You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, January 7th 2016, 10:25pm

Hi all

Wow it's busy ( a good thing!)

My DD goes to nursery two days a week and she loves it there. It was a rocky start and it's not always been her favourite place but I think it's helped with her development. We also had a choking incident with her when she was 7 months - it's so scary. It was on a baby sweetcorn. I did a first aid course and am glad I did although I'm a bit rusty on the details now!

My MIL looks after my DD one day a week and I know what you all mean about leaving small children with older parents. I don't leave mine with my parents as they are mid 70s and have bad knees/ backs etc. They just wouldn't be able to react in time if my DD did something that required quick intervention.

Heather glad the nanny is working out.

Hello everyone, hope you're all well. Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, January 8th 2016, 11:38am

Ashatar yes our nanny comes to the house. I have found in general there is little difference in cost between a day nursery and a childminder and in fact some of the childminders we looked at expected us to bring the girls lunch bags and snacks with us. I don't know if that is normal but I don't expect to have to pay a fortune in childcare and then have to prep their lunches etc before I drop them off!! Childcare costs really are totally exhorbitant. It was one of the things that we really had to consider when we were planning on more after the twins. Our live out nanny is working out great but paying about £1800 a month is a lot so I am on the search for a live-in mothers help again. They are fab and we have the space in our house so it works out so much cheaper.

With my dad's dementia I don't feel like we can even leave the kids for an overnight anymore as it is just too much for my mum to cope with and my DH's parents see the kids about twice a year so we have no real family support from childcare persepctive.
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Net

Friday, January 8th 2016, 10:25pm

Heather I agree, The cost of childcare is insane...I'm looking forward to my free hours come April. We pay £500 a month for 2 days a week at nursery, but I know in central London it's probably half as much again.....licence to print money I think.

E has been really unsettled today with bright red cheeks - I'm rather hoping it's not teething at 10 weeks old! I also dropped my iPhone down the toilet.....it's not been a good day!

Ba k on antibiotics for the third time for scar too. Agh!

How are you all getting on? Pip/Ashatar how's the weaning going? Jasper how are you getting on? Sleep any better? Cheenab how are you doing? Love the photos of F on FB. Wardie how's the feeding going? E varies now between 3 and 5 hourly at night so some nights are better than others.
Sorry if I missed anyone

X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: 1 precious boy

Friday, January 8th 2016, 10:58pm

Hello everyone
Sorry I haven't been here much. There was so many posts to read thru
My son Aidan is 9week 3 days today.
He feeds every 3 hours and at night after 5 hours Later.
After having his vaccine last week. He was well thankfully.
He sleeps most of the day and is very quiet. Me and hubby have 2 embryos (someone mentioned something about embryo storage)
They will store your embryo if you pay annual storage fee. Our one is due soon in February beginning sometime.
We want another baby, now :-)
But it's not possible as we just had a c section. I don't know how soon we can have one??? Does anyone else know how soon u can get pregnant after c section?
Me and hubby will try naturally beginning of April when Aidan is 5 months. Only because I was a c section, if it was natural than I would have tried for one straight away. Hoping that I get pregnant straight away if not than try until Aidan is a year and than go for Frozen embryo transfer.
Sorry to hear net u had an infection.

Ok now I was slim before pregnancy and had a pretty flat stomach
Now Aidan is 2 months and my belly still hasn't shrunk!! I look like I am four months pregnant! Please advice me how I can get Rid of my belly after a c section? I am not even eating much :-(
4x ICSI- Feb 10, Dec 11, Oct 12, Apr 13: :BFN:

ICSI- Feb 15: :BFP:
bab22 Born on 04/11/2015

ICSI - Aug 17 BFP
bab22 Born on 29/04/2018

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Friday, January 8th 2016, 11:26pm

Congratulations smihel :)

BabyH- I'm not to sure on the time frame to try again after c section, i know there is a higher chance of your scar rupturing if you fall pregnant quite soon after, have a google see what that brings up or have a word with your HV she may know.
Also i have spoke to alot of people who have had c sections, and that bulge doesnt tend to budge according to them!! rotf
After my first one i sort of had a little bulge down the bottom but the rest of my tummy went flat again, now after the second the bulge looks huge!! But my stomach is alot flatter (well than it was ;)) Sorry not much help atall :P

Oh no not again net. Have they said why they think it could not be healing? Mine looks pretty good now, no redness or anything xfingers it stays that way!!!

Apoligies to anyone on my fb the amount of pics i put up ;) i tend to back photos up on there, as my phone has a habit of deleting stuff randomly!!
Dont want to lose any of my favourites, so stick them on there!!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well?? xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Net

Saturday, January 9th 2016, 7:11am

Don't apologise for the photos Cheenab! I love them and look how many I post myself!

Babyh great to hear from you, I think you need to be slightly cautious after a section so perhaps ask your GP? Also I can't shift my tummy bulge either. I had flat tummy after two weeks with DD1 which was forceps birth. This is much harder to shift!

Happy weekend everyone xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Saturday, January 9th 2016, 9:56am

Hello ladies,

I was he same Net after the twins I was back to pre-pregnancy weight and shape really like. After preg number 2 I've just neveramged to shift the extra stone I put on. I'm back to that weight now but am really going to try to lose it to get me back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Great the sleeping is stretching out a little at night.

Babyh it depends how your section went how long they tell you to wait before becoming pregnant again. After my second section I was told to wait 2 years as there was a lot of scar tissue and adhesions. This time round I was told no earlier than a year. The usual advice is to wait 12-18 months. We are in the same position if it had been natural delivery we would try immediately but just can't take the risk.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 3:33am

Hi all

Agh DD has been up for two feeds and it's only 3.30am.....so tired , and DD1 has been awake at 4 am last three mornings as she's Unwell. Shattered!

How is everyone? Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 6:13am

Hi ladies

Sorry for being awol I honestly do not know where the days go!!!!

So have had a bad couple of nights with D!!!! He sleeps from around 8pm had a bottle at 11pm but normally not very much then wakes between 3&4 for another feed & again doesn't have very much and then is pretty much awake from then onwards. He will sleep for perhaps 20 mins intervals then wake unsettled dummy goes back in and back to sleep for another 20 mins. Then around 6am he won't settle and will take much more of a bottle and then would sleep until 8ish!!!!

Last night however was a different story he guzzled his feed at 7pm & 11pm then woke again at 1.30am had a bit of a bottle and then had basically been unsettled since!!!! I eventually came downstairs with him at 5am and he has now fallen asleep!!!!!! I am shattered!!!!! Is this a growth spurt? Any suggestions???? I do not rush to his side immediately when moaning but equally cannot leave him for long as do not want him to wake DH or L! It's tough!!!!

In other news L has been a right little madam for a few days to say she is pushing her limits is an understatement- all normal behaviour but not always fun!!!!!
DH has a really bad knee and was signed off work last Tuesday for 2 weeks we have an appointment tonight with a Consultant at one of my private hospitals so we will see what he says but I fear he may have to have surgery!!! We also came to a huge decision im going back to work in May & DH is going to take 9 months off for D's adoption. So that is exciting & odd!!! For us as a family it makes perfect sense. Although I'm entitled to the full leave again I don't want to take it and would have only taken until July off whereas if DH takes it we don't have to worry about childcare until next year & L can go to pre-school in Sept!!!! So now looking at putting an office in the garden as I work from home 95% of the time and not sure working and 2 kids are a fab mix lol!!!!!

Right best dash I need a HUGE coffee.

Sorry for no personals but hope you are doing well! Net I feel your pain xxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wardie" (Jan 13th 2016, 6:15am)

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sasha146 (13.01.2016), Net (13.01.2016)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 7:37am

Forgot to ask can anyone recommend a decent swaddle one of D's biggest issues are his arms!!!! The ones I have he manages to get out of!!!!!! Drives me insane xx thanks xx

Net

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 8:11am

She was up again at 5.30. Omg. Coffee, stat!

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wardie

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 8:16am

I'm feeling your pain Net!!! D has finally fallen asleep for how long who knows!!!!!!!

1 registered user thanked already.

Net (13.01.2016)

Net

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 8:18am

Wardie sorry I didn't see your post - I blame lack of sleep lol. Have you tried leaving him to cry a bit? I know you don't want to wake DD - could she stay over at a grand parent for a night or two if it got desperately bad? Your DS is still young so might just be a growth spurt making him unsettled, or maybe he's coming down with a cold?

I used gro swaddles from gro company but they might be too small for your DS. I had to stop swaddling DD as she just kicked it off. Do you use sleeping bags at night?

You going back to work sounds like it makes sense. My DH works from home in home office, it works ok, the door is kept shut!

What is DD doing? My DD is playing up massively too. Do you think it's due to DS arriving? It's hard isn't it. You have my sympathies.

Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 11:22am

Ladies I am sorry that you are struggling with the sleeping at night. Must have been something in the air as last night my little man was awake loads too. I think he was hungry as he never really setttled from 3am onwards and absolutely guzzled his porridge and milk in the morning. Not sure exactly how much the new nanny is feeding him or could be a bit of a growth spurt. My lot seem to tag team me at the mo. I can't complain really as they are not up long but still disturbs my sleep pattern. Last night was H, night before K wet the bed, night before that it was L's turn to need taken to the toilet and she wanted her blanket back over her and goodness knows what else. Thankfully I never have any issues with one of my twins as she never ever wakes up during the night!!

Wardie great you have a plan for childcare and if your DH can take the time off and you are happy to go back to work then that sounds great. I know certainly after the twins I was looking forward to going back to work to feel a bit more than just a mummy, if that makes sense?! I have never used a swaddle so can't recommend them. I use a sleeping bag and in the colder nights I also use a blanket. I know what they say about overheating but H is still in our room and he just sleeps a lot more soundly when he is toasty warm. He even likes his blanket bunny over his face which can be scary but when I move it off him if simply puts it back over.

About you worrying that D will wake up your little girl it is surprising just how soundly children can sleep through another child crying. I was always amazed with my twins that actually even if the other one was wailing it never interrupted the others sleep. Guess children aren't just in tune the same way we are as adults to a baby crying.

I do feel your pain about the playing up too as we definitely have the terrible twos in our house. L literally throws herself on the floor over the most trivial thing. I always totally ignore her but to be fair to her she has got great determination as she can go on for an hour. Or what works quite well at the mo is I lift her out into our hallway and tell her that when she is ready to stop crying she can come in. She isn't put on the naughty step and there is no shouting but I guess I can giving her a choice of when she is ready to come in. She doesn't like missing out on what is going on so she comes and opens the door but I am firm that if she is still crying she cannot come in. Tends to break the 'my world has ended' crying much quicker.

Could be your LO's are feeling a bit put out over the new arrivals or could simply be that developmental stage where they are hard work. Although tahnkfully they can be absolutely hilarious too so that m
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net (13.01.2016), Kimbo1982 (13.01.2016)

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 11:23am

Sorry cut off post!! Makes life easier.

Hopefully everyone else is keeping well xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 1:55pm

Lovely to hear from everyone, sorry the sleeping has not been great, we r still quite lucky there maybe up once each baby for a dummy so can't complain.
Sounds like a great plan Wardie means ur LO's have one of you full time for longer.
We use sleep bags now but when we did swaddle we just used a blanket done it tight and then used another blanket to tuck it down the sides of the basket.
Girls got weighed yesterday they r still really small 12lb and 12lb 8 at 6 months hoping they do catch up a bit keeping going with the weaning breakfast goes well but dinner not always great.
Hope everyone else is well
xxx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Kimbo1982 (13.01.2016)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 2:02pm

Thanks ladies. Well we do use the sleeping bags but he is constantly knocking his dummy out with his hands so that just adds to the waking up - have tried to not give him the dummy but then gets himself in a right state this is in the middle of the night as generally he starts off the night without one. So we went back to the swaddle but now he either gets annoyed/upset because he cannot get his arms out or he gets his arms out!!!!

I am wondering if he is hot - we do not have heat in the bedroom (he is in with us) but I feel our room is generally quite hot as I often wake up hot so going to try maybe just a baby grow.

He is soooooooooooooooooooo unsettled today and hasn't had much milk - have checked for a temperature and he doesn't have one so DH & I are at a bit of a loss as to what could be wrong. He does suffer quite badly with wind. He just did a massive poo so wondering if he was a little bunged up but now still really unsettled. It is very tiring.

I think now L misbehaving is just the milestone we did have some bad behaviour in the early days of D arriving but now I just think she is pushing boundaries as she literally does everything she shouldnt and she knows she shouldnt. Just trying not to sweat the small stuff otherwise I feel like our days are spent with me constantly saying NO!!!!!!

Feeling soooooooooo tired but haven't really got time to sleep...... I am sure with some more caffeine I will survive.

Right best dash D is crying AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx

Wardie

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 4:21pm

Can anyone recommend a baby projector/musical/light thing? He seems to like all the colours when we show him one of L's musical bears just exploring options for night time lol!!!

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 4:25pm

Wardie when mine are really unsettled and obviously can't tell me what's wrong I always give 2.5ml calpol and it usually does the trick. It could be they have a sore throat, gums or whatever else but can't tell us. If the dose of calpol works I continue with it for a couple of days if still unsettled and then take to doc or if calpol isn't working I try more milk, bum and sleep. My twinnies used to be awful if they were overtired.

About the dummy issue I wrote a few weeks ago for Pip. I ended up quite early on taking dummy off one of my girlies as she was constantly waking up looking for it. It took about 30 mins crying first night for her to get herself back over to sleep and then 2nd night about 10mins and we've never looked back since. Because of the hassle with dummies with the twins I used blanket bunny comforters instead with my last two and the first two. They aren't just the same level of prop and they can find them themselves easier than a dummy. Just a thought maybe worth trying. He is still v young and having two little ones is hard work so i feel your pain xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Kimbo1982 (13.01.2016)

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 4:34pm

Sorry Wardie can't recommend any night musical things. I didn't have one at one point but was more hassle than it was worth.

Pip I meant to say that I know you said about your girls being small. My twins were always on the 2nd centile for weight and height and that has never changed. They are small for their age but superbly healthy, fit and strong. Their swimming teacher keeps commenting about how strong they are for their size. They are able to do everything everyone else can do and more in some cases so unless HV is worried they are dropping centiles please try to relax. They may just be small and perfectly formed xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

3 registered users thanked already.

Pip (13.01.2016), Kimbo1982 (13.01.2016), Net (13.01.2016)

Pip

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 4:53pm

Thanks heather, they r in between the 2nd and 9th for corrected age people do comment how strong Amelia is she likes to walk if u hold under her arms she really pushes on her feet, I think people r just surprised to see it cause she is so teeny.
We r using the comforter blanket teddy things along with the dummy they like to hold them and rub them on their faces the dummy problem isn't as bad now so worth a try Wardie.

Heather, Wardie I don't have u guys on FB if u r on would b lovely to have u, I love seeing all the girls updates and pics. Philippa Ward profile pic is me and Olivia, she is in a wee my first Xmas bib.

I may bore u with baby pics tho lol
xx

hmcfeather (13.01.2016), Kimbo1982 (13.01.2016)

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 6:55pm

Thank you for the fb invite Pip but I'm not on fb anymore. It's a security thing with work. I do miss it sometimes tho!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip (13.01.2016)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 8:25pm

Thanks for all the help ladies much appreciated!!!!

He is asleep have made a couple of changes to his crib so we will see if it makes a difference also got the Calpol at the ready again 'just in case' we have also reserved a musical projector thing from Argos that we will pick up tomorrow will give that also a try for a few days to see if that helps if not can always take it back lol!!!!!

I would take away the dummy as he has another comforter but not sure at 10 weeks old he would be happy about it as he generally wakes sucking for it & I know it's not his milk he wants as always try that 1st. Will try these other things 1st and as a last resort will try taking away the dummy and deal with the crying lol!!!! All trial & error I guess! Just he has never been this bad before so has been a bit of a shock lol!

In other news not long been back from DH's hospital appointment & he has to go for an MRI on Tuesday but Consultant thinks he has cartilage damage and will need keyhole surgery but won't know for certain until he has seen the MRI so will see consultant again on the 26th. DH will have to go back to the GP and get his sick note extended!!!! All fun and games but better to get it sorted before he goes on Adoption leave for 9 months! Not sure his work are going to be all that impressed but not much they can do I guess!!! At least from a selfish point of view I have him home and an extra pair of hands!!!

Net how has your day been!?? Good luck tonight!

Pip thanks for the add on FB!!! We don't do much about kids on there for security reasons but lovely to see yours!!

Thanks again all xxxxx

Net

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 8:38pm

Pip my eldest went down to 0.4th centile then settled on 2nd, she was about 12lb at 6 months. Like Heathers girls she's so capable and strong. There's somuch pressure for babies to put on weight it drives me crazy, the health visitors in my opinion put too much emphasis on it and don't take into account all the family shapes and sizes etc. I got so atressed about weight with her I swore I wouldn't with DD2!

Wardie sorry you're having a tough time. I agree with Heather's great advice on thecalpol. Hopefully DS will settle soon. Good luck tonight.

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip (13.01.2016)

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, January 14th 2016, 4:27am

Hi ladies,

Well we've had a stressful couple of days poor F has been in and out of hospital, they said he's got bronchiolitis (quite common I'm told!!) and a crackle on both his lungs, poor little guy sounds so rough :( he's not really keeping much milk down either, he was on 6oz but now he's barely taking 2, and even then doesn't always keep it down :( the hospital have said after he's sick just give him half hour and feed him again little and often, still not helping though, they said if he doesn't start keeping it down he will have to be tube fed :(
Nearly 4.30 and I've cleaned up sick twice tonight, and I only took over from dp on night duty at 2.30!!!!
Hate seeing him so poorly, Z is really unwell too, horrible cough and not really eating I felt awful yesterday got back from the hospital and giving him a cuddle and he goes mummy I'm poorly too, I felt so awful like he thinks I had been ignoring the fact he's poorly :( going to make a big fuss of him today, all this and I feel absolutely lousy too, haven't really eaten a lot in the past few days as just feel so sick!!!
This being poorly lark is no fun!!! ;)

Sorry lack of personals will catch up tomorrow, currently sat on the sofa with Z one side and F propped in his bouncy chairs incase he's sick again, really need some zzzzzzzzzzzz but don't think I dare fall asleep!!!

Net

Thursday, January 14th 2016, 6:55am

Oh no Cheenab that's awful, so sorry. Hope you're all better ASAP. Take care xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Thursday, January 14th 2016, 11:57am

Oh poor you Cheenab. My twins both had bronchiolitis when they were little babies. It's tough going but they made quite a quick recovery so hopefully you'll all be on the mend soon. They needed inhalers etc for a couple of years after and they worked brilliantly and then they grew out of the wheeziness. Thinking of you all x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Thursday, January 14th 2016, 12:24pm

Aw cheenab that sounds rough for all of u, poor F and ur little man as well, at least he is a big boy in sure he will b back on his full bottles in no time
Hope u manage to get a bit of rest too
xx

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, January 14th 2016, 2:12pm

Thanks ladies, took Z up the docs this morning and he has a chest infection :( so antibiotics for him. Have got dp off work also 'dying' in his words, typical male!! ;)
I on the hand need a maid, so hard keeping on top of everything while everyone is poorly!!

Pip

Friday, January 15th 2016, 1:32pm

Hi all,

Cheenab how r things?

Trying to get my girls eating more, at breakfast time I do porridge then milk, but I was speaking to another mum who does a bottle then an hour later porridge, and is giving a lunch and dinner.

I am doing just a bottle at lunch then some veg and a bottle at 3ish. I've been quite strict on my feed times to keep the routine but I don't know if I should just offer more bits throughout the day or stick to feed times, what r u girls doing?
It is actually quite complicated and not much advice from health visitor
xx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Friday, January 15th 2016, 2:30pm

Hi everyone,

Cheenab what an awful time you're having! I really hope you are all ok and the little ones are on the mend. Poor wee pets.

Pip, I agree the health visitor is useless when it comes to weaning. They don't seem to have much experience with premature babies. I have changed my routine just in the past few days as I have been having the same problem as you at breakfast with trying to fit in porridge and milk etc. He was either eating the porridge then refusing the milk or if I did it the other way was drinking the milk and then not having room for the porridge. I now give him a bottle when he wakes sometime between 7 and 8am. Then around 10.30am I give him weetabix with cows milk (had been giving porridge but last 2 days have discovered he loves weetabix!). He usually goes down for a nap after 11am and wakes about 12 so around 12.30 I then give him another bottle. Sometime in the afternoon I will give him either a wee yogurt or some puréed fruit and then another bottle about 4.30pm. He then gets dinner sometime around 7pm - vegetables and sometimes a pudding or fruit also, then a final bottle going to bed. So far this is working well. I'm not sure when to start introducing solids at lunch time too as I'm scared of his milk intake dropping.

I'm also wanting to start with some finger foods but not sure what exactly to offer him. He can't sit up unsupported yet so I'm not sure if it's ok or if he will choke! Can anybody give me any advice?

Sorry for the lack of personals. Will catch up properly with everybody's updates later x
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Pip (15.01.2016)

What's Up?

Friday, January 15th 2016, 3:38pm

Ladies,

I'm not sure exactly what advice to give as I don't know how many bottles they should be taking when they were premature. I give porridge in the morning and then a bottle which he usually takes a full bottle but probably because he is starving in the morning. I then give pasta or something similar about 12ish with another bottle although he doesn't always finish it and then at about 3ish he gets some more food and a fruit pot and offered another bottle. He sometimes takes all or nearly none of it and then he gets a last bottle about 6.30pm. Once they start to wean the milk intake will drop so it is important to ensure that they are given a range of foods. It is ok to give finger foods of toast, banana slices, cheese just nothing too small.

Try not to stress as the amount of milk taken should reduce down to 3 bottles a day and then it will eventually drop to 2 a day xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hmcfeather" (Jan 15th 2016, 3:39pm)

Net

Friday, January 15th 2016, 5:03pm

Sorry ladies I'm next to useless as I breastfed my eldest and can't remember what I gave her and when....I'm gonna be clueless again this time round!

Cheenab hope your boys are better soon xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Friday, January 15th 2016, 6:38pm

Ash star we sound in the same boat, Olivia literally won't drink even an ounce now after she has eaten so I'm going to have to try and desperate it a wee bit even with her bottle with no food today so far she drank only 3oz! She loves her food tho, I'm feeding them from 1 bowl and spoon and whenever she sees the spoon full up and not come to her she goes nuts she gets in a right state I have to feed her a good few spoons in a row then go back to her sister but I then can't keep track at all of how much Amelia has managed to eat I think she is being short changed.

I'm trying to stick to routine with them because most of the time it's just me and them but struggling to make it work the same with the solids

What's Up?

Friday, January 15th 2016, 7:28pm

It is difficult Pip when they are both hungry. H goes mad when I go slowly. I used to try to feed each one of them at one time depending on if one was hungrier than the other one. I promise it gets easier. Is it possible to give one a stick of toast to chew on whilst you feed the other.

Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Friday, January 15th 2016, 8:48pm

Thanks heather, I didn't know if they were too wee for toast although they r 6 months because they r still wee I'm sticking to the food guided for 4 months but I'm not really sure if that's right or not. I think I'm going to try offering a bit more food throughout the day and just 2 feeds where it's milk only hoping it makes her finish those
Maybe try ur idea of feeding one then the other just take a bit longer but what can u do lol
xx

hmcfeather (16.01.2016)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 8:15am

Just a quick one from me!! Just want to document that D slept from 11-5 last night had some milk & a nappy change & slept again until 8 am and was only woken by his sister shouting his name!!!!!

I feel fab after a good sleep!!!

Will catch up more later!!!!

Much love to all xxxx

3 registered users thanked already.

Pip (16.01.2016), sasha146 (16.01.2016), Net (16.01.2016)

What's Up?

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 2:28pm

That's fantastic Wardie : D
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, January 16th 2016, 10:48pm

Hi all :)

Think we are finally getting there, he's only been sick a couple of times today and seems a lot more alert when he's awake, so fingers crossed he's getting over it now :) it's been bliming awful!!! Z's cough seems to be getting a bit too so hopefully all the germs are leaving our house hold ;)

I actually had the best sleep last night, fell asleep with Z at 8pm then woke at 8.30 this morning :P dp did the night with F, that sleep was soooooo needed!!!!

How's everyone doing? xx

Pip

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 11:24am

Great news cheenab,
That sleep sounds amazing!

We have 2 girls doing the opposite, Amelia has been sleeping at least 10 hrs, Olivia has started getting up at 5am she isn't crying just full of chat kicking her legs etc, try leaving her but then Amelia ends up awake too. So was up with her for a while this morning, then she went back to sleep till 8.30

I dunno if it's teething or her appetite getting bigger, said trying bongela and more food hoping something works lol

How is everyone else?
xx

Net

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 9:08pm

Cheenab so glad F is on the mend. So jealous of that sleep!

Wardie glad DS had a better night for you too.

Pip hope your girls settle a it. I recall DD going through a 5.30 wake up at 6 months. Lasted about three weeks then went back to 6.30.

I am soooo tired. dD 2 awake at 3 am this morning and just cried for three whole hours. I don't know what the matter was - maybe wind or a cold as we've all been under the weather. So desperate for sleep but she's wide awake.....help! Wish me luck for tonight....

Hi all hope you're well xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Monday, January 18th 2016, 7:07am

DD2 went 10pm-5.30am, back down at 5.45 and she's still asleep! Whoo! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Kimbo1982 (18.01.2016)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Monday, January 18th 2016, 8:30am

Fab news Net!

Little man went 11-5 then back to sleep until 7.15 not complaints here :)

Maybe these babies are finally getting the hang of this sleeping lol!!!

Net (18.01.2016)

What's Up?

Monday, January 18th 2016, 10:11am

Great news on the sleep front, even if it's not totally consistent yet.

H has his next HV review tomorrow so can't wait to see what his measurements are. He's such a big boy!!

Well best run on as have a meeting to go to and will catch up better later on xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 4:18pm

How did it go Heather?

Wardie that's fab sleeping!

E weighed yesterday 12lb 2 which is right on her centile ( not that I pay too much attention to those graphs but it's good she's gaining)

She's been so unsettled this morning though. I resorted to calpol this afternoon but wonder if I should. She's not got a temperature but she's got a cold so wondering if it's that. She's quite sleepy but seems happier now...
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Kimbo1982 (19.01.2016)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 7:39pm

Wow go E!!!! I reckon D is a right fatty lol!!!

So I think D is actually teething- I know he is young but he is chewing his hand constantly being odd with feeding and can see/feel what I believe is a tooth! Even my mum said the same at the weekend! Bless him!!!

D slept from 7pm last night woke at 3am had a little bit of milk & went back to sleep until 7.15 long may it continue!

How is everyone?
Heather how did it go today??'

Much love xxx

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 9:26pm

I'm also thinking the same wardie about F, he's had rosy cheeks the past couple of days and constantly shoving his hands in his mouth, then crying like he's hungry then when we give it he doesn't want it, I got some dentinox teething gel so going to give that a go.

Wow well done E, she is doing fab :) these colds need to bugger off don't they!!! We are still all trying to get over ours, going to take F to get weighed next week as he had lost a bit last week when we was at the hospital, and he's still only just taking 4oz where as he was on 6 pre illness :(
He's being super clingy also, doesn't want to be put down and just screams when you do, Z thinks it's acceptable to get up 20 times a night also, so mummy is shattered!!!!! ;)

Hi to everyone else hope your all well xxxx

Net

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 10:00pm

Oh blimey Cheenab, hope you get some rest soon. Glad F is on the mend.

Wardie it's great that D is sleeping so well

I think E is teething too! Just back from A&E with her as she had a temperature over 38 and has been so unsettled all day. They think she's got a viral infection as we've all had stinking colds. Bless her. So worrying when they're this small. Cheenab I can't imagine how stressed you've been.

Hi everyone else xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 10:07pm

Hi ladies,

You all have my sympathy as I also have a sick baby today. R woke at 11pm last night and pretty much cried non stop until 6am. He eventually fell asleep for about 3 hours but has been super unsettled all day. He has a runny nose and a cough so I guess he must have the cold but it has been very hard going. He's really clingy and just crying constantly and not eating much. I've literally just got him to sleep. Had to go out of the room and leave him crying for a few minutes as nothing I was doing was consoling him. Eventually gave him a dummy which he won't normally take and he fell asleep. Poor wee man is exhausted but I'm not confident that he won't be up again soon. The health visitor is coming out tomorrow to do his assessment. Could really do without her!

Hope everyone is ok and we all get some sleep tonight xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Net

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 1:18am

Oh no Ashatar that's such hard going isn't it. Hope he's better very soon xx
NET