You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Julzo83

Reg: Feb 11th 2014

Children: Twins!!!

Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 11:40pm

Hi ladies!

Just been Catching up on all your comments can't believe howich everyone's babies are growing!! I didn't even know this part ofnthe thread existed!!!!

So just a general hello to everyone!! It's been so long from o have been on here! X x
Twins born 26-11-2014!! Girl 4lbs 3 boy 4lbs 7! Love them so so much!!

Don't give up hope ladies

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 9:26am

Hi julz, nice to hear from u!
How old u ur twinnies now? How r u getting on?
We had our 2nd set of jabs yesterday girls were good as gold, and I had organised my mum to help whereas the day b4 I was on my own all day and there was non stop crying ?o(
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 5:02pm

Hi girls, how's everyone getting on?

Julz it's good to hear from you. Your twins must be getting on for a year old now, aren't they? I just can't believe how quickly time is going!

Pip that's great the injections didn't bother the girls. Did they get the new meningitis one too? My poor boy was not happy at all after getting that one!

I decided last week that I would give the baby rice a go after all and it turns out he loves it! I'm only giving him a few spoonfuls a day but he gets really excited and kicks his wee legs when he sees the spoon coming lol. I've done a bit of reading up and it seems that the general weaning advice doesn't apply to prem babies and they should be weaned earlier. Going to try him on some puréed fruit tomorrow! The best thing is that he now is sleeping 7 hours at night. I don't know if it's anything to do with the baby rice but it's amazing anyway. After all those weeks of no sleep at all I never thought we'd get to this point!

Heather, how is your wee man?

Hi to everyone else. I see on the 3rd trimester board that a few of your lovely ladies will soon be joining us here! xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Pip

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 5:49pm

Oh ashstar that's amazing! 7 hrs a night is so good it's like a real sleep again
I didn't know that about the weaning I will need to look into it, that's great he likes it so cute.

Hope everyone else is well
xx

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 6:07pm

Since posting that I'm now beginning to worry that I shouldn't be letting him sleep that long in case he isn't getting enough to eat! He still sleeps quite a lot during the day some days too. There is always something to stress out about, isn't there?!
Ashastar

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 7:52pm

I would say if he's a good weight with plenty of wet nappies just enjoy the sleep! That's amazing progress - well done!

Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 8:21pm

Hi net, he definitely has plenty of wet nappies. He was weighed just over 2 weeks ago and was 11lb 4 so still pretty small! He's 19 weeks tomorrow.
Ashastar

Net

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 8:50pm

My DD was only 13lb at six months so he sounds like a fab weight to me. Let him sleep I say! Enjoy the rest xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 9:29pm

Thanks for the reassurance net. Honestly, no matter how well things are going I can always think of something to worry about!

Not long left for you! Hope all goes well xx
Ashastar

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (21.10.2015)

Net

Wednesday, October 21st 2015, 9:49pm

Believe me I was the queen of doubting myself and will be again shortly! Thank you - yes not much time left to go now! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Sunday, October 25th 2015, 9:03pm

Ashastar I personally would never lift a sleeping baby during the night unless there was some medical reason. They always wake up if they're hungry and you make a better mummy with more sleep : D

My wee man has the hv coming out tomorrow to measure his head again. I know he's fine but know he's going to end up needing the skeletal scans as his head is big. Hoping he's going to be my brainy boy because after the school parents meeting with the twins I am heartbroken as one of my girlies is struggling with everything wee pet.

How's everyone else doing? Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Pip

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 8:55am

Hi ladies how is everyone?
Heather any news on appointment for ur wee man?
Ashstar how is ur little guy doing on the solids?

How is everyone doing routine wise sleeping etc? My girls had been doing really well but struggling a wee bit more this past week, during the day I have just been letting them sleep whenever and dunno if I should maybe try and change that so they don't over sleep in the day, or are they too wee for that yet? They r 4 months this week but we're obviously 10 weeks early so it's hard to judge,
Can anyone recommend any books etc?
xx

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 9:33am

Hi Pip, we have a reasonable routine going in that I know roughly when he feeds and wakes up etc but it's not set. He has actually dropped from 5 bottles to 4 but seems to be ok as he is still sleeping through. You find your girlies are either going through a growth spurt so will wake up again during the night or they are getting a cold or something like that. If they did sleep through they will go back to that.

I really liked the Baby Whisperer book when I had the twins. Thought it was full of sensible and not too prescriptive advice.

Hope everyone else is getting on?

Still waiting on H's appointment. If it's much longer we will end up going privately. Am really quite anxious about him and it's not like me at all as I'm usually very relaxed person. Just want him scanned and checked out properly xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 1:20pm

Hi ladies, hope you are well.

Heather that's terrible that you are still waiting for an appointment although it could mean that they aren't too concerned about him or surely they would have seen him sooner? If you can afford to go private I would. Apart from anything else it will give you peace of mind which in my experience is worth any price.

Pip, I agree with heather that maybe the girls are going through a growth spurt. I heard that generally happens around 4 months. Hopefully they'll get back on track shortly! I haven't tried any books etc but I think if they want to sleep during the day you probably have to let them. I find that I can't keep my wee man awake if he really wants to sleep. Some days he seems to sleep loads during the day but others hardly any.

I feel like I'm taking a backward step with the feeding. Last week he was doing great. Was taking some baby porridge in the morning and some baby rice with fruit in the evening but also still taking all his bottles. Since the weekend I can hardly get anything into him. I thought maybe the porridge etc was filling him up too much so I've tried giving the bottle first but he just cries and pulls away from it. Today he has taken about 6oz in total so far and only a few spoonfuls of porridge. It seems very little compared to what he had been taking before. I'm a bit stressed out about it to be honest! Could be be teething this early? He has been dribbling a lot.xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 2:22pm

He certainly could be teething Ashatar. My LO had a tooth through at 4 months. I swear by the teething granules and trusty calpol if needed. Try not to stress too much about feeding. When they're hungry they'll eat. H has dropped a whole bottle but I haven't started weaning him yet so can't that but he's still gaining weight so he must be fine I reckon.

Just off from the hosp and they're waiting to see which list he'll be put on urgent or routine - urgent waiting times are 10 weeks and routine - 69 weeks!!! It's scandalous. To phone on Thursday to see how long but no way I'm waiting that long so looks like private here we come. Not what I need with just dropping to half pay!! Always something!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 2:40pm

That's terrible heather they can't expect u to wait that long with a baby! Do u have medical insurance?
Maybe the novelty has just worn off a wee bit with the solids ashstar?

I don't think it's a growth spurt as they r not feeding more than usual but seem to just b awake, I dunno if they need more stimulation during the day, but it's hard to keep them both amused during the day when they r awake at the same time, because they rnt sitting up yet and don't like their bouncy chairs they r either on play may or sitting up being spoken to but can only do that with one at a time
xx

Tuesday, November 3rd 2015, 4:44pm

That's ridiculous heather! Waiting lists for everything are unreal at the minute. I would definitely go private if you can. Hopefully it won't be too expensive. Nothing is easy with the rubbish maternity pay, is it?

Pip I completely understand what you mean about having trouble keeping them amused. I'm having the same problem with my wee man. He used to love to sit in his bouncy chair and look round him but he won't entertain it at all now unless I talk to him and wave toys around etc. I put him in the baby gym but even that doesn't keep his attention for long if I don't shake the wee toys around for him. The best thing I have found at the minute is to sit him in his car seat and put the handle forwards so that it's near his feet. I then hang toys from it and he gets really excited and spends ages kicking them! At least with twins when they get a bit older they will hopefully play together and keep each other amused lol. Maybe try taking them for long walks? I find if I do that the fresh air seems to make him extra tired. It's hard though because I always feel really guilty going for a walk and leaving my dog in the house but he's really hard to handle on my own with the pram!

Well R has been really off all day. He's still taken barely any milk and has cried loads which is really unlike him. He's normally a very happy chilled baby. I'm thinking it must be teeth. I tried to look at his gums but he kept sticking his tongue out. I put my finger in but couldn't feel anything.

Heather what are teething granules and where do I get them? I gave him calpol earlier and he perked up for a while. Will give him more before his next feed xx
Ashastar

Net

Friday, November 20th 2015, 3:37am

Hello - anyone chatting in here anymore? Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, November 20th 2015, 10:06am

Hi net - I'm still checking in although it's gone very quiet!

How is your little one doing? Is her big sister getting on OK with her? Hope you are recovering well after the section xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Friday, November 20th 2015, 10:23am

I'm still here Net but as you know I'm a little frazzled at the mo, lol !!

Ashatar apologies the granules are bought in Boots or Tescos and prob other places. There are 2 brands of which I forget both names!! But if you look near the teething gels etc you'll find them. They always seemed to help my LOs as well as the fab calpol and ibropefun ( however it's slept!). Hope it settles for you as it's hard to see them off form.

Net hope your infection clears up soon. I'm guessing that's why you've been so uncomfortable but in truth with all of mine within a week I've been up doing washing / hoovering etc. hopefully the antibiotics work soon and they don't affect the thrush. As soon as I have antibiotics I take a precautionary thrush tablet 3 days later as without fail I'll get it otherwise. I've been plagued with thrush for years so know all too well all the tricks!!

Pip how are your little ladies doing? Have you managed to work in a feeding routine that works for you.

Well my lovely boy is plagued by his skin so the weaning isn't going great. The only thing so far that doesn't seem to set his skin off has been baby porridge which he loves. Apple purée really set him off so trying him now on just banana to see how it goes but he's been scratching his little ears like mad. Waiting on an urgent dermatology appt so hopefully it'll come through in the next couple of weeks. He's going to need skin prick tests to see what's a goer and what's not!! Its not nice to see my normally very happy baby so grouchy and obviously upset :-(
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Friday, November 20th 2015, 10:51am

Hi ladies nice to hear from u all, I'm still checking in too.

Heather hope ur wee man is ok not nice must b so uncomfy for him, hopefully they can try and get to the bottom of what he can and can't have
How r u finding it with 2 net? Hope the BF is getting a bit easier.

How is ur weaning going ash star?

Girls r doing great still sleeping really well at night which is brilliant. DH has been off this past fortnight so it has made things allot easier with the girls but I think we r ready to kill each other we r not used to this much time together at home :huh:
xx

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, November 20th 2015, 2:50pm

Hi I'm still around too! Nor sure if I've even posted since announcing Jamie's arrival! As some of you know from fb we are having some really bad nights! Jamie is so unsettled and we don't know why and feel like we've tried everything! Anyway that means I'm exhausted! The worst night he finally settled at 3am but we get up at 6am with the older 2! He's currently fast asleep on my chest and I'm desperately trying to stay awake as I have the school run in a minute!
The HV came yesterday and I'm really pleased as he's put on 1lb in 10 days and I'm exclusively bf so that made me feel good! He's 3 weeks and weighs 9Lb2. She also repeated his hearing test as she didn't get a response from one ear last week and there was still no response tomorrow. I had a call this morning and we have an appt at local hospital on Monday. Fingers crossed the more sensitive test will show everything is OK.
Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Friday, November 20th 2015, 9:22pm

Great to hear from everyone!

Jasper I've been sorry to read about the sleeping. All I can say is that my first daughter was exactly the same and it did get better. I'm sure all is fine with his hearing too. How are your eldest two liking their brother? That weight gain is fab too. Well done. It's rather full on when it's just you feeding isn't it. I'm also exclusively BF and sometimes wish my husband had boobs too!

Heather sorry to hear about DS's skin. My daughter had the skin prick tests too - they were super quick and instant results. Hope all starts to improve soon.

Pip glad your girls are sleeping so well! That's great. They look so smiley on Facebook!

Ashatar great to hear from you too. Glad DS is doing well

Well I think my eldest has given us all a cold. So on top of the infected scar now have that to deal with! DD is Doing well but rather snotty bless her. Went to supermarket today for first time since birth. Wow I am sticking to Internet shopping! Ended up feeding her in the cafe then she wanted more milk half way around the shop then she had an explosive nappy! Took us three hours to do a shop!
Still nice to be out of the house

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Friday, November 20th 2015, 10:49pm

U ladies r doing so well with the breast feeding it must b so hard doing all the feeding hats off to u!

They r so smiley now which is great but Amelia has been struggling a wee bit with her milk wriggling about mad and screaming I dunno if she just doesn't want it, or its her reflux, health visitor said maybe she has a sore mouth but I don't think so as she is fine for the first 5 mins or so, tried changing her teats so see how that goes
xx

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Saturday, November 21st 2015, 7:44am

Hi ladies,

Thought i would drop in and say hello :)
7.30am and I'm the only one awake in the house, sat watching X men haha!!!

Well done net and jasper on the breastfeeding, I've just ended up expressing and formula feeding, I don't think my supply has been a massive amount this time around, even expressing from both I only seem to get 4oz, and he's finally got over his birth weight now so this way is definitely working, and he's still get the good stuff just prefers it out the bottle, less hard work I guess ;)

Dp is back to work Wednesday, feeling slightly nervous!!!! ;)
Had an emergency app at the docs yesterday, my scar is infected and I came up in a rash over my hands, tummy and top of my legs and had a fever and feeling really hot/cold etc, doc has prescribed antibiotics and took a swab, so just got to wait for the results of that its weird because last time I had no problems what so ever with my scar it healed really nice, maybe I've been doing too much this time around as felt so good afterwards.

Right I hear an elephant banging around upstairs, Z must be awake!!!

Sorry for lack of personals, will catch up more later but so glad to hear your all doing well xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

2 registered users thanked already.

Net (21.11.2015), hmcfeather (21.11.2015)

Net

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 12:11am

Hi all

Cheenab sorry to hear about your scar. How is it? Mine has improved loads since I started antibiotics. I have a horrid overhang though! Baby weight is taking an age to come off this time compared with first daughter. How is LO doing now?

Pip how is Amelua's feeding going? I recall dd1 going through a fussy phase. Dd2 is also fussing a bit now and struggling with wind massively.

How is everyone ? We managed to get to bluewater shopping centre today for lunch. Fed DD2 in public again which is fine but people do like to stare! I'm covered by a shawl so can't see anything but always feel a bit on show. Nice to be out. Taking her to cranial osteopath yomoroow to see if he can help with feeding and wind. My friends recommended it hugely. We shall see!

Right feed is finished hoping I can get some more sleep now xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 7:35am

Net I had to smile about baby weight....it took me 18 months with DS and about 2 years with DD!!! Hoping to shift it alot quicker this time though, I'm aiming for april/may as I'm going to a wedding. I'm glad I'm not the only one that worries about bf in public! I do it when needed but I can't help but try and plan my day to avoid it! I also feel uncomfortable in front of some relatives. I get a weekly support call from HV team about BF and I spoke to them about it last week. Let us know how Osteopath goes as a few ppl have recommended it to me too.

Cheenab you will b fine on your own. I feel more organised the days that I am on my own! How is your scar?

J had his hearing test at the hospital yesterday and thankfully everything was fine. Such a releif. He's still sleeping in with me every night which does mwan I get some sleep but it's not very good sleep. He's asleep in his pram now....why won't he sleep in it at night??!! X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 12:41pm

Hi ladies, it's great to hear from you all. Glad I'm not the only one with sleepless nights at the minute lol. After being a great sleeper for the past few weeks my wee man has had me up loads the past few nights! I can't work out what's bothering him - don't know if he's too hot or cold or if maybe it's the teething again. I'm just hoping that whatever it is it settles down tonight. We're taking him away for the weekend and it's a long drive so really need sleep beforehand!

Jasper I'm glad your wee mans hearing test was ok. I hope he's sleeping a bit better for you now. He sounds exactly like my little boy. If you read back some of my posts around July or August you'll see I was despairing of evert getting sleep again. He slept fine in his pram etc during the day but at night I couldn't lie him down at all. It turned out he had silent reflux and as soon as he got medicine for it he became a different baby.

Cheenab hope you're feeling better. Not nice to have an infection with two little ones to look after.

Net you made me smile too about the baby weight! I didn't put much on when I was pregnant but I really doubt my tummy will ever go back to how it was before!

Pip how is Amelia feeding now? R does that too sometimes with his bottle, pulling away and spitting it out and it drives me nuts! I'm convinced it's teething that causes it and his wee gums are too sore for the teat cos when I give him spoon feeds he is fine.

Heather, how is your wee man now? Hope his skin isn't still bothering him too much. Poor wee soul. Did you get an appointment for his head? Hope all is ok. Xx
Ashastar

Pip

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 6:08pm

Maybe it's his teething ash star, how old is he now?

Jasper good news on the hearing test.
Chenab how r things going?
Good for u on the public BF net ignore people don't let it out u off.

Amelia is feeding a wee bit better still a bit wriggly but not getting as worked up and is finishing some bottles, I think it's wind really, although she is on gaviscon her reflux seems to b worse she is bringing up a wee bit after every feed.
Heather how is ur wee man? Any news on his skin and head?

I am loaded with the cold now hard going looking after these 2 when feeling rubbish
xx

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 6:30pm

Hello ladies, great to hear from you all.

Cheenab you will be fine once your DH goes back to work. It might seem daunting but you'll get into your own routine that works for you.

Jasper great the hearing test went well and I hope you get the sleeping sorted out soon. I think some of them are just monkies but it really is harder when you have to do school runs etc and can't just get a nap if you need it

Net it is weird about the weight thing. I lost all my baby weight within weeks of the twins but never lost a stone I put on after I had L. I have managed to get back to that weight again quite quickly but am trying to be sensible and hope the weight will slowly return to my pre-babies weight but it is so true my body will just never look the same. Not quite sure but my boobs are bigger than they were before and no sign of them shrinking!!

Ashastar it could be teething more maybe more likely that it is a growth spurt. They can last a few days and is normally why they wake up if everything else seems to be ok.

Pip hope your cold improves soon and you start to feel better.

My little man is doing well. He is loving what we feed him but certainly not all of it loves him. Seems he is allergic to apples and pears so it is slow going the weaning. I know we are on the urgent list for dermatology so I really hope it comes soon so we can get the prick tests done.Still waiting on his ultrasound of his head.

I am preparing for a promotion board that I wasn't expecting and finding it hard to get myself motivated whilst on maternity leave but i wasn't expecting the opportunity so gotta give it my best!!

Sorry if I have left anyone off xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 9:38pm

Hi ladies

Great to hear from you all!

My baby weight had gone in two weeks after DD1 due mainly I think to me being stressed with high blood pressure! I've found my tummy has not shrunk as much at all with a section and I still have about 5lbs to lose but I'm not stressing it. I'll get back to running again once I am fully recovered. Also I am eating enough chocolate to sink a ship right now so no wonder I'm not losing it!

Heather sorry to hear about the allergies. J have a nut allergy and DD1 has fish allergy - i remember being g so scared to try new things with her after ending up in A and E following one fish incident. Hopefully you can get a referral soon. Good luck with your board!

Pip I hope Amelia settles soon. Have you asked your GP for anything stronger for her reflux?
Ashatar hope DS settles soon too and you get some sleep! It's frustrating when they stop sleeping after they have been sleeping well for a while isn't it.

Cheenab how's the scar? I think mine is clearing up now but it's still sore

So the osteopathy was today. He said DD is a bit compressed from her position in the womb and this might be making the feeding and wind worse. She didn't mind the session at all and I'm hoping it will make a difference. I've read great things about it so we shall see. He recommended two or three sessions. It was weird watching it as it looks like he's doing nothing but of course he is! DD has been quite unsettled today though with bad wind again but he said it will take a while for results to be noticed.
Jasper I would recommend it if you are thinking of taking your DS. Sorry he's still not sleeping well. I hope it improves soon.

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Tuesday, November 24th 2015, 9:39pm

And jasper really glad the hearing test was ok x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 25th 2015, 2:10am

Hi ladies,

Net well done for getting out and about, glad to hear your scar isn't feeling so sore now.
Jasper fantastic news about the hearing test, hoping ds sleeps a bit better for you at night, did the hammock not work?
We've only been going upstairs and putting F in the crib since Sunday, he was in the carry cot before that.
Heather fingers crossed the appointments come through soon, poor little man, a friend of mines little boy had so much allergies, but he is starting to grow out of them now as he's getting older.
Ashastar how old is little man now? Could well me teething my ds1 starting teething around 2 months, still no teeth till 7months though ;) it's horrid when your so used to them sleeping though then feels like back to square one.
Hi pip, sorry to hear Amelia is struggling with her milk, ds1 struggled with reflux and I think we are heading that way with F too. Hope it improves soon for you, lovely to hear they are both sleeping well at night.

Hi to everyone else hope your all doing well.

We've had a bad couple of days, both boys poorly :( ds1 has an awful cough keeping him awake all night, last night was sick a lot too, ds2 full of a cold too :( any magic remedies for an almost 3 week old? Have had him in the room with a really hot shower running, I got some saline drops but a friend said they wasn't really any good!! So a bit stuck.
He's really struggling with wind also, I'm thinking he might have reflux like Z did, he just seems in pain with it wriggling about high pitched cry, it seems a lot worse in the evening too :( his little bum looks so red as well as it always ends up coming out explosive out that end, have been putting some sudocream on for that though.
I swear I feel clueless again it's like being a first time mum again lol, I seem to have forgotten everything ;)
Although I swear I have been getting a couple of little smiles out of him!!! Ds1 first smiled at 3 weeks, health visitor pointed out it was a smile I just thought wind haha!! But these ones don't look like windy smiles.
Scar still a bit sore, my gp surgery rang yesterday saying the swab the midwife done on my wound came back as infected so now I need stronger antibiotics, hate having to take antibiotics they always seem to bum me out so not great when you already have hormones raging around everywhere!!! But if it's going to get rid of the pain then I'm all for that ;)

I'm no where near pre pregnancy weight, have a good couple of stone to lose!! With the diabetes I seemed to put loads on in the beginning!! And these past two and a bit weeks I've been so naughty treating myself to all the naughty bits the diabetes wouldn't allow ;)
I did say I would stop eating rubbish the day DP went back to work, so guessing that days today rotf

Right, this boys had a breather now time to attempt getting wind again ;-)

Net

Wednesday, November 25th 2015, 7:15am

Just a quick one Cheenab but saline drops always worked wonders for DD1. dD2 also has a bit of a cold so we are using them. Steamy shower room, maybe a vapour inhaler thing ( if you're allowed those for newborns?), and one of those snot sucker things after the drops. Disgusting but effective! Keep F upright and prop up one end of the cot to help it all drain too. But of kids olbas oil on a Muslin in the cot but not too near F.

Hope your boys are better soon xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 8:30pm

Hi ladies

I can't recall when DD1 started getting into any sort of pattern. dD2 is so different every day. Yesterday she was pretty much awake and crying from 10am-9pm either just an hours nap maybe in that time! Today she has been asleep pretty much all day. She slept really well last night too. I expect she'll be up all night tonight now! Jasper/ Cheenab what are your two doing at the moment?

How is everyone doing? Hope you're all well xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 8:32pm

Oh and she hasn't had a poo in over 48 hours! I know breastfed babies can go days and days without a poo but anyone know if it's normal at such a young age? Seeing HV tomorrow do will ask. I weighed her today as have baby scales from DD1 and I think she's put on 1lb 1oz since 16 November so happy with that, let's hope scales are accurate!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 9:35pm

Hi net, took us a good while to get any sort of routine, sounds like she was maybe over tired then couldn't get to sleep. Hope ur night isn't too bad tonight

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Olivia has the cold now and we r on the saline drops does seem to clear her up for a wee while, I know soon Amelia will have it to so gonna b a mad week

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, November 30th 2015, 2:42am

We had a similar day yesterday Net. DS cried on and off for 36 hours barely slept and neither did we! He seemed to have really bad wind. I ended up taking him out for a long walk in awful weather and he didn't make a sound! We don't have any sort of routine either but to be honest that's one of the things I like about breastfeeding, the flexibility. They say bf babies can go a while without poo but I find DS gets uncomfortable if he does, so I'm relieved when he goes daily!

DS has just woken from his longest stretch of sleep...5:hours and that you was in pram carrycot and not on me!!!! Only problem is that I'm wide awake now! Hoping to put him back in pram but just sat up with him letting milk go down!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

What's Up?

Monday, November 30th 2015, 4:36am

Wow doesn't sound like your little ones poo a lot?!!! F poo's probably 10 times a day, it's ridiculous how many nappies we go through. I'm really beginning to think he has a problem with his tummy, wind is an absolute nightmare to bring up and then it comes out his bum sometimes twice during a feed, and not a small amount either ;) it has been like that since day one, so I don't think it just because we are on formula now as he was the same when I was just breastfeeding. But his poor little bum is getting so sore, smothering it in cream :(
Doctor gave us gaviscon but I'm not convinced it's helping at all.
So think a trip back there is in order!!!
Other than that he does seem generally quite happy, he just seems off when the wind is annoying him, he's still full of a cold bless him seems so much worse at night, but he is sleeping quite well at night now, tonight done 11-3.30 and he's snoozing away again now, but typical I'm awake like you jasper!!!
I put him in his sleeping bag tonight as it says from 8lb 13oz, he seems snug as a bug in there :) and also for the first time in 3 and a half weeks I turned my lamp off in the bed room, used to keep it on just so I could nose over at the crib and check he was still breathing, is that strange?!
Either way the sleeping bag and light off seems to have helped the sleeping tonight :D

Right best try get some sleep, up in a couple of hours to get Z ready!!!

Hope your all well? xxx

What's Up?

Monday, November 30th 2015, 9:24am

Cheenab gaviscon never work for one of my twins and the only think that helped with the reflux and wind was special formula from the doctor. They don't prescribe it often as it's expensive but I'd personally ask for it. It's called Infamil AR. If you get it you'll need next size tears up as it is much thicker and can go a bit lumpy but worked a treat.

Net it's probably a little early for a routine with DD2 but she will get there in her own time. I always thought infacol helped a little so anything is worth a go to make it easier. It's hard to know if they have silent reflux but maybe worth asking the HV.

The snot sucker out devise whilst sounding disgusting is a fab invention and only thing that really works to clear out their wee systems.

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

We are almost at fever pitch for Christmas already in our house. It's very sweet. We will get our tree up tomorrow!!

Still no news on either hospital appointments but was told he will have his brain ultrasound before 11 January. They have a date by which it must be done but I'm relatively calm about his head as he's meeting his milestones. He's just started to roll onto his tummy then gets stuck as he cant get back. Will hear this week how long his dermatology appt will take.

As it comes closer for me to go back to work I am dreading the thought. I am loving being off with the kids and just don't want to miss all the time I currently have with them.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Monday, November 30th 2015, 9:49am

Hi all

It wasn't so much a routine ( I'm so not a routine girl, totally baby led) more a pattern day to day for what they want yo do. E is just all over the shop!

Heather when do you go back to work? My DD is also super excited about Xmas. Tree went up this morning! Mind you that's more DH being a big kid. Hope appointments come through very soon. I agree re the snot sucker - disgusting but wonderful invention!

Cheenab we have DD2 in a newborn sleeping bag too - they are from jo jo maman and I love them, so easy to change a nappy etc. I'll be putting her in a normal sleeping bag soon too. She was pooing as much as F up to a week ago then it's just stopped! I'm waiting for the explosion.....have you tried metanium for his bum? Worked a treat for us with DD1

Jasper I also wish she would just poo as she strains and strains but just farts. I think she's put a pound on in two weeks so maybe she's just absorbing the milk?

Had an ok night with DD, she was up from midnight until 1.30 wide awake but DH finally managed to get her to sleep. Off to see HV today and get her weighed.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Monday, November 30th 2015, 10:16am

Sounds like u r all doing well ladies.
My 2 r still very windy farting a lot rather than burping they r on a combo of gaviscon and lactolouse which keeps them on kind of an even keel but Amelia needs something a bit stronger I think.

They r still swaddled and in Moses baskets at night need to get them moved to sleep bags and cots as they r starting to outgrow the baskets but they r sleeping so well at night I'm scared to mess it up, any hints for moving them? Should I swaddle at first on cots them change to sleep bags?
xx

Net

Monday, November 30th 2015, 12:57pm

Poo update. We had a poo explosion. Omg never seen so much lol!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

2 registered users thanked already.

Pip (30.11.2015), cheenab (30.11.2015)

Net

Monday, November 30th 2015, 12:59pm

Pip maybe keep with the swaddle and move to cot, then change to sleep bag later on to ease the transition?
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip (30.11.2015)

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 5:53pm

Hi ladies, how is everyone?

Cheenab and pip I found the sleeping bags to be a godsend. Ryan is such a wriggly sleeper that I was spending half the night fixing the blankets and worrying if he was going to either freeze or suffocate while i was asleep! Pip as net says I would try moving to cot while still swaddled. I know what you mean about not wanting to mess anything up when they are sleeping well! Are you putting them into their own room? Ryan is still in a crib beside me but he's getting too big and keeps banging his hands off the side so I think he really needs to go into the big cot in his own room. I'm just not sure if I'm ready for it lol.

Heather that's terrible that you're still waiting on those appointments! Glad to hear he seems to be doing well though. Is he 6 months now? Ryan is rolling the opposite way lol. If I put him on his tummy he rolls onto his back but he can't do it the other way round! He is almost 6 months and I just don't know where the time is going. I'm the same about going back to work - dreading it so much. Really need to win the lottery before then lol!

I'm having a bit of a day from hell today. Ryan is normally a really happy easy baby but today he has cried nonstop. I just don't know what is wrong or what to do. He is only happy if I walk about with him but if I even sit down he screams and arches his back so I can't even cuddle him for comfort. I've read that arching the back is a reflux symptom. He does have reflux but it's been really well controlled with his medication recently so I can't understand what could have changed. I phoned the doctor to make an appointment in case the dose needs increasing and the earliest they can give me is Thursday. If tomorrow is like today I'll be tearing my hair out by Thursday!
Ashastar

Pip

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 6:06pm

Hi ashstar what is he on for his reflux?
I've been back at the docs with Amelia for it and they have doubled her dose of gaviscon but it doesn't really seem to b doing it for her so think I need to go back again.

They r still in baskets in my room just now but starting to outgrow them, Amelia kicks her legs when she wakes up and the whole basket is bouncing on the stand

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 6:38pm

Pip have you tried the reflux/stay down formula along with gaviscon?

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Pip (01.12.2015)

Pip

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 6:42pm

Hi sasha she won't drink it she is so fussy she won't do what she doesn't want to. Olivia is on the anti reflux and that does it for her but with Amelia it seems to b more the acid than the being sick
xx

Net

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 7:37pm

Pip have you asked for something like ranitidine ? That might help more than gaviscon.

Ashatar hope tomorrow is a better day for R. Could he be teething?

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, December 1st 2015, 7:52pm

Ah I see, it's so difficult isn't it, they do grow out of it thankfully but I'm sure your pulling your hair out with it just now.

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE