You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 8:27pm

I am starting to think about what I will NEED next! The phil & teds is an inline double but I am keeping an eye out for a cheap side by side double suitable for off roading as DD is getting a bit big for the back seat for long walks. I am watching the local facebook selling site like a hawk!!!
The mountain buggy must be well built if its still going after 11 years!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Thursday, April 18th 2013, 10:03pm

We got given this lovely side by side one from a friend, my sister and me use it when we take the kids out together!!! And it's not the usual bulky one either its quite a slimline side by side!!! ;)
Dp always told me I wasn't allowed any other after his parents shelled out for the oyster for us!! But now he just gives in and says get on with it :P anything for a quiet life I think rotf
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Friday, April 19th 2013, 7:58am

I think its great you all gave got second hand buggies. My sister is due on the 12 June so we are looking for a double when we are together think it might make things easier.

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 8:58am

Hi girls

Hope your all well

I'm looking for some advice, my ds just won't go to anybody other than me, dh and my parents, he doesn't just have a wee cry it's a full blown melt down, I have tried sitting beside him when someone else has him, reassuring him, holding his hand, I've went the opposite way and ignored him but nothing works, I have just had a vaginal cyst removed and my dh has had to go off sick to watch ds because he won't go with anyone and so many people have offered to help me, when i'm back at work he will go to a child minder, he was there for an hour and a half last week and cried the majority of the time he was there, he is very very sensitive but i'm going back to work in 4 weeks and i'm getting more and more stressed.

Also my ds seems to catch every illness going is there anything I can give him or is it just one of those things?

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 23rd 2013, 9:26pm

Aw Sasha, Zachary has moments like that also!! He won't even go to dp sometimes just screams!!! My hv keeps saying its completely normal, they are just becoming more aware as they are growing up.
Zachary was like it last week when I took him to the crèche but then today I took him he was perfectly fine!!!
It is strange isn't it, bless em!!!

Well like I said I took him to the crèche today, when I got him home afterwards he was having his dinner and I noticed he had like a bite mark on his arm when I went to get him from the crèche no one said to me someone had bitten him!! It has really annoyed me, I'm taking him down there to get weighed tomorrow so I will be having words with them!!!!
I know kids bite etc, it just the fact no one told me!!!

My not so baby boy is 1 on Saturday :D
We are going out for a nice family meal on Saturday then on Sunday having a few kids round for a little party!!!!
Best get wrapping all his presents!! We said we wasn't going to get him a lot, but the little presents are stacking up rotf
Got some lovely photos done of him at tumble tots, got the proofs through today :) he looks so grown up!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this lovely sunny weather xx

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 1:35pm

sasha our DD went through the exact same thing about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its never been an issue before, she's been happy to go to anyone, then for a few days she would only be held by me, she cried if her dad picked her up - in fact on a couple of days, when he got in from work, instead of the usual big smile from her, she had a total melt-down at the sight of him!!! He wasn't very happy about that, but it wore off after a few days and she is back to normal again now :) I think they just go through clingy phases, and the paediatrician the other day mentioned that she'd be going into a "stranger fear" phase about now. She was happily waving and smiling at everyone in Sainsburys yesterday though :)

cheenab that is awful that no-one told you, Zachary must have cried when it happened so how could they not have noticed? Poor little lad, hope he is ok.

We had our final check with the paediatrician the other day, over DDs mild HIE, and she is absolutely fine, no signs of anything at all, which is what we thought. Nice to have it from an expert though :) We still have to watch for the developmental milestones same as everyone else, but he said he would really expect her to develop completely normally. We are now fairly relaxed and starting to accept that she is totally ok :thumbsup:

Has anyone got any experience of the Gymbabes classes (Tumbletots for pre-walkers)? I'm thinking of signing up for a group now she is crawling, but would be interested to hear if anyone has done them?
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 3:32pm

We go to Gymbabes caraz, I think it's fab- Zachary loves it. He wasn't even crawling when we started going then within a month was crawling and walking I am convinced it helped :)
Spoke with one of the crèche staff today she said no one mentioned to her about him being bitten and there was nothing in the accident book, but she's going to bring it up at there meeting and give me a call. Like you say surely he would have cried- it defo looked like a bite mark to me and dp and I showed my sis and mate a picture I took of it and they said it did also!! Today there is a bruise there, hope I'm not overreacting- I know kids bite but just want to know why I wasn't told, or now why they wasn't watching to see it happen!!!

Hope everyone else is well xx

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 9:02pm

hi girls

well my ds was back at the child minder today and it went slightly better than last time, I think it has a lot to do with dh dropping him off and not me, does that make sense?

Should I be worried my ds cant pull himself up into a sitting position? he is trying but know where near doing it, I had a friend over today now feel totally paranoid she was like my ds could stand, walk round furniture, crawl etc and my ds cant do any of that.

hi to everyone else

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, April 24th 2013, 9:37pm

Hi ladies,

Sasha fingers crossed he will get used to being around others with out you. It probably just a phase. I wouldn't worry to much about your ds not doing the sane things as your friends lo each baby is different and he will do it when he us ready. If your really concerned talk to your HV or Dr.

Afm- took Henri to DR's while he was crying. Which helped loads now they believe me when I tell them he is in pain. He us now on gaviscon 6 Dose's a day and omeprazole once a day. If this doesn't work they are referring him to the hospital.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, April 25th 2013, 8:13am

Hi everyone,

Sasha my DD is slightly older and she can sit very well and leans forward to reach for toys and that is it!! Her friend who is a week older can crawl pull himself up etc but they all vary so much so do not worry, it could be a while yet til they are moving. It's so hard not to compare,but I would say enjoy it, as life is alot harder when they can move! : D

Chennab my DS has been bitten and been the one to bite at nursery and I have always been told and when he was bitten an accident form was filled out which had to sign. Make sure you get some answers, but it may have only taken a split second an they didn't see and he may not have cried. It's a horrible feeling though so make sure you are happy with what they say.xx

Hope everyone else is well.x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, April 25th 2013, 12:18pm

Thanks Jasper, he can sit fine and lean for toys and sometimes ends up on his tummy, if he is sitting on the couch he can pull himself forward but from a lying down position he can't get back up, normally I don't compare but felt quite emotional about it yesterday.

hi to everyone else

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 25th 2013, 1:21pm

sasha I really wouldn't worry (easy to say I know!!), they really vary so much. DD only managed to get into a sitting position from lying down about 4 weeks ago - she figured it out at the same time as crawling, she was going backwards for the first couple of weeks, and kind of backs herself up into a sitting position. Of the other babies in our group of 6 (DD is youngest) only 2 are properly crawling (inc. DD), and 3 of the others still can't get themselves up into a sit, and are barely rolling. They are all between 10-11 months. By contrast a friend has a DS who was crawling at 5 months and walking at 9 months!! DD has gone from not crawling, to crawling backwards, then forwards, then pulling up on the furniture and now starting to cruise in about 4 or 5 weeks - it happens very fast once they get going!!
Caraz

IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, April 29th 2013, 10:00pm

Our baby boy is 1 year old :D

He has had an absolutely fantastic weekend, and been spoilt rotten by friends and family!!!
He has been full of smiles and giggles :)
We had a little party for him yesterday and it was so amazing seeing him playing with his little friends, and everyone said what a lovely time they had and I throw a good party, apparently :P

I had one certain family member who tried to ruin his birthday for us, but we are not goin to let him ruin our little boys birthday or life, ahole!!!

Anyway enough of that!!!!!

Hope your all doing well xx

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 10:02pm

Hi girls

It's very quiet in here how are you all doing?

Looking for some advice, my ds still gets 3 bottles a day and isn't great at drinking water from a sippy cup, when do you cut the bottles down to 2? And is it ok to stay on formula or should you move to cows milk at the age of 1? Also any advice on getting my ds to take water from a cup, I have tried several and even added some diluting juice but he pushes it away, he will however drink from a mug which is fine if i'm in the house but not great when out and about.

He also seems to push quite a lot when doing a poo, i'm not sure if this is just his way or if he really struggles to do a poo without going purple, he has been on gaviscon from a young age and I have tried several times to cut it down but then he seems to have lots of wind from both ends, better out than in I say, but it seems to really agitate him and i'm sure lack of water doesn't help, any suggestions?

Other than that all well here, ds still not doing very much, desperate to crawl and stand but not great at either and has started to wake at 5.30am, i'm really hoping this is a phase because the bags under my eyes are getting bigger by the day lol and he isn't even close to pulling himself up to sit but i'm sure we will get there.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Caraz

United Kingdom

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 10:48pm

hi sasha

DD is on two breasfeeds a day (morning and bedtime) and also has a bottle of formula mid-afternoon. I'm thinking of dropping the morning feed, as she sleeps through so late she often doesn't have that feed until 9am or later, which pushes breakfast back to nearly 10 by the time we are actually up and dressed! I am not a morning person, and it looks like she is taking after me : D I think at this stage they are still supposed to have about 500ml of formula or 2-3 breastfeeds a day (the 500ml of milk includes any cow's milk they have in food, or cheese, yoghurt etc). I'll be swapping her over from the formula to cow's milk at one (the 1+ formula preparations are just a marketing gimmick to keep you paying out from what I've read). I think they recommend vitamin supplements once they are off formula/breastmilk, but if they are on a good varied diet then not sure how necessary that is?

I've read you are supposed to swap from bottles to beakers at 1, not sure how that will work though!! DD is pretty good drinking water from her doidy cup at mealtimes, but we have tried half a dozen different sippy cups and she just doesn't seem to understand them, and can't get more than a few drops of water out. She will drink from our glasses, or just from a bottle of water if we buy some when we are out, so its not a big problem.

Sounds like your LO may need to get more water down him, it can cause constipation if they don't get enough. Not sure about the gaviscon, we've been lucky that we haven't really had any problems in that area!

DD is crawling really well now, and gets onto her feet all the time, but not really trying to cruise yet, she just drops back down and crawls if she wants to get anywhere :) We've been swimming today for the first time in ages, and she loved it, giggling and laughing all round the pool.

I hope you LO starts to sleep better soon, is he teething or something, maybe that is disturbing him? We've been having to dose DD on calpol at bedtimes a lot lately, one top tooth has cut through, another is almost there, and two more bulging in the gums, so she has had a lot of discomfort from them - but it only seems to bother her at bedtime. If we can get her to sleep, she usually goes through the night.

Hope everyone else is well and all the babies are coming along beautifully : D
Caraz

Its a bab19 !

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, May 13th 2013, 8:21am

Hi girls

caraz - thanks for advice, ds isn't very good with cows milk, he will take it no probs but he's always sick afterwards, not much just like spit up but think it would be a lot more if he was given a full bottle, as for teething I feel he has been teething forever, he's had teeth really early on, he has 6 at the moment, maybe even one or two more i'm too scared to put my finger in to check now lol, the top ones were the worst coming in, his two front ones sat from 6 months under the gum and didn't break through until 9 months, i'm not sure if the waking up at half 5 is a bit of a bad habit because he's still really tired, this morning was 5.15am, I took him in with me and he really tried to get back to sleep but he just didn't seem to manage.

I know I shouldn't be but I do worry my ds can't do very much, crawl, stand, walk, pull himself up etc, I know he's still young and he has been trying the last few weeks to crawl and he wants to stand but is like a little drunk man and doesn't make any effort to help himself lol, he is very bright and i'm sure he can do other things that other babies can't but it's still a worry.

Hi to everyone else

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, May 13th 2013, 9:22pm

Sasha my LO is the same she doesn't crawl yet, pull her self up etc. Don't worry she will get there. Enjoy the fact that she stays where you put her!!!
DD is great with drinking water from a sippy sup. Do you use a free flowing one? Where it just pours out without them sucking, these are better for their teeth and could be easier for them to get the hang of. At teatime I just let DD loose with the cup not worrying if she just poured it everywhere and she soon got the hang of it.
Moving from bottles to cups is really hard, DS was nearer 18 months but I kept giving in as he was refusing! I WILL be stronger this time!!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 10:40am

Hi girls

Thanks Jasper that is reassuring, he used to be good with a cup then he had a viral infection and since then he won't entertain it, I have no idea if it's related or just one of those things, I have used the free flowing ones as I had heard they were better but to be honest I just do what I can to get some fluid in him. When they turn one are you supposed to give then milk in a sippy cup?

Did anyone else go through a phase of waking up early? My ds has been a good sleeper on and off but he had got a lot better until about a week ago when he has been up every morning between 4.45 - 5.30am, he has always been an early riser 6ish which I just about coped with but anything before that is too much, he is teething but I don't think that would explain why it's almost the same time every morning, any advice would be appreciated

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 12:32pm

Hi everyone,

Just checking in seems like its quite in here at the moment.

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 1:43pm

Sasha I think they just all go through stages of sleeping well then not!! My lo has gone from lying in till about 8.30 to gettin up about 6.30!!! Tired mummy at the moment!!! ;)
Hi Lucy how are you and little Henri getting on?
Hi to everyone else x

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 2:02pm

Hi everyone

Cheenab happy belated birthday to Zachary!

Hi Lucyloo, Sasha, Caraz, Jasper and anyone else I have missed.

It is rather quiet in here isn't it! I have been writing lots in the health section instead as worried about LO's weight. Other than that things are good. She is sleeping well (long may that last!) and rolled onto her side yesterday, so very exciting in our household!! :) She is also becoming more interested in toys now and grips things a bit more but still more fascinated by faces and the TV than anything else!

We have just confirmed 10 swimming lessons for LO starting 10 june. She needs to be 12lb to do them though, so just hoping her weight starts to pick up as she was only 9lb6oz two weeks ago.

Hope everyone is well!

xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 8:29pm

Hi girls

Thanks Cheenab

Another random question, my ds seems to be really windy sometimes (both ends) has anyone noticed any particular foods that make there los windy?

Net - I have been reading your posts, sorry I can't help I have the opposite problem my ds is quite big, well so everyone likes to comment, to me he's just normal, he's thin but long and sturdy, i'm only 5'2 so I think everyone looks at him and assume he's a monster, they don't realise my dh and all the men in his family are 6 feet and over and even the females are tall. I think you know your dd best, all babies come in all shapes and sizes some babies don't even make it onto the chart, my hv said the 25th centile was small, stupid woman that she is. I hope your app goes well.

Lucyloo - how you getting on?

Hi to everyone else, i'm praying for a long lie, well I can only pray and hope lol

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Friday, May 17th 2013, 7:35am

Thanks Sasha. Sorry I can't help with the wind question as not there yet with LO! I guess things like broccoli etc make adults windy so maybe the same for children? Fruit too? I know that makes DH windy anyway, ha ha.

Thanks for comments re LO's weight. My mum thinks the charts are ridiculous and the women in or family are all small but can't help worrying a bit. Especially as she is such a fussy feeder. Last night she fed for 40 minutes which is a miracle but usually it's 5 minutes. Just wish she'd feed for longer. Honestly I shall be grey from worry soon and she's only 14 weeks old ha ha.

Hi everyone have a lovely weekend. It was my 9 th wedding anniversary on Wednesday so planning a nice dinner with DH at home if LO will let us eat it that is!

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 1:54pm

Hi girls

Hope your all well.

These last few nights have been so tiring and I've started to take ds back into bed with me just to get some sleep when we had got out that bad habit, I'm so disappointed in myself but I'm so tired with ds getting up during the night again.
He's still trying to crawl but were not any closer than we were a few weeks ago and the other day he pulled himself up from sitting onto his knees in the cot now it's all he wants to do and it seems to wake him up if that makes sense, does this pass, will he get fed up doing it?

I have also been trying to give him cows milk in his cereal but its not going well, he takes it no probs but it seems to make him burp into early afternoon and there quite sicky sounding burps, will this pass or should I just stop and try again in a few weeks? Is there something other than cows milk they can get when they turn 1? I feel all I do is stress these days, quite a few people in my work had babies at the same time as me and all there los are crawling, I know it shouldn't but its driving me mad.

Net when's your app?

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 2:36pm

Im sorry, i havent posted in here for ages :O

Sasha, my lo didnt crawl till she was 11 months old but looked like she was ready to from about 8 months. I used to get worried coz all the other babies her age and younger were either crawling or walking, but they all do it in their own time so try not to worry (easier said than done though isnt it) She has also learnt to stand up in her cot and when we put her to bed we went through a phase of her standing up and crying, i'd go in lay her back down and go through this for about an hour until she'd give in and go to sleep. She soon got out of the habit so fingers crossed your lo will soon get out of the habit :pray: When they learn something new they like to do it all the time until they learn something else dont they. If lo is bottle fed could you use formula milk in his cereal until he's nearer 1?

Net, hope you enjoyed your wedding anniversary and managed to have a nice meal :wine:
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 3:25pm

Thanks Kat, it's so silly I think it's just tiredness that's making me feel like this, I didn't crawl and didn't walk until 14 months so not sure why i'm worrying, I think I will have to go back to formula, I was hoping it would only last a couple of days but today has been quite bad although it doesn't seem to bother him during the day

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, May 20th 2013, 2:49pm

Hi ladies,

Me an Henri are just managing his silent reflux is up and down just when we think we have it sorted things just go backwards :-( . he is on renitidne and omeprezol and we have weaned him off gaviscon and at the start of last week he was like a new baby and today he has cried uncontrollably for an hour with tears and everything. The earliest I can get unto see his Dr is Friday morning. He has even stopped eating today.

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:21pm

Hi girls

Lucyloo - I really feel for you my ds still as reflux, we used to have the sickness and the silent reflux now it's just the silent reflux, we have tried to stop gaviscon but I have one very unhappy baby when I do, do you have any gaviscon left that you could give him until fri? What about your hv could they get you a quicker app?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:49pm

Lucy when my ds was on gaviscon I ran out and thought he will be just fine, but he was screaming so bad like his was in so much pain, I rang nhs direct explained etc and they faxed a prescription to my local chemist. Worth a go? xx

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, May 20th 2013, 6:47pm

Hi girls

Cheenab - love the pic of Zachary, when did you manage to stop the gaviscon?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Monday, May 20th 2013, 6:58pm

Oh Lucy I am so sorry. PM me your address and I can post you some if you want? I have a box that I won't use. Can put it in first class post tomorrow you'll have it by Wednesday?

Sasha sorry you are still havign sleep problems with DS. My god daughter didn't walk until she was 16 months old, I guess every baby is different but I know it's hard not to compare.

Kat, thank you I had a lovely anniversary.

Hi everyone else, how are you all?

AFM I got Lia weighed today and she was only 9lb13oz, an increase of 7oz in 20 days - so pretty awful. She has dipped just below the 2nd centile now. Three women all told me what a tiny baby I had in the waiting room too, I was about ready to burst into tears as I am so worried by her lack of weight gain. Have posted about this in the health section so sorry to repeat myself. The replies in that thread are fabulous and I know deep down that it's almost certainly just how she is built and because all the women in our families are petite (I am 5ft 3 and size 8) but I still can't help but worry. Come on Lia!! She's feeding much better than she was so that's a good thing. DH wants to consider giving her a formula bottle at night but I'm not sure what good that will do as she eats regularly and doesn't cry because she's hungry so I doubt she'd even take an extra feed. The bigger problem though is that she won't even take a bottle!!! Sorry to be all doom and gloom.

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, May 20th 2013, 8:39pm

Hi Ladies,

Do u think it is the gaviscon. I was told that it causes really bad constipation that's why they wanted me to wean him off it as he was rushed into hospital a week ago with uncontrollably crying and he went white and sweaty. Thanks net I have a box left from his last prescription but thankyou very much for the offer. Its really good to know that you are all here for support ^^

Net - my niece is soooo tiny. She was born weighing 3lb absolute dot she was. She is now 5 still tiny in fact she is easier to carry than Henri ;) . she is thriving and solo clever. I honestly believe if you feel she is happy then follow your instincts as you will be the only one who knows her eating habits

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, May 20th 2013, 9:38pm

Hi girls

Net - surely they must see a weight gain as a good thing, I know it's not much but it's better than staying the same or losing weight, sorry cant be any more help good luck tomor

Lucyloo - the gaviscon does cause constipation I no only too well but I feel it's a catch 22, to ease it in babies I was told to give an ounce of cooled boiled water between feeds or maybe u could do it every second feed? Constipation is a nightmare in my house but I use lactalose it's very safe for babies and just makes there poos easier to pass

Hi to everyone else
X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, May 20th 2013, 11:09pm

Cheenab - love the pic of Zachary, when did you manage to stop the gaviscon?

Thanks sasha, I think he was around 6 months when we finally stopped it x

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, May 20th 2013, 11:12pm

Net- Zachary is nearly 13months old now and only weighs just over 18lb!!! He has always been tiny, like you I'm quite small (4'11!!)
I've always been the one concerned about his weight but every time I get him weighed they just say its because he's small!!!
Try not to worry to much hun xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (21.05.2013)

Net

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 6:27pm

Thanks Cheenab, I am trying not to worry too much. Those charts are quite distracting I think as I think she's fine but the charts make me doubt myself.

How is everyone tonight? Lucy, how is Henri? Did you get a doctors appointment ?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 3:26pm

Hey girlies
I see some familiar names finally got internet into house so hopefully will be on more.
Lucyloo, net, Waylon good to see u ladies still writing sway on here
Afm Amelia is now 14 weeks old and is so big she is nearly 14lbs and is the double of her daddy.
She even has learnt to put the dummy back in her mouth cheeky chops already . Motherhood is hard but love it dunno what my life was before I had her.
Keep in touch ladies xxx

Net

Friday, May 24th 2013, 9:24pm

Hi ladies

Cleo good to hear from you and glad Amelia is doing so well.

Hi everyone. Sorry no personals I am sooooo tired after three nights of little sleep in our household! Combination of teething, leaking nappies and the dog waking Lia up means knackered mummy! Tried to go to sleep bat 7 tonight whilst DH had LO but typically I just couldn't sleep. Agh! She has started wriggling so much when feeding too, she punched me in the chin last night!

Hoping for a better one tonight as its my dads 70th birthday tomorrow so need to be awake and not feeling like a zombie.

Have a fab bank holiday weekend everyone :xxx3:
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, May 24th 2013, 9:39pm

Hi girls

Hi cleo how's things?

Net teething is a nightmare in our house to, hope its a nice day tomor for your dads birthday are use doing anything nice?

I'm so tired today, my ds just won't sleep through the night i don't no what else to do, every time I go in he's rolled onto
His tummy, half the time I think he's done it in his sleep, he woke at 2 this morning but I felt so good I got him back to sleep in 10 min, crept our the room and had just closed the door when I heard him rolling onto his tummy, an hour later I'm still trying to get him to sleep, he's not crying coz I'm in the room but he won't stay on his back I'm not sure what to do, I suppose if I left the room he would cry and I could do controlled crying but I'm not strong enough for it and dh is even worse and I feel if I leave him to cry them we would all be awake but if I stay in the room until he sleeps most the time dh doesn't know ds has been awake.
Ds is staying with my parents tonight to give us a break but I actually feel bad coz 10 months down the line there more than likely
Going to have a broken sleep when we had stated out with a very good sleep :(

I go back to work in 3 weeks and this is really making me anxious how I'm going to cope when I'm like a zombie at the moment

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Friday, May 24th 2013, 9:52pm

Sasha I sympathise and hope tonight is better for us both. Do you not want LO to sleep on his tummy? I know the guidance says not to but have to say my LO slept on tummy for first four weeks of her life but now sleeps on her back.

Having lunch at parents tomorrow and BBQ there Sunday. My dasd likes to celebrate his birthdays!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, May 24th 2013, 10:16pm

Hi net I wish he would sleep on his tummy it would save a lot of problems but when I go in he's pushed upon his hands if that makes sense, he's desperate to crawl so it's almost like as soon as he comes out a deep sleep that's the first thing he does, I'm not sure if he realises he's doing it until he's rolled over then Wakes up or his awake or god knows what, he's a mystery lol

Hope you have a lovely weekend with your dad, saw in your other post the dr didn't phone you, there obviously not that worried about your dd after getting you so stressed its ridiculous

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 12:29am

Ah I see your problem Sasha, I'm sorry I don't have any useful suggestions as Lia us my first so no experience if these things. Really hope things start to settle soon xx

Yeah I am unimpressed to put it mildly that the HV have stressed me with talk of paediatric and dietician assistance and not bothered to follow it up. Poor show.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 1:54am

Up at midnight and again now for food. Agh!!!!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 11:22am

Sasha, how long do you leave him? If he can get onto his tummy he will be able to get back again. You shouldn't have to move him back again.

I would be tempted to see if he settles himself after rolling over rather than going in straight away. He may just need practice and rolling back again.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Net

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 1:03am

Hi ladies
Really quiet in here.

How is everyone?

LO really struggling with her teeth just now. Gave her calpol this morning which just knocked her out for four hours. Does it make anyone else's LO tired?

Also , for those of you who use sleeping bags now its warmer what tog do you use? Our bedroom is 21 degrees have her in 2.5 tog with long sleeved vest only. I feel hot all the time but still have 10 tog winter duvet on the bed. Should she be in 1 tog sleeping bag? Worried about over heating her as she feels quite warm as I am feeding her just now.

Thanks! X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 10:02am

Hi net

Teeth are a nightmare aren't they, I don't find calpol works for my ds although I'm sure it must do something, I also used teething salts and gel, my ds loves to be warm so he sleeps in a 2.5 tog sleeping bag with a short vest and pjs with no feet, it seems to help him sleep for some reason.

How's everyone else getting on?

My ds still isn't crawling, he just doesn't get it, he can get into the position then doesn't go anywhere, I'm starting to think he may just walk.

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 2:12pm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lucyloo" (Jun 3rd 2013, 2:14pm)

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 2:12pm

Hi net,
My DS has always since birth slept in a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. Just over the last few weeks we have only put him in just a vest and his bag. My DS hates to be warm so I keep him cool. Also if your little one is teething she might feel a little warmer. Ds has started teething already where can you get the salts from?
Ds always has a long sleep after calpol. I tend to think if he is having a nice sleep after calpol then it must be working :thumbsup: .

When taking your lo to get their injections do you give calpol before or after ?

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 7:17pm

Hi girls

Lucyloo - I always gave it afterwards but only if I thought he needed it, my health visitor advised against it but I tend not to agree very much with my hv, as for teething salts I've used Ashton and parsons that I had to get online or nelsons that I have managed to get in boots, tesco and wilkinsons.

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, June 3rd 2013, 9:19pm

Sasha my DD still isn't crawling either!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE