I be now doing a bedtime routine and getting him to sleep in the quiet etc? I don't want him in his own room yet. At the moment we are going to wait til 6 months.

Thanks x
Jappy

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 8:46am

That cheenab - I asked dr about teething and he said he is too young - even though I know this is not the case! Hv aren't blinking useless around here- not getting back to be or returning my calls so I've given up with them xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Jappy

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Friday, December 7th 2012, 9:08am

DS started teething for about 5 days then it stopped. The MW said it is the teeth moving below the gums and will stop and start for months. dS was irritable, crying and had upset tummy. He was also dribbling a lot. He was about 9 weeks at that stage so not too early at all !
Jappy

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 9:31am

Hi girls

louise - i could be wrong but your ds is still too young to be getting water unless its for constipation or a medical reason and it fills them up so they won't take milk, my ds also started teething at 8 weeks but no teeth appeared until 16 weeks.

jappy i have had a bedtime routine from an early age my ds is a nightmare at that time of night to so i feed at 4pm then bath about 6.45pm pjs on a bottle at 7pm then in bed for 7.30pm, my ds is still in a crib in my room, gives me and dh some us time.

well we have now had a week of through the night sleeping : D hope it continues

hi to everyone else

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jappy (07.12.2012)

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 12:23pm

Thanks sasha - the water was recommended by hv (only a small amount) to stop the constant feeding. I do know lots of people who have given cooled boiled water. Anyway not something that's working for us anyway. Xx

Glad your lo is sleeping through- there's hope yet then lol :) xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

flossyv

Friday, December 7th 2012, 2:36pm

Afternoon ladies
Not been on for a while been poorly sick with the virus that is going round, so went to my parents yesterday morning with DD and spent the day in bed whilst they looked after her and brought her to me to feed, ended up staying overnight which was nice, and feeling better today. Thankfully I don't seem to have passed it to her.
It's horrible though being sick and the other all the same time and trying to feed...i was literally throwing her off my boob before running to the bathroom (sorry tmi) but glad it's gone now.
Louise I know some of my friend's little ones started teething really early so possibly it is that, I hadn't heard about the water but seems quite sensible to do if recommended.
Jappy i have started a bed time routine this week and mine is 6weeks and it was really to get her used to day and night and darkness etc and give me and DH some time in the evenings to ourselves. The 1st night worked brilliantly, bathed, fed and in bed my 7.15pm and was asleep straight away until 22.30pm when she needed feeding whcih was fine, and tuesday night was bit tougher and then last 2 nights haven't worked with me being ill. But going to continue with it. I'm not getting too stressed by it or worried if it doesn't work but wanted to try it. Do what feels right to you, lots of people have different opinions and views on routines and I think you have to suit yourself and baby.
Dusky how are you and DD2? is that the hammock working well now?
How nice Sasha a week of sleep....lets hope it continues for you
Can't believe Xmas is a few weeks away, I haven't started anything yet, feel so unprepared. We are going to get the tree though this weekend but I really need to start buying presents, anybody got any nice ideas what to get DH from DD, something sweet and personal? I like unusual presents.
Trawling the net for ideas, as my baby brain is still raging I think
Well ladies I am off to get my nails done, and my parents are looking after the little one for the hour so catch up later have a good day ladies x x

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 4:17pm

louise - think all hv seem to give different opinions, i asked if my ds could get water as he's now 5 months and she said no, to be honest i have never really listened to her though lol, hope you have a better night.

flossyv - think i have the bug you have been feeling awful today

well just had a huge fight with ds, why are men so thoughtless sometimes

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, December 7th 2012, 5:00pm

Just a quickie, catch up properly later.

Flossy, have done nearly all of mine online, in the middle of the night :) I'm doing hand/footprints on something, did hug a mug for him on dd1s first Christmas. That pottery painting place on the barbican is great.

Two poorly girls, dd1s been fluey for ages and now dd2s got it, she's really rough today bless her, eyes n nose streaming and horrid hacking cough :( xxxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, December 8th 2012, 5:52am

Morning Flossy, how are you? Xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

flossyv

Saturday, December 8th 2012, 7:16am

Ladies
Bit of advice please. My little one seems to really enjoy
Laying on her belly and will sleep like that in the day on somebody's knees. I seem to have a problem with her
Laying on her back in her bed in the early hours after 3am generally and she gets really restless kicking and throwing her
Legs and arms around, and I always end up bringing her in with me on my chest.
My mum has suggested sleeping her on her belly with a sensor pad underneath as not got one. I know they don't recommend it, but I was put to
Sleep on my belly and probably lots of you ladies were.
It's so hard as I said earlier gp told me to do whatever to get some sleep but is this something
Any of you would try with the pad for that peace of mind?
You know how it is...6 weeks in and I thought things would be getting easier, thinking of going to ff now to see if that would help
She's a devil in the mornings now constantly wanting to feed off me! Even got a nice bruise where she sucked so hard!! Bless
Thks ladies x

8 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

8 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE