You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Friday, July 27th 2012, 12:16pm

Hi ladies, hope you and your LO's are doing well?
Anyone else having a problem with hair loss?! I knows hormones are still getting back to 'normal' but literally everytime I have a shower handfuls fall out!! I have to go check I haven't gone bald!! ;)
Is this normal after 3 months? I've tried changing my shampoo but that doesn't seem to be helping!!
Any one got any advise or have the same happening? xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• "Curlytails" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Friday, July 27th 2012, 12:27pm

Hi Cheenab, I cant say I've noticed any hair loss but then again I'm in and out of the shower so quickly these days it could be happening without me realising.

Gemmab it's really interesting to hear that Cobi is interested in food already. I plan to BLW Isaac so I'm going to be getting tips from you when the time comes.

Hope all the other babies and mums are doing well. The heat has really disrupted things here so I've relieved to have a bit of cloud today even though I've got a washing line full of nappies!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, July 27th 2012, 12:31pm

Had a problem with feeding Niamh last night, she has done this a couple of times now. She feeds fine for 15 minutes or so, then starts fighting me. She is clearly still hungry - mouth gaping, rubbing her cheeks against me trying to find the right spot, hands grasping at the breast etc, but she just won't latch on. She did this for nearly an hour last night - I'd take her off me and wind or cuddle her until she calmed down (she was getting more and more frustrated, even screaming a few times), then try again as she was so obviously wanting more milk. Eventually she settled to feeding for about 5 minutes, then fell fast asleep! It was very frustrating - not sure if she was maybe just unsettled after our weekend away visiting family (got back yesterday evening). She was fine at the hotel though. Anyone else had this problem?

Caraz my DS does this sometimes, usually when we are out and about rather than at home. I have linked it to me being stressed (even if i don't realise that I am). It seems to be when other people are around so maybe he is picking up that I am less comfortable feeding. I usually take him away from the breast for 5 minutes then try him again on the other side. I'm not sure whether that will help you but it's worth a try.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, July 27th 2012, 4:30pm

How are all the babies coping with the heat? Imogen seems really sleepy but I am waking her for feeds during the day to avoid dehydration.

Apparently when you are pg you don't lose any hair, but once you have had the baby you lose what you would have lost in those 9 months. Who knows if its true though??? It happened to me when I had DS so I am just waiting for it to start!!!

I occasionly have the same problem wth feeding and I do the same as CT, take a deep breath and switch her to the other side! I wonder if maybe they aren't quite in the right position. Interesting what you said about feedig when you are out CT as I often have problems with Imogen and before you know it I am dripping in sweat paranoid that the whole world has seen my boobs!!!

Nikki- as a second time mum,how are you finding things??? Somedays I feel guilty that I haven't been able to give either as much attention as I would like. :-(

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, July 27th 2012, 4:47pm

Isaac is much sleepier than normal too and yesterday I got really worried as he hadn't wee'd all day (he did eventually). He won't drink water but is feeding from me a lot more than normal so is getting lots of fluid.

Jasper don't feel guilty I'm sure you are doing brilliantly. I'm one of five children and never felt I missed out because my parents attention was divided :hugs:

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Friday, July 27th 2012, 4:56pm

Jasper - it is really hard sometimes, I find myself trying to put Grace down after a feed so I can spend time with Lewis but then feeling guilty I'm not cuddling Grace enough. Lewis is now being a real pickle too, having more strops & won't go in his car seat when we leave wherever we have been. He screams, goes all rigid and then I can't get the straps done up - had to call DH on Wed to come and get him in the car seat! Just been shopping in Sainsbury's with Grace screaming all the way around - went all quiet as soon as we got outside ... typical!

Grace is feeding more often today (& not sleeping as much strangely enough) - nipples seem sore too and it's then I wonder whether I should stop combination feeding but then feel guilty about that. It's so much quicker to give a bottle (although winding takes longer).

Love your new Avatar Cheenab :)

I did BLW with Lewis, but then started spoon feeding when I fell pregnant again as it was easier (& quicker). He is not fussy at all, eats anything & everything!

DH has gone out over the evening routine of dinner & bedtime so left on my own to cope :(

Have a good evening everyone.
Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, July 27th 2012, 6:32pm

Bailey turns 2 on Monday and the terrible 2's have hit!!! He throws himself on the floor kicking and screaming over just about everything!!! I am managing to look at books with him while I BF Imogen but it is hard. Luckily she is feeding pretty much every 3-4 hours for 20-30 mins so it's not too bad, she just hates being put down after a feed! I need to try and make use of all the people that love cuddling a newborn so that I can spend more time playing with Bailey. We have the car seat problem too, its so hard trying to stay calm when you are trying to bend them in to their car seat!!!!

If you have sore nipples have you tried Lanisnoh cream? I have got that as well as a tub of Lanolin that I got on prescription, it works wonders. Good luck with bed times! x

Wow, 1 of 5 CT! Makes 2 sound easy. I am sure it will get easier once we have more of a routine and I am getting more sleep!!! : D

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, July 27th 2012, 8:39pm

Cheenab loving the avatar- my hair is still falling out at an alarming rate and feels much thinner now but think this is normal.

Ct- Cobi is constantly grabbing for food. I don't give him much though cause of his age and also he is full by milk. He is pretty much sitting up by himself as long as we sit next to him so he can hold most things. And he obviously isn't hungry cause he sleeps 12-13 hours a night.

With the carseat ds has only done it a couple of times so no real advice. He is a pain for getting ready but much better since I made him walk to the car with no socks and shoes on. Now h knows I mean it lol

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Friday, July 27th 2012, 8:48pm

Jasper - Lewis is only 15 months, so was hoping for a bit longer before the tantrums started!! We are still on 2-3 hour feeds during the day (today has been almost hourly), although it's longer at night. With the car seat issue - it's the screaming and wondering what other people in earshot think I am doing to him ... As for help, apart from DH I'm not really getting much (except when I visit children centre groups and meeting up with friends, but they have their own little ones so only getting a few offers for cuddles). Grace won't stop crying tonight - seem to be constantly feeding her, perhaps it's a growth spurt?? Waiting for DH to get home for some help ...

Nikki x

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Friday, July 27th 2012, 8:52pm

Sounds like it might be a growth spurt. It's awful when they just cry and cry. Just try remember its not personal and it's quite warm.

Will she stop if you perhaps put her in the pram or he car seat?

Please don't. Worry what others think. Can you give him a toy when you get in the car take his mind off it? Or make it n to a game where he is trying to climb in himself?

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

Friday, July 27th 2012, 9:26pm

Gemma - she would but can't go out as DS is in bed & I'm here on my own. It's cooler tonight than recent days & it's only today she's been unsettled. Will try a toy next time when trying to get DS into car seat - hopefully that'll do the trick :)

Nikki x

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, July 27th 2012, 9:59pm

I bought some stickers today to reward good behaviour and they have worked so far! It's not a reward chart or anything he just likes them on his t-shirts, they do it at nursery so thought I would try it at home. I am sure the novelty will wear off and I will have plenty of stickers left for when DD starts having tantrums!!!

I hope your DH gets home soon Nikki!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 8:02am

Morning girls

Hope you and babies are all well.

Looking for some advice, it's still early days Oliver is only 11 days old, he's a very good baby and sleeps great during the day and feeds every 3-4 hrs but always closer to the 4 but then night time comes and it's a total battle, he just seems so restless and when we try and put him down to sleep in our room (he sleeps in the living room during the day) he just doesn't want to sleep or part with his last bit of wind but as soon as you decide enough is enough and get up to take him back downstairs he falls asleep in the living room without any problems. My hubby spent most of last night sleeping on the couch which isn't something either of us wants to start but at least we both get to sleep so it's difficult not to.

Any advice would be appreciated

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 8:08am

Hi Sasha, I had similar battles with DS who refused to sleep in his crib but would happily sleep in our bed! I used to swaddle him and that really helped. In fact last night he was being a pickle and I wrapped him up and cuddled him and he soon dropped off.

If that doesn't work maybe you can try to work out what is different in the living room to your bedroom. Maybe it is the noise of the telly or the lighting. If you can create a similar atmosphere in your bedroom it may help. I bought a projector which plays music and projects a slide show on the ceiling. It seems to calm him at night time so may be an idea for you.

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 8:45am

We have been having the same problem on and off and I put some of it down to the different temperature and also that maybe I don't wind her for long enough at night as I am keen to get back to sleep. It can be sooo frustrating! I have got a projector aswell but its still in the box, I might give it a try tonight!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 2:33pm

I am after some advice/reassurance from th other BF mums!

I have been finding that I get quite anxious and watching the clock worrying about when the next feed will be, will it be really soon and I am not expecting it, or if she goes longer than usual I am worrying there is something wrong with her! Does anyone else feel like this? I am used to routine with my DS particularly when I was working, maybe this is why I am finding it hard. I may go to the local BF group this week and have a chat to some mums there. I have never been to one before so I am not sure how useful it will be.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 3:07pm

Jasper - part of your worrying is probably due to having another child to look after too. I am keeping a diary of feeding & that probably makes me more aware of when Grace is due another feed. I've been to our local bf group & it is really useful having other mums to chat to about bf.

I'm still not into a good routine with them both but DH has just finished a job so off for a bit. DH has taken DS out for the afternoon, not before I had a big go at him for not understanding how hard it is looking after both kids :-( DS has just started getting huge strops, especially trying to get him into the car & if he doesn't get his own way. Finding that really hard with Grace too. So I'm curled up on sofa with Grace watching a film :)

Nikki x

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 6:54pm

Your DH might not understand Nikki but I certainly do, I just feel exhausted most of the time. I might try keeping a feeding diary and see if that helps me. I think the fact that she is still so small and people are always commenting on it makes me feel anxiuos. We don't have a routine with the BF really I just try to 'plan' her feeds around our plans for tha day. For example if we are going to a toddler group in the morning I feed her just gefore we go even if she was fed an hour before in the hope that she will be OK until we get home and I can focus on DS when we ae out, obviously this doesn't always go to plan!!! DS is at nursery for 2 days a week, I really need to try and rest on these days but I don't!!!!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 7:37am

I'm sort of the opposite Jasper as DS still feeds about every hour which is exhausting. I watch the clock trying to stretch him out further :sadface:. I think I may start a BF diary too and see if I can start to extend the gap between feeds because at 10 weeks he really should be eatig more efficiently. I have been to a BF group and it is nice to meet other mums, plus you get free coffee and cakes at mine! I didn't actually get any useful advice but it was nice to be out of the house.

I have a job interview today so please keep your fingers crossed. If I get it (please!) then I will be earning quite a bit more and would be able to afford to go part time from April (I haven't told them that though). I have no idea how I am going to perform with my baby brain but I'll do my best.

Jasper and Nikki I don't know how you manage with two but I am sure you are doing better than you think :hugs:

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 9:07am

Good luck today CT :)
Jasper and nikki hope your both doing ok? I'm exhausted after one!! You 2 are doing a fantastic job :)
Hope everyone else is well?

I'm going to take Zachary doctors tomorrow, I'm convinced his tear ducts are blocked, we still have no tears at nearly 14 weeks, and his eyes keep going red!! So have been massaging round the nose and eyes, we did have a slight wetting round one eye, but nothing since!!
Everyone keeps telling me it will happen on its own, but I'm not convinced and hopefully they will rule out an infection as well so atleast that will put my mind at ease :)

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 9:26am

Cheenab. MY DS didn't have tears until he was about 1, but he didn;t have anything wrong with his eyes, so try not to panic. Good idea to go to the drs though to ask them as they are the experts and hopefully they can reassure you everything is ok. I always liked to think that my DS was just happy enough not to cry with tears :snigger: But in all seriousness, i think babies just differ. He now has tears and sometimes over the most teeny tiny things!! Bless him.

CT - good luck sweetie.

Nikki, My DS went through s phase of arching so much and protesting about the car seat, i used to make no fuss, let him arch a bit, then straighten him up get him c;upped in quick, then carry on. Once id put music on in the car (his music!) he forgot about being upset! It was a phase though and it passed fairly quickly, as i'm sure yours will to. They are little devils sometimes these little ones ::P

Jasper - i am sure you are doing a brilliant job being mum to too. I can't imagine how exhausting it is having two to look after, but you sound like you are doing really well, but perhaps you are striving to be too perfect, when actually you are doing fine as you are.

Love to all you new Mummies blowkiss

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 9:38am

BGE I think you are right, I am trying to be perfect, whatever perfect is!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 9:54am

Just a quickie from me re routines! Don't get stressed because you don't have a feeding routine or a bedtime routine or anything because your LO's are still really tiny! My LO was in bed with me until 8 weeks as it was the only way I could get some sleep and then from about 12 weeks started going to bed at 9 and then it got earlier it self. With feeding just go with the flow! Your LO's are still relatively new to all this so please don't stress too much about it all. As long as they're ok and your ok everything is ok!! :D

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 10:36am

Morning girls

Hope your all well.

Looking for some advice, baby has had 3 dirty nappies since 1am this morning, he will be 2 weeks old tomor and we have been having 1 dirty nappy a day now i have had 3 in less than 12 hours, we were told to up his feeds on Tues by the health visitor and since then he has been very windy, could it be colic, baby getting used to extra milk or something else?

Can't believe how much you worry over all these small things :)

Hope you all have a nice day, the sun is trying to come out here
x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 12:06pm

They keep us on our toes don't they Sasha!

We once went 5 days with none, a few days where it was 1 or 2 and now its pretty much after every feed, some times we can get through 2 or 3 in a single change as she just keeps pooing! 3 in 12 hours seems normal to me.

I went to a BF support group this morning and I was the only one there so it wasn't really very supportive!!! :-(

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 3:08pm

y DS always pooed lotsin one day! If they are having more milk too, it just goes right through them :snigger:

Jasper - so sorry the BF group wasn't supportive for you...perhaps a baby stay and play might be better on one of the days your DS is at nursery??

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 9:38pm

Thanks girls

Never thought id worry about smelly nappies :laugh:

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 8:11am

I know! People always say new mums are obsessed with poo but I never believed it! My DS has gone the other way and seems to only go every few days now. The first time it happened I was really worried but it just seems to be his pattern. When he does go he explodes so I think I would prefer the little and often that you are getting :snigger:

Is anyone up to anything nice this weekend?

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 8:35am

We usually have 1 a day, but sometimes like the other day we had 4 8|

My poor little bub is really suffering with teething :( I'm going on the hunt today to find some of these miracle granules people keep telling me about!!

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 9:45am

morning girls

You will be sick of my constant questions lol but have a bit of an embarrassing problem

This is tmi time but i'm struggling with bowel movements, i have managed to go although it hasn't been much and i'm just starting to get my appetite back but the last few days i have really felt like i need to go but can't, it almost feels like it's going to come :O but i could easily sit for 15 min then nothing happens, it almost feels like it's half way out but gets stuck (disgusting i no sorry) has anyone else had this problem? I'm too scared to take a laxitive coz i don't want to go the other way but at the same time i'm starting to worry that things aren't working quite as they should.
Any advice?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 9:53am

Sasha this is exactly why we started this thread. In the early days your body just doesn't act like it used to and it is really worrying!

I had that problem in the first few weeks too and was advised to eat plenty of fruit and veg and it eventually sorted itself out. Your body is recovering from quite a shock to the system and it will take a while to right itself. I know it feels odd but try not to worry about it. Did you have a tear and stitches? I found that didn't help as I was terrified to go in the first week and then when I felt less sore I couldn't! (sorry far tmi).

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 7:18pm

thanks curlytails

I had 2 stiches but i have managed to go (bowel movement), but then now it's half in half out (sorry far to much info) that is really getting to me, thankfully it's only happened in the house.
Went to the pharmacy and got something to try and help and have tried to eat and drink a bit more today.

The pain i'm feeling at the mo in that area is far soarer than giving birth lol

Hope your all having a nice weekend

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 7:28pm

Did you find the teething powders Cheenab? A few of my friends swear by them but I never tried them. Let us know what you think.

Sounds like you are suffering Sasha, I think you are doing the right thing by eating more fruit and drink lots. Maybe try some prunes.

We had a great night last night after a awful one the night before. Imogen slept from 8, I woke her to feed her at 10 and the next thing I knew it was 5am!!! Thats the longest she has gone between feeds and I am really pleased as DS didn't acheive anything like that until he had been on formula for a few weeks let alone when I was BF!!! Wonder what she has in store for us tonight!!?? x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

What's Up?

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 3:12pm

Hope you had another good night jasper?

We got some teething granules but not the ones we were recommended boots are all sold out!!
But these ones seem to be helping a bit, he really likes them as well!!! ;)
Anyone else been giving there baby's little tasters? Zachary's 3 and a half months now and we've been giving him little tasters, just bits you can dab on your finger etc!! Not sure if I should be or not yet!! But he seems to like it ;)

Hope everyone else is well xx

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 9:35pm

Not such a good night last night!!! I have been shattered all day today. DH has tomorrow off work so atleast it will be an easier day if I am still tired! Fingers crossed for tonight!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 8:14pm

Hi girls

Hope your all doing well and enjoying the nice weather.

Hubby goes back to work tonight nightshift so a little apprehensive about being on my own :S

Feel like i have a little routine going but nights still aren't great, don't get me wrong there not bad either, we feel baby is very noisy but is sleeping, i think after his feed at 2am he is too tired to wind and i'm too tired to keep trying when he's falling asleep in my arms so i put him back down but that's when he's very nosiy and although sleeping is quite unsettled. I was thinking of using infacol during the night to assist with winding does anyone else use it?

Also how much milk do your babies take? I know there all different but were on 4oz, Oliver will be 3 weeks on Sat and he manages to take a bottle in less than 15min, should i be uping it?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 8:23pm

Hi Sasha,

When I am really tired the same happens to me when I am winding. We both just fall asleep!!!! I used Infacol for a few weeks and it really helped as she just wasn't bringing her wind up. You need to use it for a while to see the affects, it doesn't work at each feed, the affect builds up over time. I hope that makes sense!

I can't help you with the oz's as I am BF so I have no idea how much she has!! ?o(

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 8:41am

Sasha, we rarely wind Zachary if he wakes in the night!! Obviously we try but he's already fast asleep again!! And it always comes out his bottom first thing ;)
Zachary is on 5/6oz depends how he feels ;) but he is not overly fussed by milk!!
But he also drinks his in about 15-20mins :) x

Quick question ladies, are you supposed to have a 12 week check with the HV?
I'm sure she said last time I spoke to her that she would be seeing me soon for his 12 wk check!! He's now nearly 15weeks!! Have tried ringing and of course no answer!!
I wonder if you can request a new HV!! Mine is useless!! ;)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 8:45am

Hi Cheenab, I was signed off from the HV at 8 weeks although we have a local clinic I can take him to if I have any concerns. My HV was useless too so I am pleased I don't have to see her any more rotf

I don't wind DS overnight either but I am very fortunate that he is not a windy baby, he seems to work it all downwards rather than up!! This may sound odd but his farts have started to smell and I don't remember any of my nephews or nieces having smelly wind. I have googled it and it seems normal. God help me when he is older because between him the dog and DH the house will stink rotf. Are your babies the same?

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 8:49am

Zachary has really stinking farts sometimes ;) I actually think he's had a poo, go check and there's nothing there!! ;)

Thanks ct, won't make an effort to contact her then!! Mine is probably about as useless as yours was!!! ;)

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 8:51am

Sasha - try dentinox as an alternative to infacol if you want something that you don't need to use with every feed. Seems to work for us! As for formula amounts, we are combination feeding but when Grace just has a bottle she has about 4oz (then 2-3oz after a breastfeed) - not sure if that helps as Grace is a little bit older. Does he appear still hungry after that bottle? I would try an extra oz - he won't take it if he doesn't want it (or just bring it up in which case you know it was too much). Hope your night was ok without DH and your bowels are better (I found plenty of fibre worked well).

Jasper - how are you doing? I hope you are getting into a better routine with them both now - but it is hard. Grace is starting to sleep better at night now but wakes about 5am for a feed and I don't really get back to sleep after that - it's starting to catch up on me.

Grace had some photos taken yesterday - so sweet. Lewis bit Grace on the foot last night - had to tell him off but think he was sorry as he patted her on the head after she screamed!

Curlytails - Grace's wind is terrible, have to apologise if we are out as don't want people thinking it is me :-)

Cheenab - we are seeing the HV at 12 weeks but only due to the initial problems we had feeding and Grace's weight gain. Sure it's fine as they'd have made an appointment if needed.

Have a good day everyone
Nikki x

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 9:10am

Ha ha all these farty babies! Imogen is terrible too, like you Cheenab I go to change her thinking she has poo'd but nothing! They are also very loud sometimes, luckily it hasn't hapened when we are out as people wuldn't believe it came from such a tiny baby!!!

I still don't have any routine and have had some really tough days again this week! I am BF exclusively so I am just accepting that a routine will be harder to establish and I won't get so much sleep. I am much better at not feeding her everytine she cries, but if she appears hungry from 2 hours onwards from her last feed I will feed her as there is alays that worry of not knowing what she has had. I am running on empty as I go to bed about 10.30 after her last feed, on a goodnigt I am up for an hour around 2.30 and then up at 6 for the day. I have started to feel very ligt headed and dizzy. I have my 6 week check today so I will see what the doctor says. I have had no luck with expressing so I have to get up for every feed. CT - what are your nights like, when do you feed Isaac? I know they are all different but its nice to know how other BF babies sleep.

Nikki - Maybe the shock of Grace screaming will make sure Lewis doesn't do it again! Bailey fell on Imogen when I was changing her earlier in the week and I screamed, next thing you know we are all crying!!!

In my area you see the HV at 2 weeks and then not again until 8 months unless you request to see her. I am lucky though as she is great. She must be very experienced as she is in her 50's.

I have a list of questions for my 6 week check this afternoon. Including contraception options, I didn't think I would ever have to worry about that again!!! ::P

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 9:22am

Jasper it sounds like you are doing well overnight. Isaac generally has a feed at 10pm then wakes at midnight and again at 3am, he's usually up for the morning at 6am. He doesn't always wake at midnight though.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 9:26am

Sounds like they are similar then at night. I would love to get an early night but I know that if I don't feed her at 10 she will wake much earlier!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 9:31am

Sasha, I was told by hospital to offer more in the bottle than they will take, so if lo normally has 4oz, offer 5oz. If lo drinks a full bottle, add an oz , hope that helps. I tried infacol and then dentinox but found the best thing was gripe water, but you can only use it once lo is one month old. Infacol might work but my lo was extremely windy, but she's alot better since she got to 3 months and doesnt have anything now other than gaviscon.
CT, lily went through a phase of having smelly wind, but didnt last long.
Cheenab, I wont see hv now until lily is a year old. The last review she had was her 6 week review.
Hope everyone else is getting on ok xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 9:34am

Jasper - I had the contraception discussion at my 6 week check. I was on the combined pill back in 2006 but can't use that while bf - so at the moment we are abstaining while I consider my options. I love being pregnant and having a baby - just we can't really afford another one so when DH jokes about #3 when we 'get friendly' that's enough contraception for me :snigger:

Nikki x

Caraz

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 14th 2009

Children: one beautiful, amazing daughter

Monday, August 13th 2012, 7:52pm

hi ladies

sorry to be so quiet lately - just don't seem to find much computer time at the moment!

kat13 - thanks for the advice on how much formula to give. We give Niamh a bottle last thing at night, and weren't sure whether to stick with the amount it says on the packet or not - she aways empties the bottle, so we might try giving her a bit more. I was worried she might just sick it up though!!

cheenab - we are seeing HV again tomorrow (6 weeks), we last saw her at I think 3 weeks, but had an extra visit to help with the BFing problem I was having. Not sure what happens after tomorrow.

sasha - a bit late, you are probably sorted by now, but my GP prescribed me lactulose towards the end of the pregnancy, and I am still taking it now as and when needed. I drink loads of water and eat a fair few fruits and veggies, but it doesn't seem to help that much. Its really annoying as I got though 8.5 months of pregnancy with no problems only to get badly affected the last couple of weeks, and since the birth!

Funny to hear about the farty babies :) Niamh isn't particularly windy luckily, other than when burping her, even then she often doesn't do anything. The other end any sound effects usually means nappy needs changing!

We've been doing pretty well overall - she stopped being so fussy at feeding a few days ago, but seems to have reverted (possibly the warmer weather sets her off?), and my left nipple has got really sensitive again unfortunately. Its been fine the past 2 or 3 weeks. I've started expressing again, as I want to increase my supply slightly so I can start donating milk to the local milk bank, for babies in the SCBU. Anyone else doing this?

Just been to the GP for 6 week check and she thinks I may have a yeast infection causing the pain in my breast :( Taken a pill for it, so hopefully things will improve soon!

Hope you are all doing well :)
Caraz

TTC since Oct 2007 (me 36, dh 41 at the start)
IVF March 2010 :BFP: MC @ 14 weeks; IVF Nov 2010 :BFN:; FET May 2011 :BFN:; ICSI September 2011 :BFP:!!!

Its a bab19 !

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?

Monday, August 13th 2012, 11:29pm

Caraz, I think that would be great if you donated milk to your local scbu unit, I never realised you could do that. It will really help some of the babies in there xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 10:25am

Hi girls

Hope you are all well.

Caraz - i eventually went to the chemist and that's what they gave me, bloody hell does it work, only had to take it once the day i got it and had been to the loo 3 times in an hour (tmi sorry) then have taken it once since then, quite handy to have becuase i think it works within an hour or so with me.

Had a great sleep last night although woke up in a panic, gave baby a bigger bottle going to bed, he usually feeds at 10pm and is down for 10.30pm then up at 2am. I heard him make a wee noise at 1.30am but he fell back asleep, i then woke at 3.15am and jumped up in a panic but he was totally fine and just starting to stirr, it's amazing what a good sleep does for you.

Hope you all have a great day x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 10:28am

Just a quick post. If you do want something for constipation and something natural califig is fabulous.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE