You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, September 6th 2013, 7:37pm

BB I don't hAve much time so all I'll say for now is :hugs:
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 6:00pm

BB hope you have had a better couple of days xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Saturday, September 7th 2013, 6:52pm

Hi girls

How is everyone?

Wmg how did the doctor go?

Louise how are things with you?

Looking forward to strictly come dancing tonight and a wee take away

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Sunday, September 8th 2013, 11:49am

Hi all, not good news from me. Scan revealed an empty sac, I have to go back next week to confirm its a miscarriage xxx

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend - I love strictly sasha! X
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Sunday, September 8th 2013, 12:30pm

hi ladies...

composed myself a bit now lol. took little man to the docs and u were all right he said it is reflux and he gave us baby gaviscon he said to express the milk and mix the sachets with it 4 times a day (box says diff but thats what doc advised?) fingers crossed it works!

buzzbee to be honest he is hardly ever in his moses basket he always ends up in bed with us as i said before when im feeding him lying down i always end up falling asleep (i know he is safe tho as my subconcious wouldnt let me fall asleep if i thought we may roll on him or anything lol) and i so know how u feel its SO much harder the second time and breastfeeding is also such hard work but worth it tho. hope ur lil one settles soon.

moogle glad its working for u doc gave me gaviscon and told me to mix it in a bottle with expressed milk four times a day hes still thrown it up so far but he wants to see him back again next week so we will see how he goes as only been having it for a day so far.

sasha i so no what u mean i wonder why i even bother showering or bathing both of us as we always end up covered in sick stinkin of it lol

louise sorry to hear ur sad news big hugs xxx
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

What's Up?

Sunday, September 8th 2013, 4:26pm

Louise I'm so sorry to hear your news :cuddle
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Sunday, September 8th 2013, 7:07pm

Hi ladies

Louise - sorry to hear your news. Hope you're OK x

WMG - hope the Gaviscon works. I must admit, although it is frowned upon, I love having DD sleep on my chest. I am so loving that closeness and especially the BF but I know the longer it goes on the harder it will be for her to sleep on her own in her cot and I do think it will make her too clingy to me (even though I secretly love it LOL!). Plus she sleeps for longer when on me. The night before last we both slept for 7 hours! I know I should've woke her for a feed but I guess we both really needed to sleep and she was fine. Glad you feeling a bit better anyway.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all had a nice weekend.

AFM - I have come to the conclusion I am going to have good days and then a bad day and it will be like that for a long time LOL! The past couple have been good so I feel better again.

Got to take her to hospital tomorrow though as she is still a bit jaundice so my MW wants her to be checked over. Hope she is OK. She seems fine and has put on weight. On Friday she was weighed again and is now 1 ounce over her birth weight so she is clearly feeding well from me. Expressing is going OK although I must admit I do struggle to find the time. I was suppose to express some milk for today as we were out for a family meal but I didn't so just bit the bullet and breastfeed at the venue - thankfully they had a quiet room I could go in. I ensured she had a good feed and then the family took it turns to have cuddles so she was passed around for about an hour LOL and didn't cry bless her.

Also registering her tomorrow so got a busy day.

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Net

Monday, September 9th 2013, 7:44am

Hi all

Louise I'm really sorry hon xx

BB your LO sounds likes she's putting weight on really well. Hope she gets the all clear with the jaundice. Glad you were comfortable bf in public, once you get comfortable with that its just so easy to feed on the go! And reduces the need to express - I was so so nervous about public bf to start with but have now fed in all sorts of places! The only one where I got a couple of stares was at a national trust property but that was because the average age of the visitors was about 70 and I guess bf in public wasn't the done thing back then!

WMG glad you got a diagnosis and hope the gaviscon starts to work soon. Gaviscon is a bit of a faff when you are bf if baby won't take a bottle but sounds like yours will so that's great. Don't be afraid to go back to your doctor if it doesn't work though as there are other medications your LO can have.

Sasha how is DS?

Hi everyone else

AFM I am listening to shrieks of laughter coming from downstairs as DH gives LO her porridge. Having a sneaky cuddle in bed with the dog. DD was up three times last night zzzzzz thought it was supposed to get better as they got older! She never seems to go more than 5 hours at night, not sure if she's actually hungry when she wakes but the boob always gets her back to sleep. I am blaming teething....... As she's still so little (13 lb) I figure she still needs milk at night?
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Monday, September 9th 2013, 8:58am

awww net my little man was 12 lb 2oz last time he was weighed and that was when he was 5 weeks old lol. u would never guess hes only 8wks tmoz looking at him! and thanks it has been working a little but he seems a bit constipated now not really sure how u deal with that when babys breastfed as u are not meant to give water like u can with bottle fed babys are u?

buzzbee my little girl used to always love sleeping on my chest too and she was fine xx
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Reg: Feb 26th 2010

Children: A beautiful son

Monday, September 9th 2013, 9:55am

blowkiss Hi girls,

Just a quick :hello: from me, I've been on this thread daily, reading everything to catch up with you all, then LO wakes up or something else happens and I don't get the chance to post! So quick hello to join and send you all lots of love, I will try and find the time to send personals today or tomorrow :hugs:

P.S. does anyone have any ideas how I tidy up my Lilypie ticker? The last one linked ok, not sure what I've done?

xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Easter eggs" (Sep 9th 2013, 9:56am)

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, September 9th 2013, 12:18pm

Hey everyone, can't believe it's Monday again! Hope you all had good weekend.

Hello EE, lovely to see you here : D Yeah, it's much harder to find time to post with these busy wee babies around eh? Not like when we were all pregnant ladies of leisure! ;) How's your gorgeous wee guy doing? Not sure about the ticker am afraid xx

Louise, I am so sorry it wasn't good news at the scan. It's so unfair [zx127] xx

WMG, that's good you got a diagnosis for LO, hope the gaviscon helps. Must be so much easier if he'll take a bottle! I stopped K's gaviscon on Friday as she was getting really constipated too, and she'd gone a couple of days without spewing. Might have to start it again though as she threw up her first feed spectacularly this morning! xx

Buzzbee, hope you're having more good days than bad hun. Please don't feel guilty about having your little one sleep on you, she's still so tiny and just wants to be close to mummy. I read something somewhere about the first three months of your baby's life being basically like a "4th trimester" and it's perfectly natural for the two of you to be virtually inseparable for this time, especially if you're BFing. I know it's tough when you've DS to try and make time for though. I'm struggling with that too [zx127] xx

Net, hope you get some more sleep tonight! My friend's LO is 10 months and still waking for a night feed, so I guess they're all different. Mine sleeps about 8-9 hours just now without waking which is fantastic, but I've a feeling it won't last... ?(
I think K is maybe teething now as well, she's been really cranky the last few days and is dribbling and chewing on everything!

Right, time to get DS ready for nursery - sounds rotten but I'm really looking forward to a couple of hours peace and quiet ;) Hopefully K will have a wee snooze and I can maybe tackle the midden that is my hoose these days!

Hello to Rally, Sasha, Heather, AG, Dusky and all you other mummies :)
Lots of love, Lxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (Sep 9th 2013, 12:19pm)

Moogle

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, September 9th 2013, 1:26pm

BB, hope everything is ok at the hospital today too. I'm sure it will be. K was jaundiced up until about 3-4 weeks, just until feeding was properly established I think xxx

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 11:37am

Hey girlies just a quick hello to.say I am.reading just haven't time to.post dd takes up all my time and now.I'm on 6 nights consecutive no sleep I'm at a loss so six baby calls again.

Louise so sorry to hear us news big hugs stay strong

All u other girlies when I get a chance and really respond to u all if I ever get dd to sleep xxx

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 7:49pm

Hi girls,

Louise - I'm sorry to hear your sad news, I know how heartbreaking it is. Thinking of you :hugs: x

WMG - is the Gavisgon working fully now? I hope he isn't too constipated, I really don't know about water, although you wouldn't think it would be problematic. I'll read back on your posts as my LO is throwing up quite a bit too, but mostly in the evenings. I'm not sure if it's acid or just eating too much...

Buzzbee - how did your appointment go? My LO was jaundiced too but like yours was putting on weight ok, so the hospital didn't take any further action. In response to your update in my diary, I've bought night bras, they're great, kinda like very soft and loose sports bras that cross over at the front. They fit pads in and make feeding really easy, I highly recommend them to avoid a wet nightie and bed!

Hi Net - the giggles sounds lovely, I can't wait for that time to come :biggrin: like WMG my LO sounds like a chubster next to your little lady, he was 10lbs 6 oz at 4 weeks, who knows what he's up to now. I think it's a boy thing! Did you get more sleep? x

Moogle - how's things with you? I hope you don't spend too much time cleaning!

Hi Cleo - sorry to hear you aren't getting any sleep either blowkiss

AFM, I'm loving being a mummy, I have a little moment to myself each day as I didn't ever think we'd get here and I still can't believe it. LO is feeding really well, I've started collecting the milk that spews out if the breast he's not feeding from, getting about 40-50 ml at each feed which I'm freezing. Not sure how we'll use it as I guess it's only the fore milk? He seems to guzzle in the late afternoons and evenings which makes him throw up, and quite a bit. Did any of you have that happen? We have a HV appointment on Friday I think I'll ask her about it then. I had a big scare 2 nights ago, LO was feeding really well but was super grouchy and his fontanelle was very sunken in, I was frantic. I think the problem was me though not drinking enough water, again I'm producing loads of milk and feeding on demand which is never more than 3 hours, but maybe not hydrating him enough if I'm not hydrated? Anyway after making sure I glug a good 3 litres each day he's totally back to normal again. I felt like such a crappy mother..,,another thing to chat with the HV about.

Love to everyone, have some choccies, is it just me or do you all have a sweet addiction right now? :chocs: xxx

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 8:53pm

Hi girls

Hope your all well so lovely to see all the new mummies you all sound like your doing a great job

Easter eggs your pic is gorgeous :)

Cleo hope your ok could it be teething, or a growth spurt?

Louise so so sorry to hear your sad news

Hi to everyone else

Nothing new to report here other than ds is really progressing with the walking although not walking himself and he's learned to climb the stairs in my house in record time and tonight he tried to climb on top of the toy box, only problem is he can't figure out how to get back down lol

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Net

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 9:03pm

Hi everyone

EE, I used to get so paranoid about DD's fontanelle, it used to sink in some days yet she was drinking tons, not sure why! I never did get around to asking the HV mind you, I just stressed about it at home! I have the most amazingly comfy nursing bras from ASOS by Emma Jane I think. They are £16 each and so so comfy I cannot tell you how much better they are than my old M&S ones! I recommend!

WMG how is DSs constipation? I've read it's a real issue with gaviscon. I would give some water as well. Whilst you don't have to give water when BF as your milk provides all tjhe hydration LO needs, it won't hurt to give a little bit IMO, just not too much as you don't want DS over hydrated (that's not the term but you know what I mean?)

BB, how's LO? I agree with Moogle I really don't think babies as little as yours can be spoled. Enjoy those cuddles whilst you can! My DD fell asleep on me likle shje used to as a newborn the other day and I stayed on the sofa for an hour thinking about how much I miss the hours we spent cuddling when she was really tiny. Must be much harder with your DS though I know. Don't be too hard on yourself, you're doing a fab job xxx

Cleo, honey I'm so sorry you're having such a c*ap time of it. Your LO really is suffering isn't she, bless her. Have you been referred to a dermatologist for her skin? Any news on the allergies? Hope you get some sleep soon.

Moogle, how is LO?

Hi everyone else - hope you're all doing OK.

AFM sleep is still an issue, LO went down at 7pm last night but was up at 11.30, 2.30 and 5,30. I think it's teething but I also think I need to commence some sleep training when we are back from holiday. We go on Thirsday for 2 weeks and I am dreading the packing as we have just started building work to have a loft conversion but also re-arranging our kitchen / diner to incorporate a downstairs loo and this has meant ripping out our old kitchen so all I have just now is a microwave, a camping calor gas stove and a sink! Help me ladies!!! Can't wait to go though as off to see my brother and my 2 nephews up in Boat of Garten for you Scottish ladies some of you may know it, it's a tiny little village in the Highlands. I love it there and am itching to see my two nephews who are 3.5 and 16 months. The last time my brother saw Lia she was 3 weeks old.

I'm really happy today though as LO is finally back onto the 2nd centile after hovering around the 0.4th since she was 12 weeks old. I cannot tell you how happy this makes me! I have stressed majorly over her weight since she was 8 weeks old. WMG and EE yes she's absolutely tiny at 7 months and 13lb! But pulling herself up on the furniture already. Uh oh!

Right, off to try and do a bit of packing. Everything I own seems to be in Ikea boxes just now so not sure how I'm going to do this!

Hugs to all :xxx3: :hugs:
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 9:03pm

Sasha just saw your post, bless your DS! xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Buzzbee

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 2:21pm

Hi ladies

Net - LOL at getting stares at the National Trust Property. DS could go through phases of waking more some nights and sleeping through others. I gave up trying to work out what it was in the end - usually teething, growth spurt, developmental leap, not well, a recent change to their life like starting nursery, or even just through habit. I hope she settles soon. Maybe she enjoys the comfort of your boob to get her back to sleep? Glad to hear she is at a weight you're happy with. Hope you have a lovely holiday. We have a weekend booked in Scotland at the end of March child free, which I am looking forward to. Some QT with DH.

Moogle - I am like you and do enjoy it when DS is at nursery so I can spend one on one time with DD. I feel bad sometimes but I really couldn't devote much time to him at the moment if I kept him at home with us so he is better at nursery plus he has all his little friends to play with and probably has much more fun.

Cleo - I sympathise with lack of sleep. I struggle with 1 bad night and DH is even worse on little sleep. I hope DD settles soon.

EE - lovely to hear from you. Hope the HV puts your mind at ease. I checked DD's head after your post as she was cluster feeding again yesterday and very grouchy. Oh and yes I am so with you on the sweet addiction. I am craving bad food and constantly hungry. Yesterday I felt bad as the MW turned up just as I was about to eat a whole pizza to myself. It was all I could make though as DD was constantly on the boob so it was just a case of putting it in the oven and I bet the MW thought I should be eating healthier but she didn't comment LOL. I am starving now actually!

Sasha - great to hear your DS is walking. This is the time you need eyes in the back of your head! I use to wish away the time until DS could crawl or walk but once he did I was like OMG I wish he was back to staying where I left him LOL! It is amazing though watching them grow up and tackle these huge milestones isn't it? I have a video of DS taking his first steps with a push along walker. A very teary happy moment lurve

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - all OK here. Not heard back from the hospital so assuming her jaundice isn't an issue. She is feeding well and putting on weight so that's a good sign in itself. Yesterday I think she had a growth spurt though as she was a pain in the backside all day LOL, feeding constantly but then getting to the point of being overtired and not sleeping and then not being hungry because she had fed so much so she was very irritable come evening and it took ages for her to get to sleep properly. I was once again ripping my hair out and cursing breastfeeding but we're back to normal again today LOL! I am now considering combination feeding as I am struggling to find the time to express. I expressed yesterday and managed an ounce before she screamed and was rooting for my boob when I held her so I gave her the breast and she remained on it for most of the day. My nipples were so sore. I was thinking on Monday that I was just beginning to understand her a lot better and the different cries and sounds but then days like yesterday throw me back to square one and I just didn't have a clue how to settle her.

Today though she seems fine and back to sleeping well and for longer in between feeds, which have been every 3 hours or so. Days like today are so much easier and more enjoyable. If I do do combination feeding I will offer her formula in the evening / bedtime. Will see anyway.

DS seems to be getting better with his new little sister. It's so sweet as when DH brings DS downstairs in the morning I am already on the sofa with DD and the first thing DS does is ask if he can kiss his sister and plonks a big dribbly kiss on her head! It's so cute to see. He is sleeping better at night now too and not waking every night. I do need to venture back upstairs though with DD and not sleep downstairs at night. I just don't want her to wake DS up. It's something I need to sort though.

Not much else happening. Just eating like a pig but managing to lose weight cos of the breastfeeding which is fab :thumbsup2:

What's Up?

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:42am

BB you are doing amazingly my lovely. You are getting to understand her better but even though I'm bottle feeding my LO now and I do know her cries there are days like yesterday when she cried sore and I still don't know why. If mixing both works for you then that's ok hun. I expressed and bottle fed this time for three weeks. I just couldn't manage both and my twinnies needs. So I content myself that she got my best milk in those first few weeks and we're happier as a family so that's what matters xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:44am

No time for more sorry gotta get girls to pre-school. It's so hard as one loves it and the other cries sore. It breaks my heart xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 1:12pm

Hi guys, haven't been in for a bit, have tried to catch up...

EE, sooo lovely to have you in here hon, sounds like you are doing brilliantly, and your LO is gorgeous!! :)

WMG, how is the gaviscon doing? It gave dd1 constipation too, I used to give her water, the gaviscon didn't work for us ite and had to try a few other medications before anything worked for us. It was a pain when BF too.

BB, DS sounds very cute with DD, it is so lovely isn't it :) Hope today is a good day like yesterday. Definitely don't think you're spoiling her itch cuddles, dd slept on me for a good few months and she is a great sleeper.

Net, great to hear LO is doing well on weight, it is a worry isn't it. Have a great hols, will be lovely to spend time with your nephews.

Cleo, hope you've managed to get some sleep...?

Hie Moogle :) not rotten at all, am loving the peace and quiet now dd is at school. It is weird though, and I was so worried about it but I am not whacked now by the end of the day, lovely.

Thinking of you Lou x

Dd still gets sad when I drop her off but she loves school by the end of the day :) dd2 is doing really well, sleeping loads, though always screams when I put her down at the moment, it's horrid. She's got teeth 5 and 6 just coming at the top. Se is crawling everywhere and loves climbing stairs. I can't believe she is 11 months old today, going toooo fast!!!

Got to go, lol to everyone xxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Moogle

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 1:46pm

Hey ladies :) Started this post last night right before DH gave up trying to console our crabbit wee lady... she's asleep now and F is at nursery so it's take two ;)

Buzzbee, glad to hear DD is thriving and hopefully her jaundice will disappear over the next wee while. She sounds a bit like mine - chilled out one day then cranky as anything the next :rollseyes: Very jealous of your weight loss - I'm breastfeeding, running twice a week and going to a postnatal exercise class and I'm still huge!

Net, enjoy your holiday - hope you get a spell of autumn sunshine, it's a beautiful part of the country. DH and I had a few holidays in Nethybridge years ago, same neck of the woods.

Sasha, DS must be really keeping you on your toes - no stopping him now! It's such a lovely stage.

Dusky, glad to hear DD1 is settling in at school. Happy 11months to DD2 : D

EE, it sounds like everything is perfect with your wee family. I love what you said about taking a moment each day, I often have those little moments of disbelief too :) Is DS still throwing up much? K was puking up nearly every feed for about 6 weeks there, though she would be hungry again right after. I had her at the GP four times before they admitted it might be reflux (she's had a cold so initially they suspected it was down to the mucus in her throat). Infant Gaviscon has really helped her and she's only sick once every couple of days now : D And her fontanelle is always a bit sunken when she sits, but is fine when she lies down... dunno what that's all about? I think some babies are just pukier than others though. If your wee guy's still feeding happily and putting on weight I'm sure he's fine - you are most definitely not a crappy mum honey!

Heather, hope you're getting a chance to enjoy some quiet time with LO whilst the twins are at pre-school :)

Well, that's K having a really long nap this afternoon... an hour and a half and still looking peaceful in her bouncer. Not surprised as she barely slept at all during the day yesterday. I'm struggling a bit to get a bedtime routine sorted - at the moment she is still very alert and quite grumpy in the evenings, so we don't put her down properly until about midnight. She then sleeps through till about 8-9am, which is fantastic, but I'd love to bring it forward just a wee bit so she's maybe sleeping from 9-10pm till 6 or whatever, and get a bit of the evening back. Anytime I've tried that so far she just wails and wails until she has her late night feed. But I'm not complaining really, she's a good baby. So, now to see how many chores I can get done before she wakens - this baby lark is a good OCD cure for sure - I may still be obsessive about cleaning in mind but definitely not in practice!

Love to everyone else xxxxx blowkiss

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 2:38pm

Hi girls

Moogle hope your getting your chores done I'm having a housework day however ud never no it lol, I see you don't live far from me :)

Dusky nice to hear from you

Cleo hope your getting some sleep

Net hope you have a good holiday

Hi to everyone else

Not much to report here, been back exercising properly twice a week for about 6 weeks now and can see a huge difference already, I lost my baby weight quickly but I was no longer toned and couldn't find the time or energy to exercise other than walking with the pram and to be honest I was enjoying not worrying about my weight for once, but exercise is a great stress relief for me and now im back at work I feel a wee exercise class does just the trick and allows me a wee bit of me time :)

Right back to the housework

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 8:03pm

Hey ladies, I can see you are all busy busy and your lo's are doing great. I'm still struggling so much to get on here but try and read your posts when I can, just find it impossible to find time to reply.

Isla is doing great and is a lovely chubby 8lb 6oz and is almost 7 weeks. She still has no pattern to her day yet but she is starting to relax a bit and be a bit more comfortable in her own skin.

I wish I could reply properly to you all but madam is going to need fed shortly. BB, we give Isla a small bottle of formula in the evening about 9:30pm and if she's been really grumpy it seems to just knock her out and she sleeps for a good few hours so def nothing wrong with a bit of formula cos I just have no time to express. You're doing a fab job Hun, we all are I reckon!!

Need to go. I miss all the time I used to spend on here, hopefully will find a bit more time in the coming weeks.

Lots of love xxx

Buzzbee

What's Up?

Friday, September 13th 2013, 2:01pm

Hi ladies

How is everyone?

RG - glad to hear things are better. I think I am going to offer her formula when she doesn't appear to be settling with breast milk. Since the rubbish day on Tuesday she has been good. It's like I get 3 or 4 days of her being great and then 1 day of her being really unsettled.

Sasha - I really need to get back into exercise to tone up. I've lost most of the baby weight already but am very saggy in areas LOL! I'm going to start gently with long walks with DD. I live in a hilly area so great for my thunder thighs LOL!

Moogle - Isabella is a bit like K, she sleeps better in the morning and afternoon but then from 3pm onwards until about 10pm she doesn't nap for long really and can feed every hour sometimes less. She sleeps pretty well at night and on a good night wakes about 3 hours after the last feed. I was saying to DH that it's too soon to get an evening routine sorted for DD but hope to have one sorted by the time she is 3 months. LOL I too am obsessive about cleaning but have had to take a chill pill since I had children as no sooner have I tidied up it is a mess again!!

Dusky - glad that your DD1 is enjoying school. When you put DD2 down for a sleep and she screams what do you do? Do you pick her up until she is settled or leave her and she soon settles?

Thanks Heather. I am definitely going to do combination feeding. I've decided as she seems less settled late afternoon to offer her formula then when she likes to cluster feed as it really does hurt my nipples so they need a break LOL!

Well last night I coped on my own doing the evening routine with both children while DH was out with work. DH's mum picked DS up from nursery and offered to stay until DS went to bed but I told her it was fine and that I need to deal with it sooner rather than later. DD wasn't asleep so I had both children awake nailbite . I am so grateful that DS is such a well behaved child and made it easier for me - and I'm also grateful for Disney TV which keeps him entertained LOL! I ended up BF DD in DS's room while I sat next to his bed in the dark waiting for him to fall asleep - as he likes you to sit with him until he is asleep, which I don't mind at all. I think that's the way to go unless DD is fast asleep already in her cot. DH's mum stayed until I had bathed DS so that was helpful but if she wasn't here I'd just put DD in her crib in the bedroom next to the bathroom and if she cries she will just have to wait 10 minutes while I sort DS.

Best go, DD has been asleep since I got back from the shops an hour ago so really should take her out of the car seat as they're not meant to stay in for more 2 hours are they? I didn't want to take her out sooner in case she woke and she needed a good kip as hasn't slept for long this morning. She isn't being a pain though, just not sleeping for longer than an hour until now.

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Buzzbee" (Sep 13th 2013, 2:03pm)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, September 13th 2013, 2:28pm

Hi BB, I used to leave and see if she settled but she'd just keep going, I went up and settled her straight away last night and she was fine after that. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong, just think she fancies an extra cuddle?

I used to do that too, I could never transfer either of them, they'd always wake up. Honestly don't think it does any harm.

Well done on coping well with both.

Sorry no other personals xxxxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Friday, September 13th 2013, 4:58pm

Hi girls,

Rally - Isla sounds perfect, well done to both of you on her weight gain. I do wonder if babies are a little cranky when they come out before they're ready, I thought that about Rubin as he was induced. Sounds like she's settling in well now. Did you have any problems with her taking from a bottle then back to the boob in the same day? I'm thinking about expressing more and giving Rubin a bottle every now and then but a little nervous about it.

:hello: Sasha, good to meet you, I'm the same as you using exercise is a bIt of a stress reliever I bet it's good to get back into a routine.

Moogle, thanks for the advice on sickness I'll quiz the HV today. I know you don't have an evening at the moment, but getting K to sleep through is great going. What did you do or did she naturally start to sleep more?

Hi Dusky, lovely to hear from you too. I can't believe it's been 11 months! I hope her teething isn't causing too much pain for her...and you :winking:

Heather, it must be so hard seeing your LO cry, I'm not looking forward to those days at all. How are you coping with 3? x

Buzzbee - good to hear that the jaundice seems to be going, I'm sure she's just fine. Are you using nipple cream? I use lanisol (sp) with nipple pads all the time, that seems to make them ok. I can't go without both though. DS sounds so cute, what a lovely bond they're getting already. I said I'd never keep LO on a car seat for more than an hour (unless I'm on a long car journey) in reality when I've gotten home and he's been sound asleep I've just left him there!

Net - I've not been to Boat of Garten but my parents have and love it. I can well imagine packing for the family will be an epic task! Your LO sounds perfect, and will be quite the dainty little lady biggrin2

AFM HV was here this morning, LO is now 12lbs 4oz and 59cm, so doing very well the only problem is he's getting heavier faster than I'm getting stronger so I'll need to get the dumb bells out or else I won't be able to pick him up soon :chortle: I went swimming yesterday, it was the first time I'd been out without LO and felt really odd, I raced to the pool, swam like crazy then raced back. I was away for about an hour and a half, LO was with my MIL and slept the whole time, it seems I was the only one feeling anxious!

Love to everyone xxx

Friday, September 13th 2013, 8:54pm

Hey ladies I'm back good to see plenty of discussion in here. I hope u don't mind but I'm just gonna say I read all the stuff and sorry for no individual personals but know I'm very interested just can't seem to find the time to get on here and reply.

Afm in the middle of sleep training tooties which is so hard but need to do this for my own sanity. Due to eczema she has herself into the habit of waking all the time to scratch but now since I got the wonder cream ie aveeno moisturizing cream I swear wat a miracle redness and itchy all gone I have now been left with the most unsettled baby at night so I have to try and train her to do without mummy rubbingmy cream on her in middle of night and generally looking after her every whim. This is all coming from her review she had yesterday as developmentally she is amazing so now have to get sleeping sorted.

Now can I ask wat are lo wearing at night now ? And wat tog for bag if your using.

Friday, September 13th 2013, 10:01pm

Hi Cleo, my LO is still in a Moses basket so not in Gro bag yet although I do plan on that. We have a 2.5 tog one and plan on using it in the autumn/ winter, I don't think it matters what tog is though as long as the room temperature and other layers are the right mix. As for our LO he's in a vest and sleep suit with one blanket layer, sometimes 2 when it's been colder than 18 degrees in the house, but the second one is only on his legs. I'm not sure that this is 'right' but it's what we're doing right now x

Friday, September 13th 2013, 10:06pm

Thanks Easter eggs it's all so confusing I have her in a 2.5 bag at no so I hope it's all good. Ps may I say it wee man is a beaut

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Friday, September 13th 2013, 10:24pm

We gave up on the gro bags as soon as Z could roll over!!!
We have just started putting him in thicker baby gro's and now he is in his bed we put the quilt over and tuck it under the mattress, keep him warm and stop him rolling out!! Well that's the plan!!! ;)
He loves being warm though, always has!! Sleeps so much better when he's all snuggled up!!

Hope everyone is well x
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Friday, September 13th 2013, 10:35pm

Cheenab. Can I ask why u gave up when he cud roll over? Amelia can and I dunno whether she likes restriction of this bag. When I put her in cot during day she always falls asleep the opposite to the way I put her in I wonder if this might stop her sleeping at night as well . Oh help lol

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, September 13th 2013, 10:57pm

Hi girls

Hi ee loving your wee boys name that was in my top 3 and still love it now

Cleo I still use grow bags and my ds is 14 months, he can roll over, sit up and stand up in his, each baby is different, I've never used blankets and my friend who has a dd of 8 months has never used a grow bag, my ds won't sleep in the cot during the day but likes in our bed but goes to sleep in the cot at night without any issues, I
Also sit in the room until he's asleep, we went through a phase of waking at night, I'd go in and if he stopped quickly coz there wasn't actually anything wrong I wouldn't lift him I'd just sit on the floor take his hand and avoid eye contact, the longest I ever sat was 2 hours which seems a long time but there was nothing wrong with him and I couldn't do controlled crying

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Moogle

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 8:03am

Mornin' ladies, just a quickie from me to say I am most definitely a grobag fan - DS and DD both began to sleep through the night as soon as we started using them! DS at 7 weeks and DD at 11 weeks : D Usually use the 2.5 tog ones with a 1 tog one for very warm nights. But as Sasha says all babies like different things - mine seem to like the snuggliness of a sleeping bag but with the freedom of having their arms out. And DS in particular was a really active baby and always kicked his blankets off, so the bags were just the ticket for him. So far at night I've just been putting DD in a sleepsuit (and her grobag) as it's been quite toasty in the house, but will probably put an extra layer underneath when the winter kicks in.

Cleo, just want to say I really feel for you and poor DD with the eczema - I suffered terribly from it as a child (still have it but nowhere near as bad). It must be so tough when it's affecting her sleep so much. Glad to hear the Aveeno is helping, I've heard it's brilliant stuff.

Will catch up with you all properly soon. Got a busy day today and then we're moving K out of her Moses basket and into the big cot tonight - hoping she'll be happy enough, she slept fine in the travel cot at my mum's last week.

Have a fab Saturday everyone! :o) xxx

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 8:09am

Hi all! Nice chats in here,
Had op yesterday so on the mend now. Dh having to do everything today so I can rest.

Cleo I still put ds in growbag - he likes to be nice and toastie too. He has a sleep suit (no vest but he will have them again now as getting cooler) he sleeps so much better if he's warm. He wears so much more than his other baby friends but he sleeps through so it works for him.

I can't remember who has said what now!!! Grrr! Sorry and my phone won't let me look back so far.xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 8:10am

Moogle hi! We crossed posts xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Saturday, September 14th 2013, 10:41am

I have just put DD in a sleepsuit, no vest, having put her in rompers all summer. It's still 22 in her room so haven't gone back to a sleeping bag yet but I will. She always comes out of her cellular blanket.

She has just woken up, from her night sleep! Unheard of, must have needed it xxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Net

Sunday, September 15th 2013, 10:29am

Hello everyone and greetings from a very wet and windy north Scotland! It is blowing a gale here, I am still in my dressing gown and LO is napping though, so have the TV on and FZ, very nice! :hello:

It's been really busy in here so sorry if I miss anyone.

Cleo, hope the sleep training starts to pay dividends soon, you'll get there! Keep eating those rolos and take care x

Moogle, how did K's first night in her cot go?

BB, how is everything going? The first few months are so unpredictable, I remember thinking just as I thought LO would do x she would then change and do y with no reasoning....mind you that still happens now haha

EE, my LO also loves her grobag. She's in a 2.5 tog up here with a sleep suit as it's chilly but back at home I've had her in a 0.5 tog or 1 tog all summer, as it's been so hot. She kicks blankets off so we've used a grobag since she was about 3 months old.

WMG how is LOs reflux doing?

Louise, how are you feeling? x

Sorry I can't see back any further, but hello to everyone else!

AFM I don't get it but LO is sleeping SO well in her travel cot! She went 7pm - 2.30am, quick feed then back down till 6am, feed then back down till 8am last night, unheard of!! It was a similar story the 2 nights before as well. Can't work out what is so much better in her travel cot versus her normal cot....
We got amazing treatment at the hotel we stopped at in Newcastle on the way up here. A baby and a dog got us lots of attention haha, 2 free bottles of wine, free room service charge and an upgraded room....never ever had anything like that before! Our room was literally next to the Tyne Bridge,have never been to Newcastle before, looks like a nice place.
Off swimming today with my two nephews and LO. Oh my goodness how do you ladies with more than 1 manage! I am exhausted from 1 day of trying to wrangle 2 very energetic little boys who want to climb on everything and launch themselves onto the floor (narrowly missing LO and the dog!), as well as watching my LO and stopping the dog from trying to kill the 2 cats....think I'm going to need another holiday when I get back home.

Anyway I have waffled enough, have a lovely day everyone

xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 1:41am

Hi Net, are you feeding? Xxxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 1:45am

Sounds like you're having fun up there Net, apart from the weather. Great to have been upgraded :thumbsup:

I can't sleep...no reason really...I can hear dd a bit unsettled on the monitor, making lots of weird noises...she had a poorly tum this avo.

She slept for 16 hours yesterday!! 6.30-10.30, amazing, must be a growth spurt...?

I'm going to give in in a minute and go and make a milky drink...have been making my Xmas present lists, have a few pressies under the bed already...xxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 7:13am

Oh my goodness dusky!!!! Already :-/ xx
Must make a start but will do after ds birthday me thinks!

Net it does sound like you have had a nice time up there xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 8:02am

Morning ladies : D

Dusky that's very very organised!! I start after my DHs birthday at end of this month.

Net maybe your LO prefers the fully enclosed way of the travel cot rather than the bars. One of my twins used to get a foot stuck which annoyed her. That's before I put them in grobags. Funny haven't put L in one yet but will once I move her from her Moses basket to her crib.

Can't believe how good she is and how incredibly smiley she is. She melts my heart : D life is really good with my three little girls. Best get big girlies their brekkie now before we head to school.

Moogle hope the move to a cot went slowly.

WMG is the gaviscon helping?

BB how's you hun? I hope you're having more good days with baby xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Monday, September 16th 2013, 10:20am

Hi all

Dusky I missed you sorry! Yes I was feeding. LO was up twice last night, at 1.30 then at 5 but back down till 7.30.

Heather I think you might be right about the being enclosed thing.

Not much time sorry about to go out but am reading during feeds at night if not posting!

Take care all xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Moogle

Monday, September 16th 2013, 1:56pm

Hi ladies, will try and have a wee catch up whilst K has her post-milk nap on my knee - good excuse to get nought else done!

Oh, I missed your post the other day Louise, must've logged out too quick. How are you doing? I hope you managed to get plenty of rest over the weekend, have been thinking about you xx
Net, still pretty wet and windy today I imagine? It certainly is here! That's funny your LO sleeping better in the travel cot. I wonder if mine will be the same, as she slept really well in our travel cot as well. Good you're getting lots of rest at night anyway - that's what holidays are all about : D How old are your nephews? xx
Wow Dusky, you are very on the ball with Crimbo pressies in already! I have started thinking about Christmas... and thinking's probably all I'll do till December ;) Hope DD's feeling better today xx
Aw Heather, L sounds adorable. This smiley stage is lovely isn't it? xx
Sasha, yeah I forget we're in the same area too :) Did you have your LO in Paisley too then? Or were you Inverclyde? xx

AFM, well DH didn't get the cot built up till yesterday, with some help from DS : D So last night was K's first night in it. It was ok, she still wouldn't settle till midnight-ish, which is usual for her, but she wakened for a feed at 5.30am and was back up by 8am. So I don't know if she was more unsettled due to the change, or if something else is bothering her - I'm sure she's teething too. The last night in her Moses basket she slept for a solid 11 hours though! So tempted to put her back in, but she's really getting too big for it. Not much else to report. We all went swimming on Sat so that was K's first time in the pool - I think she enjoyed it but it was ruddy freezing when we got out! Also still no joy in getting her to take a bottle. Which may be a problem this week, as DH is away overnight for work on Wed and my mum is going to watch the kids for a few hours so I can go to my support meeting. I guess I'll just come home early if need be. Although I love being able to BF this time, I do miss the freedom of bottle-feeding - hope that doesn't sound too selfish...

Anyway, just an hour before I pick up my wee whirlwind boy from nursery so will try and get stuff done (always stuff needing done...) - big hellos to Buzz, EE, WMG, Rally, Cleo and anyone else I've missed! Take care all xxxx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 1:58pm

Hi ladies, I finally fell asleep at 4.30ish, am cream crackered!! And DH broke down on the way to work so had to come back and take my car, so I have to do the school run in the rain, booo!!

I just get a few bits throughout the year a stick them under the bed, DD hasn't found them yet, give it a year or two :)

HMC, how are your girls liking school? Xxxxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 2:04pm

Thanks Moogle hon, she is still unsettled and has a poorly tum, probably just teeth bless her.

Doesn't sound selfish at all hon, it can be such a bind sometimes but I just love it, and I think I am too lazy for all that sterilising etc, its just always ready :)

Hope K has a better night tonight hon xxxxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Monday, September 16th 2013, 5:56pm

Hi ladies, sorry again for a crappy short post but I'm really struggling again. Going to mention it to the HV tomorrow cos I'm just fed up feeling so anxious all the time. I'm convinced Isla hates me as I can't seem to ever settle her (other than when she's feeding) and I'm just emotionally exhausted.

Will hopefully be able to sort myself out soon.

Xxx

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 8:20pm

Hi girls

Rallygirl your going the right thing talking about how you feel, and I can guarantee we have all felt low at different times, it's very normal and it's best to be open about it and not bottle it up, being a mum is bloody hard, we have all be through so much then this little person comes into your life and its the most amazing experience but the biggest challenge all at the one time, your doing a fantastic job, chin up

Moogle yeah went to rah wasn't allowed to go to irh due to always measuring small and a small bleed at 30 weeks it's only midwife led at inverclyde now so a bit daunting when it's your first baby anyway

Net sorry about the crappy weather the west coast is just as bad, my ds loves the travel cot to

Dusky I've started Christmas shopping to to spread the cost

Hi to everyone else

X
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Monday, September 16th 2013, 8:42pm

Rallygirl :hugs: I've sent you a pm xxx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Net

Monday, September 16th 2013, 9:47pm

Hi all
RG I agree it's a good idea to talk to your HV, it's normal to feel emotional, cry ( I cried every day for 4 weeks) but do seek out help if its getting too much. I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time of it. Take care xxx

Weather here so much better today. Managed a 4 mile walk but poor LO so over tired she has been very cranky this evening. Tucked up now though. Moogle my nephews are 15 months and the other is 3 and a half. The oldest is so sweet with his ' baby cousin Lia'

No time for more now sorry but will be back on at 1am I expect!

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE